Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RoboCicero posted:

Should I keep toughing it out with the mage class until I get some beefier spells? The flamethrower locks your facing and feels terrible against lots of small guys, while the tiny magic bolts could feel a lot better. The lightning spell is cool but it doesn't appear to find other targets automatically for follow up strikes, so a lot of these goblin fights Kronk is just slicing them up while I plink away.

Also fullscreen doesn't work for me unless I disable my second monitor :shobon: I'm going to look at that goon guide on graphical tweaks, since I 'optimized' my game into looking like rear end lmao

The initial Mage Class you get is kind of best at support stuff more than full 'splosion early on. It gets better later but early on you want to be mostly just buffing/healing. You can unlock Sorcerer very quickly once you get to the capital and that is a bit better if you're looking to rush into the big cool poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I managed to kill like 8 goblins with a single cast of Levin and my pawns were basically doing this

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
My battle cat pawn is listed below, please feel free to use her.
(Please.)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

I wish I realized this before buying a second camping set

Don't even bother carrying one. So far every camp site I've seen has a supply right by it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

explosivo posted:

No, you go on a bit of a trek then a fight happens then it becomes a "We're good here if you want to teleport to the capital with us come along otherwise you can make your own way there"

Does it actually teleport you? Because I said yes, went to sit on the cart, then after 2 minutes of the cart painfully slowly making its way forward, stood up and started walking.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Broken Cog posted:

Does it actually teleport you? Because I said yes, went to sit on the cart, then after 2 minutes of the cart painfully slowly making its way forward, stood up and started walking.

You need to hit a button (Y/△ by default I think) to "doze off" and you'll wake up at the destination

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

After a short period of time on the cart you can select "Doze Off" (Triangle on PS5) which teleports you but has a chance of you being awakened by an ambush.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Man being able to mash two ripe fruit/taters/meat together to make dried versions for more a more potent curative ingredient that doesn’t seem to rot is a game changer early on. No more having to toss out massive piles of rotten stuff because I forgot about it in my inventory!

Also considering how much raw meat I pick up off the floor while cramming bugs into my face to up my carrying capacity I don’t regret making a horrid gremlin Arisen, they’re a menace.

Bussamove fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 22, 2024

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Grondoth posted:

Oh, I'm playing and I feel deeply constrained so far. The theoretical future where I can use mage AND sorcerer spells makes me feel like I need 8 slots instead of 6, and those two extra are SORELY missed already.

They gave us 2ND ED STONESKIN and a holy ball and firewall and a zap ball and how am I supposed to only have 4 of these

hearing 2nd edition stoneskin basically solidified me choosing to start as a Mage, hell yes

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

regarding the slowdown in vernworth, i'm reasonably certain after playing for a while that it's because they're using one of the most bonkers physics sims i've seen in a game. as far as i can tell from overall gameplay, the game is attempting to simulate personal gravity via kinematics, so the position of your legs and where you're being hit from can cause you to topple over, even if it's as something as simple as standing on some jagged rocks while a bog standard goblin hucks a rock at you. the lag's not merely something as simple as the NPCs doing their usual pathfinding routine around the environment, it's them doing their pathfinding routine and also repeatedly checking if they're about to take a tumble or not

i made a joke about this being a hydlidelike before but this truly is the promise of the realistic physics of time and weight being realized

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Vermain posted:

regarding the slowdown in vernworth, i'm reasonably certain after playing for a while that it's because they're using one of the most bonkers physics sims i've seen in a game. as far as i can tell from overall gameplay, the game is attempting to simulate personal gravity via kinematics, so the position of your legs and where you're being hit from can cause you to topple over, even if it's as something as simple as standing on some jagged rocks while a bog standard goblin hucks a rock at you. the lag's not merely something as simple as the NPCs doing their usual pathfinding routine around the environment, it's them doing their pathfinding routine and also repeatedly checking if they're about to take a tumble or not

i made a joke about this being a hydlidelike before but this truly is the promise of the realistic physics of time and weight being realized

That sucks and sounds like something not easily fixed. What an absolute rear end release.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I see the difference between Barrage and Dire shot now; the latter immobilizes you a while.

