Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's running OK on my PC, not getting more than 60 FPS though (it shouldn't be capped Ivchecked the settings)

e: ok it does get up to 70 sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

i preordered for this for ps5 months ago and just got a notification that it's showing up tomorrow.

not super thrilled about what looks like living in the ~30FPS zone, apparently, but:

Phlegmish posted:

They've already said ought and aught 30 times and I'm still in the turorial, GOTY

this does make it significantly better.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

love an intro credits sequence

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

i was gonna wait for more performance feedback, but went ahead and picked it up; downloading and crossing fingers that a 4090/7950x3d doesnt play lovely

it shouldnt but who knows

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

It's a single player game. Can't you just use CheatEngine to zap yourself as many DogmaDollars as you want?

Yeah, it’ll probably need a custom .dll to trick the anti-cheat and circumvent it, but otherwise yeah this should be doable.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Godspeed PC gamers, I'll be flying into free on PS5 in a few hours. Time enough to tweak my arisen a bit more.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I'm glad our good friend Rook is back. This intro is even more insane than in game 1 lmao.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm outdoors now, and it's actually a bit better for some reason, 60-70 FPS. Default settings except image quality maxed out, on an RTX 3070/i5-12600k.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Thundarr posted:

Godspeed PC gamers, I'll be flying into free on PS5 in a few hours. Time enough to tweak my arisen a bit more.

And once you're done with that you can kill time by editing your character in the character creator

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Release this on geforceNOW, NOW!!!!!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I wonder if what happens to Rook is a subtle reference to how players dismiss him in DD1

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
This game did not just start with a quote from someone named Honore de Balzac.

Who is apparently a real person.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wow what the hell I'm gonna kill the jerks for killing my ride

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Phlegmish posted:

I'm outdoors now, and it's actually a bit better for some reason, 60-70 FPS. Default settings except image quality maxed out, on an RTX 3070/i5-12600k.

bold move, let's just keep an eye out for rain as it could really damage your pc

Shyrka posted:

This game did not just start with a quote from someone named Honore de Balzac.

Who is apparently a real person.

Learned about that dude in high school you philistine.

Don't remember WHAT I learned about him but I think hes french

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

One day I'll play a game with built in HDR that plays nice with windows

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
i5 8600k gang rise up

(i've got 2 1/2 hours left on my download)

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Make sure you turn the Image Quality slider up. It defaults to 50% and looks kind of grimy

also here's my pawn ID :)
OVAKDJ0VB1L4

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Google Butt posted:

Release this on geforceNOW, NOW!!!!!

Sorry but its only available on GeForceLATER

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Vitamean posted:

rushed through the opening cutscenes to get a feel for the performance, and it runs well enough for me.

so uh, quick question: how do I delete this save file? lol

I think someone said you have to delete your cloud save through steam or something? Don't quote e on that

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If I'm not mistaken it seems like timed quests have a little hourglass next to them in the journal, which is useful.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What's a good class for Garfield as a pawn?

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Khanstant posted:

What's a good class for Garfield as a pawn?

I'm keeping my cat guy pawn as mage so they're valuable all game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Mage is what I was leaning towards bc I'm a thief and not very careful, or a tank because I'm a thief and not very careful.

Lore wise I think Garfield has been a superhero, Dracula, and space ranger?

Edit: went mage because Garfield's power is psychic in nature

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 22, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol cash shop for a single player only game. DD2 is amazing otherwise.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The best part is most of that poo poo you can buy for like 3k gold in multiple shops Ive been to so far lmao

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

like 75% of my friends list on Playstation is made up of goons from Dragons Dogma on PS3 and PS4.

Are we gonna do a list again with PSN ID/Whatever Xbox has so we can add each other for pawns? I think we had like a google doc previously.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Holy poo poo, after a fight I walked up to one of my pawns and gave them five. 11/10 game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is it normal to not have a pawn I'd in the pawn ID box?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Malaria posted:

like 75% of my friends list on Playstation is made up of goons from Dragons Dogma on PS3 and PS4.

Are we gonna do a list again with PSN ID/Whatever Xbox has so we can add each other for pawns? I think we had like a google doc previously.

Yes please share your info and whatevers I reserved second post on the first page for it.

e: I love people being amazed about the pawns high fiving because that has been a thing since like the first gameplay trailer.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
#4 boyos

Play
Apr 25, 2006

God dammit so close.... ten minutes left

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Game's definitely a bit choppy on my 3060/i7 8700 system but nothing unplayable with FSR 3. Gets really rough in the capital though, woof.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I LOVE COMPILING SHADERS IM NOT MAD OR UPSET AT ALL THIS IS FINE

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ive fought a medusa and rode a griffin. The game just started

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I can't play until tomorrow afternoon unfortunately.

I do have one small concern about the questing. So they aren't super hand-holdy with markers and stuff, and you go and just figure it out. I'm good with that, however, I work a lot of hours which means my brain is mush, especially my short term memory. Does the game at least have a quest log that at least helps you remember what quests and stuff you are on so you can at least keep track of what you are supposed to be doing? Otherwise I'm going to just forget the details, where I got it, probably even whole rear end quests for sure.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
How do you delete your save on PC? Baffling that this isn't possible inside the game.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Lmao hell yeah boys they're doing idiotic RE4 style microtransactions but even more aggressive this time. God Capcom is worthless.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I have a place your shaders can compile. INSIDE MY rear end in a top hat!!!!

Mustang posted:

How do you delete your save on PC? Baffling that this isn't possible inside the game.

https://www.godisageek.com/2024/03/...%20to%20delete.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Captain Oblivious posted:

Lmao hell yeah boys they're doing idiotic RE4 style microtransactions but even more aggressive this time. God Capcom is worthless.

I'm willing to tolerate it because it hasn't compromised the quality of their games. It's just nuisance poo poo to be ignored, they're not forcing you to grind unless you pay up or shoving popups in your face. Or one of my favorite examples, the NPC that showed up in Dragon Age Origins at your camp who stood around and said boy I sure do need help, and then directed you to the DLC page to buy the DLC

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol at the review score on Steam. Game is still a 10/10, but there are some things that Capcom needs to get their poo poo together on.