Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'm probably going to do Warrior Main (maybe swap to Mystic Spearhand eventually) and a Mage/Sorc pawn. And then I'll pick up an archer pawn and idk what for the final slot.

I want to swing bigh weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How do you make garfield

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

I'm probably going to do Warrior Main (maybe swap to Mystic Spearhand eventually) and a Mage/Sorc pawn. And then I'll pick up an archer pawn and idk what for the final slot.

I want to swing bigh weapons.

Warrior main here, Archer pawn, and I guess I'l need a support Mage or something.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

its game on

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Alright the download is done, let's goooo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Urghh god drat this key shop I curse them, I curse them and their entire bloodline until time itself ends

Internet Explorer posted:

i keep installing and then uninstalling the character creator to keep my internet warmed up

drat bro thats next level

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Khanstant posted:

How do you make garfield

Turn off your monitor

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Okay, first boss is character creation with new options. I want to make Gruntilda, or a goblin and my pawn will be garfield

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Shyrka posted:

wtf is this gacha poo poo?

How hard is it gonna be to earn rift crystals in game if they're charging real life money for them?

It's a single player game. Can't you just use CheatEngine to zap yourself as many DogmaDollars as you want?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Propaganda Hour posted:

Turn off your monitor

gently caress

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

It's a single player game. Can't you just use CheatEngine to zap yourself as many DogmaDollars as you want?

Yes, hell even WeMod these days if you're too lazy to dig around fearlessrevolution

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

GreatGreen posted:

Yes also none of that stuff is hard to get in game. Its just a weird Capcom thing recently where they get uniformed people to spend an extra 20 bucks for no reason.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Compiling shaders and it's taking five hours

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Pawn is probably going to be a mage like he was in the first game, if the mage support skills are as good or even better he’s going to be invaluable.

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014
The wind needs to come push this "compiling shaders" bar harder

Play
Apr 25, 2006

yess I got it.

then realized its gonna take like an hour to install. Wish I could perfect my characters but I think that shuts down the downloads right?

Thumbtacks posted:

Pawn is probably going to be a mage like he was in the first game, if the mage support skills are as good or even better he’s going to be invaluable.

Yeah I got a big fluffy old tiger boy mage

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
The first week of Elden ring when no one knew what the hell was happening and it was full of exploration was a wonderful time and I am determined to have that again, I am not going to watch any footage or read anything now so I can experience it in peace

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao at refreshing during the install and seeing 20 currency items in the DLC shop

additional lol at Horizon: Zero Dawn doing another release at the same time as something else that's been building hype for months. What is this, 4 times now

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Play posted:

yess I got it.

then realized its gonna take like an hour to install. Wish I could perfect my characters but I think that shuts down the downloads right?

Yeah I got a big fluffy old tiger boy mage

You can configure games in steam to allow downloads while playing. The character creator will probably run like poo poo and the download might be slow, though, I guess I'm not sure.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you can just tab out and resume the download

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The game launched in 720p for some reason. I get a VRAM warning when I try to change it. I will not be deterred

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

You can configure games in steam to allow downloads while playing. The character creator will probably run like poo poo and the download might be slow, though, I guess I'm not sure.

I just ran it while downloading and it went just as fast and the creator ran fine.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Shyrka posted:

How hard is it gonna be to earn rift crystals in game if they're charging real life money for them?

lol they meant it when they said it was like the first game

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmfao not only can you only have one character (which is fine whatever) but there isn't actually a way to start a new game from in-game. You have to go into your cloud saves and delete them manually.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shyrka posted:

It isn't hard at all. All of that stuff is cheat DLC that it'd be dumb to spend money on. Capcom does that with all their games lately for some reason and it's always a huge waste of time.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Someone in my last PC playthrough of DD summoned my pawn and somehow I ended up getting like 14 million RC as a reward and never needed to care about RC on that playthrough again. No idea how that even happened.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Shyrka posted:

Also someone should let you know that this isn't what gacha means

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

It isn't hard at all. All of that stuff is cheat DLC that it'd be dumb to spend money on. Capcom does that with all their games lately for some reason and it's always a huge waste of time.

yeah my only concerns would be if they make it a pain in the rear end to get a full-character re-customization items like in MonHun, or if the portcrystals are super limited like they were pre-dark-arisen

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The endhadening is complete

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Babe Magnet posted:

lmfao not only can you only have one character (which is fine whatever) but there isn't actually a way to start a new game from in-game. You have to go into your cloud saves and delete them manually.

On consoles it should be easy enough to make a new throwaway profile for new saves, but it's obnoxious on PC. I bet somebody makes a savegame manager pretty soon though, like they did for Elden Ring.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Can you start as a Warrior in this one? I think you can only do Fighter, Thief, Archer and Mage to start and the other ones become available at a certain level.

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah my only concerns would be if they make it a pain in the rear end to get a full-character re-customization items like in MonHun, or if the portcrystals are super limited like they were pre-dark-arisen

I don't think there are any full character re-customization except for hairstyles but I could be wrong.

Portcrystals are insanely rare, you will probably only get a few in a playthrough. I assume you're talking about ferrystones though. Those are insanely rare too.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
All hail me, the sovran

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

gently caress this random prisoner looks really similar to my pawn (no it's not her), people are going to think I'm unoriginal

e: if it actually is her despite having a different name I look like a fool, it's a no-win situation

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh no

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

rushed through the opening cutscenes to get a feel for the performance, and it runs well enough for me.

so uh, quick question: how do I delete this save file? lol

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

GreatGreen posted:

That's definitely my plan instead of paying $3 for a port crystal.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Vitamean posted:

rushed through the opening cutscenes to get a feel for the performance, and it runs well enough for me.

so uh, quick question: how do I delete this save file? lol

you don't!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

They've already said ought and aught 30 times and I'm still in the turorial, GOTY

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Yeah my PC doesn't seem to run this very well so I'll probably refund it and buy on ps5. You don't need ps+ for the pawn stuff right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

INTO FREEEEEE