Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is all my fault. I bought an extra costume for the handler in monster hunter world. I think that told capcom to keep doing this kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I said come in! posted:

I have never heard of this game.

I wonder if Will Smith has even heard of this game :psyduck:

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Jerusalem posted:

I wonder if Will Smith has even heard of this game :psyduck:

I'm sure he thought about it for like a minute when he recorded his 2 or 3 voice lines and cashed the huge check they cut him.

I was playing some lovely harvest solitaire game on my phone and Sarah Jessica Parker had an mtx Welcome Pack for some reason. It's a dumb thing celebrities do nowadays. Like ads for bingo games filmed in 5 seconds on their own phones.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The best celebrity mobile ads are the ones where the advertiser clearly just bought a Cameo

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Paying2Lurk posted:

I'm sure he thought about it for like a minute when he recorded his 2 or 3 voice lines and cashed the huge check they cut him.

I was playing some lovely harvest solitaire game on my phone and Sarah Jessica Parker had an mtx Welcome Pack for some reason. It's a dumb thing celebrities do nowadays. Like ads for bingo games filmed in 5 seconds on their own phones.

There was some lovely match 3 game that seemingly spent a bunch of money on getting basically every British television celebrity to do actual studio filmed ads for it and those were a pox for a full month.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
absolutely incredible
https://twitter.com/Lupe_Od/status/1770727001931882638

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

IN MINECRAFT THE BED I SLEPT ON WAS A SLAVE. THE ROOM WHERE I SLEPT WAS HACKED FROM SCREAMING STONE. THE WATER I DRANK BEGGED ME TO STOP. I WAS PAID IN COIN THAT PLOTTED MY DOWNFALL. THE MEMORIES ARE TROUBLING.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Outside of the mtx, I think it's pretty funny that I've seen at least one site post a guide on how to go into the game files and what save files to delete so you can start a new game because people are expecting to rush through the opening of the game and get to the first city so they can tell if the game will even run on their computers in time to refund, to the point that Capcom had to specifically address that they were looking into implementing a way to start a new game is funny

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Between the unprecedented mtx scandal... and the lost frames... and now this new game debacle... looks like the game is a major Fail

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The drm is locking steam deck users out of the game permanently in some cases because it's detecting different Linux versions as completely different devices and thinks you're distributing the game to people who haven't bought it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But it's not playable on Steam Deck anyway, so why bother putting it on there

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

But it's not playable on Steam Deck anyway, so why bother putting it on there

Anything is playable on steam deck if you try hard enough

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

njsykora posted:

There was some lovely match 3 game that seemingly spent a bunch of money on getting basically every British television celebrity to do actual studio filmed ads for it and those were a pox for a full month.

I mean you have big actors on Cameo these days, it's basically the same thing

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

its insanely amusing to me watching new people run into Capcom's standard mtx practice in every single game they've published since fully digital storefronts have been a thing.

Capcom gonna capcom

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

feel like a lot of the people doing it have been here before

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I call them scamcom

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don’t know why people are surprised. Their name literally comes from Capitalist Company

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it's capitalism/communism

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

Because nobody really cares about the Yakuza series, so people just sighed and moved on.

Mickey Mouse, Mario, Goku, Kazuma Kiryu, Superman, Batman, and Spiderman. These are the 7 wonderous men of media that all people know and all humans can be sorted into their houses.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Outside of the mtx, I think it's pretty funny that I've seen at least one site post a guide on how to go into the game files and what save files to delete so you can start a new game because people are expecting to rush through the opening of the game and get to the first city so they can tell if the game will even run on their computers in time to refund, to the point that Capcom had to specifically address that they were looking into implementing a way to start a new game is funny

Really though modern graphics games should have some test scene before you play the game or as the start of the game that has the maximum complexity of the game to see how things run in the heaviest load it has.

I think Horizon Zero Dawn had something like that, maybe God of War too?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

just remembered how dd1 had 7 packs of quest dlcs that added 10 quests each to the game. all 70 quests were, to pick up a shiny rock hidden on the ground somewhere

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

homeless snail posted:

feel like a lot of the people doing it have been here before

capcom used its magical ability that wipe people's memories so they could relive the first time they got outraged

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

dumb poo poo only matters the first time you do it, every time after that you’re supposed to get a free pass

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fajita Queen posted:

Anything is playable on steam deck if you try hard enough

Fair, but the Steam Deck hardware isn't powerful enough to play DD2 really.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Really though modern graphics games should have some test scene before you play the game or as the start of the game that has the maximum complexity of the game to see how things run in the heaviest load it has.

I think Horizon Zero Dawn had something like that, maybe God of War too?

Honestly yeah, I think more PC games, especially ones with high requirements, should have if not benchmark programs, then tests in the game itself

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Waffleman_ posted:

Honestly yeah, I think more PC games, especially ones with high requirements, should have if not benchmark programs, then tests in the game itself

Thing is a lot of the benchmarking Youtubers won't use those scenes because they're not representative of gameplay, so at the end of the day what's the point. Though people did use the Horizon one because Meridian is so much more demanding than anywhere else in the game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what the gently caress... asmongold was right this game is woke. refunded

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
First I saw Limes was in it, now Korone.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
I'm very excited to finally be playing 4D Golf which released today. Just so many movement/visualization tools to make the 4D world barely graspable.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Jay Rust posted:

This is all my fault. I bought an extra costume for the handler in monster hunter world. I think that told capcom to keep doing this kind of thing.

What was I supposed to do? NOT buy the Demoness outfit?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I think I bought the re2 outfit bundle because it was on sale for like a dollar. I’m sorry to the gamers I’ve harmed through my actions.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

DLC?? MORE LIKE DLPEEE!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Where are all the uploadable content options?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

goatface posted:

Where are all the uploadable content options?

mario maker

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo does it again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

RollerCoaster Tycoon, one of the best games ever made don't fight me, is 25 years old today.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Waffleman_ posted:

RollerCoaster Tycoon, one of the best games ever made don't fight me, is 25 years old today.

:yeah:

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

lmao this is psychotic!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Isn't it the opposite? Seems very kind he included wheelchairs and assistants for blocks that need them. Psychopaths wouldn't bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

He only uses the wheelchairs as a tool to make the player feel bad, which is actually just because the player did all of the terrible things to begin with. Also he is also the player too.