Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Nowadays the wokes are so bad that even the hero of the matrix, John Matrix, would think it was too crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Who has the tweet from Ivanka Trump about taking the red pill but one of the Wachowski sisters tells her to go gently caress herself.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
....is that a pill, looks like one of the red rose emojis lol

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

....is that a pill, looks like one of the red rose emojis lol

I think it's the rose emoji, there's a pill one but it's not red.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Musk should just post on Facebook instead. It's a better fit for posts like that.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
What? That's at least a year ago from the May timestamp, but it's very much modern Twitter/X.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ILL Machina posted:

What? That's at least a year ago from the May timestamp, but it's very much modern Twitter/X.

You think people would do that? Just screenshot a tweet in the present day?

https://twitter.com/lilly_wachowski/status/1262104754496339968

Fuoco
Jan 3, 2009
Does he think he's Tuxedo Mask or something?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

?

https://twitter.com/ca_dmv_bot2/status/1770948510697066600

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1770725175241167241?s=20

https://twitter.com/banalplay/status/1770591098181759419?s=20

I'm sorry, I had to edit this one in. RIP John Witherspoon:
https://twitter.com/OlDirtyBro/status/1770371286260232523?s=20

Skutter has a new favorite as of 02:49 on Mar 22, 2024

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

smh I can’t believe that she invoke the aura of a powerful stench as an insult

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Ideally everybody would be eating balanced meals with minimal to no preservatives, and we should all be working towards a world where that's possible. But if the practical alternative to "fast food burger" is "nothing," then it's better for people to eat the burgers than to starve in the name of "eating healthy."

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

I remember people saying this kind of thing in the tumblr-fied heyday of 2012/2013. One guy got absolutely incensed at the idea that you could buy a 20 piece McNugget and only eat half of them and eat the rest later because they aren't as good when they're not hot (not true, cold nuggets from the fridge are good)

Pththya-lyi posted:

Ideally everybody would be eating balanced meals with minimal to no preservatives, and we should all be working towards a world where that's possible. But if the practical alternative to "fast food burger" is "nothing," then it's better for people to eat the burgers than to starve in the name of "eating healthy."

Dude I am about to introduce you to the concept of a grocery store and it's going to blow your entire brain out of your skull

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I had housemates who told me they (a couple) had to order fast food all the time. Because they couldn't make dinner every night, which okay, i get that. But when I asked about why they didn't make a larger portion of food and have leftovers I got told "we don't do leftovers, they make us feel poor" and that they literally threw out any leftovers they had. So I stopped feeling bad when they complained all the fast food was making them poor.

Anyway, that's my fast food story.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The burgers are arguably the least unhealthy part of (most) fast food. It's the sides, and more importantly the giant cups of sugary soda, that really do numbers on the sedentary.

Pththya-lyi posted:

But yeah, this. IDK how bad it is in some parts of America, but north of the border it does sometimes seem like the most readily available options aren't the healthiest.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

syntaxfunction posted:

But when I asked about why they didn't make a larger portion of food and have leftovers I got told "we don't do leftovers, they make us feel poor" and that they literally threw out any leftovers they had.

That blows my loving mind. Nothing better than getting home after work and remembering you've got a big pot of something ready to heat and eat. Hell, some stuff tastes better the second day.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The practical alternative to fast food burger is, as stated in the tweet, frozen foods. They cost less and suck less.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Hamburger Helper isn't exactly good for you either but it is dogshit simple to make and it lasts a good couple of meals. Especially if you're single and just need a pack lunch or something

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Heath posted:

Hamburger Helper isn't exactly good for you either but it is dogshit simple to make and it lasts a good couple of meals. Especially if you're single and just need a pack lunch or something

that's for poor people

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Frozen vegetables also take like 7 minutes to steam and cost nothing

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ben shapino posted:

that's for poor people

It should suit you perfectly, as you are poor of spirit

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Heath posted:

cold nuggets from the fridge are good

McNuggets aren't good when they're fresh. No one in hell does a cold one come up worth trying.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

wash bucket posted:

That blows my loving mind. Nothing better than getting home after work and remembering you've got a big pot of something ready to heat and eat. Hell, some stuff tastes better the second day.

Years ago I was sharing a house with a friend who would never eat leftovers but wouldn't admit it. So I'd make a whole lot of pasta or something and we'd have that for dinner, then the next night he'd make dinner, then it came time to eat the leftovers and he'd be all for it right up to the point where we're about to heat them up and then he'd go "actually I don't feel like leftovers, I'll order us something". So he'd pay for takeaway for both of us, and cook the next day because it was his turn, and I'd get to eat the leftover pasta for lunches instead.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

syntaxfunction posted:

I had housemates who told me they (a couple) had to order fast food all the time. Because they couldn't make dinner every night, which okay, i get that. But when I asked about why they didn't make a larger portion of food and have leftovers I got told "we don't do leftovers, they make us feel poor" and that they literally threw out any leftovers they had. So I stopped feeling bad when they complained all the fast food was making them poor.

lol gently caress those people, when I was struggling to make ends meet when my mom lost her job because of her health and i was taking care of her, I started going to a nearby cinema pub and going around after showings and just taking everyone else's leftovers because people rarely took a doggy bag home and would just leave sometimes entirely untouched meals on the table. I'd walk out with 10-20 pounds of food for the cost of a 6 dollar movie ticket. So long as you cook it long enough, there's no worry about sickness or whatever. I got the idea in my head initially when my girlfriend at the time, who was from India, started sobbing when she saw the amount of wasted food being thrown in the rolly bins after a movie we went to see, because she grew up in absurd poverty. I still do it these days whenever I go see a movie there, because gently caress wasting food.

Heath posted:

a basic-rear end rice cooker, a 50lb bag of rice and some black beans should keep most anyone set for quite some time even if they can't cook and can easily be seasoned with almost literally anything.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

with beans and rice you're just a few dollars away from a delicious pot of chili at that point

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

ben shapino posted:

with beans and rice you're just a few dollars away from a delicious pot of chili at that point

Chili is a fuckin' clutch food to meal prep. I need a bigger pot, I've been making huge batches of it. And with the rice cooked separately you can modulate your carb intake.

Meat is getting pretty expensive though. :(

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Lentils are pretty great too, if you're not a fan or want a change from beans

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

syntaxfunction posted:

leftovers fuckin' rule

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Lentils are the IPA of legumes.

ScreenDoorThrillr
Jun 23, 2023

ben shapino posted:

add a bone and baby, you've got a stew going

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

ScreenDoorThrillr posted:

add a bone and baby, you've got a stew going

Do not add baby under any circumstances

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

I just saw this last post and assumed i was in the r/relationships thread for a moment

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

It's not that immodest a proposal

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/ca_dmv_bot2/status/1770857915412353219?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The woke mob has taken over the DMV :argh:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

What about their back ribs?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Strong

energy.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Samovar posted:

What about their back ribs?

I work with kids professionally and I can definitively tell you all, do not add or remove bones from your children

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Biplane posted:

I work with kids professionally and I can definitively tell you all, do not add or remove bones from your children

Okay. Okay. What about swapping bones? So that the net number of bones per kid remains unchanged?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tree Bucket posted:

Okay. Okay. What about swapping bones? So that the net number of bones per kid remains unchanged?

You're still physically going through the process of adding and removing bones from children, even if the total amount of bones per child remains unchanged.