Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ignore_Me posted:

Nah, I remember when he made the about face. He got up on the podium on the senate floor and gave a speech about how “I used to be into dope, but now I’m into racism. It’s way heavier man”. Something about the crime bill I think? it was weird.

he once gave a speech for the sons of the confederacy or some poo poo like that where he did a kidding-not kidding about how Delaware would have seceded but unfortunately maryland was in the way and what a doggone shame that was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

he once gave a speech for the sons of the confederacy or some poo poo like that where he did a kidding-not kidding about how Delaware would have seceded but unfortunately maryland was in the way and what a doggone shame that was

that's true about Delaware but hosed up to brag about it

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

:burger: destroy delaware, there is no need for stupid tiny eastern seaboard states, nobody should give a poo poo about maintaining the approximate borders of the historical 13 colonies, d2a d2tze

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I wonder if anyone is going to compare the terrorist attack in Russia today to Oct 7.

:thunk:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Rhode Island? You're going back to Old Island!

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I wonder if anyone is going to compare the terrorist attack in Russia today to Oct 7.

is this a ukrainian thing or a caucasus thing

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Russia is an authoritarian regime so terrorist attacks against it are good.

Israel is a shining liberal democracy so terrorist attacks against it are bad

Behold, the full extent of the liberal worldview

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
A shining liberal democracy run by a bloodthirsty right winger where speech the right wing doesn't approve of is suppressed.

So yeah, just like us. :911:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shut up about Russia/ukraine

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Just get rid of Bibi Netanyahu and all the flak from purity-testing leftists about genocide will go away, because Israel made the desert bloom with its wonderful democracy and everything else is squarely the fault of Netanyahu (and no one else).

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Libs squirming awkwardly as America issues veto after veto to shield Israel, finally getting to breathe a sigh of relief at the Chinese/Russian vetoes of the US resolution. See? They’re exactly the same!

Why did they do this? Well obviously if you’d done the research like I have, you’d understand *pulls out a stack of fu manchu movies*

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

VoicesCanBe posted:

Russia is an authoritarian regime so terrorist attacks against it are good.

Israel is a shining liberal democracy so terrorist attacks against it are bad

Behold, the full extent of the liberal worldview

also imperialism, for which israel is somehow an anti colonial project

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

PhilippAchtel posted:

We've reached the limit of what we can do as regular people. The labor movement in the West should be organizing general strike action over this, but it just isn't, partially because it's questionable if its members would support any assertive action that can't be directly tied to a bigger paycheck.

Yeah labour is pretty much the last lever to pull and even if something ends up happening it's going to take a lot longer than Palestinians have.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

bobtheconqueror posted:

I was able to find the meeting commentary on this here: https://news.un.org/en/story/2024/03/1147856

Annoyingly, I was not able to find the actual text of the US draft proposal. Is that sort of stuff published anywhere? Resolutions that pass are clearly published by the UN, but I'm not seeing the same with ones that do not pass.

I think the text might show up at https://digitallibrary.un.org/searc...t__3=2024&fti=0 eventually. The rejected Algerian proposal from February is listed there, I figure they just haven't made the US resolution available yet.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm annoyed at all the restrictions ITT too. I'd rather be able to repost news from Gaza without having to constantly walk on eggshells to meet the content standards of this thread. However, all of this stuff is getting reposted from twitter and other social media. This thread is not the only place on the internet to get a pro-Palestinian perspective. We shouldn't be posting every image and video of a war crime because we should be respectful of the boundaries of posters on this board. You could be just as informed and even exposed to all the horror if you want, by reading Electronic Intifada.

agreed, I think the pendulum has swung a little too far toward the discomfort free side of things. people are dying to get this poo poo out, as long as things aren’t auto-playing inline it shouldn’t all be filtered out

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

--

PhilippAchtel has issued a correction as of 20:39 on Mar 22, 2024

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
https://twitter.com/RepAOC/status/1771238247449899285

my guess here is that they looked at the numbers and publicly giving isreal arms doesn't seem necessary anymore. they can just let israel quietly starve all the palestinians to death and not claim responsibility

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

sure, biden's committing genocide, BUT

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Anyone who publicly and visibly states that support of genocide does not affect their vote is complicit in it.

Like, you can still vote for Genocide Joe without loudly proclaiming that he doesn't have to worry, he can support genocide extra hard that he's not losing you.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm annoyed at all the restrictions ITT too. I'd rather be able to repost news from Gaza without having to constantly walk on eggshells to meet the content standards of this thread. However, all of this stuff is getting reposted from twitter and other social media. This thread is not the only place on the internet to get a pro-Palestinian perspective. We shouldn't be posting every image and video of a war crime because we should be respectful of the boundaries of posters on this board. You could be just as informed and even exposed to all the horror if you want, by reading Electronic Intifada.

