Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

For Mods. And Democracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I've grown to believe the "atmospheric spores" operation modifier is almost a net positive, because it prevents your team from getting distracted by shiny objects nests that aren't conveniently near your path between primary objectives.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
I've had pretty decent luck running the game until Hellmire, something about that planet crashes the poo poo out of my game. Maybe that's why so few people are running it even though it's needed for the major order. Or maybe with so little time left people have given up and my PC is just too old. Finally time to retire the 970, ol' reliable.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sokani posted:

I've had pretty decent luck running the game until Hellmire, something about that planet crashes the poo poo out of my game. Maybe that's why so few people are running it even though it's needed for the major order. Or maybe with so little time left people have given up and my PC is just too old. Finally time to retire the 970, ol' reliable.

Are you playing by yourself or joining someone else's game. I have had way less issues when I am the "host".

There is also the straight up crash and the disconnect. As noted on the previous page, if you are having straight up crash and not disconnect, don't use arc throwers and tell teammates not to bring electric items.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Sokani posted:

yeah i have a 970 and an equally ancient cpu and i can play but sometimes my frames just drop to single digits in nasty firefights on planets with lots of effects at minimum everything settings and that's just how it is

dragdog 2 will be the first game i've looked forward to and just won't be able to play

lasted a drat long time, that card

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

wait poo poo nvm i'm wrong

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Relentlessboredomm posted:

big fan of that new planet Oshaune when you can actually see any of it
greetings from Oshaune

https://i.imgur.com/nJWZYSP.mp4

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
you should try looking forwards :)

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

You are totally Pometheusing that Charger.

Pulling a Prometheus?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Lol

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!
Every operation on Hellmire has some kind of Stratagem time increase malus for me, and I'd rather lose an entire quadrant than deal with more of that bullshit. Scottish Highlands: The Planet doesn't aggravate me near as much.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Big fan of the ultra dense bright orange fog effects that leave you unable to see anything at all.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Diving with goons is great, because we did it properly, a 6 felt like a 3,

Also I think me getting the shiny new chonk armor helped. Clearly liberty favors the chonk of DEMOCRACY

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hooo boy.

Answered a pubbie SOS on a Suicide Drop on Oshaune. Almost immediately one diver gets disconnected so it's a trio. The first guy says we aren't even the original team that he started the mission with him and the second guy who just joined becomes the host. We pick up all the super samples and run for extract. We survive until Pelican 1 shows up only to find out none of us can get in. Pelican 1 won't let us sit down. We get wiped and the mission ends on a 2 star with no samples.

If this game wasn't so fun I'd be more annoyed.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
been running almost exclusively difficulty 8 for the last couple weeks but decided to drop down to a diff 6 tonight for a couple matches and goddamn this is downright relaxing

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Shadowlyger posted:

Big fan of the ultra dense bright orange fog effects that leave you unable to see anything at all.

Same! It rules!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Fishstick posted:

Simply make sure nobody in your group uses any of the 3 weapons we've made specific armor for

I kinda wondered about this back when the warbond came out. That's kind of a really specific use case to base an entire warbond's armor set around, isn't it? I thought maybe we'd eventually see automatons (or illuminate?) that attack with electricity-based weapons to give it another niche.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Phenotype posted:

I kinda wondered about this back when the warbond came out. That's kind of a really specific use case to base an entire warbond's armor set around, isn't it? I thought maybe we'd eventually see automatons (or illuminate?) that attack with electricity-based weapons to give it another niche.

If this was the case it'd be 50% like the explosive armor. Having a set locked behind premium currency that makes you nigh-immune to some enemies flies too close to P2W.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Do autocannon shots really kill shrieker nests? The first time i saw one it looked like miniature spore spewers so i took some shots at them and it just kinda...took it? Unless i just didn't hit it enough to take one down. Would be another point towards AC supremacy it you can take them down from a distance.

Edit:ah yell yeah i got my tag! Democracy WORKS!

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 22, 2024

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I really like the automaton AI vibe they have where outside of strategem jammers they aren’t like doing hacking attacks but just building tons of really stupid robots out of a bunch of crap factories that they teach songs to and program to flinch at bullets.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

The Shame Boy posted:

Do autocannon shots really kill shrieker nests? The first time i saw one it looked like miniature spore spewers so i took some shots at them and it just kinda...took it? Unless i just didn't hit it enough to take one down. Would be another point towards AC supremacy it you can take them down from a distance.

just had to shoot more, they're multiple EATs or a full magazine from the AC per spire

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

The Shame Boy posted:

Yes, but a number of shots, like 7?

Likewise, takes 2 EATs or RR shots per mushroomhead.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

It's 10 Autocannon shots per shroom iirc

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Tom Tucker posted:

I really like the automaton AI vibe they have where outside of strategem jammers they aren’t like doing hacking attacks but just building tons of really stupid robots out of a bunch of crap factories that they teach songs to and program to flinch at bullets.

I feel like this is a hint that they're more of a society of living beings than a collection of murderbots. They're not just making bigger and stronger robots to kill everything, they're making human-looking robots who sing songs and get nervous when they take fire because that's who they are, essentially.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Phenotype posted:

I feel like this is a hint that they're more of a society of living beings than a collection of murderbots. They're not just making bigger and stronger robots to kill everything, they're making human-looking robots who sing songs and get nervous when they take fire because that's who they are, essentially.

