Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

alright fine. but where's Alec Baldwin?

Username/post etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Good for a teaser, interested in seeing more.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Alec Baldwin will get his redemption arc in The Expan6ables.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

kalel posted:

*removing my glasses to squeeze the bridge of my nose* yeah, okay. I get it. thanks harmony korine

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
hope he goes hawaiian in this one

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

kdrudy posted:

This is a troll free zone.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you may discuss Troll 2 though

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

cool they for Catherine O Hara back but were Winona and Jeffrey Jones unavailable?

I think the funeral in the trailer is his characters’

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I think the funeral in the trailer is his directors’

Cubone
May 26, 2011

it must suck to be a fictional character and the actor who played you does something wrong so you're now allowed to be inthe movie anymore. if I were a fictional character and that happened to me I'd be so mad

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I found out today that David Hayter has a writing credit in the first x-men movie back in 2000. :wtf:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

kdrudy posted:

Groovelord Neato posted:

This is a troll free zone.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Keatons appearance will be much more immersive this time, as he actually appears to be dead now, just like Betjuice.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
rewatching birdman. suggest yall do the same

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Have any of these “resurrect old beloved franchise” movies actually done well? All 3 ghostbusters reboots have sucked rear end. Matrix 4 was bad. Star Wars etc.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
riggan is the studio system

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

dreezy posted:

rewatching birdman. suggest yall do the same

my problem with it is I don't think iñárritu was being ironic. it feels like we're actually supposed to care about this tortured artist and his white boy problems

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Frank Frank posted:

Have any of these “resurrect old beloved franchise” movies actually done well? All 3 ghostbusters reboots have sucked rear end. Matrix 4 was bad. Star Wars etc.

not quite beloved but I think the closest is how they managed to resurrect planet of the apes. the new series is up to movie number 4

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I liked the birdman Time Square scene, didn't like the Emma stone "gimme an oscar" speech.

Didn't care about the ending.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Stink Billyums posted:

not quite beloved but I think the closest is how they managed to resurrect planet of the apes. the new series is up to movie number 4

True. That trilogy was pretty solid

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Frank Frank posted:

In fairness, yes, like we are quick to forget things like Fury Road and Top Gun: Maverick.

Hell, Matrix 4 is already in the realm of a cult classic and I firmly think that Blade Runner 2049 is better than the first.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

khwarezm posted:

In fairness, yes, like we are quick to forget things like Fury Road and Top Gun: Maverick.

Hell, Matrix 4 is already in the realm of a cult classic and I firmly think that Blade Runner 2049 is better than the first.

These are all valid except I didn’t really dig Matrix 4 all that much. Agree 100% on Bladerunner 2049 though.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

kalel posted:

my problem with it is I don't think iñárritu was being ironic. it feels like we're actually supposed to care about this tortured artist and his white boy problems

like i give a poo poo about intention. to me its an ensemble and each character has that playlike quality of being distinct parts of a whole message, where the audience can see parts of themselves in parts of all the characters. even ed norton which is an impressive feat

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

ProperCauldron posted:

hard to be EDGY AS FUKK when you're paling around with a real life supervillain

Harmony Korine hanging out with the Trump family makes a lot of sense to me. He gives off a real Ariel Pink kind of naughty dumb gently caress vibe.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

dreezy posted:

like i give a poo poo about intention. to me its an ensemble and each character has that playlike quality of being distinct parts of a whole message, where the audience can see parts of themselves in parts of all the characters. even ed norton which is an impressive feat

that's a fair interpretation and I respect it. I'm not a death of the author guy personally, just not wired for it

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

welcome back to the thread, xjakk :patriot:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Matrix 4 becoming a cult classic sounds really exhausting and tedious. So yeah it probably will.

I guess I just feel like, there's not really anything to say about it that wasn't said at the time, and even that wasn't much

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It’s not anywhere near a cult classic. It never will be. It’s loving terrible.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
when i saw bible baby was a ventriloquist, I knew, this had to be a real person with a media footprint. and she delivered

https://chaplainjillbryan.org
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTrdIQri3wc

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

kalel posted:

that's a fair interpretation and I respect it. I'm not a death of the author guy personally, just not wired for it

i also just love good acting and writing that gets me to empathize with fictional people, good or bad. not to cast judgement but to understand the perspectives of others. theres probably some great picard speech about that aspect of theater/performance but alas i am but a casual and cannot reference it with the immaculate recall abilities of mike stoklasa. social media metadiscourse tends to condense identifying with a character to being guilty of the same character faults that cause them to be less than perfect. the way kids talk about movies and shows is weird man

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

alright fine. but where's Alec Baldwin?

Alec Baldwin isn’t in the movie but the ghost of the dude he shot is.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Jose Oquendo posted:

It’s not anywhere near a cult classic. It never will be. It’s loving terrible.

I've come across people who absolutely love the movie to death (along with the other 2 movies that broadly aren't good imo but people are still into them).

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
plus i also can process all depiction as condemnation rather than endorsement as my personal cope

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
at some point cult classic just became any bad movie that some people kind of like

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Sunk Dunk posted:

at some point cult classic just became any bad movie that some people kind of like

Poor spacecop, exactly half way to cult classic status.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Space Cop is definitely a movie I watched. Pretty sure I even paid to watch it.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i still havent seen any of rlm's feature films

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sunk Dunk posted:

Thats what it always was. Rocky Horror sucks and its fans are somehow even worse.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
ive got a shitload of feature films at the touch of a button and now i intend to watch one of them. rlm thread, influence me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Thats what it always was. Rocky Horror sucks and its fans are somehow even worse.

Rocky Horror whips rear end precisely up to the point where Meatloaf's song ends, and you can just turn the movie off right then.

Don't go to a midnight showing in a theater those people are annoying af