Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

PostNouveau posted:

John Podhortez movie reviews? gently caress off

Also Free Palestine bitch

theaters have the best treats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i have to admit i did not expect the john podheretz ghostbusters review was posted unironically

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
We love Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire here. Plucky freedom fighters defending their homeland from the racist, apartheid-loving ghost colonizers. From the river to the sea, New York City will be free.

Illmade
Jan 17, 2024

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
PSYCORPS

Nothing is worth dying for, except Palestinians for Israel

Jose Oquendo posted:

You're a pro-isreal, genocide denying loser, posting right-wing movie reviews unironically. You can gently caress right off forever.

I'm here to talk about moopies. If you are having some kind of episode due to "genocidal right-wing movie reviews" that is something you should discuss with a medical professional.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Illmade posted:

I'm here to talk about moopies. If you are having some kind of episode due to "genocidal right-wing movie reviews" that is something you should discuss with a medical professional.

How about you suck my dick instead, you zionist, genocide denying gently caress.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:lol: that John Podhoretz's star has fallen so far he has to publish his lovely movie reviews in the loving Washington Free Beacon now

Illmade
Jan 17, 2024

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
PSYCORPS

Nothing is worth dying for, except Palestinians for Israel

Jose Oquendo posted:

How about you suck my dick instead, you zionist, genocide denying gently caress.

Yikes. The Ghostbusters Fandom has gotten completely out of control.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
AV+Username combo indeed.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Arc Hammer posted:

AV+Username combo indeed.

Yeah gently caress that piece of poo poo.

Anyway, apparently that Star Wars marathon is only in a dozen or so theaters. Makes sense since I can't imagine too many places would give up a screen for 20 or so hours, plus all the extra staffing that would be involved for that.

My local theater IS screening Phantom Menace that weekend and I might check it out for nostalgia's sake.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

when i saw bible baby was a ventriloquist, I knew, this had to be a real person with a media footprint. and she delivered

https://chaplainjillbryan.org
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTrdIQri3wc

Why is she still singing like the Bible Baby?

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

FeculentWizardTits posted:

My friend, let me tell you about a little gem called Nothing But Trouble

i love this movie and i dont care no you shut up

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

when i saw bible baby was a ventriloquist, I knew, this had to be a real person with a media footprint. and she delivered

https://chaplainjillbryan.org
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTrdIQri3wc

the real space cop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsxE91aIxh0

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Do you have any idea how bad a poster you have to be to get people in here to poo poo in on you for posting a negative Ghostbusters review.

The movie's so bad it has the most embarrassing Ghostbusters fans in CD hating it.

quote:

Been hyped up all day and watched all the films today before going to the cinema, wore my shirt, the cinema was cool they had a local GB group turned up with an Ecto One. I got a collectible cup, the cinema really pushed the boat out making it feel special for the opening weekend, all the music inside was soundtrack from the 84 and 89 films.

Unfortunately I hated it. There were a few nice ideas and a couple of scenes I liked but in general I felt it dragged far too much. I hope I like it more on rewatch at home without any distraction but right now it's a bit of a letdown.

Just to add I wasn't hyped for Frozen Empire to be amazing or anything, I just wanted it to be more of a Ghostbusters film than Afterlife. It is, but it definitely left me cold.

quote:

Couldn't agree more. I loving hated it. The directing wasn't bad, the music was classic and fitted perfectly, the acting was all great as expected but oh my god, holy poo poo, the writing and pacing of the film is awful. Its up there with the all female cast film as the worst one.

I loved afterlife, it felt new and fresh but kept the charm while being entirely new. This just feels too new without the charm and writing and humour and like it was crowbarred into the 80s version. It just didn't work at all.

Dan.A was great, McKenna was great, Murray was pointless, Potts was a missed opportunity.

I bloody hated Acaster. They could have easily dropped him and have on the older Afterlife characters fill that role which would have made far more sense considering etc etc.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
remembering that one of the ghostbusters characters is named podcast

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i hear the movie is great go see it.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb317dmvvEo

:patriot:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

hahaha hang on, is bible baby doing stolen valor

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That DICK! posted:

Bible Baby bears burgled battle badges

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I watched Ghostbusters 2 yesterday and it was alright.

They got the most non-emo baby to play the part.

I got some Laura Antonelli tapes if you wanna watch them

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Barudak posted:

Bible Baby bears burgled battle badges

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwijjfBQuTI

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

That DICK! posted:

Apparently she’s a police/first responder chaplain, which is usually a volunteer deal but sometimes you get a ceremonial uniform.

It’s a weird thing to cling to. Like I grew up super evangelical Christian and had a few pastors who did chaplain stuff for local police departments, but they were always just like “yeah I’m on call for (insert pondunk Pennsylvania town) police department for the random times they need a minister”. They never strutted around in a cringe uniform. But I guess she’s one of the types who just worships the police and thinks some tenuous connection to them gives her some authority.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 23, 2024

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

stephenthinkpad posted:

They got the most non-emo baby to play the part.

da hell...

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Sunk Dunk posted:

remembering that one of the ghostbusters characters is named podcast

learning that one of the ghostbusters characters is named podcast

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
https://x.com/discussingfilm/status/1770892398719111489?s=46

time to watch this again

https://youtu.be/OfJRm0WssOE?si=JgVn_h9WqvdrBSYO

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i tried watching the new road house and omfg what a piece of poo poo movie. i got like 20 minutes in.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

if i can't squeeze it out of a dinosaur tit, what's even the point

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Mega64 posted:

Why is she still singing like the Bible Baby?

It's because she originally performed the song as the Bible Baby and then just dubbed and lip synced the song for this video.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

I think it makes perfect sense that a right wing critic would complain the conflict in a piece of fiction was fake, as opposed to the very real and genuine conflict of something like pIzZAgAte or tHe boRDeR CRisis.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Bible Baby Driver: a gang of murderous alligators plan one last heist to take down a cult of fake disease worshipping Wisconsinites

“Getting big Boss Baby vibes from this one” -Jack

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1771284712260051112

Please let this movie finally finish hollywood off

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Budget $200 million

lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

if i can't squeeze it out of a dinosaur tit, what's even the point

here's a page where some freak molded the walrus boob from latex just to drink blue milk out of it

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

what the gently caress

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

bible baby jilly jonkers

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
People like to poo poo on Todd Phillips as a director but he may just be the world's greatest performance artist

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

can't wait for the joker to shoot someone in the head while singing dancing queen

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Please let this movie finally finish hollywood off
it's going to make literally a 100s of kajillion dollars. get on board or get out thew ay

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Look at Joaquin. He knows.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

With the rise of AI we may soon be saying “Foley? Adieu!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

$5 billion box office take worldwide. First movie to crack $1 billion domestic. Plays for 70 weeks in theaters nationwide