Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Pookah posted:

So it's just been reported that a suspicious package was sent to the Israeli embassy in Dublin last week - white powder + threatening images. It's been analyzed and the powder is just sugar, plus the imagery it came with is...hmm

:thunk:

https://www.breakingnews.ie/israel-hamas/death-threat-and-white-powder-sent-to-israeli-ambassador-in-dublin-1605055.html

Surely this will get the Irish people on Israel's side!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Karma Comedian posted:

Netanyahu is a piece of poo poo

Can't wait until we get rid of the one guy responsible for all this

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Horizon Burning posted:

it really feels like if you want to commit war crimes and atrocities, the secret is to just keep doing them. just tire people out. give them too much to keep track of. guess it only works when the usa is backing you but christ

We've reached the limit of what we can do as regular people. The labor movement in the West should be organizing general strike action over this, but it just isn't, partially because it's questionable if its members would support any assertive action that can't be directly tied to a bigger paycheck.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The level of casual racism in Israel society is shocking to any american I know who's gone there.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

mcmagic posted:

The level of casual racism in Israel society is shocking to any american I know who's gone there.

wait do you think this is more racist than americans are? cause lmao

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I'm really loving this totally real trend of Irish Israel supporters appearing everywhere on Twitter to argue with people. totally legit and not being run out of a cube farm in Tel Aviv lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

idk that is a complicated question. but they are way more comfortable just being open about it and throwing out racial slurs as a part of casual conversation than americans are nowadays.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mcmagic posted:

what do you mean casual they sterilize black people without their consent there

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Spergin Morlock posted:

I'm really loving this totally real trend of Irish Israel supporters appearing everywhere on Twitter to argue with people. totally legit and not being run out of a cube farm in Tel Aviv lmao

Reminds me that when Lula criticized the genocide in Gaza, some proud israeli political cartoonist drew him as a monkey in the jungle

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I see this thread as more of an unfiltered news aggregate source and poo poo post void rather than a "forums conversation" seeing as how it's literally one of the only places on the Internet to get a non-zionist non-US controlled view of the events going on in Gaza.

Definitely not going to see a video clip of french Israeli mercenaries openly talking about torturing prisoners or a video of a bunch of zionazis mocking African children in blackface on any US media this morning, and I'm sure as poo poo not going to create a twitter account to go find these myself.

It is unnecessary to 'witness' the suffering of others as some kind of exercise in self flagellation. Whatever you might think you're proving by showing the horrors of this genocide, you aren't. Nobody here needs to be convinced, and frying your brain with horrors does not give the victim any dignity or relief. Show respect and restraint for the victims, your fellow posters, and yourself.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Al! posted:

what do you mean casual they sterilize black people without their consent there

that isn't something that's seen or brought up in conversation with tourists

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i will never respect myself and you can't make me

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i will never respect myself and you can't make me

This is reasonable, no one should respect you. But the point still stands for everyone else who is worthy of respect

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

WoodrowSkillson posted:

a large percentage of the american population isn't white. hope this helps!

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

dti

go play outside Skyler posted:

the un are so loving broken, unbelievable this entity has existed for so many years

that's why it still exists

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

SMERSH Mouth posted:

hey, listen:

gently caress Israel

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

people still do blackface in America from time to time but I can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing a bone necklace and grass skirt, and then in their defense say "well that's what these black people look like!" and show a video of Africans wearing normal clothes

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Mandel Brotset posted:

this failed but the reporting is so heavily cop voiced that I literally can’t tell how or why

yeah I can't imagine that the US proposal had anything that would seriously harm Israel in it. it was probably another 6 week ceasefire prisoner exchange and then once the dock was built and the arms reloaded they'd invade rafah

idk it's not good that there's no ceasefire but it's good that it isn't a ceasefire predicated on the US' terms, hopefully someone who can will bring a permanent ceasefire resolution so the whole world can watch the US veto it again, making it clear what they're up to

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024

the un are so loving broken, unbelievable this entity has existed for so many years

The UN is extremely functional, it's purpose is to prevent world war 3 and nothing else. In the era of American global hegemony that means letting America do what it wants.

If you're looking for an institution that prevents genocide and helps humanity in any meaningful way then you shouldn't be looking at the UN.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Its clear already they vetoed 3

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

In reality youre right but also Americans are extremely sheltered and know very little about their own society.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
The french Zionist who posted a video of himself torturing a palestinian in gaza was publicly shamed by the french government and will most likely be facing prosecution if he goes home

============

‎French Foreign Ministry criticizes the behavior of a French-Israeli soldier who mocked Palestinian detainees‎
‎A spokesman for the French Foreign Ministry criticized a French-Israeli soldier's mockery of Palestinian detainees, describing it as shocking.‎

‎Referring to the possible legal consequences, the spokesman explained that the French judiciary was the competent authority to deal with crimes committed by French citizens in foreign countries.‎

‎The Israeli army soldier, who holds dual French and Israeli citizenship, published a video showing violations of the rights of prisoners and detainees in the Gaza Strip.‎

‎During the video, one of the captives appeared blindfolded, while the soldier commented in his voice in French: "Look at his back! They tortured him. Look to laugh."‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...7%D8%B5%D9%84-3

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Also China and russia lambasts the US for their lovely resolution:-

