Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Sixty bucks for a game I can beat in a day lmfao

I think it's supposed to be a game meant for children so it's a little too advanced for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I shant buy the Peach Cocomelon game so my hatred of women will not be cured at this moment

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Spanish Manlove posted:

I think it's supposed to be a game meant for children so it's a little too advanced for you

:stare:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mister Facetious posted:

My six year old nephew did this with Kirby Star Allies

Okay but did he beat Soul Melter EX?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Alan_Shore posted:

Don't be silly.

HALF a day lol

£25 sure, £50 get the hell out of here

Too late. Already spent a voucher on it. Bring on the Princess Peach dressup game!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Even when I was 12 8 hours of gaming a day seems like a lot.

But I can beat Super Mario World in 10 minutes so that trash should be free on Nintendo Switch Online.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is there any depth to the game? The demo seemed like it was nothing but walk up to an enemy and mash a button and go to the next enemy. That plus the endless dialogue made me turn it off.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is there gonna be a Peach game amiibo?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can beat the original the original Kirby Gameboy game in like 15 minutes.
It should have been $0.25 lmao Nintendo more like FAILtenDONT

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Spanish Manlove posted:

Even worse than that, female children :barf:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
One bit of fun trivia: The director of Showtime is the former director of the Goemon series, stepping back into the director's chair for the first time in a good quarter-century.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

As long as it’s fun, that’s fine. Do we know if there are collectibles or any extra challenges or anything?

Each stage has 10 diamonds or coins or whatever to find, dunno about other challenges. There is a demo if you're curious

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Cojawfee posted:

Is there any depth to the game? The demo seemed like it was nothing but walk up to an enemy and mash a button and go to the next enemy. That plus the endless dialogue made me turn it off.

Did you get to the second level? It’s completely different from the first one. Each of the outfits is going to have a different method of control, the trailers have shown off a bunch of them

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

That rules. Loved those games.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hmmm today i will check the Nintendo thread regarding the delightful and whimsical new Princess Peach game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Maroon Hawk posted:

kirby and the forgotten land can be beaten in a day and it’s the greatest game on the system

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ya should all get Pentiment it loving rules

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Oh drat! Really?
I wasn't too interested in the Peach game beforehand, but I might actually give it a try later if he's the one directing it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Looking forward to the Princess Peach game, as is my daughter.

Likely A Good Game for the Nintendo Switch: the Family Gaming Console For Families And Children.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

I'm not sure I like that Nintendo hides these things until people can literally see the credit, but I do also love Nintendo getting poo poo like this, a small Dragon Quest team making the Super Mario RPG remake, or that they hunted down and found the Another Code devs hiding in Arc-Sys and got them to do a full remake.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

otter posted:

Basically what my wife does with ranch dressing.

Post/av combo.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Cojawfee posted:

You'll likely over-cook and under-decorate the cakes without meeting the time limit if you just button mash randomly, but you might not have made it to the second level I guess. Like if you thought the first level was all there was to the game and stopped there.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ya should all get Pentiment it loving rules

:hmmyes:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Cojawfee posted:

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest is Good, Actually. :colbert:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Maroon Hawk posted:

they should make more of these

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I can beat TotK faster than Skyward Sword, don’t know why everyone was so gassed up about it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Or in a week or longer, if you have a life.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
did that goemon spiritual sequel game come out?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Legend of the Mystical Princess starring Peach

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Cojawfee posted:

I dunno man I think FF7 Rebirth is doing pretty well.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
IMO the Peach game shouldn't even start to get fun until 15 hours in, at a minimum.

You should be forced to acquire blueprints for each outfit and then grind for resources to craft the outfits. Also the outfits should have stamina bars.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Yes but it’s still Japan only afaik

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So aside from being on the short and simple side is the Peach game at least fun (and is the cake minigame the most annoying part about it)?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The demo was a blast and stuffed to the gills with charm and polish

I’d gladly pay full price for 20+ hours of that, but if it’s as short as the reviews are saying, I’ll probably hold off for a sale or used copy

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

IMO the Peach game shouldn't even start to get fun until 15 hours in, at a minimum.

You should be forced to acquire blueprints for each outfit and then grind for resources to craft the outfits. Also the outfits should have stamina bars.

Don't forget wear from weapon use, and premium currency for cosmetics

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

The Maroon Hawk posted:

The demo was a blast and stuffed to the gills with charm and polish

I’d gladly pay full price for 20+ hours of that, but if it’s as short as the reviews are saying, I’ll probably hold off for a sale or used copy

To be fair, that's perfectly fine. Back before I had a paying job, I often had to get anything interesting on sale or used, and I'm glad that today I have a choice.

Doesn't mean I don't like Peach game or anything, in fact, it's on my wishlist right now. Also doesn't mean I have to absolutely buy everything I like all at once, like some deranged billionaire video gamer.

Anyway, back in the day it was completely common for the Man to demand you pay the equivalent of 60 bucks for something that only lasted a couple hours. For example, Axelay for the SNES was a game you could finish easily in under two hours if you knew what you were doing. And I payed approx. 5 EUR (10 DM) for it, used. Instead of paying the original opening price of 100 DM (~50 EUR, with inflation accounted for that's probably 150 bucks at least in modern money)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I used a voucher on it. Today I'll buy another pair and pre-order Luigi's mansion 2 and Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door. Then I will have ordered every announced Nintendo switch game from Nintendo this year

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Soul Dentist posted:

Don't forget wear from weapon use, and premium currency for cosmetics

The crafting should also be a timing-based button-pressing mini-game.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Libluini posted:

To be fair, that's perfectly fine. Back before I had a paying job, I often had to get anything interesting on sale or used, and I'm glad that today I have a choice.

Doesn't mean I don't like Peach game or anything, in fact, it's on my wishlist right now. Also doesn't mean I have to absolutely buy everything I like all at once, like some deranged billionaire video gamer.

Anyway, back in the day it was completely common for the Man to demand you pay the equivalent of 60 bucks for something that only lasted a couple hours. For example, Axelay for the SNES was a game you could finish easily in under two hours if you knew what you were doing. And I payed approx. 5 EUR (10 DM) for it, used. Instead of paying the original opening price of 100 DM (~50 EUR, with inflation accounted for that's probably 150 bucks at least in modern money)

Oh I can definitely afford to grab it new, I just can’t mentally justify $60 on a <10hr game :v: at least not until I’ve cleared out a bit more of my current backlog, lol

Wild to me that video games used to cost about the same amount of nominal dollars in the 90s as they do today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Primcess Princh.