Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

shadow puppet of a posted:

A trawler? Ukraine knows no limit to its savagery going after Russia's already overtaxed fishbloc infrastructure. Let a boat cube fish and other assorted marine life in peace please.

Those "trawlers" certainly go on fishing expeditions, just not for actual fish.

One less is great news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Where is Bush's "Mission Accomplished" banner? Putin can hang it up on the Moskva while what's left of the mobiks return home.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Sedgr posted:

Where is Bush's "Mission Accomplished" banner? Putin can hang it up on the Moskva while what's left of the mobiks return home.

it’s at the gw presidential library, amusingly locked away outside of public view

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

zone posted:

gently caress off idiots, how else are they going to pressure vatnikstan enough to make them stop, especially after you morons ballsed it up with providing military aid?

A cynical view of it is that the extremely lowered supply will cause whatever remains of Russian oil products to actually be worth a drat, because India and China--who are buying tons of Russian oil at wholesale prices because if the embargoes--will have to move to legitimate markets and compete with the rest of the globe for OPEC standard oils, as the cheap tap's been sabotaged shut. At least that's my unprofessional read on it.

Tai posted:

Just a heads up but Russia has banned the export of gasoline for 6 months.

Diesel as well? I'm sure there's still outgoing petroleum products, and I suspect they'll start exporting unrefined just to keep money rolling in, especially since they won't be able to keep up with the refinement if the drone strikes continue.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The majority of Russian exports were always oil, not gasoline. The strikes mainly affect domestic consumption

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

I'm sure the House of Representatives will get right on passing that Ukraine bill.

*checks news*

Oh. Oh dear.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

That is big dick energy, kinda like "our refinery successfully intercepted the drone and destroyed it" kinda energy

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

steinrokkan posted:

The majority of Russian exports were always oil, not gasoline. The strikes mainly affect domestic consumption

I see this is repeated bewilderingly often and it's simply not true.

Before the export ban, refined petroleum products accounted for about a third of total Russian petroleum revenues.

It's true that crude petroleum exports are much larger by volume, but that's an irrelevant metric.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Lol macron is going "idk why Russian authorities are so nervous and weak willed" after they made direct threats to nuke France which is exactly how Russia should be handled.

e: not discussing macrons merits or lack thereof but in that particular instance i'm handing it to him.

rowkey bilbao fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 22, 2024

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

rowkey bilbao posted:

Lol macron is going "idk why Russian authorities are so nervous and weak willed" after they made direct threats to nuke France which is exactly how Russia should be handled.

macron finally doing something cool and good after however many years

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Bets on Russia blaming Ukraine for this concert bombing

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tai posted:

For which concert bombing?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

RoyKeen posted:

For which concert bombing?

https://ria.ru/20240322/strelba-1935038454.html

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Tai posted:

No.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
there's actually a huge and long history of military officers betting on stuff they're doing. but it's a lot of boring and protracted operations: sieges, that sorta thing, where that happens, afaict

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Smells of the FSB at work to me.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://x.com/OzKaterji/status/1771239820909519256?s=20

Oz is right.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

zone posted:

A nice excuse for conscripting in Moscow & St Petersburg. :nsa: :blyat:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

zone posted:

The current war in Ukraine formally started because of Ukrainian military using artillery to strike a border Russian control base.

So obviously Tsar Shitpants goes for another USSR-Russia classic "residential bombings and terror attacks in Moscow and St. Petersburg".

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
ruzzia punching themselves in the face, classic case.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i doubt that it's a false flag, because us was warning about possible attack on public venues last weekend, and if it was a false flag they would have said so

https://ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/international/2024/03/08/u-s--warning-attack-large-gatherings-moscow

letting a known terrorist plot go forward to build a narrative is pretty on brand for putin

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Der Kyhe posted:

The current war in Ukraine formally started because of Ukrainian military using artillery to strike a border Russian control base.

