Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Endorph posted:

its not funny that the rock is ripping off bad bits but its funny that cody isnt allowed to have a comeback

It's not funny because I have the sinking feeling that EMF is right and this is their idea of Cody getting his Moment. Just have the heels relentlessly making GBS threads all over him for many years, winning awful feuds and now cutting hours upon hours of terrible TV drama promos on him but it's OK, he gets the lovely belt.

The last five or so years undone by a picture of a smiling Cody on the WM-branded turnbuckle, raising however many titles with the words "Worth it!" written over them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that being their idea of cody getting his moment is also funny

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

chodeh..

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Grendels Dad posted:

It's not funny because I have the sinking feeling that EMF is right and this is their idea of Cody getting his Moment. Just have the heels relentlessly making GBS threads all over him for many years, winning awful feuds and now cutting hours upon hours of terrible TV drama promos on him but it's OK, he gets the lovely belt.

The last five or so years undone by a picture of a smiling Cody on the WM-branded turnbuckle, raising however many titles with the words "Worth it!" written over them.

It's working for EMF

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ideally I wouldn't be breathing the same air as anyone who has ever popped for a WWE nut shot but I understand the world doesn't bend around me

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

you’re right that this thread will never be anything but sniping people and “i don’t watch” posts but the wwe mecca is just poo poo posting. i’ll leave this one and go there and talk to myself i don’t care. better than unfunny jokes and actually mad posting in here.

I thought you were gimmick posting all this time, I'm confused now, is this a kayfabe thing?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Ideally I wouldn't be breathing the same air as anyone who has ever popped for a WWE nut shot but I understand the world doesn't bend around me

you not a fan of cinema?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTQuLWRjE3k&t=125s

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/father/status/1563344517029572609?lang=en

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
drat, missed another patented misunderstanding of "no ethical consumption under capitalism" argument by a Fed fan.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Cavauro posted:

i'm pretty sure there's a wrestling thread in gbs that's probably full of poz vibes if it's still there

this is the real answer

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

This shirt rules

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

MJeff posted:

If anything, this thread is far, far, far too gentle with the "what a show, I love Fartsie McShubba, Michael Hickenbottom is cookin'!" posters, who all know exactly what they're doing, as evidenced by the multiple times they've all been probed for poo poo-stirring.

There is one truth in this post, and it's the degree to which there should have been more probations to make clear what was and wasn't acceptable in this subforum.

Erin and I have been talking for weeks about the dogpiling, shitposting bullying in the WWE threads getting out of hand, but we've been reluctant to hit it because we like this community, we hate heavy-handed moderation, and working through problems communally is ideal. We're now in agreement that was a mistake, because they grew until we arrived at a point where this thread is loving unreadable and people are posting about how it is actually imperative to bully people who watch the WWE out of the forum as a communal good.

And this is just as much our fault, because we should have been probing people for being shitheads to people a long time ago, and we didn't. I apologize for our failure to do our jobs properly. Erin is on vacation away from buttons, and I have been modding all of this poo poo between running my fiancee in and out of hospitals, this post is already too long, and I am very, very tired, so rather than getting into the weeds, I'm just gonna be blunt.

The WWE loving sucks. It's a gross company. It deserves anger and scorn. Posting about the realities of the WWE being a bad company run by bad people is fine.

Yelling at people who watch the WWE is not. Bullying people off the forum because they like the WWE is not. Turning the WWE threads into unreadable messes of shitposting is not. If you have arrived at a point where you are unironically posting about the moral rectitude of running WWE watchers off of an internet forum and taking glee in their demise, I urge you to rethink your life.

This is a forum for people to watch and discuss wrestling and combat sports. People are allowed to watch and discuss wrestling and combat sports. The 'everyone is allowed to post about watching the WWE, no one's stopping them, they just have to deal with the consequences' argument was always specious at best and it has been proven pretty thoroughly wrong in practice.

If you don't want to see people talk about the WWE on this forum: Go to any loving other thread in the forum.

No more posting about posters. No more drowning the WWE thread in shitposts. No more being a loving dickhead to people because they like a company that sucks. Nothing positive is going to come out of any of this continuing. If this thread becomes the same four people talking to each other about the WWE they watched this week, at this point, that's actually preferable to the poo poo you fuckers have been posting every day, which has gotten so beyond the pale bad that mods and admins from other forums altogether have been wondering what the gently caress.