=================

‎Russian representative to the Security Council:‎

‎Blinken said we have a solution that will be put forward in the Security Council, but today's draft resolution does not show that.‎
‎The negotiations in which the Americans participated on Gaza were focused and directed solely at procrastination.‎
‎US draft resolution on Gaza does not call for ceasefire‎
‎Gaza was destroyed after 6 months and the US ambassador now recognizes the need for a ceasefire‎
‎Non-permanent members of the Council prepared another non-politicized resolution on Gaza‎
‎If this resolution is adopted, it will close the discussion on the status of Gaza and free Israel's hand there.‎

‎China's representative to the Security Council criticizes the US draft resolution on Gaza‎
‎Chinese Delegate to the Security Council:‎

‎The U.S. draft resolution has evaded the more central issue of the ceasefire.‎
‎The final text of the US draft resolution remains vague and does not call for an immediate ceasefire.‎
‎Another draft resolution is clear in its demand for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza.‎
‎Security Council restless and has not taken any ceasefire measures in Gaza‎
‎What matters now is to move to achieve a ceasefire and promote a lasting solution to the Palestinian issue.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...7%D8%B5%D9%84-3

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Blinken told the Israelis they're capital F hosed

=================

Axios: Blinken to Netanyahu Israel's security and status at risk‎
‎Axios website quoted sources:‎

‎Blinken warned that without a clear plan for the day after the war, Israel would face a major insurgency that it could not cope with.‎
‎Blinken warned Netanyahu and the War Council that Israel's security and standing in the world were at stake.‎
‎Blinken stressed to officials that Israel needed a coherent plan or it would remain stuck in Gaza.‎

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HallelujahLee posted:

Its clear already they vetoed 3

this yeah, the US is actively taking part in this genocide. They dont want that to end.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

It works for its intended purpose, preventing other countries from declaring war on the country that built it.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Genocide Joe wants good PR going into an election year, which is why this resolution was proposed: to say, "Hey, we tried!". It's good to see that internationally people see through that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Blinken told the Israelis they're capital F hosed

=================

Axios: Blinken to Netanyahu Israel's security and status at risk‎
‎Axios website quoted sources:‎

‎Blinken warned that without a clear plan for the day after the war, Israel would face a major insurgency that it could not cope with.‎
‎Blinken warned Netanyahu and the War Council that Israel's security and standing in the world were at stake.‎
‎Blinken stressed to officials that Israel needed a coherent plan or it would remain stuck in Gaza.‎

Doesnt matter if this is true or not. The US will always supply all of the money and weapons Israel needs. The end goal is to remove all Palestinians from Gaza, and the US is onboard with that plan even if they wont say it outloud.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gaza and then the West Bank next

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Doesnt matter if this is true or not. The US will always supply all of the money and weapons Israel needs. The end goal is to remove all Palestinians from Gaza, and the US is onboard with that plan even if they wont say it outloud.

That's probably what this ridiculous pier is intended to do: facilitate the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Genocide Joe wants good PR going into an election year, which is why this resolution was proposed: to say, "Hey, we tried!". It's good to see that internationally people see through that.

I would never vote republican but holy poo poo I hate Biden and the liberal cocksuckers that gobble up all of his obvious propaganda and bullshit.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

euphronius posted:

Gaza and then the West Bank next

Yep, really hoping Israel collapses before that point.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Oh darn US couldn't get a ceasefire on Gaza man they tried so hard to stop the violence in between reloading the iron dome and sending white phosphorus so that the IDF could identify fleeing civilians and stop them from trespassing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I would never vote republican but holy poo poo I hate Biden and the liberal cocksuckers that gobble up all of his obvious propaganda and bullshit.

Just wait till Trump wins and Boy Jared is building Trump branded high rises in Gaza.

Thing I'm interested in is the sentiment in the Arab world now watching this Israeli genocide with US support vs what it was during the terror wars. I assume that this is being viewed in the same way.....

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mcmagic has issued a correction as of 16:06 on Mar 22, 2024

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hopefully Jared is easily confused and builds them in Giza

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I was able to find the meeting commentary on this here: https://news.un.org/en/story/2024/03/1147856

Annoyingly, I was not able to find the actual text of the US draft proposal. Is that sort of stuff published anywhere? Resolutions that pass are clearly published by the UN, but I'm not seeing the same with ones that do not pass.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Just wait till Trump wins and Boy Jared is building Trump branded high rises in Gaza.

lol at "but trump would be worse!"

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

30.5 Days posted:

people still do blackface in America from time to time but I can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing a bone necklace and grass skirt, and then in their defense say "well that's what these black people look like!" and show a video of Africans wearing normal clothes

Jimmy Kimmel wearing an entire Karl Malone skin suit for a bit that isn't even funny

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Thing I'm interested in is the sentiment in the Arab world now watching this Israeli genocide with US support vs what it was during the terror wars. I assume that this is being viewed in the same way.....

Iraq was the first time in my life I saw how children melt from white phosphorous and the horror stories of Abu Ghuraib were big news, and every crime and killing america committed was documented and shown on TV, so yeah it's the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

this is complete burgin talk but racism in America is couched in vague but understandable to its audience terms, while racism abroad is more in your face, talking about your lips poo poo. I've seen both.