Dire Shot is fun though, I like making little enemies go flying.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I finally got to an inn. Two people had hired my pawn, including at least one of which who equipped her with new pants! :3: (I hope they're aware that it means they lose those pants. It's a new game so hopefully they're not mad that she took them with her.) I added myself to the spreadsheet but if anyone wants an archer pawn feel free to add her FSBCVU133J2N, or add me on steam so you can hire her for free.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Vermain posted:

thats pretty cool

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Vermain posted:

Jimlit posted:

That sucks and sounds like something not easily fixed. What an absolute rear end release.

hatty posted:

thats pretty cool

Which way western man?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
so there's no eternal ferrystone like in dark arisen?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

nooooooo lil guy!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Game owns incredibly hard. The camping system is a huge QOL boost because campsites are very common and it makes it easier to explore for a long time before going back to a town. Love how pawn quests have added another layer to pimping.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Does anyone know how to trigger springboard on my pawn AI? She says she wants to do it, but I got near her and then she decided to go stab an ogre instead. Is that where the Go command comes in?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Saw a loading screen tip that said something like "Plants that grow wild in your world might be scarce beyond the rift."
Do players get different harvestable plants spawning in each world?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Game owns. I took the cart and I've been running around the city for a while now, so I actually haven't been fighting much. But I did sneak into the castle, and the queen's chamber! The thief camouflage is pretty much invisibility so it's not really that hard to get inside, but it's been very cool.

That said, I did find a weird item (Dragon's gaze) while sneaking around. Has anyone used it yet? I'm wondering how it works does it have a short range? Is it timed? Seems pretty powerful if it's a large area but there's absolutely no indication of how it works once I activate it.

Clocks posted:

I finally got to an inn. Two people had hired my pawn, including at least one of which who equipped her with new pants! :3: (I hope they're aware that it means they lose those pants. It's a new game so hopefully they're not mad that she took them with her.) I added myself to the spreadsheet but if anyone wants an archer pawn feel free to add her FSBCVU133J2N, or add me on steam so you can hire her for free.

Where can I find the spreadsheet? I might be blind (and on mobile since every resource on my PC is currently busy with something else) but I didn't find it in the OP.

I tried to make a Danny DeVito looking pawn but wasn't super successful. I still like my weird toad man fighter, but I'm pretty sure no one is going to hire the poor dude.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
https://youtu.be/HtGpp1v8c_k

Definitely in need of some performance patches.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Iymarra posted:

My battle cat pawn is listed below, please feel free to use her.
(Please.)

Missed opportunity to call her Phalynx, IMO.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
People playing this game right now instead of being stuck doing work are fake queens tryna take my arisen throne

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I am like nine seconds from scouring the internet for those little bugs and for the disks to get the better rings, just to do anything to Jesus loving Christ raise my carry limit.

Game owns 11/10.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Btw if you are stressing about giving the carry weight beetles to yourself or your Pawn, it applies to both of you so munch that poo poo up.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is the top one...random?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Can you hire pawns from people on other systems or are you stuck with only people who have pawns on the same system as you?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish for there to be a mod that allows a first person view for when you're in the capital. The city is way too beautiful and immersive. Capcom went hard on this place, and its wonderful.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

Can you hire pawns from people on other systems or are you stuck with only people who have pawns on the same system as you?

I don't have a source for this since I don't remember where I read it but I believe at some point in pre-release it was mentioned that it's cross-platform.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I think you need a pawn code for cross platform pawnage

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Had a great time playing last night. It's far from perfect but man, it is so goddamn Dragons Dogma (by the way looked up what he's called in Japan to see if it had a different name but it's just Doragonzu Doguma which I humbly propose should replace the English name in the thread title).

Performance is what people were saying. Looks okay, I'm getting a locked sixty in the wilderness and thirty to forty in town with picture quality on max and every setting on high, no ray tracing. The VRAM warning can safely be ignored, as reported its the CPU, my GPU didn't even work particularly hard. They need to fix the performance in town, frankly, I'm not letting them slide on that but it's been completely playable. Also, I'm not getting big stutters. It's a relatively smooth drop and it stays stable around thirty to forty in town.

