Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

delightful posted:

Rape company thread: ok makes sense
WWE Mecca: People who watch this garbage
This thread: ?????

Lolling at CM Punk. Yes we do need multiple threads to do that in.

https://twitter.com/DMcIntyreWWE/status/1770917940604346783

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Finally a thread where I can feel safe to Yeet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

lol

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

CarlCX posted:

No more posting about posters. No more drowning the WWE thread in shitposts. No more being a loving dickhead to people because they like a company that sucks. Nothing positive is going to come out of any of this continuing. If this thread becomes the same four people talking to each other about the WWE they watched this week, at this point, that's actually preferable to the poo poo you fuckers have been posting every day, which has gotten so beyond the pale bad that mods and admins from other forums altogether have been wondering what the gently caress.

Would've been useful to get some examples of this posting that is so awful that people are coming to spectate it from exotic foreign forums, because I don't remember seeing anything that terrible ITT. But maybe I just have the relevant people on ignore or something? Or maybe I'm just blind to it, but in any case I am confused by what specifically this refers to and what we specifically shouldn't say about the WWE anymore.

In general I'm not sure this policy is going to work terribly well unless there's some kind of safe haven thread for people to talk about the WWE in where nothing negative is allowed, because the WWE sucks poo poo both as a monstrously evil company and as a wrestling promotion that's supposed to put on good wrestling, and I think most people here agree with that, so there's gonna be pushback and dunking on their terrible poo poo. And inevitably also on the people who just want to cheer them on.

Or:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

just let people post about and lol at WWE without taking it seriously and calling it the rape company over and over in fact probe the people that insistently call it the rape company thats weird

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
#StandUpForWWEWatchers

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Would've been useful to get some examples of this posting that is so awful that people are coming to spectate it from exotic foreign forums, because I don't remember seeing anything that terrible ITT. But maybe I just have the relevant people on ignore or something? Or maybe I'm just blind to it, but in any case I am confused by what specifically this refers to and what we specifically shouldn't say about the WWE anymore.

In general I'm not sure this policy is going to work terribly well unless there's some kind of safe haven thread for people to talk about the WWE in where nothing negative is allowed, because the WWE sucks poo poo both as a monstrously evil company and as a wrestling promotion that's supposed to put on good wrestling, and I think most people here agree with that, so there's gonna be pushback and dunking on their terrible poo poo. And inevitably also on the people who just want to cheer them on.

Or:

I think it's poo poo on the product as much as we want, and do, and poo poo on the people in the company, but making GBS threads on other posters and helldumping to the point of hoping they all leave the forum forever and are to be treated like garbage is the line which was crossed.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's like when Ted Turner tried to bully the underdog everyman Vince McMahon out of the wrestling business. Shameful stuff.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It's a shameful thing

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lamuella posted:

It's a shameful thing

Lobster head.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Hirez posted:

The Beepie Thread

Always has been

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lamuella posted:

It's a shameful thing

You know, I'll be damned if towards the end of my watching this dreck if they weren't right. I really DID want Sheamus.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
When I say Uce, y'all say O

Uce

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

O(h no)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

TheKingslayer posted:

You know, I'll be damned if towards the end of my watching this dreck if they weren't right. I really DID want Sheamus.

Honestly from The Bar onwards he found a role he was very good at.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lid posted:

I think it's poo poo on the product as much as we want, and do, and poo poo on the people in the company, but making GBS threads on other posters and helldumping to the point of hoping they all leave the forum forever and are to be treated like garbage is the line which was crossed.

Yeah that makes sense. Anyone trying to smooth over this poo poo should expect some pushback just like anyone posting support for Harvey Weinstein in Cinema Discusso should have, but helldumping people and trying to run them out of the forums is lame as hell.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Long-Time Lurker posted:

#StandUpForWWEWatchers

NienNunb posted:

Finally a thread where I can feel safe to Yeet

Yeet- YEET!

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I like Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, and I want the People’s Champion to become the WWE Champion at Wrestlemania while standing over Cody’s body, making GBS threads on Dusty Rhodes and burying the ring in rubber chickens. Even if this happens, I still wouldn’t watch WWE but I’d read this thread and post IF YA SMELLLLLALALLAOWWW

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Backstage drama has been the most interesting thing about WWE for decades. Anybody who actively engages in this dreck needs to re evaluate their priorities in life. Someone please explain what WWE offers you that you MUST engage?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

ThePariah posted:

I like Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, and I want the People’s Champion to become the WWE Champion at Wrestlemania while standing over Cody’s body, making GBS threads on Dusty Rhodes and burying the ring in rubber chickens. Even if this happens, I still wouldn’t watch WWE but I’d read this thread and post IF YA SMELLLLLALALLAOWWW

Would you believe the Rock isn't even in the title match?
It's amazing, Roman doesn't even have to participate in his feuds anymore!