I have to be up at 6 AM to go back to the hospital. I am eating a sandwich and going to bed. I'll see you all in the feedback thread tomorrow afternoon regarding my being a bad mod.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
just let people post about and lol at WWE without taking it seriously and calling it the rape company over and over in fact probe the people that insistently call it the rape company thats weird

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Posting outside the don't watch thread because lol at watching this it's funny to make fun and terrible but I'm glad the mods and admins have decided seriously gently caress off because the toxicness was asinine.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Can I still post lovely NXT clips

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CarlCX posted:

There is one truth in this post, and it's the degree to which there should have been more probations to make clear what was and wasn't acceptable in this subforum.

Erin and I have been talking for weeks about the dogpiling, shitposting bullying in the WWE threads getting out of hand, but we've been reluctant to hit it because we like this community, we hate heavy-handed moderation, and working through problems communally is ideal. We're now in agreement that was a mistake, because they grew until we arrived at a point where this thread is loving unreadable and people are posting about how it is actually imperative to bully people who watch the WWE out of the forum as a communal good.

And this is just as much our fault, because we should have been probing people for being shitheads to people a long time ago, and we didn't. I apologize for our failure to do our jobs properly. Erin is on vacation away from buttons, and I have been modding all of this poo poo between running my fiancee in and out of hospitals, this post is already too long, and I am very, very tired, so rather than getting into the weeds, I'm just gonna be blunt.

The WWE loving sucks. It's a gross company. It deserves anger and scorn. Posting about the realities of the WWE being a bad company run by bad people is fine.

Yelling at people who watch the WWE is not. Bullying people off the forum because they like the WWE is not. Turning the WWE threads into unreadable messes of shitposting is not. If you have arrived at a point where you are unironically posting about the moral rectitude of running WWE watchers off of an internet forum and taking glee in their demise, I urge you to rethink your life.

This is a forum for people to watch and discuss wrestling and combat sports. People are allowed to watch and discuss wrestling and combat sports. The 'everyone is allowed to post about watching the WWE, no one's stopping them, they just have to deal with the consequences' argument was always specious at best and it has been proven pretty thoroughly wrong in practice.

If you don't want to see people talk about the WWE on this forum: Go to any loving other thread in the forum.

No more posting about posters. No more drowning the WWE thread in shitposts. No more being a loving dickhead to people because they like a company that sucks. Nothing positive is going to come out of any of this continuing. If this thread becomes the same four people talking to each other about the WWE they watched this week, at this point, that's actually preferable to the poo poo you fuckers have been posting every day, which has gotten so beyond the pale bad that mods and admins from other forums altogether have been wondering what the gently caress.

I have to be up at 6 AM to go back to the hospital. I am eating a sandwich and going to bed. I'll see you all in the feedback thread tomorrow afternoon regarding my being a bad mod.

im also eating a sandwich

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lid posted:

Posting outside the don't watch thread because lol at watching this it's funny to make fun and terrible but I'm glad the mods and admins have decided seriously gently caress off because the toxicness was asinine.

what are you saying?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Pylons posted:

you can post NXT clips, yes

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pylons posted:

You mean regular NXT clips?

Ah gently caress beaten to the easy joke

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Be A Star like The Big Dog The Tribal Chief The Enforcer of the Shield The Guy The Powerhouse The Thoroughbred The Juggernaut The Rock's Cousin and stand up against bullying on your forum

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The337th fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 22, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
lol roman reigns entire character is that he's a bully

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Maybe I misinterpreted and he's actively bullying in that picture

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kinda crazy other mods were coming to gawk at any of that considering the psycho poo poo people post all over this website. Feels fake and dumb.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

The337th posted:

Maybe I misinterpreted and he's actively bullying in that picture

Roman Reigns: Cyberbully would be the most interesting his character has ever been.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
remembering when they used ultimate "i hope bobby heenan dies painfully from his cancer" warrior's likeness for the breast cancer awareness campaign

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rotinaj posted:

That one looks white to me, but I will accept that.

The UFWU maybe coulda picked a less nazi-looking eagle.

It's Aztec

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I'm tired of these jokes about my giant neck tattoo the first such incident occurred in 2020 when

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I skipped the last page and a half but it takes roughly two minutes to lol at a raw summary and post in the thread that the product is bad. No one is spending 14 hours doing this and thinking that people are is pretty telling lol.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

PneumonicBook posted:

I skipped the last page and a half but it takes roughly two minutes to lol at a raw summary and post in the thread that the product is bad. No one is spending 14 hours doing this and thinking that people are is pretty telling lol.

