Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

deep dish peat moss posted:

Just undo the exo rocket changes, the new exo sucks and it was easy to work around its previous problem :qq:

Or just make it a toggle like safe/unsafe railgun

yeah it sucks now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

novaSphere posted:

The Dominator is misleading; while it is classified under 'Explosive' in the list, it does not actually possess the Explosive tag like the Scorcher and Lib-Conc do. It doesn't actually deal explosive damage, it just shoots big bullets that hit kinda hard. I strongly disagree on calling it a 'much worse Slugger' though because the Dominator has triple the fire rate and can actually deal with crowds. Both guns are good.

It's an 'Explosive' type weapon because the ammo is literally tiny rockets; each shot is a rocket propelled slug projectile.

I personally love the gun for bug missions, especially if I'm not bringing the Arc Thrower. It's able to punch through all the armor on brood guards/commanders/spewers and while it handles like a truck, since I usually bring the extra grenade armor for bug missions it also gets a big recoil reduction if you take a knee.

You can also take out spore spewers from a mile away with half a magazine

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

hold down the strat button and input the self-destruct code to make it auto walk forward for 5 seconds before exploding and itd be perfect

Weak.

Punch that poo poo in and run like hell is the aesthetic I'm looking for. Accept no substitutes.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

BitAstronaut posted:

So I, like an idiot, purchased a Razorblade 15 with a 2060 mobile in it off a friend last month - not knowing much about computers. Is there any chance I can play this game or am I screwed?

Turn down your settings it'll run

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It's an 'Explosive' type weapon because the ammo is literally tiny rockets; each shot is a rocket propelled slug projectile.

I personally love the gun for bug missions, especially if I'm not bringing the Arc Thrower. It's able to punch through all the armor on brood guards/commanders/spewers and while it handles like a truck, since I usually bring the extra grenade armor for bug missions it also gets a big recoil reduction if you take a knee.

You can also take out spore spewers from a mile away with half a magazine

Right; it's classified as an Explosive weapon but does not actually deal Explosive damage, meaning it does not deal bonus damage against big weakpoints nor can it even deal damage to Shrieker nests. Also about the latter; Grenade Launchers do not seem to make a dent in them. I emptied my entire GL ammo reserve and it did nothing.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

novaSphere posted:

... Shrieker nests. Also about the latter; Grenade Launchers do not seem to make a dent in them. I emptied my entire GL ammo reserve and it did nothing.

It does give the impression the Devs may have been mad about people saying "Oh cool, we can just shoot spore towers with whatever!" to make the new nests double EAT resistant, and then have multiple per nest.

I have not bothered even trying impact grenades, but with multi rocket resistance I wonder if even a full engineer suit 6 pack would be enough.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I have a helldivers consipiracy theory that the automatons are behind all the in game crashes.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Section Z posted:

It does give the impression the Devs may have been mad about people saying "Oh cool, we can just shoot spore towers with whatever!" to make the new nests double EAT resistant, and then have multiple per nest.

I have not bothered even trying impact grenades, but with multi rocket resistance I wonder if even a full engineer suit 6 pack would be enough.

I dunno, I imagine the devs just wanted to make sure the nests weren't trivial to take out like spore spewers and radio towers are. Shrieker nests are already very easy to spot and target from a distance and would barely register as a threat if they were equally easy to destroy.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Dandywalken posted:

Would rule if Autocannon mech got the large caliber autocannons like the turret has.

It does, it can mince chargers.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

BitAstronaut posted:

So I, like an idiot, purchased a Razorblade 15 with a 2060 mobile in it off a friend last month - not knowing much about computers. Is there any chance I can play this game or am I screwed?

I'm running it on a four year old Asus Zephyrus G14 with the Ryzen 9 and similar GPU at 1080 ultrawide and it runs pretty well. I've got a pretty substantial laptop cooler/fan under it, but no complaints on medium settings. CPU runs quite a bit hotter than the GPU.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I managed to screw up blocking a charger with my gun side, and it blew the gun and like 800+ ammo off my mech :qq:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Sure, but that's just flavor. Meanwhile it both has no AoE and also doesn't do explosive type damage, so it doesn't kill massive weakpoints faster like the scorcher does.
It's unintuitive to say the least.

