Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Apparently it's being done marathon style. So pod race in the morning. Take a long lunch and a nap and come back for the OT.

They’re not even showing the movies in loving order?

Edit: I guess showing the prequels first will avoid anyone new in the audience going “who the hell is that guy!?!” at the end of ROTJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Gutcruncher posted:

They’re not even showing the movies in loving order?

I’m assuming it’s 1-9 and not release order.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I'm getting real boss baby vibes from that film

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Kingo Ligma posted:

I watched the first two episodes of Netflix's 3 body problem and what the gently caress it's really good so far? Benedict Wong and super hot lady ( like approaching peak Jay) definitely help. I don't know how they'll ever make the anime ninja big titty robot less embarassing if they get to it, but it already feels much less 4 Chan engineering student overall.

Between this and GOT maybe Benioff and Weiss are just genuinely really good at toning down if not removing author's Incel tendencies?

You motherfucker don't get my hopes up

Burns
May 10, 2008

Benioff and Weiss are just huge pieces of poo poo.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Jose Oquendo posted:

Described as a “horror,” the film is about home invaders, shot from a first-person shooter perspective. The invaders' faces have been replaced with actar babies

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

HARMONY KORINE's new film, titled BABY INVASION, is being tipped to premiere at Cannes in May

Described as a “horror,” the film is about home invaders, shot from a first-person shooter perspective. The invaders' faces have been replaced with babies

*removing my glasses to squeeze the bridge of my nose* yeah, okay. I get it. thanks harmony korine

kalel fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 21, 2024

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I haven’t even seen Aggro Drift and he’s already talking about his next movie.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Babies have been getting a free pass in media for far to long, and I approve of a film finally showing it how it really is.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Jose Oquendo posted:

HARMONY KORINE's new film, titled BABY INVASION, is being tipped to premiere at Cannes in May

Described as a “horror,” the film is about home invaders, shot from a first-person shooter perspective. The invaders' faces have been replaced with babies

I feel like this should evoke something in me and yet I feel nothing

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

This is like a parody trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6yDanmWI1E

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://youtu.be/e6yDanmWI1E?si=7Q_nQenQKBerarYI

Sigh.

Siiiiiigh

Edit: just a reminder they threw a fully complete Coyote vs Acme in the trash and are spending money on…this

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Jose Oquendo posted:

hard to be EDGY AS FUKK when you're paling around with a real life supervillain

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Ah a bad version of the Banana Boat song. Who could have seen that coming.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i loved the last wotw ep and i dont care who knows it!!!!!!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
actually laughed out loud when the song started

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jose Oquendo posted:

Ah a bad version of the Banana Boat song. Who could have seen that coming.

Cutting a trailer for your comedy sequel with the cliche somber cover of song played entirely straight is beyond me.

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022

Kingo Ligma posted:

I watched the first two episodes of Netflix's 3 body problem and what the gently caress it's really good so far? Benedict Wong and super hot lady ( like approaching peak Jay) definitely help. I don't know how they'll ever make the anime ninja big titty robot less embarassing if they get to it, but it already feels much less 4 Chan engineering student overall.

Between this and GOT maybe Benioff and Weiss are just genuinely really good at toning down if not removing author's Incel tendencies?

I saw a thumbnail for the review of this which said "Benioff and Weiss pull it off again" 3 stars.

It was next to a thumbnail for the review of Twisted Metal. Also 3 stars.

I won't be watching either.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

gently caress me that looks awful.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Judging it against other x jakk it is a show episodes, at least it was short and to the point

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

LOL

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER

billymumphrey posted:

I saw a thumbnail for the review of this which said "Benioff and Weiss pull it off again" 3 stars.

It was next to a thumbnail for the review of Twisted Metal. Also 3 stars.

I won't be watching either.

Hello fellow guardian reader. I thought "they've done it again, 3 stars" was going to be a sick burn about their mediocrity but no the review is basically "another good adaption! 3/5" which is a very Guardian thing to do.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Ruined a good book again. 3/5

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Very uninformative trailer, but getting Catherine Ohara is something. She was great in the first one.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Endless Trash posted:

Beetlejuice² trailer will have a synthwave cover of Day-O with ethereal female vocals or I’m out

Close enough

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

A lot of people seem to confuse michael keaton with star of stage and screen xavier jakkerston. And I guess there is some resemblance there

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Michael Keaton is 72.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
birdman came out in 2014

and here we are lol

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

khwarezm posted:

Michael Keaton is 72.

But don’t worry “The Juice is loose!” is only a 50 year old reference

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
One of the nice things about Dune is that it has an entire 5 people in major roles under the age of 30. It feels weird to say this but seriously, Hollywood has gotten so loving old now.

E; oh shoot I'm not even right about Dune lol, I thought Austin Butler was like 25 but he's actually 32. Also Anya Taylor-Joy is in the movie for like 30 seconds so I probably shouldn't even count her.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 22, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1770926867949777088?t=UOzatl14xL3Pb0QG3ya0Eg&s=19

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
new hollywood was able to topple the decrepit old hollywood of the 1960s because a film reel projected on a screen at a movie theater was still the primary distribution medium. muuuuch narrower bottleneck. thats why i dont believe we are likely to experience a similar reckoning in the entertainment industry. those quality films still exist and are being released in similar absolute numbers to the old days when there were just far fewer movies but are totally drowned out with the deluge of poo poo that expands to fill a nigh infinite information bandwidth

gently caress you its forever

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Bleakest career arc of any director not named Griffith or Riefenstahl tbh

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
cool they for Catherine O Hara back but were Winona and Jeffrey Jones unavailable?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RealityWarCriminal posted:

cool they for Catherine O Hara back but were Winona and Jeffrey Jones unavailable?

Winona is all over the trailer, and Jeffrey Jones is a pedo who I hope no longer gets work

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
alright fine. but where's Alec Baldwin?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

when Beetlejuice came on the screen I clapped because I know beetlejuice

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RealityWarCriminal posted:

alright fine. but where's Alec Baldwin?

He shot a man in Reno just to watch him die, so probably also not getting many calls these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

dreezy posted:

new hollywood was able to topple the decrepit old hollywood of the 1960s because a film reel projected on a screen at a movie theater was still the primary distribution medium. muuuuch narrower bottleneck. thats why i dont believe we are likely to experience a similar reckoning in the entertainment industry. those quality films still exist and are being released in similar absolute numbers to the old days when there were just far fewer movies but are totally drowned out with the deluge of poo poo that expands to fill a nigh infinite information bandwidth

gently caress you its forever

I went to a social media marketing course for creative professionals (lmao) as part of the new arts funding requirement stuff here.

The course was literally just how to be a digital industrial pollutant. Throw a prompt in gpt to get a week's worth of posts, throw the posts in Canva to put a stock image behind them and auto format them for different platforms, cue up the posts in Meta to automatically post them. The examples of "good posts because of all the engagement" were a bank offering a new service and an airline offering a sale. There were racist conspiracy theory comments visible in the screenshots of both posts.

Just asking people who want to make something interesting to firehose the bleakest most artless, valueless, and personality devoid poo poo into everyone's devices 24/7.

Anyway, not sure why your post about the endless trash tsunami reminded me of that but here we are.