Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

legit question - has anyone been made better by NXT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

lol i was rereading the results and just realized there's a nonzero chance at some point in the future we get Edge vs Okada thanks to AEW

insane

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

projecthalaxy posted:

lol i was rereading the results and just realized there's a nonzero chance at some point in the future we get Edge vs Okada thanks to AEW

insane

Belt collector okada

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Shard posted:

half the aew roster

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Shard posted:

The demon guy but I haven't heard about him in a long time

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

half the aew roster

I dont think better by comparison is what they where after.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Arguably Sami Zayn, who dropped a limiting but super over gimmick and still kept crowds behind him through that black and gold NXT run

Edit:

But I'd wager most of that success came from Sami being a great performer with excellent physicality and an expressive face, versus NXT giving him the tools he needed to make it happen, or whatever

Ibexaz fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 22, 2024

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

right I'd argue that sami had all those skills already. I'm interested to know if there was someone who was not as good before nxt and then demonstrably better after their time in nxt.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Ibexaz posted:

Arguably Sami Zayn, who dropped a limiting but super over gimmick and still kept crowds behind him through that black and gold NXT run

He had a great friend and mentor before NXT though who now runs an orphanage. I'd argue he was far more impactful than hardcam training.

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.

Shard posted:

right I'd argue that sami had all those skills already. I'm interested to know if there was someone who was not as good before nxt and then demonstrably better after their time in nxt.

Probably the women?

Arguably Bianca Belair and the four horsewomen are probably the only real "success stories" of NXT / the PC insofar as taking people who were Probably Not Very Good and turning them into actual stars.

I can't really think of anyone else - the only two big contenders were probably Velveteen Dream and Lars Sullivan, and they both flamed out for, uh... other reasons.

e: if you're thinking of people who Were Someone before NXT and then were actually explicitly improved by their NXT run, I guess only Becky really qualifies out of the women? since the others didn't really have a non-WWE run

Seven Deadly Sins fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 22, 2024

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Shard posted:

Isn’t the standard (only?) answer to this question always Bianca Belair?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

thank yall

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

tweet my meat posted:

Best crowd in a while it was really good

:cheers:

Going to have to watch the show back this weekend. Didn't hear a single word Callis said over the boos

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Shard posted:

Good honeypot question to see who tells on themselves as never watching non wwe product before aew came along

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shard posted:

Nobody ever heard of that Walter dude before he went through nxt, and now he is the next big thing as Gunther

Only in double double eee, baby

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Arabian Jesus posted:

:cheers:

Going to have to watch the show back this weekend. Didn't hear a single word Callis said over the boos

On this day
You hear clearly

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

He's still got functioning knees, he needs to learn how to work without those.

He already worked with Tanahashi for years, what else is there to learn???

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Jiro posted:

He already worked with Tanahashi for years, what else is there to learn???

Hard cam, idk crimes?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Majinfoose posted:

Hard cam, idk crimes?

He's spent years in a stable with "Sublime Master Thief" Yano, "King of Sneaky Style" Rocky and for a short while "Knife Pervert" Jay White, I'd say he's already learned enough about crimes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Someone was nice enough to tell Dave that Jack Perry's New Japan storyline is a storyline and not a shoot as he thought.

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1771147965484187673

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Cactus Jack Perry did nothing wrong.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Dave also didn’t give Jericho/Hook a star rating. Could he be on the road to recovery?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's all true.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Kennel posted:

It's all true.

The real glass, the crushed testicles. All of it.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

On The Internet posted:

Cactus Jack Perry did nothing wrong.

drat straight. :hai:

Jack should show up with a barbed wire bat and attack Eddie as Okada and the bucks gloat.

Tony, you coward, we need Mr.Extreme back :mad:

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Miching Mallecho posted:

drat straight. :hai:

Jack should show up with a barbed wire bat and attack Eddie as Okada and the bucks gloat.

Tony, you coward, we need Mr.Extreme back :mad:

I'd give him a run at the FTW belt and make it the real hardcore championship for AEW. All under the loving guidance of the Bucks and Rainmaker of course.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Someone was nice enough to tell Dave that Jack Perry's New Japan storyline is a storyline and not a shoot as he thought.

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1771147965484187673

Yeah right, then explain why Jack Perry is exiled to NJPW until he gets House of Torture over. Check and mate :smugbert:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
don't need to send someone to get HoT over if they already are

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

will ospreay and brian danielson

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Captain Foo posted:

will ospreay and brian danielson

Fedbound???

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

low effort and trite even for you

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Scoops: Daniel Bryan returns! Once Cody is pinned by Roman they are going to build up a mystery challenger for next year in Roman vs D Bry! <card subject to change if Rock stays around so Roman can defeat him and truly become THE family Patriarch>

Also the introduction of Butch’s new silent heavy called Bruv. A silent no nonsense brawler that despises high flyers and traditional “wrestlers” as much as he loves wearing black tank tops and jeans! They will set the wwe tag team scene of fire!!!!!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

thinking about that time Christian Cage was kicked in the pp multiple times

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
MJF improved from working NXT

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Thinking about that time Edge hit Christian in the nuts with Jack Baker's garden weasel from RE7

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

ARMBAR A COP posted:

thinking about that time Christian Cage was kicked in the pp multiple times

KICKED IN THE DICK

TNT CHAMPION

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

christian cage. a man who prides himself on being a paragon of masculinity, so much that he named his stable the patriarchy. ran away from his rival into the women’s bathroom. then had himself and his surrogate sons handcuffed helpless to the turnbuckles while he received a vicious assault to his dick and balls. freud hitting a black arrow in his coffin.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Alex Riley improved in NXT, in that he was fired and I haven't seen him involved with professional wrestling since then which is an improvement.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Two Beans posted:

Alex Riley improved in NXT, in that he was fired and I haven't seen him involved with professional wrestling since then which is an improvement.

I'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
She actually did it

https://twitter.com/sigmapoet1914/status/1771243625357189551