Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

credit cards are literally free money. that guy is a genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Paladinus posted:

Don't know where else to post about it but today I learned that the lady from this viral video from ages ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgpfSp2t6k

believes she's surrounded by spirit guides and was a slave in a past life, and now gives some sort of spiritual advice to her subscribers. Maybe she's so good at accents because of all the past lives?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqaKqVYLVD4

It's like when the guy from Newgrounds started a cult about ancient aliens. For some reason it's really fascinating to me.

This is fukken wild.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

NoiseAnnoys posted:

im sure his parents are proud
They were interviewed in a news article that someone found around the time of Jeffrey asking who was ddosing the site. Fella was apparently a well put together software dude, came down with a case of schizophrenia, and refused to take his meds, went completely off the rails, and was at that time, living under a bridge. His parents were very worried for him.
It's all sad, apart from the wacky court filings.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

jeff hosed his computer, causing all this

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I don't have Dragon's Dogma 2 because I'm broke as gently caress but it looks like Capcom is trying to Mankind Divided it

I can't imagine what it's like to be a game dev pouring your soul out only for some dipshit failson to go "what if we made people pay real money for each fast travel" and get paid more money than you'll make in your life

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Danaru posted:

what if we made people pay real money for each fast travel

This isn't true.

Like the DLC isn't good but people are actively lying about how bad it is by saying you need to pay for character customization or fast travel items and it's ??? What is the motivation for this?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Danaru posted:

I don't have Dragon's Dogma 2 because I'm broke as gently caress but it looks like Capcom is trying to Mankind Divided it

I can't imagine what it's like to be a game dev pouring your soul out only for some dipshit failson to go "what if we made people pay real money for each fast travel" and get paid more money than you'll make in your life

the thing that is wild about the microtransactions for DD2 is that they're not anything special! they're all things that can be obtained fairly easily in game.

yes they're loving stupid. no they shouldn't exist.

i suspect this is a mandate from the money people at capcom "MUST HAVE MICROTRANSACTIONS" so the devs just gave a list of super basic dumb things.

sure you can pay $2 to change your characters appearance - or you can just run to the first town and buy it from a vendor

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycot posted:

This isn't true.

Like the DLC isn't good but people are actively lying about how bad it is by saying you need to pay for character customization or fast travel items and it's ??? What is the motivation for this?

They’re retards

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The making up stuff and vitriol goons are having about DD2 really reminds me of when Palworld was released and I'm pretty sure its the same handful of jackasses doing it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

mycot posted:

This isn't true.

That's what I mean by "mankind dividing it", that game also let you buy poo poo you could just get in game and even had them as single use preorder bonuses

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

mycot posted:

What is the motivation for this?

it is, once again, the worst people in the world (gamers) being obnoxiously loud and misrepresenting the situation (shocking!)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Danaru posted:

That's what I mean by "mankind dividing it", that game also let you buy poo poo you could just get in game and even had them as single use preorder bonuses

This is every Capcom game made for the past 15 years. DD1 had this poo poo even.

Hell, this is tons of big budget games the past decade. Yakuza has this poo poo too.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

mycot posted:

This isn't true.

It's because the biggest retards on the internet have been culture warring the game for being "woke" the past 2 weeks and so they've been lying about that to find "legitimate" reasons to complain but none of them actually played it yet.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Man I looked up Resident Evil 4 and they're selling a ton of poo poo for real money that you can get for fairly cheap from the merchant :wtc: although hopefully unlike MD you can use it for more than one save file

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Are they already calling it Dragon Smegma 2?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Are they already calling it Dragon Smegma 2?

Dragon's Sugma

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
People unironically saying that the FPS being poo poo in town is not worth being mad about because that only happens in town, meanwhile the DLC is unforgivable and if anything Capcom should be raked even harder across the coals for it.

One of those things is a thing that actually effects stuff in the game and the other is the DLC

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I think it's ok to criticize companies for doing bad things and I don't even care if people are not 100% accurate about it, companies don't have feelings :stoked:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i have no opinion on dragons dogma 2. you are welcome

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I might get around to playing the first one. I'm behind the times.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I liked the clip of buddy hurling one of his pawns up onto a cliff to kick down a rope ladder, but beefing it entirely as his pawn smashes into the wall and falls into a ravine

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Something Awful LLC hires pedophiles and rapists to moderate their forums.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Al! posted:

i have no opinion on dragons dogma 2. you are welcome

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

American McGay posted:

i saw this happen live it took like two seconds lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

anyway its an unpaid position

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

American McGay posted:

I'm pretty sure Aatrek was a volunteer.

E: drat you AI!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
That feels like an unreasonable response to saying microtransactions are lame

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Danaru posted:

That feels like an unreasonable response to saying microtransactions are lame

people really freakin love dragons dogma

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Marcade posted:

I'm pretty sure Aatrek was a volunteer.

E: drat you AI!

accuracy is important

sebmojo posted:

I think it's ok to criticize companies for doing bad things and I don't even care if people are not 100% accurate about it, companies don't have feelings :stoked:

that's actually a pretty good joke tbf, easily worth :10bux:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I think it looks great, that's why the similarity to MD's system worried me, because that killed the series :saddumb:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

sebmojo EXPOSED as a hypocrite

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

give mcgay his account back but make his avatar the Toasty! guy animated

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Martman posted:

sebmojo EXPOSED as a hypocrite

it's true, i've been given a lot to think about today

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

here this should make it easy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Danaru posted:

I think it looks great, that's why the similarity to MD's system worried me, because that killed the series :saddumb:

that was just square being insanely bad and spending way too much money on FF15 and then expecting 10m sales of DE:MD and tomb raider each to make up for the shortfall

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't think reversing the dumb ban needs the toasty guy involved

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
I can't give McGay poo poo for his moron bracket picks unless he is freed.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Leal posted:

People unironically saying that the FPS being poo poo in town is not worth being mad about because that only happens in town, meanwhile the DLC is unforgivable and if anything Capcom should be raked even harder across the coals for it.

One of those things is a thing that actually effects stuff in the game and the other is the DLC

i mean it dips to like 40 at the lowest for me in town. on max settings. on a 3060ti and a 5600x lol. who gives a poo poo, so does bg3

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sebmojo posted:

reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Crazy opinion IMO to say it's fine to lie about something because it's a corporation. You can say DLC is stupid without making things up ffs.