Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zoya posted:

GET hosed LOL

wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tea Party Crasher posted:

I still have a feeling that opop is lurking scum. I feel like usually he's more in the thick of things and getting in jabs but his performance this game is next to nothing

I post a lot as scum. It's town where I can't usually think of something to do

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Scum is easy because you just make something up, Town you actually have to like, think

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Opopanax posted:

I post a lot as scum. It's town where I can't usually think of something to do

opop doing this self-meta and

Opopanax posted:

Scum is easy because you just make something up, Town you actually have to like, think

theorycraft both suck mega rear end, real not into it. bad posts, opop! bottom tier! horrible! i pan your posts!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

opop hasn't yet done any of his classic scum-tells this game but his posts are garbage tier

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
If Zoya is on salads scum team it's a fantastic bus play

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

we know salad was captain, we should try to mindfuck our way into guessing who salad woulda picked as cap'n

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Zoya posted:

this is a scum captain post

initial vote during jokephase, then bounces to opop and then to cob before going back to salad here

Zoya posted:

:haibrower: ##vote salad

i would also vote TPC

and lands here

Zoya posted:

what if the real corncob was ladscooper all along???? really makes you think

##vote confirmed scum captain salad s. cooper

honestly? the posts in between all that? i think zoya is just straight up town, as a soul read

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I know opop didn't kill wins unless there was some busdriver fuckery but that's all I'm gonna say for now

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

everyone scrutinize the poo poo out of anarc all at the same time

squint at them

glare

let us see what our collective doomgaze reveals

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

shwinnebego posted:

opop hasn't yet done any of his classic scum-tells this game but his posts are garbage tier

Yeah

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

opop's bad posting is NAI, hth

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Monathin posted:

Sell me on the connection between Moritz and shwinn. Curious to hear your thoughts.

I think both Moritz and shwinn are scummy. I also think they were not on salad's team. So they must be scum together.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

shwinnebego posted:

we know salad was captain, we should try to mindfuck our way into guessing who salad woulda picked as cap'n

He picked Plastic hth.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

wologar posted:

He picked Plastic hth.

arbitrary shitpost, therefore not helpful

Monathin posted:

opop's bad posting is NAI, hth

this is rehashing what was already implied by the conversation prior to your bad post

monathin, get better material, scummo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I have an idea on who salad would pick but I'm personally not a fan of that type of interrogation

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Where was this aggression earlier in the game, shwinn?

Oh, right, you were mostly laying low in the hopes you could score cred if you were right and pivot it into your usual town game.

In short I'll get better material when you prove you're not clearly scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Zoya posted:

it's interesting that you were roleblocked on a night with 1 kill instead of 2

very interesting

It's possible I'm wrong here but it should be 2 2man scum teams, no? Which would mean that one team is gone now so we should only see one kill per night

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Thank you to whoever roleblocked me, You've saved me from the embarrassment of having my jumbotron with a typo shown to everyone

OTOH this feels very much like a "hey look at me post" and maybe that's exactly what TPC wants me to think

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How many scum are there supposed to be anyway

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Monathin posted:

Where was this aggression earlier in the game, shwinn?

Oh, right, you were mostly laying low in the hopes you could score cred if you were right and pivot it into your usual town game.

In short I'll get better material when you prove you're not clearly scum.

Someone vig Mona

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

We started with 18, so standard ratios would assume either 4/18 or 5/18 depending on the overall power of the scumteam and the existence of of other third parties, but splitting that ratio directly in half for Fire/Ice tends to lead to an underpowered scumteam so I'm expecting at least one more member of the Scum Sluggers in addition to 3 scum from the second team that we haven't pinned down yet.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

Someone vig Mona

vig me yourself, coward

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

i invoke the immortal and holy rite of OMGUS ##vote monathin and i would thunderdome if i could

shwinnebego posted:

Someone vig Mona

lol

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

zoya is a 3p cultist {i know because I was recruited. its fine though we can help town}

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Opopanax posted:

It's possible I'm wrong here but it should be 2 2man scum teams, no? Which would mean that one team is gone now so we should only see one kill per night

that's not enough scum chums, i'd expect 3 per team, so both should still be kicking

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Monathin posted:

shwinn trying really hard to make people forget that scum can hunt other scum this game and that just because they lead the charge on one scum captain it doesn't mean they're not also scum.

Extremely lol that they've only just now decided to respond to the pressure put on them now that they can go "but i hunted a scum surely i must be town right guys"

##vote shwinn

well... the problem is..., what I thought was kind of interesting about the case was the possible connection between shwinn and plastic. but it looks like salad and plastic were on the same team. so it doesn't really look like scum hunting other scum right now... could've just sawn which way the wind was blowing ig. dunno how i feel about it now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Monathin posted:

We started with 18, so standard ratios would assume either 4/18 or 5/18 depending on the overall power of the scumteam and the existence of of other third parties, but splitting that ratio directly in half for Fire/Ice tends to lead to an underpowered scumteam so I'm expecting at least one more member of the Scum Sluggers in addition to 3 scum from the second team that we haven't pinned down yet.

How many scum do you think there are? You're giving 3 different answers here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Zoya posted:

that's not enough scum chums, i'd expect 3 per team, so both should still be kicking

6/18 doesn't sit right with me. 2 kills a night plus a town vig means the game could have been over D2

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Opopanax posted:

Sorry, that was confusing, let me rephrase.

6 scum total, 3 per team. 2 scum on one team are dead, so four (1/3) are left, is my guess.

We likely didn't start with 4 because then scum would be extremely underpowered, especially if the scum captain doesn't have any powers after picking a team (which is what salad's flip seems to indicate).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Something about that Mona post is rubbing me the wrong way

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Opopanax posted:

good on you for trying to read that post, i got halfway through the first sentence before deciding there were too many numbers in it and moving on to the next post :hmmyes:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Opopanax posted:

6/18 doesn't sit right with me. 2 kills a night plus a town vig means the game could have been over D2

It's not 6/18. It's 3+3+18. Neither scum would hold unanimous control over the vote D2.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

It's not 6/18. It's 3+3+18. Neither scum would hold unanimous control over the vote D2.

3+3+12, rather. I can loving math.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The whole thing about Fire/Ice is that neither scumteam can win while the other scumteam is still in play, and they need to have uncontestable control of the vote and eliminate the other scumteam.

The way you should think about it is removing the players of the other scumteam from the ratio.

So it's not 6/18, it's 3/15, twice over.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Since we only had one nightkill and wins flipped Jailer I'm trying to figure out who he might have jailed. Didn't post that much, called out TPC and sharkmafia before voting salad, maybe one of the two?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Salad didn't post a whole lot either. Leaving out flipped town players, he was slightly pushing shwiffles, maybe? And ANarc a bit. He was already getting votes at that point though, so probably wrote that with him flipping in mind.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

I would have thought the fact that the scumteam was 3/15 twice was very obvious. i figured that out yesterday and I have never played in this kind of setup

shwinnebego posted:

opop doing this self-meta and

theorycraft both suck mega rear end, real not into it. bad posts, opop! bottom tier! horrible! i pan your posts!

shwinnebego posted:

so you're saying that posting self-meta is not in fact an opop scumtell

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

not to mention commenting on how it feels to play town versus scum on day 3

i dunno man i voted opop yesterday and those posts make me want to kill him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Also yes given that both dead scum so far have been from the same team the remaining scum most likely interacted with them fairly normally

there's one more scum slugger but looking for them specifically is difficult