Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
UAB with a stupid foul on a falling player with 2 seconds on the shot clock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Welp that escalated quickly. :rip: WKU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This has been a chalky tournament.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

marioinblack posted:

Louisville is about to get upset after having their best player transfer after last season to the school who's floor they're playing on.

https://x.com/espn/status/1771264724685947192?s=46

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Good comeback, but RIP UAB Trogdors

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

https://twitter.com/CardsOOC/status/1769578804320579604

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Ridiculous shot by Marquette lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

(looking at the UCONN/Stetson score) uhhhh... boo buie

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kirios posted:

This has been a chalky tournament.

What deviations there've been have felt more like dumb seeding (Oregon) than actual upsets too. Oakland excepting, of course.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU is just ledee and some guys

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
time for a nap, this is a total dead spot right now

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Stetson on a 9-0 run to pull within ... uh 27

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

PostNouveau posted:

They’re more of a hat school than a basketball school

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lol Flag 2 3 mins in for Auburn

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why would you throw an elbow at a guy for no reason? Deserved ejection

Schrute Nation
May 29, 2007
Ha,Ha...Thought you could keep me out didja?

Codependent Poster posted:

Why would you throw an elbow at a guy for no reason? Deserved ejection

Which game was this? I just missed the "highlight"

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Auburn/Yale looking like a game

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Get it, you loving Yale nerds

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Is it me or are there way more incorrect unreviewable out of bound calls this year?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

PostNouveau posted:

Spread is 27.5, gamblers on the edge of their seats

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Is it me or are there way more incorrect unreviewable out of bound calls this year?

And every time the ball goes out of bounds in the final two minutes, we get a 5-minute review

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Colorado/Florida is at least a lot of offense.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Should eject the Yale kid too, but we know the rich don't face consequences.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

do you think everyone who goes to Yale is rich

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

quote:

The annual tuition to attend Yale University is $62,250. The cost is the same for both in-state and out-of-state students. Room and board fees are an additional $18,450.

Yes

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If I rolled my ankle like that I would be down for a month, not getting up and playing on the same play.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I am willing Rice to stay in this and beat LSU. Please rid us of the menace known as Kim Mulkey

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

the legacy kids subsidize a lot of the others and there’s guaranteed financial aid (grants or zero internet loans) built in below certain family income thresholds so you’d be surprised

the difference is they’re not the ones getting into skull & bones and they’re made very aware of their financial inferiority throughout especially having to listen to some C student failson rant day drunkenly about his his dad is paying for everyone

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

This Colorado-Florida game is good. All offense.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

elentar posted:

the legacy kids subsidize a lot of the others and there’s guaranteed financial aid (grants or zero internet loans) built in below certain family income thresholds so you’d be surprised

Yeah and if you’re not well off you can always become a Supreme Court judge and become rich that way. Thank god Yale still has some defenders in this day and age

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

elentar posted:

the difference is they’re not the ones getting into skull & bones and they’re made very aware of their financial inferiority throughout especially having to listen to some C student failson rant day drunkenly about his his dad is paying for everyone

:ok:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Enderzero posted:

Yeah and if you’re not well off you can always become a Supreme Court judge and become rich that way. Thank god Yale still has some defenders in this day and age

if you think that’s where I’m going with this you are very, very badly mistaken

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

elentar posted:

if you think that’s where I’m going with this you are very, very badly mistaken

I have no idea where you’re going with it, but when someone says Yale is a rich kids school, and someone else responds Nuh-Uh, not ALL of them are rich and you start talking about needs based admissions, well I don’t really care where you’re going after that. We can make fun of Yale, as a treat, because it’s a stain on our society even if they occasionally do something ok

That said, your edit was very well stated.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

This is the one time a year where we cheer for an Ivy League school, please contain your hatred until they're eliminated, tia.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Enderzero posted:

I have no idea where you’re going with it, but when someone says Yale is a rich kids school, and someone else responds Nuh-Uh, not ALL of them are rich and you start talking about needs based admissions, well I don’t really care where you’re going after that. We can make fun of Yale, as a treat, because it’s a stain on our society even if they occasionally do something ok

That said, your edit was very well stated.

I probably don’t have time to go into this in the detail needed & generally people should care about Yale less since that’s not what higher education even is anymore but if you’re going to (eg because Yale classes are an image of our intelligence services), you absolutely should care about the admissions strata, which are the result of a very calculated effort to broaden the recruitment base beyond the idiot children of white industrialists while making sure they never feel like they actually belong thus have to keep proving themselves to the system.

why do you even think the Ivies are plowing more money into basketball in the first place? what careers are most of those players going to go onto?

anyways, gotta go get things done, will try to be less cranky

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Come on Rice

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

:rip: that Auburn player's dick

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

elentar posted:

I probably don’t have time to go into this in the detail needed & generally people should care about Yale less since that’s not what higher education even is anymore but if you’re going to (eg because Yale classes are an image of our intelligence services), you absolutely should care about the admissions strata, which are the result of a very calculated effort to broaden the recruitment base beyond the idiot children of white industrialists while making sure they never feel like they actually belong thus have to keep proving themselves to the system.

why do you even think the Ivies are plowing more money into basketball in the first place? what careers are most of those players going to go onto?

anyways, gotta go get things done, will try to be less cranky

look I agree they can be doing some good things but their main function is turn out the type of people who cause the need for having to broaden the recruiting base in the first place. They are vanguards of perpetuating the current system, so I’m gonna be a little hard on them. They don’t need any defenders; they have money and power. That said, will try to be less cranky is always a good goal, including myself

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yale sucks at free throws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I'm a sucker for a good post game, especially if he's built like Colorado's center.