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

shameful earnest wwe watchers and virtue signalling wwe haters. brought together by their love of posting. but can they coexist?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Lid posted:

activity is shooting up because it's the road to wrestlemania and once some list of superstars get their WrestlemaniaTM moment, activity will dwindle as wwe has another bad post-wrestlemania/summer of writing checks their rear end can't cash

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Coaaab posted:

activity is shooting up because it's the road to wrestlemania and once some list of superstars get their WrestlemaniaTM moment, activity will dwindle as wwe has another bad post-wrestlemania/summer of writing checks their rear end can't cash

sadly I don't think WWE will ever run out of money

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Selling out to TKO brings us closer to WWE being able to die though. While the McMahons had it in their clutches they would have never let it go. Now all it will take is a few bad quarters someday and someone wanting to cut bait and do stock buy backs or something. Some random executive can just decide to shut it all down to boost stock, they will have no personal connection to it or qualms killing it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Tato posted:

Selling out to TKO brings us closer to WWE being able to die though. While the McMahons had it in their clutches they would have never let it go. Now all it will take is a few bad quarters someday and someone wanting to cut bait and do stock buy backs or something. Some random executive can just decide to shut it all down to boost stock, they will have no personal connection to it or qualms killing it.

you either die the WWF, or live long enough to become WCW

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm here to post "I'm glad Kevin Owens continues to get paid" and to cheer on the inexplicable journey of Beepie the Beeper, the little train that couldn't but still did somehow.

I will also laugh at Cody because good god this company really wants me to.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I don't think WWE will ever die but they should sell off the WCW brand to AEW so they can have some actual decent PPV names

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Parallax posted:

I don't think WWE will ever die but they should sell off the WCW brand to AEW so they can have some actual decent PPV names

Aew actually held the rights to a bunch of ppv names that wwe let lapse (big ones being Bash At The Beach, SuperBrawl, Slamboree, BattleBowl, Bunkhouse Stampede, and WrestleWar) through Cody and he traded them all back to wwe in exchange for his last name back. Bash at the Beach was the only one that got used, tho WrestleWar was scheduled for 2020 in new orleans as a special Dynamite before covid hit. I believe but don't know for sure that AEW still holds the WrestleWar trademark.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 22, 2024

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Looking over the announced card for Mania, I would imagine there will at least be a few matches each night that will be fun to watch.

Matches that look like they could be good:
Gunther v Sami Zayn
Clusterfuck tag title ladder match
Iyo Sky v Bayley
Rhea Riplye v Becky Lynch
then a triple threat with Owens v Orton v Logan Paul will probably have a few fun big spots

That leaves like 4 matches that will be Bloodline poo poo with the tag match, both world titles and the Usos match.

Then Styles v LA Knight lol

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

All I can really say about mania is 💀💀💀💀

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I misread Gunther as Gunner and now I think they should bring back Gunner to fight Gunther and call it a Chops on Cops match.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Per cagematch:

Night 1:
WWE United States Title Triple Threat Match
Logan Paul (c) vs. Randy Orton vs. Kevin Owens

Singles Match
AJ Styles vs. LA Knight

WWE Women's Title Match
IYO SKY (c) vs. Bayley

WWE Women's World Title Match
Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Becky Lynch

Tag Team Match
Cody Rhodes & Seth Rollins vs. The Bloodline (Roman Reigns & The Rock)

Night 2
Singles Match
Jey Uso vs. Jimmy Uso

WWE RAW Tag Team Title / WWE SmackDown Tag Team Title Six-Pack Ladder Match
The Judgment Day (Damian Priest & Finn Balor) (c) vs. Awesome Truth (R-Truth & The Miz) vs. #DIY (Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa) vs. The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods) vs. ??? & ??? vs. ??? & ???

WWE Intercontinental Title Match
Gunther (c) vs. Sami Zayn

WWE World Heavyweight Title Match
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Drew McIntyre

WWE Title / WWE Universal Title Match
Roman Reigns (w/Paul Heyman) (c) vs. Cody Rhodes

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It would be really funny if people started Photoshopping different things into Cody's hand in that whiskey ad.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

https://twitter.com/BruiserBrogan/status/1770893279669649817?t=P2LVZ7QCrNswh3e0pMCR2w&s=19

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Shard posted:

sadly I don't think WWE will ever run out of money
by "activity", i mean the posting from wwe fans that we haven't driven out of this wrestling forum

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gunther murdering Sami is a pretty great match on paper

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It would be really funny if people started Photoshopping different things into Cody's hand in that whiskey ad.

Something funnier than american vodka?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cody is good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i walk a lonely rhode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023