Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I have a copy of Liber Malorum, which can either be The Book Of All Evil or The Children Of The Apple, depending on how you want to read it.

e: 85°C Bakery Cafe sells bubble tea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Song of Solomon 2:3 ESV
As an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the young men.
With great delight I sat in his shadow, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OwlFancier posted:

Apples are in hezbollah got it.

Probably from that racist tree

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Song of Solomon 2:3 ESV
As an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the young men.
With great delight I sat in his shadow, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.

Hell yeah the sexy part of the Bible

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It is kind of funny how hos initial pitch for the site was 'I will get rid of the bots' and now the website is entirely fuelling The Robot He Wants To Be Racist.

A supermajority of his followers on Twitter are bots, so surprise surprise once he realised that, the bot problem mysteriously disappeared (from his complaints).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Everyone loves talking about apples. Apples, the quintessential fruit of temperate regions, embody a delightful blend of crispness, juiciness, and sweetness. With a myriad of varieties ranging from the tart Granny Smith to the honeyed Gala, apples cater to a multitude of palates and culinary preferences. Beyond their gastronomic allure, these fruits boast a rich cultural significance, often symbolizing health, vitality, and temptation. Whether enjoyed fresh, baked into pies, pressed into cider, or sliced atop salads, apples seamlessly integrate into diverse culinary creations. Their versatility extends beyond the kitchen, as they serve as subjects in art, protagonists in folklore, and even catalysts for scientific inquiry. From their crunchy texture to their vibrant hues, apples captivate the senses and remain an enduring emblem of nature's bounty.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

Chubby Henparty posted:

Been hassling Lenovo today, they make lovely laptops that will spontaneously bust out of their bezels and shatter the screen 6 months out of warranty. There's a bunch of angry amazon reviews issued at exactly the same time with exactly the same issue. Asked 'I am explicitly aware that this is out of warranty but since you' ve clearly issued a defective product how about doing something about it?' ' hmm we've checked and it appears you're out of warranty? sorry'.

This ancient Guardian article might be a good jumping off point.
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2006/mar/25/consumernews.howtocomplain

Your rights extend for up to six years after purchase, depending on whether the cost and type of product brings a reasonable expectation of durability.
I once spent a few months battling NEFF over a knackered dishwasher. They asked me to get an Engineer to write a report on it, so I got the local appliance repairer service to send me an email saying it was hosed. NEFF paid for a replacement and the repairer's report costs.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Endjinneer posted:

This ancient Guardian article might be a good jumping off point.
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2006/mar/25/consumernews.howtocomplain

Your rights extend for up to six years after purchase, depending on whether the cost and type of product brings a reasonable expectation of durability.
I once spent a few months battling NEFF over a knackered dishwasher. They asked me to get an Engineer to write a report on it, so I got the local appliance repairer service to send me an email saying it was hosed. NEFF paid for a replacement and the repairer's report costs.

why would the foam dart guys have to buy you a new dishwasher? bulshit, I'm glad we got out of europe.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Rarity posted:

Everyone loves talking about apples. Apples, the quintessential fruit of temperate regions, embody a delightful blend of crispness, juiciness, and sweetness. With a myriad of varieties ranging from the tart Granny Smith to the honeyed Gala, apples cater to a multitude of palates and culinary preferences. Beyond their gastronomic allure, these fruits boast a rich cultural significance, often symbolizing health, vitality, and temptation. Whether enjoyed fresh, baked into pies, pressed into cider, or sliced atop salads, apples seamlessly integrate into diverse culinary creations. Their versatility extends beyond the kitchen, as they serve as subjects in art, protagonists in folklore, and even catalysts for scientific inquiry. From their crunchy texture to their vibrant hues, apples captivate the senses and remain an enduring emblem of nature's bounty.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

bobby i think your posting journey has finally found its way home

lol simultaneous attempts to own each other in different threads

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rarity posted:

*squinting carefully* boots with the fur? the whole club was looking at her?

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Popping in again to say thanks once more for the advice about my uncle's violin. I'm going to Manchester for three days next month to settle everything and hand-carry it home as it was indeed the cheaper option.

Now's your chance to tell me I've made a huge mistake what to do in Manchester 2nd week of April :j:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Go and see the palatial hellhole of capitalism that is the trafford center. It is genuinely amazing, it looks like a loving baroque palace but it's a mall. Nice food court too, the greek place does a fabulous grilled octopus.

They also have the people's history museum which I enjoyed a lot during my brief visit. And I think there is a branch of the imperial war museum too if you like a contrast. You can get to all of them on the tram which itself is quite fun.

I imagine Jakabite can give nightlife recommendations as I didn't get to see much of the place around work.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tesseraction posted:

*squinting carefully* boots with the fur? the whole club was looking at her?