I do think the gun is better than many think it is-bad handling and subpar ammo econ, but seems to have (at least roughly?) the same pen as the slugger, just a little less damage, and slightly over 3x the rate of fire.
Which makes it a good all rounder if you aren't getting stuff up on your face that makes you feel the bad ammo econ. Penetrating bile spitter faces with a much better rate of fire than slugger in particular is nice.
But that's tangential to how being in the explosive category is misleading. It ought to be in like... a "gyrojets" or to be more broad "experimental ballistics" or something category.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

LazyMaybe posted:

seems to have (at least roughly?) the same pen as the slugger

The Dom has slightly less penetration than the Slugger because the latter can destroy fences and caches while the Dominator can't. Both are excellent weapons IMO and enjoyers of either can come together in agreement that they're better DMRs than any of the existing DMRs. The Dominator just needs to have its categorization changed to not be misleading (a Jet Assisted or Gyrojet category would be nice, as you say) and maybe a beefier firing sound instead of the hollow one it has now.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

novaSphere posted:

I dunno, I imagine the devs just wanted to make sure the nests weren't trivial to take out like spore spewers and radio towers are. Shrieker nests are already very easy to spot and target from a distance and would barely register as a threat if they were equally easy to destroy.

It's almost always best to simply spot them from range and take a breather while you call in whatever you need to wipe them from 300m away. The threat they pose currently is very high

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

Dandywalken posted:

Would rule if Autocannon mech got the large caliber autocannons like the turret has.

In HD1 the autocannon exo had quad normal autocannons.

…the other one had a huge anti-tank autocannon and a flamethrower. I pray to Super God each day for its return.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

i'm so sick of hunters!!!!!! bring back the chargers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Booty Scope posted:

I had issues with my social list disappearing, too. After some time I figured out it was tied to privacy & visibility settings of my steam profile and my steam friendslist. If they're set to "public" then the Helldivers 2 social list is able to reflect my steam friends list, whereas having them set to "friends only" or "private" prevents the social list from retrieving your steam friends data.

If this isn't your problem then I dunno, if this is your problem then hooray.

This fixes it. Although having a public friend list is not optimal.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Did some testing of the AMR's sight earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Q37BTA9Qs

It's definitely not hitting in the center of of reticule at the zeroed distance(or anywhere closer), though using the upper left corner of the square doesn't seem to be a perfect fix.
The first of the shots aimed using the latter method was quite a bit too far to the right, but the others were only slightly right of target. I think the ideal point a target should be is like... slightly to the right of that upper left corner, rather than squarely on it.

There's obviously some amount of random deviation, though, so it's hard to say for sure.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

It's almost always best to simply spot them from range and take a breather while you call in whatever you need to wipe them from 300m away. The threat they pose currently is very high
This is also how I learned that from far enough away EATs actually have some drop on their trajectory.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

JonBolds posted:

In HD1 the autocannon exo had quad normal autocannons.

…the other one had a huge anti-tank autocannon and a flamethrower. I pray to Super God each day for its return.

I too pray for the Lumberer's return. It will never leave my anti-bug loadout.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Ravenfood posted:

This is also how I learned that from far enough away EATs actually have some drop on their trajectory.

So do Recoilless Rifle charges, but their trajectory is flatter (and I think faster?)

LazyMaybe posted:

Did some testing of the AMR's sight earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Q37BTA9Qs

It's definitely not hitting in the center of of reticule at the zeroed distance(or anywhere closer), though using the upper left corner of the square doesn't seem to be a perfect fix.
The first of the shots aimed using the latter method was quite a bit too far to the right, but the others were only slightly right of target. I think the ideal point a target should be is like... slightly to the right of that upper left corner, rather than squarely on it.

There's obviously some amount of random deviation, though, so it's hard to say for sure.

Oh wait I thought I recognized your name! I've been a big fan of your DRG systems crunching in the past so I'm excited to see you here too :D I wanna like the AMR but that sight really needs to get fixed.

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 21, 2024

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

ijyt posted:

i'm so sick of hunters!!!!!! bring back the chargers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just played a match on the bug planet that's closing in on the planet we've yet to liberate for the current order and it was just all chargers and bile titans all the time. Five or six chargers per bug breach, bare minimum three titans per breach. This was definitely exaggerated by the two pubbies being incapable of running from breaches but we all had the free 500k and orbital railcannons, two had EATs, one had a mech, and it was no where near enough. Running was not enough because there were multiple titans just hanging out in the middle and all corners of the map.

... the combination of longer cooldown times and longer calldown times may or may not have contributed to this problem.

Want way more chargers and titans than hunters? The new Not Hellmire might be for you!

