Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got DLSS working on my end now. I meeded to reinstall my drivers. Saw a 30fps bump in town with it enabled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Floor is lava posted:

weird seeing people getting mad about the dlc

you can but all that poo poo for next to nothing in the capitol about 2-3 hours in

the whole "start new game" option not existing is loving bonkers though what the hell

My assumption there, and I could be wrong, is that it's probably tied to the Pawn system and something would get wonky/break with player-sent pawns otherwise. They should still have an in-game 'delete save and start fresh' option though.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Jesus gently caress just being in this world walking around owns so loving much, then you see some 4 pip health bar appears and you have the sickest fight ever and god this game is crack.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So via the character creator, you can have freckles, but can't make moles :negative:

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I really like the game a lot but I’m not surprised it’s getting pummeled in the steam reviews, MTX and terrible performance is recipe for terrible steam reviews.

I don’t blame people, the performance in Jedi Survivor was so bad that I basically stopped playing a good game because it was so so bad.

Yes, the performance is that bad and if it matters to you, you should not get this game right now. Otherwise it’s fantastic and the combat is super fun.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't mean to be ableist, but my main guy is clearly suffering from a serious respiratory issue, and cannot jog 5m without getting winded. It's very annoying. I'm going to pick up every Golden Trove Beetle I see, and buy that Ring of Accrual as soon as I can.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Floor is lava posted:

weird seeing people getting mad about the dlc

you can buy all that poo poo for next to nothing in the capitol about 2-3 hours in

the whole "start new game" option not existing is loving bonkers though what the hell

It's pretty insulting in a $70 game. I didn't know Capcom did this kind of thing(not a RE / horror fan) and didn't play the first. I refunded it this morning.

Maybe in a year when it's $20 I'll take another look, assuming they fix the performance.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

So I’m on the fence between buying this on PC or PS5. I’d prefer PS5 for ease and comfort, and it seems like the general consensus is it runs fine on console? As a Bloodborne enjoyer in 2024 I’m not too hung up on FPS, but seems like that’s an issue for a lot of people.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

It's pretty insulting in a $70 game. I didn't know Capcom did this kind of thing(not a RE / horror fan) and didn't play the first. I refunded it this morning.

Maybe in a year when it's $20 I'll take another look, assuming they fix the performance.

lol

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Capcom has been doing this consumables DLC stuff for like 15 years and almost no one buys them since it's always stuff you can just get in game from just playing normally like the Red Orbs packs from Devil May Cry 4 and 5. It's like something the devs obligated to put in since the C-Suite and/or shareholders have a gun to the project's head or something.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

MagusDraco posted:

Capcom has been doing this consumables DLC stuff for like 15 years and almost no one buys them since it's always stuff you can just get in game from just playing normally like the Red Orbs packs from Devil May Cry 4 and 5. It's like something the devs obligated to put in since the C-Suite and/or shareholders have a gun to the project's head or something.

The optics are lovely and it deserves all the hate it's getting.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Phlegmish posted:

I don't mean to be ableist, but my main guy is clearly suffering from a serious respiratory issue, and cannot jog 5m without getting winded. It's very annoying. I'm going to pick up every Golden Trove Beetle I see, and buy that Ring of Accrual as soon as I can.

i have tested and confirmed that you can stack the weight reduction rings

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

People can be mad - don't be a butthole.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
Yea, I love the game but I’ll never go to bat for microtransactions, I don’t care how worthless they are.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jimlit posted:

The optics are lovely and it deserves all the hate it's getting.

This argument would hold more water if it wasn't people acting like this wasn't a standard industry practice from multiple developers and not something unique to this game. (And people wouldn't care about it in this game except performance bad so they can try to pretend they care about DLC practices in this game to feel morally justified.)

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're
Every rose has its thorn, Gamers :baduk:

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Vintersorg posted:

People can be mad - don't be a butthole.

lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Floor is lava posted:

i have tested and confirmed that you can stack the weight reduction rings

Good to know, thanks.

I also just realized that it's probably a good idea to put your camping kit on a support pawn. I guess it tanks the stamina for the pawn, but I don't care about that as much

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Shoehead posted:

If you wanna throw up your pawns on a spreadsheet here's one I just made, lemme know if anyone has any suggestions for columns

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CPUxGkeK6FHGsSe1igMFOsSc-81RxfUxVHRDqr-KyE4/edit?usp=sharing

I guess this is going to be the pawn sheet this time around. Maybe worth putting in the OP?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Does this game work like FF Tactics such that your going to down one or two job/class/vocation to get a couple of abilities then your going go max out a late game class?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Whichever one of you made Garfield, that dude owns. He kept running ahead and showing me the best places to pick plants and kill goblins. I taught him where a seeker medallion thing was. Also the performance issues seem to be pretty exaggerated? My computer isn't top of the line, I was worried I'd barely run this game - if at all - but it's running just fine, I get the occasional frame jitters but I spent four hours killing goblins and no issues at all.

This is my cat, her code is 305RG841TMS8.

Lord Packinham posted:

Yea, I love the game but I’ll never go to bat for microtransactions, I don’t care how worthless they are.