SHE HIT THE FLOOR

NEXT THING YOU KNOW

SHE WAS GETTING LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW LOWWWWWWWWWW

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

still a banger

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Rarity posted:

SHE HIT THE FLOOR

NEXT THING YOU KNOW

SHE WAS GETTING LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW LOWWWWWWWWWW

the queen when she finally croaked:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Go see the big statue of Engels

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh yeah the engels statue is deece. There is a steak place next to it that is too posh to put a menu outside or a price list too if you want presumably decent food and a horrible surprise afterwards.

Also the asda with a built in maccas is the true sign of being in the metropole.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

greggs

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is the giant primark with the entire floor of greggs merch in manchester or is that somewhere else?

E: ah no that's brum.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

I did see the Science and Industry Museum has stuff about Stephen Hawking and video games so that sounds like a fun time.

OwlFancier posted:

Go and see the palatial hellhole of capitalism that is the trafford center. It is genuinely amazing, it looks like a loving baroque palace but it's a mall. Nice food court too, the greek place does a fabulous grilled octopus.

They also have the people's history museum which I enjoyed a lot during my brief visit. And I think there is a branch of the imperial war museum too if you like a contrast. You can get to all of them on the tram which itself is quite fun.

I imagine Jakabite can give nightlife recommendations as I didn't get to see much of the place around work.

Nah no nightlife for me, I was born an old fart and I like sleeping. I'll check out the Trafford Centre though, love me a mall and a food court. I'll look at the museums.

OwlFancier posted:

Also the asda with a built in maccas is the true sign of being in the metropole.

Mate that's just a fancier Walmart with a McDonalds, I can get that here :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Liz probs did have a good slut drop

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Just off the phone with Gibbo and he said that Her Majesty tragically passed in a slutdrop related incident.

Edit: lmfao beaten

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gonna need Ricey to confirm

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can't believe the king threw it back so hard he got rear end cancer.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If you're around the centre there's the Salford museum with a replica Victorian street in the basement, the art gallery right by the St Peters Square tram stop, Manchester Museum with a live vivarium if you like tiny frogs, and another art gallery just up the road from there.

There's also the Arndale Centre but if you're only going to mooch around one big shopping centre then it's obviously going to be the Trafford Centre.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ChickenDoodle posted:

I did see the Science and Industry Museum has stuff about Stephen Hawking and video games so that sounds like a fun time.

This museum is genuinely shite and very disappointing. I would rarely say that about a museum

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

just go out in Manchester and get drunk, dont lose the violin

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

but its a great story if you do and the hijinks and stuff and getting home to your family and presenting them with a piece of poo poo 2nd hand violin from the dodgy guy 10 miles from home

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

but it turns out to be worth 10 million! tyres screech

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Sod shopping IMO, I’m sure you’ve seen shops before. Take the opportunity to hop on a train and go see the Peak District, a genuinely beautiful part of England that looks like it’s come out of some delightful illustrated postcard

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

england's geography is just america's without the imagination or the balls

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1770947809329508780

The only time he ever speaks out is to fash :toot:

He's joined Nigel Farage in calling for Nike to reissue the kit

(Even the right wing cunts hate him too. I edited the tweet from a right wing oval office to the sky tweet about it)

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 22, 2024

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ChickenDoodle posted:

Popping in again to say thanks once more for the advice about my uncle's violin. I'm going to Manchester for three days next month to settle everything and hand-carry it home as it was indeed the cheaper option.

Now's your chance to tell me I've made a huge mistake what to do in Manchester 2nd week of April :j:

J Mascis of Dinosaur Jr fame plays Manchester on the 8th April.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

A thousand years of austerity will be looked back on by historians one day as they grimly recount how it all started.

"So there was a guy who beat his brother in a leadership election and him eating a bacon sarnie with a silly face caused the media to realise they could entirely control the narrative..."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1770947809329508780

The only time he ever speaks out is to fash :toot:

He's joined Nigel Farage in calling for Nike to reissue the kit

(Even the right wing cunts hate him too. I edited the tweet from a right wing oval office to the sky tweet about it)

Is the purple-ish cross supposed to be woke? Is it gay? Muslim? Are the colours supposed to mean anything at all? I think I'd prefer the boring red but I am also an incredibly boring person, so I can understand where Starmer is coming from.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I am, sigh, with starmer on this one, if this is the normal color of the collar

it's visually confusing with that background

(so maybe change the background)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Hot cross bun rage....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/iceland-hot-cross-buns-tick-b2516458.html

quote:

Iceland criticised for selling hot cross buns with tick instead of Christian symbol
Traditional buns will still be available but that has not stopped Reform and Tory MPs complaining of ‘namby-pamby virtual-signalling’

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

We have huge amounts of our police who have been wearing this on their uniforms:

Starmer and Farage wont be speaking out about the police's abuse of are fleg in the same way, so it's just performative bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

this reads like iceland had an hilarious april fools day jape planned but then realised easter sunday was on march 31 this year so they had to shove it out early