I'd join the chorus in highly recommending against the combo of those modifier conditions though.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
It's interesting having all these leaks and not knowing when you'll see any of this stuff, especially with the way they seem to test stuff out in public games. The whole galactic war thing works really well to keep the game interesting, everything feels connected instead of a whole bunch of separate groups of players that have no influence on anything larger. It's a great way to tease stuff in game and make new content fit in seamlessly. I wonder if more live service games will try something similar in the future.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Risky Bisquick posted:

Remember your ABCs people, Always Bring CEATs uh Always BCalldown CEATs. Dont forget to shoot the drop pod cans so they appear on the minimap

Always Be Calling Down EATs.

I started running these and I'm a true believer now. One minute cooldown. No need to worry about "getting your stuff." An elegant weapon for inelegant times.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Reiley posted:

I started running these and I'm a true believer now. One minute cooldown. No need to worry about "getting your stuff." An elegant weapon for inelegant times.
gonna become a slugger/JAR + EAT guy for killing both bile spewers with headshots and chargers with explosives

novaSphere posted:

Oh wait I thought I recognized your name! I've been a big fan of your DRG systems crunching in the past so I'm excited to see you here too :D I wanna like the AMR but that sight really needs to get fixed.
ty haha

I want this game's systems to get more figured out before I do any kind of deep dive into it, right now a lot of stuff is both ambiguous and buggy.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hellmire's kind of horrible! But also super pretty:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

This entire game is very pretty, which makes the crashes/disconnects/whatever the gently caress all the more painful

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dyz posted:

So was the bot ATAT from a while back an actual thing or just bs?

Because I can believe both honestly.

it's pretty high up there on the actual thing list. it probably falls somewhere between unrealeased strategems with finished preview videos and the autonmaton spaceship boss.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

It's interesting having all these leaks and not knowing when you'll see any of this stuff, especially with the way they seem to test stuff out in public games. The whole galactic war thing works really well to keep the game interesting, everything feels connected instead of a whole bunch of separate groups of players that have no influence on anything larger. It's a great way to tease stuff in game and make new content fit in seamlessly. I wonder if more live service games will try something similar in the future.

The Matrix MMO had people running NPCs in monthly storylines. I always wondered why WoW or SWG never found the 1% poopsockers and gave them controls to run events. This is the next best thing.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
big fan of that new planet Oshaune when you can actually see any of it

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Relentlessboredomm posted:

big fan of that new planet Oshaune when you can actually see any of it

its just bug Draupnir i'm disappointed

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
So I've now identified every biome from their planet model, and what I can tell there are only 2 we haven't seen before. Zagon Prime is the same as Drugen, which was a very early bot planet, so that biome has been playable before. The 2 we haven't seen are that Nivel planet between Hellmire and Zagon, and an acid green looking planet model we haven't been on yet.

That makes 16 different planet models and biomes total in the current galactic map, 2 we haven't played on yet. However, looking at the leaked planet banners, there are about 30 more in addition to this that we haven't seen. I'm not sure how they're gonna introduce these, I have a feeling the planet models are gonna change around at some point. Some of these unseen biomes look awesome.

Don't ask me why I tried to figure all this out, I'm a sucker for environments in games.

Edit: to add to this, biomes come under various planet Types. They used to show the planet type of the last planet visited under the ship log screen, but they seem to have taken that out. For example, all 4 jungle biomes seem to come under the Primordial type, Draupnir, Crimsica and Angel's Venture were the Moor type, Fenrir and Errata Prime were the Sandy type, and Vandalon was Arctic. I think the types govern basic terrain generation rules, and it looks like we've only seen about 4 or 5 types at the moment.

A bunch of the other type names were leaked, my speculation is that they're still testing all the other types which those other 30 biomes come under, and will introduce them later.

Your Brain on Hugs fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 22, 2024

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Exosuits still kill themselves with rockets sometimes :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

omg nooooooooo

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hope they identify the bug that makes the Arc Shotgun trash!!!

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

novaSphere posted:

Exosuits still kill themselves with rockets sometimes :(

I think you're right. Their fix was a bit too stupidly simplistic. Somethings still more wrong with it than just putting rockets into the ground.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dandywalken posted:

Hope they identify the bug that makes the Arc Shotgun trash!!!

It's fun for some things but def not all-purpose. For medium size armored bugs it can pop their head in one shot which is fun.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
As they release more weapons, loadouts will get a lot more flexible. If you have options for primary, secondary and support that can all take on each of the major roles you need them to, you can mix and match much better. Right now I can't see giving up the slugger as primary.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I would like to extend a second big thancc to the mod team for arduously slogging out this trend setting gang tag, it is divine.

Feel free to quote this if you're down:

CHEERS 2 DA MODS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Waffle House posted:

Feel free to quote this if you're down:

CHEERS 2 DA MODS

quoting to hasten the mod queue for my tag :blastu: