Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'd rather pay $60 for a great ten-hour game than a meh 100-hour game that I'll probably only play for ten hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I’d rather pay $30 for both.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Played a bit of Showtime, seems ok so far. Aside from coins does anyone know if there’s a point to the collectables you get in stages or the outfits you can buy for Peach and Stella besides aesthetic changes?

Edit: The outfits are purely cosmetic but the Sparks are required to unlock boss areas (though the game throws a ton of them at you just through normal progression)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 22, 2024

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

American McGay posted:

I’d rather pay $30 for both.

I'll pay $120 for both and buy a second $60 copy of the 10-hour game, then I'll buy another full-price copy of TotK as a tip for Nintendo.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Larryb posted:

So aside from being on the short and simple side is the Peach game at least fun (and is the cake minigame the most annoying part about it)?

From what I've heard the cake mini game is a highlight and most annoying point is the janky rhythm game for the mermaid outfit.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Am I allowed to enjoy baby peach game if I only paid 50 bucks for it? And if only my 7 year old daughter plays it?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

PageMaster posted:

Am I allowed to enjoy baby peach game if I only paid 50 bucks for it? And if only my 7 year old daughter plays it?

No

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
You aren't allowed to enjoy any videogames.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1771288262784500094?t=ZiyMYnflhMmAySkDtMLtMQ&s=19

Well that’s anticlimactic.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Why is the opening just a timed trigger where you just sitin a lobby with nothing to do until the game decides to start?

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 23, 2024

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Mega64 posted:

I'd rather pay $60 for a great ten-hour game than a meh 100-hour game that I'll probably only play for ten hours.

Those are outdated numbers - today it's $70 (or $100+ for the ultimate edition) for a 150-hour game containing a 20-hour mini game. Everyone clamors for more of the minigame and just looks up the main ending on YouTube.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

PageMaster posted:

Why is the opening just a timed trigger where you just sitin a lobby with nothing to do until the game decides to start?

I think you're supposed to talk to everyone. The timed trigger is probably a failsafe.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Unicorn Overlord is good as gently caress

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

time to get to work on mario maker 2

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

We need Donkey Konga 2 so bad.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Don’t care much for Fairlife chocolate milk. I usually go for Borden, or Promised land if I’m feeling fancy

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Cartoon Man posted:

We need Donkey Konga 2 so bad.

what single use gimmick controllers has switch seen? The pokeball is one...ring fit thing is another

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

WHY BONER NOW posted:

what single use gimmick controllers has switch seen?
Ironically, the GameCube controller.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Space Fish posted:

Those are outdated numbers - today it's $70 (or $100+ for the ultimate edition) for a 150-hour game containing a 20-hour mini game. Everyone clamors for more of the minigame and just looks up the main ending on YouTube.

But enough about Final Fantasy VII Rebirth…

hatty posted:

Don’t care much for Fairlife chocolate milk. I usually go for Borden, or Promised land if I’m feeling fancy

Is that Rufus Shinra’s favorite milk?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

what single use gimmick controllers has switch seen? The pokeball is one...ring fit thing is another

We need Ring Fit 2 so bad as well.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

WHY BONER NOW posted:

The Sports game came with a leg band if you count that.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
was there not a donkey konga 2 or am i making that up

regardless we need donkey konga switch

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Murdstone posted:

The Sports game came with a leg band if you count that.

That one works with two, because you use it for Ring Fit as well. (Ring Fit also comes with one)

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Isnt japan getting a guitar peripheral?

Also cardboard

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

There's a drum controller. For Taiko Drum Master. Coincidentally, I bought one today.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

SilkyP posted:

:yeah:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Pokken has a special controller, but it might have first been for the Wii U version.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

This really sucks it came down to this. No shade to the guy who made and then TAS'd the level, since it's not like they intended to troll Team 0% like this by making a troll several years ago, but it sucks that they didn't get to celebrate when they actually did beat all of them.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

There's a drum controller. For Taiko Drum Master. Coincidentally, I bought one today.

I have one of those but i have not tried it yet. Wife hates the noise so I can only use it when she is out for a while.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Honestly making levels and TASing them to upload is always lame no matter the intent. He should be made fun of.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

otter posted:

I have one of those but i have not tried it yet. Wife hates the noise so I can only use it when she is out for a while.

I want to believe this is a gimmick

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Len posted:

The wife or the drum controller?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

otter posted:

The wife or the drum controller?

The wife

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
shhh, she's listening

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
she will beat us if you dont shut up

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Len posted:

its some sick perversion and I’m not taking part in it

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ya should all get Pentiment it loving rules

correct, get this game

SilkyP posted:

also this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Is that for a train sim?

Len posted:

The wife

I wish. She’s got issues. There was a super dramatic incident a few weeks ago that really threatened to do permanent damage and it took a lot to overcome but reason and consideration of others prevailed. So there’s still hope. She’s got a lot going on including her mom losing her mind to Alzheimer’s so I try to give her a lot of grace.