Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

duomo posted:

Orioles proceeded to lose this game (Elias loves DeSantis)

https://twitter.com/jcalvinmeyer/status/1770912455285162095

Blech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Eric the Mauve posted:

Please bet on the Angels to lose every game this year and give us a trip report in October on how much money you made.

I'm down to do this, but I'm in California and something apparently happened with my usual guy, so any recommendations on where to go are appreciated

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
https://x.com/bymattweyrich/status/1771226351002948016?s=46&t=qe_Y8YJnNikGLo_JUDPyAQ

This year’s “working on defense” crop looking dope

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I can't wait for Holliday to be down long enough that we don't get a draft pick but he still gets a full year of service time anyway so that we can have loving Kolten Wong on the opening day roster instead. I can feel it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wyatt Langford made the Rangers

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Wyatt Langford made the Rangers

drat I thought he died after he married that old opium grower lady.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

you gotta be kidding me

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Orioles deserve to miss the postseason by a single game for that poo poo

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There was no universe in which Holliday opened the season in the majors

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Orioles subreddit would like you to know that his Spring Training strikeout rate was too high and this is the only reason he isn't breaking camp with the team. and if you disagree you need to Trust The Process

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bawfuls posted:

Will “The Thrill” Ireton was Kenta Maeda’s interpreter while he was on the Dodgers. He seems like a cool dude:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRoHvlnDRY5/?igsh=MzY1NDJmNzMyNQ==

the backboard and EMS kit laying on the floor behind him absolutely make this.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

There was no universe in which Holliday opened the season in the majors

Normally I would agree but they also could’ve signed him to a Chourio deal. He’s ready and it’s dumb to keep him down

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Bregor posted:

Normally I would agree but they also could’ve signed him to a Chourio deal. He’s ready and it’s dumb to keep him down
Not when they're in the middle of an ownership transfer

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Finally someone is exposing the truth

https://twitter.com/timmy_smokes/status/1771185519528980838

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

If Jackson Holiday wanted to make the opening day roster, he should have simply led all of spring training in OPS. :smug:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

this is some quality shitposting

https://twitter.com/timmy_smokes/status/1771186630247710843

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
when has timmysmokes ever lead us astray

there was always going to be another assman22

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
We're going to find out that Shohei Ohtani was really three gambling-addicted gnomes in a trenchcoat who specc'd in illusion.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
But still the Angels lost (because there was a bet on it).

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Shohei in my mind was obviously gambling. I'm not gonna believe all the speculation or possibly false postings until an investigation is done.
However, if the guy was stupid enough to bet on baseball he deserves whatever he gets. Had a few friends working in MLB and they always told me players were even scared to do fantasy because the rules are very strict and posted all over.

However i predict it will come out he was betting through third parties on other sports. At best a slap on the wrist because of local gambling laws.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

If he was betting on baseball, they’ve got a problem they can’t hide - if he wasn’t they’ll try as hard as they can to sweep it under the rug. You gotta think out of his own self-interest he wouldn’t. Hell, they’ll try to do the Jordan thing with him as long as he wasn’t betting on the Angels.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

chilihead posted:

Shohei in my mind was obviously gambling. I'm not gonna believe all the speculation or possibly false postings until an investigation is done.
However, if the guy was stupid enough to bet on baseball he deserves whatever he gets. Had a few friends working in MLB and they always told me players were even scared to do fantasy because the rules are very strict and posted all over.

However i predict it will come out he was betting through third parties on other sports. At best a slap on the wrist because of local gambling laws.

I would absolutely kill to see the draft results from a players fantasy league, though.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Speaking of fantasy baseball I have unlocked hell. I agreed to something called a "slow draft" because some people didn't know how to configure an auto draft. So you draft. One by one. By email. No there is no auto draft configuration.

Love too have to check emails all day on weekends and holidays because someone couldn't use computer

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Sydin posted:

But still the Angels lost (because there was a bet on it).

Next thread title?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Isentropy posted:

Speaking of fantasy baseball I have unlocked hell. I agreed to something called a "slow draft" because some people didn't know how to configure an auto draft. So you draft. One by one. By email. No there is no auto draft configuration.

Love too have to check emails all day on weekends and holidays because someone couldn't use computer

That's an asolutely insane way to do a slow draft in tyool 2024.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

chilihead posted:

I can't tell what's a serious post and what's shitposting anymore

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Look you can't erase the history of the gamblers. Ohtani, Jackson, Rose. You have to tell their story.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This man was essentially dead for four seasons and is now back

https://twitter.com/kevin_barral/status/1771254649321906351?s=20

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Sixto Sanchez, what a boss name.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Inspector_666 posted:

I would absolutely kill to see the draft results from a players fantasy league, though.

Someone go call Tommy Pham

Bregor
May 31, 2013

He got hit with a comebacker in the knee today. Goddamn it

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

James Andrews retiring after the pitch clock is leaving so much money on the table.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I don't understand this when ST is about to wrap up in like 5 days?

https://twitter.com/CespedesBBQ/status/1771272357908246968?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What if the Angels have been a WS team this whole time but Shohei has been sabotaging them. While Rendon was sleeping Shohei used a tiny hammer on his tibia. He exposed Trout to a vial of purified boneitis. He blackmailed Moreno into making bad trades. He stole Pujols's vial of water from the fountain of youth

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

AndrewP posted:

The Orioles subreddit

Oh I'm sure that is a wretched hive of scum and villainy if there ever was one.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Intruder posted:

What if the Angels have been a WS team this whole time

I found a flaw in my musings

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Gonna lol when we find out Shohei has been betting on baseball this whole time, but he's making ridiculous bets on himself like pitching a 9 immaculate inning, 27 K perfect game, or driving in 20 runs in a game.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

bawfuls posted:

I can't tell what's a serious post and what's shitposting anymore

What can't you tell? Major and minor league players are forbidden from gambling but sometimes they do through family,friends or others. Betting on baseball is highly unlikely but if he did it's gonna be a major scandal. I doubt it though.

Edit. I guess i am saying i think he gambled just not on baseball.

chilihead fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 22, 2024

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
This whole thing kicked off because the money came directly from Ohtani's bank account though, so if he was doing it through Ippei he was doing a really bad job of it!

Honestly based on what we have now I'm inclined to believe the initial version of events that was told before lawyers freaked out and got involved: Ippei racked up a ton of debt on sports gambling and either went to Ohtani out of desperation or Ohtani found out about it, Ohtani wanted to help his best friend out and decided to pay the debts himself instead of giving the money to Ippei because he was afraid it would just go into more bets, and oops Ohtani didn't realize that's illegal even if he himself hadn't done any gambling. Everything since has been an attempt at damage control because sticking to the original story means Ohtani did a felony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Hmmmm yes sure that's one theory.

Or Ohtani is a degenerate gambling freak who will stop at nothing to get his fix including forcing his best friend to take the fall under threat of having baseballs thrown at him (once his arm recovers)