There already exists a rape company thread, so the few people who post here who watch WWE aren't wrong in wanting a space to talk about the things they are watching.

I don't think we need any more threads, it's already pretty clear to me: WWE thread and rape company thread. But the people who want to tell you who how much better than you they are don't want to talk in that thread, they want to post in this thread to tell you how awful you are for watching. Threadban yea ok and the other loving toxic losers and make them post in the thread designated for that specific chat.

Pre-emptive "how dare you call ME toxic? You're defending the rape company!!!!!" no im not. You're just loving awful. I hope every single loving person responsible for crimes is brought to justice, but until that happens, keep your poo poo to the thread its supposed to me in

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

delightful posted:

There already exists a rape company thread, so the few people who post here who watch WWE aren't wrong in wanting a space to talk about the things they are watching.

I don't think we need any more threads, it's already pretty clear to me: WWE thread and rape company thread. But the people who want to tell you who how much better than you they are don't want to talk in that thread, they want to post in this thread to tell you how awful you are for watching. Threadban yea ok and the other loving toxic losers and make them post in the thread designated for that specific chat.

Pre-emptive "how dare you call ME toxic? You're defending the rape company!!!!!" no im not. You're just loving awful. I hope every single loving person responsible for crimes is brought to justice, but until that happens, keep your poo poo to the thread its supposed to me in

Lol Jesus christ

It's possible many people think the product is loving awful too yknow? So they'd post here, about the bad wrestling.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

PneumonicBook posted:

Lol Jesus christ

It's possible many people think the product is loving awful too yknow? So they'd post here, about the bad wrestling.

Then by all means post about bad product. "Bad product" is actually discussing WWE.

Edit: "Virtue signaling" is a term that gets thrown around way too much but is super applicable to the regulars in this thread who just want to remind people how awful people are for consuming product, regardless of whether it is good product or bad product. Can we discuss good or bad product without saying every single 800ish employees of WWE are rapists?

delightful fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 22, 2024

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

delightful posted:

Then by all means post about bad product. "Bad product" is actually discussing WWE.

Edit: "Virtue signaling" is a term that gets thrown around way too much but is super applicable to the regulars in this thread who just want to remind people how awful people are for consuming product, regardless of whether it is good product or bad product. Can we discuss good or bad product without saying every single 800ish employees of WWE are rapists?

I don't think anyone is saying that, but when Nick Khan is one of the people who was covering up the crimes, and knowledge of what was going on was widespread in the company, and so much of the company's on screen product, including the sexualization of its developmental product was done to appeal to its predator owner (and we have recently seen evidence resurface of what happened behind the scenes when that happened with the Diva Search) and his top guys, discussing WWE without the lens of the widespread sexual misconduct in the company is just silly.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

delightful posted:

I think for most non-Fedpilled wrestling fans, despite knowing WWE had already committed some seriously heinous poo poo, Vince's recent crimes were just so inconceivably terrible that we can't brain how people can still consume the product without really giving that much of a poo poo about any of it other than the disclaimer that they, too, hope the criminals will be brought to justice.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I think for most non-Fedpilled wrestling fans, despite knowing WWE had already committed some seriously heinous poo poo, Vince's recent crimes were just so inconceivably terrible that we can't brain how people can still consume the product without really giving that much of a poo poo about any of it other than the disclaimer that they, too, hope the criminals will be brought to justice.

Me too! I'd love to see Vince guillotined on live TV and forever disgraced. I see there is a WWE Mecca thread now, which I've bookmarked but I guess I fail to see why there are 3 threads for WWE.

Rape company thread: ok makes sense
WWE Mecca: People who watch this garbage
This thread: ?????

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

delightful posted:

Me too! I'd love to see Vince guillotined on live TV and forever disgraced. I see there is a WWE Mecca thread now, which I've bookmarked but I guess I fail to see why there are 3 threads for WWE.

It's for making fun of WWE's bad booking.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

delightful posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

We just went over posting about posters. We just did this. I don't care what side it's on. Knock it the gently caress off.

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

So much going on in our world...

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Don't really care for this "WWE" thing. Seems like bad entertainment if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

delightful posted:

The Beepie Thread