There's already someone who's made a cheat for RC. This game doesn't seem to have any anti-cheat on it at all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calidus posted:

Does this game work like FF Tactics such that your going to down one or two job/class/vocation to get a couple of abilities then your going go max out a late game class?

Yes, every class gives you Augments you can equip on any class and you'll want to dip into a few different ones. (like "reduces chance of being targeted" from IIRC thieves is great for magic users)

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

This argument would hold more water if it wasn't people acting like this wasn't a standard industry practice from multiple developers and not something unique to this game. (And people wouldn't care about it in this game except performance bad so they can try to pretend they care about DLC practices in this game to feel morally justified.)

This is a terrible argument. I’m glad the game is getting raked across the coals in steam reviews and I hope it goes lower especially since publishers actually care about their steam reviews. So I encourage the review bombing even though I love the game.

You have to remember, according to steam themselves, the average card is a GTX1080 and equivalent processor.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

You can make the argument that Capcom probably has the best microtransaction philosophy out of most developers out nowadays in that it's all mostly either cosmetics (see: monster hunter) or just poo poo you get in-game already (see: this game, resident evil). Just ignore it's there and play the game? Like I play a fuckload of Capcom games and I've bought exactly one (1) dlc item from em (some really cool looking dual blades in monster hunter rise).

Compared to the DLC/MTX offerings of other games, especially online games, this feels like getting mad over nothing. Hell, if you want to just see some of the dumber poo poo other RPGs have done, didn't the last Yakuza game lock NG+ to paid dlc?

The game 100% deserves the bad reviews for the apparent abysmal performance.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 22, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lord Packinham posted:

This is a terrible argument. I’m glad the game is getting raked across the coals in steam reviews and I hope it goes lower especially since publishers actually care about their steam reviews. So I encourage the review bombing even though I love the game.

You have to remember, according to steam themselves, the average card is a GTX1080 and equivalent processor.

No it isn't, because it's provably true. Like the person who made the post about refunding the game plays Helldiver 2, a game that launched with a Premium Battle Pass, so it clearly isn't that important to them. (And you can go "oh but Helldivers 2 lets you get that stuff in game" and that is 100% valid except so does DD2.)

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Nobody is arguing that it's unique to this game and I doubt it's a foil for the bad performance. This launch sucks and everyone knows it deep down inside.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Meet Hag. I found them in the rift. Now they're my friend

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
Well my game launched at sub-30fps for the vast majority of people and can’t even start a new character, better turn the micro transactions on….

What do you mean we are getting review-bombed?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
The game is great. One of the first things I noticed, one of the first things you can notice at all really, is how good it feels to simply control your character. Moving around and combat feels fantastic.

REALLY missing lock-on as a fighter though. Having to clumsily and manually turn around to face an enemy you’re already looking at with the camera, just to raise your shield in the right direction feels really stupid.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 22, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How varied is the armor looking this time around? Enough to make up for the lack of layering?

Hyzenth1ay posted:

That’s the one! I felt sorry for the pawns Nick Cave and Woundwort; they died so I might live.

His funeral, your trial

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I am really curious about the people buying Capcom's consumable packs, they must exist right? Otherwise they wouldn't bother putting it in? There must be some market for this somehow?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

i like that melve has about as many NPCs loaded simultaneously as the city at any given moment while also running at like 90 fps

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Does using more/higher level pawns give you less DCP

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lord Packinham posted:

Well my game launched at sub-30fps for the vast majority of people and can’t even start a new character, better turn the micro transactions on….

What do you mean we are getting review-bombed?

Micro transactions don't let you start a new character. They do have a microtransaction for things that let you change you looks except you can get those in game too.

Having to delete your save to start a new character is weird but it isn't some microtransaction scheme.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

WarpedLichen posted:

I am really curious about the people buying Capcom's consumable packs, they must exist right? Otherwise they wouldn't bother putting it in? There must be some market for this somehow?

the market is the people who read the 500 brain dead steam reviews or posts on twitter or reddit saying that you 100% cannot start a new game or customize your character or use fast travel without paying money

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Whichever one of you made Garfield, that dude owns.

lol I also used Garfield. Dismissed him just now. He was pretty useful despite only being level 5.

Any of you have a Thief pawn around level 10? I'd like to use him or her for a bit.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Woof.

Performance in open world is reasonable (100-120fps consistently, no dips below)

In the city; I'm getting a stuttery 40-60 on average.

4090 / 7950x3d / 64gb RAM / 1440 ultrawide
Not even running maxed out settings.
All drivers updated/etc.

Tried the DLSS mod but it just turned everything red-tinted, maybe will revisit.

Still playable, but drat does it feel a little choppy and worse than the visual FPS shows it should feel. I'm sure it'll get some patches and whatnot, and it's still playable, but lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

the market is the people who read the 500 brain dead steam reviews or posts on twitter or reddit saying that you 100% cannot start a new game or customize your character or use fast travel without paying money

Yeah, this is the genuinely exhausting thing.

People have telephoned game this to "You actually have to pay money to do everything in the game!!!" which is false on every level. The MTX are boring poo poo you get plenty of in-game for free and like one song pack. It's dumb but the definition of ignorable, but you have people like Lord Packinham trying to pretend otherwise because they read a thing on Steam.