Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

😠

Is it really that bad with kbm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Man, I know people tend to get weird over some new game stuff but people are being absolute freaks about this, as if the company that did red orb packs for DMC has sunk to a new low here.

Meanwhile, I'm bashing my face against this cyclops that I know I can take down if I keep at it but if it so much as taps me, I turn into a fine red mist. 11/10 goty.

Don't you understand, every game needs a discourse now to make content off of

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Man, I know people tend to get weird over some new game stuff but people are being absolute freaks about this, as if the company that did red orb packs for DMC has sunk to a new low here.

Meanwhile, I'm bashing my face against this cyclops that I know I can take down if I keep at it but if it so much as taps me, I turn into a fine red mist. 11/10 goty.

I do think the whole "you can't just start a new game" thing is a legit complaint - it's not the only game that's done this but it's always kind of a mystifying decision. Even when it's narratively justified with lots of meta stuff, it's still stupid when you can't just go to the main menu and hit "new game" and be presented with a blank slate.

The microtransaction stuff is definitely blown way out of proportion though. It is stupid but it's also like, I legit would not have even known the game has microtransactions if not for the people talking about it. I bought the game on preorder before they were added to the store page, and the only way I ever would have learned they were there is if, for some reason, I went back to the store page after having already bought the game. There's absolutely nothing in-game about it.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Sab669 posted:

😠

Is it really that bad with kbm?

It's 2024 my dude, just go buy a controller

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The new game thing is definitely a big :confused: from me, but mtx poo poo --- I wonder if these people get super pissed off when they see that a museum also has a gift shop

^I have a controller, I just don't like using them.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pack of harpies put my whole gang to sleep in the starting region :(

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man some of the cave design in this game is cool as hell. Freaking 3 level caves with two boss-level monsters in it. Sick poo poo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man some of the cave design in this game is cool as hell. Freaking 3 level caves with two boss-level monsters in it. Sick poo poo.

God yes, the caves are awesome.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I dunno, to me most people seem pissed about the performance and seeing how RE4 and DMC5 didn’t get review-bombed, I’m going to say the performance is the real issue people are pissed about.

All the people posting in here with the 3080’s and 4090’s and equivalent processors acting like the performance is fine is wild.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does anyone have any tricks for getting 2000 RC? I need myself a pair of glasses.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Pack of harpies put my whole gang to sleep in the starting region :(

:darksouls:

I mean, the real Dragon's Dogma starts now!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Jack Trades posted:

Does anyone have any tricks for getting 2000 RC? I need myself a pair of glasses.

this seems like the safest bet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgxVPOfgSEY

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The trick appears to be to have the AMD 7800x3D for your CPU. With an RTX 4070Ti, and DLSS enabled, I am getting 120fps in the capital city.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I said come in! posted:

The trick appears to be to have the AMD 7800x3D for your CPU. With an RTX 4070Ti, and DLSS enabled, I am getting 120fps in the capital city.

i have a 5800x3d and i'm getting like 20 lol

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Is that even including being near the the greater riftstone? That part of town seems particularly heavy.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm getting thirty to forty in the big city on a very old i7-8700k. Didn't turn DLSS on since it didn't seem necessary, but I don't think that's what is helping. If it's truly CPU calculations then DLSS would make no difference, I think?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Is that even including being near the the greater riftstone? That part of town seems particularly heavy.

Now that part I am just now discovering still tanks my performance but keeps it above 60fps. Its not even the most impressive or biggest building in the city too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Play posted:

I'm getting thirty to forty in the big city on a very old i7-8700k. Didn't turn DLSS on since it didn't seem necessary, but I don't think that's what is helping. If it's truly CPU calculations then DLSS would make no difference, I think?

Kinda, but yeah in this case not really. Its a CPU problem that hopefully Capcom can fix.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Now that part I am just now discovering still tanks my performance but keeps it above 60fps. Its not even the most impressive or biggest building in the city too.