Playing as a Thief for the first time (well I guess it's a new class but all I played in the first one was fighter). Really enjoying their tools, extremely happy with that choice. Combat is really really fun, ALTHOUGH I am finding it a bit easy. I've died all of one time after falling off a cliff, and I've amassed a massive pool of health items already straining my inventory.

To be fair I did run away from a minitaur without fighting it because I decided my squad wasn't ready, but mostly I've just been stomping. Maybe I should push into higher level areas.

The music and world design is superb, the quest system is extremely this game which is great, overall loving it despite it's weaknesses, just like the first game I guess.

E: one more criticism: I really, really wish there was an FOV slider. The camera is too drat close.

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

If anyone needs a mage pawn on the PS5, my code is OLVR30LXUZPL

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
How's the story/world building/context and open world stuff for this adventure?

I want to play it but I'm looking for a game I can play with my partner and she has an issue with Souls games. Talking to her it seems like the problem is that the game just feels like a giant dungeon to her, with opportunities to level up and environmental storytelling but thats it. Her favorite RPG games are Fallout New Vegas and The Witcher 3, which give you a lot of interesting story and a world you can feel immersed in.

Do you get to feel like you're part of a bigger story in this? Or is it more just like you're leveling up to fight the biggest baddest thing in the land and win? Or is it both?

I love Capcom too much to pass this game up, so basically this will decide if I try to force the game on my partner tonight or if I just play it on my own sometime in a few months.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Fighting Elegy posted:

I want to play it but I'm looking for a game I can play with my partner and she has an issue with Souls games. Talking to her it seems like the problem is that the game just feels like a giant dungeon to her, with opportunities to level up and environmental storytelling but thats it. Her favorite RPG games are Fallout New Vegas and The Witcher 3, which give you a lot of interesting story and a world you can feel immersed in.

Do you get to feel like you're part of a bigger story in this? Or is it more just like you're leveling up to fight the biggest baddest thing in the land and win? Or is it both?

I love Capcom too much to pass this game up, so basically this will decide if I try to force the game on my partner tonight or if I just play it on my own sometime in a few months.

It's somewhere in between. The world is alive and there are lots of people to talk to unlike the Souls games, but it is not as narrative heavy as the games you listed as her favorites. I'd say give it a shot.

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014
This link should probably go in the OP : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CPUxGkeK6FHGsSe1igMFOsSc-81RxfUxVHRDqr-KyE4/edit#gid=0

Just add your pawns in there!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Man, I know people tend to get weird over some new game stuff but people are being absolute freaks about this, as if the company that did red orb packs for DMC has sunk to a new low here.

Meanwhile, I'm bashing my face against this cyclops that I know I can take down if I keep at it but if it so much as taps me, I turn into a fine red mist. 11/10 goty.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Fighting Elegy posted:

This is way more like Fallout than Dark Souls, in terms of gameplay I'd say. The combat isn't that hard assuming you are decently leveled.

The story is there, it's okay, it guides you along and there are some good moments, but it's not some grand story with a bunch of cutscenes. Vast majority of the time will be spent adventuring and exploring and kind of creating your own stories. In terms of storytelling it's closer to dark souls but a lot more involved, and yeah the world is kind of a massive dungeon. Honestly doesn't sound like she has a terrible read on the game. Story and quests are there to spur you on into different areas, and a lot of the time there's not a lot to them.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Fighting Elegy posted:

I'd say so, definitely more worldy and characters than Dark Souls by far. Some people even come up to you to ask for stuff without you even asking em first. Other quests you just overhear someone complaining, go talk to them and then they elaborate and ask for help. I had one that was a dude looking for his brother lost in the woods, we went out together, camped, chatted, and then rescued the bro and escorted everyone home. People in town seem to acknowledge each other or when a quest character is missing or back or whatever.

There's a lot more RPGing in this than Dark Souls which is mostly mechanics and vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Here you are
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CPUxGkeK6FHGsSe1igMFOsSc-81RxfUxVHRDqr-KyE4/edit?usp=sharing