Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

They need to get rid of AEW and just have ROH, the good brand. And start booking the Manhattan Center again.

With the way attendance is going, this feels inevitable 😔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Quantum of Phallus posted:

With the way attendance is going, this feels inevitable 😔

Who's gonna tell him?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MJeff posted:

Who's gonna tell him?

The putrid Canadian dollar is at an all time low, if anything Tony lost money last night.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

But there's a critical mass of great trios that requires two sets?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

“yea ok had hoes” no he didn’t. That isn’t true.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Got his rear end

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

The putrid Canadian dollar is at an all time low, if anything Tony lost money last night.

Stop calling it putrid. It has a loonie on it. It's majestic.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There should only be one title and every wrestler should have to share it equally as a lesson to all the kids watching

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i did

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gift of the Gods was the only good pro wrestling title

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

There should only be one title and every wrestler should have to share it equally as a lesson to all the kids watching

This feels like the way you'd retire the Ironman Heavymetalweight title, everyone is the champion.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

History Comes Inside! posted:

this is a good idea. or Renee can have a big santa sack by the ramp and hand out a shiny new highspots belt to each person as they come out. that way no one has to be not be a champion or feel lesser.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

a dearth of hoes

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

The continental belt was a gift to eddie so he could have a triple crown. its served its purpose. Okada should toss it in a woodchipper and bbt should change the reward for winning the C2 into a gigantic trophy. Need more trophies in aew.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Get his sleepy rear end

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
I'd be okay with all of the belts if they would just differentiate why each belt is significant or whaf it represents beyond being a belt. TNT Title at least had the 'face of the network' thing to make it different from the World title amdbI know people hate on the RoH Pure Championship but at least that has a set of rules that would explain why certain wrestlers wouldn't be interested in pursuing it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't care about the significance of belts or titles that don't mean poo poo to me man. As far as I'm concerned all this exists as an excuse to show me that sicko poo poo like Pac vs Okada or Osprey vs Danielson.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Most Power Alex posted:

I'd be okay with all of the belts if they would just differentiate why each belt is significant or whaf it represents beyond being a belt. TNT Title at least had the 'face of the network' thing to make it different from the World title amdbI know people hate on the RoH Pure Championship but at least that has a set of rules that would explain why certain wrestlers wouldn't be interested in pursuing it.

Necro Butcher Pure Title run was another huge ROH miss.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Most Power Alex posted:

In fairness, the Continental title having the 'no-one allowed at ringside' rule does help a little.

On a different note, I'm still confused as to why the heels went over in the streetfight. It genuinely feels like there was a logical story going where Willow was succeeding without Stokely's help, but Kris was struggling, Will was gonna get a title shot, win the title, and then Statlander would turn on her out of resentment stoked (heh) by Stokely, gives her a nice little defence and then you go to the Mercedes match... and instead they've decided to turn Willow heel with very little explanation when Mercedes resenting her for winning the title that should've been hers in NJPW makes Mercedes the natural heel, IMO. (Plus she's a better heel than face)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

In fairness, the Continental title having the 'no-one allowed at ringside' rule does help a little.

On a different note, I'm still confused as to why the heels went over in the streetfight. It genuinely feels like there was a logical story going where Willow was succeeding without Stokely's help, but Kris was struggling, Will was gonna get a title shot, win the title, and then Statlander would turn on her out of resentment stoked (heh) by Stokely, gives her a nice little defence and then you go to the Mercedes match... and instead they've decided to turn Willow heel with very little explanation when Mercedes resenting her for winning the title that should've been hers in NJPW makes Mercedes the natural heel, IMO. (Plus she's a better heel than face)

Mercedes is a face right now and doesn't know whether she can trust Willow or not. Statlander is being set up to join her out of frustration that her team with Willow is failing because of her personal shortcomings.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

Mercedes is a face right now and doesn't know whether she can trust Willow or not. Statlander is being set up to join her out of frustration that her team with Willow is failing because of her personal shortcomings.

TBH, I think my biggest issues are the finish to the streetfight (I feel like the right finish was Willow pinning Skye to set up the title match at the PPV) and the opening segment. Willow clearly rearing back for deliberate chair shot makes ZERO sense. There's a million better ways they could've laid that out. Have Mercedes also with a weapon, and when the lights go out they're facing away from each other, bump into each other and both go to swing before stopping, for example.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

TBH, I think my biggest issues are the finish to the streetfight (I feel like the right finish was Willow pinning Skye to set up the title match at the PPV) and the opening segment. Willow clearly rearing back for deliberate chair shot makes ZERO sense. There's a million better ways they could've laid that out. Have Mercedes also with a weapon, and when the lights go out they're facing away from each other, bump into each other and both go to swing before stopping, for example.

she wasn't rearing back for a deliberate chair shot. She made it look like that to plant doubt but she was clearly looking around so she was looking for the bad guys. This is a case of miscommunication. Not deciding to go bad.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yea ok posted:

fell asleep. will watch tomorrow

decent show

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shard posted:

she wasn't rearing back for a deliberate chair shot. She made it look like that to plant doubt but she was clearly looking around so she was looking for the bad guys. This is a case of miscommunication. Not deciding to go bad.

Looking for the bad guys by staring straight at Mercedes and not anywhere around the ring or moving in any way. Right.

Look, if it worked for you, fine, it didn't for me and soured me on the storyline a good bit

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shard posted:

She was staring right at Mercedes. Willow fan copium off the charts right now.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'll have to go back and watch but I just figured Willow was supposed to be trying to help and Mercedes would misinterpret and I think Willow did a bad job at getting that across. But maybe I am projecting too much and Willow really was just thinking about loving Mercedes up with that chair and was really indecisive about it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

She was staring right at Mercedes. Willow fan copium off the charts right now.

Willopium

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

looked like an obvious will she won't she deal to me , the smartest fan alive. might not be the worst idea to turn old Ferrari Broke heel after a while. Lmfao.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shard posted:

Willopium

I thought that was what got Ospreay so elevated

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

I thought that was what got Ospreay so elevated

he's elevated because he's standing on top of Danielson's shoes because he can't fit in them

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

yea ok posted:

looked like an obvious will she won't she deal to me , the smartest fan alive. might not be the worst idea to turn old Ferrari Broke heel after a while. Lmfao.

who the gently caress is Ferrari Broke?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Her nickname in the other place was Boss, so now she's CEO

The real curiosity is we can't use Botcha Stanks anymore, so we need a substitute for that. Since she's Mercedes Mone now, I propose Ferrari Broke

Please check the latest proposal and we can circle back tomorrow. Idk what it means either.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Suplex Liberace posted:

who the gently caress is Ferrari Broke?

His name is Fernando Alonso

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

Please check the latest proposal and we can circle back tomorrow. Idk what it means either.

Where are the "make it so I never saw this and never remember it again" settings in True Ignore?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

It should be Buick Broke or Mercades No-moné. Get the alliteration right

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

but also you all can go to hell thread Mercades is the best

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

C-E-No, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
really glad ospreay didn't lean into bruv as a catchphrase for his promo, thought he might since the crowd likes to chant it and it'd be an easy way to get more of a reaction but also a different type