Yeah, that's similar to my experience on a 7900X and 4080. Game just needs some patchin'.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Play posted:

yeah the city is actually not very graphically demanding compared to the random outdoors areas for whatever reason

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I literally don't understand the whining about DLC. I've played 20+ hours, and I didn't even know the game HAD DLC before the shitshow kicked off, so that's how aggressively it's "shoving it in your face". And I have never even felt the slightest urge to buy a single one of the things.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
What's the shortcut for lighting and extinguishing your lantern on PS5? I've already forgotten.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darth Walrus posted:

What's the shortcut for lighting and extinguishing your lantern on PS5? I've already forgotten.

L1 + dpad right

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

L1 + dpad right

Ta.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I literally don't understand the whining about DLC. I've played 20+ hours, and I didn't even know the game HAD DLC before the shitshow kicked off, so that's how aggressively it's "shoving it in your face". And I have never even felt the slightest urge to buy a single one of the things.

It's people who haven't, like, actually played it. Because any worries you have about the DLC go away when you realize it's paying for like... basically nothing. They even COULD be jerks about it and throw in a prompt to buy a wakestone at the continue screen. God, they could've even told you when your last save or inn stay was. But no, you have to go out of your way to buy it and can get everything there for less effort and time in-game. Out of all the issues to have, it's the least impactful.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lord Packinham posted:

All the people posting in here with the 3080’s and 4090’s and equivalent processors acting like the performance is fine is wild.

Are there people doing this? Seems like most people here are in agreement that the performance is not okay.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Do you lose your camping kit if you get ambushed when camping?

I made camp outside this little hut by the river and then woke up to ghosts screaming and goblins throwing fire pots and the camping kit was gone from inventory and I couldn't see it around the campfire, although it was dark so I might have missed it. Wound up just running through the night to the capital with barely any health because of an ogre.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does RC still update during sleep?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I think enemies can destroy your camping kit

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Shyrka posted:

Do you lose your camping kit if you get ambushed when camping?

I made camp outside this little hut by the river and then woke up to ghosts screaming and goblins throwing fire pots and the camping kit was gone from inventory and I couldn't see it around the campfire, although it was dark so I might have missed it. Wound up just running through the night to the capital with barely any health because of an ogre.

Yeah that was explained to me from a friend. It's part of the reason why the tutorial tooltip for the camps says you should probably clear the area before pitching a tent. Otherwise for an uneventful night, you keep your camping kit for another night.

Edit: You also don't lose it if you set up camp, cook to get buffs and then break camp without sleeping. Useful when you need a little oomph for an upcoming challenging fight.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 22, 2024

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm on a 3070 which you can get for under $400 these days and a 5600x cpu which is under $150 and performance is fine :shobon: dips a bit in the city but still playable (45-50 fps). Stuttering went away when I turned off data harvesting.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

I said come in! posted:

That's my CPU and it still runs like poo poo :shrug:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Jack Trades posted:

Does RC still update during sleep?

When sleeping at an Inn, camping won't updat3 your pawn.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Started as a thief, enjoyed being able to dodge cancel and attack from dodging and jump over enemies and stabbing the poo poo out of them. Went to try out warrior for some vocation grinding and I'm loving how your charge attacks massively buff your defense so I'm leaving big fights with like 2% loss on my healthbar. Decisions decisions...

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Something about my character, either their knee and elbow angle or their posture, looks so wrong when they're running. Gotta get me a metamorphosis stone

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Play posted:

Something about my character, either their knee and elbow angle or their posture, looks so wrong when they're running. Gotta get me a metamorphosis stone

the human female running/walking animations are just really weird i think, it wouldn't surprise me if it's an issue with the other characters too

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Had a drag-out brawl with an ogre last night where my party got kicked to death repeatedly and I barely managed to finish it off without burning a wakestone. When I revived my pawn, she helpfully told me that various materials can be combined into different items. This game is incredible.

If you want to hire my cat wizard, the id is W988C1GUU9O7. I'm assuming that's the letter O and not a zero.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Motherfucker just threw me into the wall like a loving lawn dart. Like Kevin Nash and Rey Misterio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're
Tip for fighters that it took me too long to figure out: when you’re holding up your shield do not ignore the “shield direction” prompt on b/circle. Will instantly pivot you in the direction you’re pressing the analog stick towards and makes it WAY easier to not get stabbed in the back by a goblin because you’re trying to lower your shield, rotate and raise shield again to face threats.