So obviously Tsar Shitpants goes for another USSR-Russia classic "residential bombings and terror attacks in Moscow and St. Petersburg".

I wonder what Strelkov must be thinking at this moment, or if he's flashing back to Ryazan sugar after all

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

zone posted:

Could also be a mob hit or insurgents from the Caucasus. We can't know yet.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i doubt that it's a false flag, because us was warning about possible attack on public venues last weekend, and if it was a false flag they would have said so

https://ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/international/2024/03/08/u-s--warning-attack-large-gatherings-moscow

letting a known terrorist plot go forward to build a narrative is pretty on brand for putin

It’s also possible that they just weren’t able to stop it.

Gath
Sep 23, 2009
Terrorist attack in moscow going on right now. Careful on looking for videos. Its not good. 230p. Est

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

So this warning was accurate.

https://twitter.com/TravelGov/status/1765839290435604754

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Way too early to draw conclusions about who did it or if the FSB was involved, but one thing is certain: Putin is going to spin this in a way that benefits him.

Gath
Sep 23, 2009

Unfortunately dead on. Still unsure who or why though.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

spankmeister posted:

Way too early to draw conclusions about who did it or if the FSB was involved, but one thing is certain: Putin is going to spin this in a way that benefits him.

As opposed to what? Taking responsiblity?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
watch putin start a loving war

wait

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Three Olives posted:

i doubt its the ukrainians. they seem to be happy targting military and oil stuff. also if it turned out to be them, it would hurt their cause bad. it might be some homegrown fantatics the FSB let fester and then did nothing to stop

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

LordArgh posted:

wait
With the SMO over he did just that :lmao:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Three Olives posted:

No, but straight up lying about who is responsible and manufacturing evidence, for example.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

spankmeister posted:

No, but straight up lying about who is responsible and manufacturing evidence, for example.

yeah, i wouldnt be shocked if the shooters "get away"

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

And it isn't completely far-fetched idea that at least some of those extremist groups are set up and/or inflitrated by FSB plants, to get two birds with the same stone; know who joins such groups and where they are, and manufacture incidents if needed for any reason. Expanding to an actual war, starting larger drafts, enabling even stricter control of civilians and enacting the rest of the martial laws sounds like a very good reason for a dictator.

...And this would not be the first time this has been purposefully done in Russia. This wouldn't be even the first time Putin uses such tactic to get the narrative he wants.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 22, 2024

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

State dept was warning of this type of attack two weeks ago. So Putin will probably blame NATO warlock tower mind control. How else could they have known!? Russian nutjob infosec is practically impenetrable. Either way it'll be a reason to increase conscription to fill out those new battalions they were talking about the other day.

Simultaneously there are warnings to not get fooled into going down to the recruitment centers in Moscow to "update your info" because it's a one way ticket to the front line meat waves.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sedgr posted:

State dept was warning of this type of attack two weeks ago. So Putin will probably blame NATO warlock tower mind control. How else could they have known!? Russian nutjob infosec is practically impenetrable. Either way it'll be a reason to increase conscription to fill out those new battalions they were talking about the other day.

Simultaneously there are warnings to not get fooled into going down to the recruitment centers in Moscow to "update your info" because it's a one way ticket to the front line meat waves.

yeah, i think they will pull "evidence" that NATO was behind it and try to use that as some more justification to attempt to expand the war or some such poo poo, at the very least recruit more meat.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Well, the western countries *were* giving out SIMS expansions for free to everyone in Epic Games store just this week.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

LordArgh posted:

wait
He'll totally become a dictator now

Oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010
In the recent past, terrorist attacks in Russia have tended to originate from Chechnya/the Caucasus, at least officially (for example, the Moscow theater or the Beslan school incidents). Wouldn't really be surprising if this one did as well.

Although sorting out who actually did it is probably always going to be complicated, given it's Russia.

Sir John Falstaff fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 22, 2024