I don't think its absolutely wrong to see that kind of atrocity footage, but I do absolutely think goons will get very weird about it

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

definitely make sure the democrats do not suffer any consequences whatsoever for embracing a genocide

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/Pal_action/status/1771230350296973665

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Mandel Brotset posted:

agreed, I think the pendulum has swung a little too far toward the discomfort free side of things. people are dying to get this poo poo out, as long as things aren’t auto-playing inline it shouldn’t all be filtered out

This is the objectively correct take and people will call you a gore fetishizer for it inexplicably

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

StashAugustine posted:

I don't think its absolutely wrong to see that kind of atrocity footage, but I do absolutely think goons will get very weird about it

This is also true but I feel like we can deal with Those People the same way we deal with people who get very weird about anything from animes to video games

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

looking forward to how much of the resolution is spent denouncing hamas and discussing demilitarization

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

do public figures still have to condemn hamas before they talk about the war crimes, or does not one care now the genocide is officially sanctioned

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jel Shaker posted:

do public figures still have to condemn hamas before they talk about the war crimes, or does not one care now the genocide is officially sanctioned

No they just invoke Israel Right to poo poo Itself

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Mandel Brotset posted:

it's to maintain an aura of moral superiority over the gbs and d&d threads regarding the russia/ukraine war. no turning back now.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Maya Fey posted:

this has been doing the rounds today. palestinian apparently kept idf busy for a few hours in a rambo-style operation

O7

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Just get rid of Bibi Netanyahu and all the flak from purity-testing leftists about genocide will go away, because Israel made the desert bloom with its wonderful democracy and everything else is squarely the fault of Netanyahu (and no one else).

I personally will not rest until Israel is no more and all Palestinians are free and have their homeland back. Netanyahu getting yeeted out of power is only the first of many many steps that are necessary.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Automata 10 Pack posted:

https://twitter.com/RepAOC/status/1771238247449899285

my guess here is that they looked at the numbers and publicly giving isreal arms doesn't seem necessary anymore. they can just let israel quietly starve all the palestinians to death and not claim responsibility

This performative rear end in a top hat voted yea in the House of Reps that From the River to the Sea, is a call for genocide.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

30.5 Days posted:

people still do blackface in America from time to time but I can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing a bone necklace and grass skirt, and then in their defense say "well that's what these black people look like!" and show a video of Africans wearing normal clothes

yoiu have done well steering clear of all college and university campuses on weekends

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzcRrPvVIPI

https://twitter.com/BTnewsroom/status/1771279461524046192

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mandel Brotset posted:

you're going to catch a b+30 if you post videos of people getting killed, period. otherwise if it's something less clearcut you'll probably just get your post edited and a warning not to do it.

if you have any questions about what's okay or not okay feel free to pm anyone who iks this thread or a mod.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Esran posted:

I think the text might show up at https://digitallibrary.un.org/searc...t__3=2024&fti=0 eventually. The rejected Algerian proposal from February is listed there, I figure they just haven't made the US resolution available yet.

Thanks! Yeah it's possible they're just slow to publish these things, which is frustrating.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://aje.io/rvubaw?update=2791147

quote:

Israeli drones circling around Rafah, residents ‘terrified’

Tareq Abu Azzoum
Tareq Abu Azzoum

Reporting from Rafah, southern Gaza

The drones have not stopped hovering near the vicinity of the Kuwaiti Hospital in the past few hours, along with other central areas of Rafah.

They have been circling to gather more intelligence information about possible targets expected to be hit within the coming hours.

We have also noticed the large size of these military drones as they fly at very low altitudes.

Residents are completely terrified and intimidated because they believe there is going to be an imminent attack, not knowing when and where it will take place.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/trueanonpod/status/1771208736259948857?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

I said come in! posted:

I personally will not rest until Israel is no more and all Palestinians are free and have their homeland back. Netanyahu getting yeeted out of power is only the first of many many steps that are necessary.

Yeah the only way to create lasting peace is the complete dismantling and destruction of the zionist project. Nothing else will suffice.

I said come in! posted:

This performative rear end in a top hat voted yea in the House of Reps that From the River to the Sea, is a call for genocide.

There are no good people in the congress or the US govt in general. It's sociopaths all the way down. Some of them like to pay lip service to certain leftist causes while enthusiastically supporting every crime against humanity the empire is doing.

In short DTI DTA

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

the gdr and the bundesrepublik reunited on the wrong loving terms.

the wrong lion formed the voltron head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

They didn't so much as "reunite" as the one devoured the other, like a twin that disappears in the womb.