I find that offensive.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Phenotype posted:

you ever wonder what the automatons are doing with all of the decapitated heads they have

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
You get used to 300m EAT snipes in no time at all. Soon enough you'll be sniping bile titans from 200m away, and youre team will type "what, how who did that" while you can just :smug: in silence.

Not seeing poo poo is the Oshaune way, drop into a heavy nest for an exciting start tbqh

AndyElusive posted:

Hooo boy.

Answered a pubbie SOS on a Suicide Drop on Oshaune. Almost immediately one diver gets disconnected so it's a trio. The first guy says we aren't even the original team that he started the mission with him and the second guy who just joined becomes the host. We pick up all the super samples and run for extract. We survive until Pelican 1 shows up only to find out none of us can get in. Pelican 1 won't let us sit down. We get wiped and the mission ends on a 2 star with no samples.

ngl, this sounds like a good time

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

AndyElusive posted:

Hooo boy.

This game is amazing when it works but there's an incredible amount of game ending bugs that really sour the taste. And somehow they introduce more with each patch like the current one of, "if you use any of the electric weapons you WILL regret it."

I just played a mission where anyone that died except one dude were unable to respawn. Poor guy dropped reinforcement call ins over 50 times. Dying just spawned him in while we all watched but none of us could help.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

A bug I got recently that I actually enjoyed was my teammate and I calling down the prospecting drill at the same time resulting in two overlapping drills landing slightly misaligned from each other, meaning you could only see 1/3 of either screen. Fun guessing game of trying to input the right codes while blind and swarmed by dropships.

I would take "interference means you can only see a small part of any terminal" as a negative operation modifier. It's more fun than longer cooldowns.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Grey Fox posted:

greetings from Oshaune

Such a gorgeous planet, misty green slopes, electric jellyfish :allears:

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Slyphic posted:

Every operation on Hellmire has some kind of Stratagem time increase malus for me, and I'd rather lose an entire quadrant than deal with more of that bullshit. Scottish Highlands: The Planet doesn't aggravate me near as much.

the worst thing is stratagem call down time penalty affects extraction shuttle and that is not fun.

If i see that modifier i just wont play those missions

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh, apparently the broken liberation progress happened because, concurrent with the last patch, they tried changing the way planet progress works to be reward high difficulty operations more and scale inversely with current player count. See the text at the bottom of https://helldivers.io/

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Spookydonut posted:

the worst thing is stratagem call down time penalty affects extraction shuttle and that is not fun.

If i see that modifier i just wont play those missions

This is actually the only good thing about that modifier. They need modifiers that make the mission more difficult in an interesting way instead of just making your stuff shittier. Give me a “reduced breach/dropship cooldown” modifier.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Slyphic posted:

Hellmire

checks out, tbqh

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."
Played a rando game with some dudes with chinese names, and their Helldivers were just faster than mine for sprinting cross-country across the entire loving map, as is a distressingly large amount of the gameplay in HD2

They said they were in light armor, but I checked after the match and confirmed I was also wearing light armor. Am I just doing something wrong or did I just play with speedhackers?

Getting really loving sick of slow-running across alien terrain between objectives that my teammates have already popped without my assistance.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

KlavoHunter posted:

Played a rando game with some dudes with chinese names, and their Helldivers were just faster than mine for sprinting cross-country across the entire loving map, as is a distressingly large amount of the gameplay in HD2

They said they were in light armor, but I checked after the match and confirmed I was also wearing light armor. Am I just doing something wrong or did I just play with speedhackers?

Getting really loving sick of slow-running across alien terrain between objectives that my teammates have already popped without my assistance.

the only reliable speedtrick is to intentionally hurt yourself while on the run, wearing medic armor so you can stim to instantly refill stamina just as you run out and keep it at max for six seconds

adds up over the course of a map, though. even if you have to self-harm by ragdolling off ledges you still travel faster, well-timed grenades would be a lot faster

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

KlavoHunter posted:

Dumb question. Were you wearing the very first scout armor from the warbond? Or maybe one of the light armors from the credits shop with more than 50 armor (not the padded one). Because you don't feel slow in those "Light" suits until you are running from stubborn psychic patrols forever, or trying to keep up with people in full light armor.

But yeah. Even trying to use medium armor gets exhausting when stamina booster still means always being left behind by lighter people. I want to wear the fat medium enforcer suit on bot missions without feeling like I am in slow mo! Good thing the shop had light fortified :sigh:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The Shame Boy posted:

Edit:ah yell yeah i got my tag! Democracy WORKS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WpyqMa_BEc

Someone did the math on it, a buncha autocannon shots, or a single EAT and a couple AC hits will take them down handily. Hellbombs obviously do it, the HMG emplacement does it, but slowly, recoilless does it in 2 hits, etc.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

orange juche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WpyqMa_BEc

Someone did the math on it, a buncha autocannon shots, or a single EAT and a couple AC hits will take them down handily. Hellbombs obviously do it, the HMG emplacement does it, but slowly, recoilless does it in 2 hits, etc.

Alas the plasma shotgun doesn't damage them and I've grown to like that dumb thing - but mostly against bots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

What kind of loadout am I supposed to take on bug missions now that the arc thrower is baned? man this sucks. I tried bringing back the stalwart and it was kind of fine, but took forever to kill bile spewers. and I'm really bad at using the grenade launcher, it just bounces off everything and I run out of ammo in 2 seconds.