Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Kestral posted:

Sam is such a trap, and it's realistic as hell so it hits harder. I married him on my first run, since I felt like my character was also a young adult who got out of the rat race early, and because he has the most interesting family dynamics in the town. Turns out marrying you is a Bad Call for him, and he doesn't seem to like being stuck on the farm - he'd rather be back in town hanging out with his friends, and who can blame him? It's a real downer, but also completely accurate to how that relationship would actually go.

These days I go for Elliot. Byronic Fabio is great! He's a grown-rear end adult who knows what he wants, and although he's struggling at it, he's passionate about what he's doing and is going to try to make it work with all his heart. Your coming into his life makes his dreams a reality, as opposed to Sam and Sebastian who basically give up their dreams to be with you, and lose something important about themselves in the process. Elliot is also completely happy to be on the farm, which is lovely.

Elliott is pro marriage choice, imo. My last farm I did beach farm and married him. I made him a nice study/writing room overlooking the water.

Leah also seems similarly to be a lady with her poo poo together, and she could work on her art just as easily living on your farm as she could in her cabin. Maybe even easier! I'm sure the food is better on your farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
all I really need to be updated is Walk to the Desert Redux and a few new npc mods and I will be ready to roll. Gaming will begin.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Silver Falcon posted:

Elliott is pro marriage choice, imo. My last farm I did beach farm and married him. I made him a nice study/writing room overlooking the water.

Leah also seems similarly to be a lady with her poo poo together, and she could work on her art just as easily living on your farm as she could in her cabin. Maybe even easier! I'm sure the food is better on your farm.

:hai:

Leah is my choice for when I’m feeling like marrying a non-dude, for exactly the reasons you describe. Her lifestyle and what she wants out of life are a perfect complement to the farmer’s, and vice versa. Two people who know what they want, are passionate about it, and love the land.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

One mod I really like although I haven't had a chance to interact with it yet is Recatch Legendary Fish.

I've even gotten some iridium level legendary fish that way!

It is a bit broken though when you spend all day catching the legendary mutant carp. And sometimes you just want to fish in the lake without The Legend biting every 5 seconds.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I've got my few function mods back, but I'm uncertain about all those Elle's Animals packs I like. None of them have been updated yet, so I guess I'm stuck with vanilla horse and ugly hogs.

I married in one save, chose Elliot, never did the kids thing. I'm thinking about doing it again, will probably be Elliot or Leah. They both have a grip on where they are and what they want, and go ahead and do it. The rest of them just seem like kids, or are Shane.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Leah would be perfect if she weren't ... vegan :jerkbag:

(I'm just projecting because IRL I could never make a vegan woman happy)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Vegan food is delicious. I'm not even vegan, I just eat it because I enjoy it.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Leah is not vegan she loves goat cheese

The only confirmed vegetarian character is actually Evelyn I think

EDIT: Evelyn and Emily

Both have all fish stuff as either hated or disliked which is unique to them. Only Evelyn has a quote about it though where she says she wishes Gus would have something for vegetarian at his cookout though. Emily is just “yeah that tracks.”

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 22, 2024

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
are any of the mod romances good? someone mentioned the wizard?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Let me date Gus

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Imagine marrying any of the dudes other than Sebastian, couldn't be me

(in fairness I am Sebastian IRL and have also dated multiple Sebastians)

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

Let me date Gus

Gus is cool. Or Gil. If I'm going to gay marry, it might as well be the guy with the rocking chair based lifestyle I admire.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
If you’re ever going out to a bar and it has a fried cauliflower appetizer, it’s almost always going to be one of the best things you can get there. Sadly many vegetarian things are not always so good.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Carrying the torch for the Joja Mart cashier. Some day, my princess...

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Carrying the torch for the Joja Mart cashier. Some day, my princess...

I believe she's a bachelorette in Stardew Valley Expanded

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

CA should make Sandy a bachelorette.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Daztek posted:

i had to look this up and it's true

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

woke kaczynski posted:

Imagine marrying any of the dudes other than Sebastian, couldn't be me

(in fairness I am Sebastian IRL and have also dated multiple Sebastians)

I am also a Sebastian, which is why I haven't been able to bring myself to marry him.

Poque posted:

Let me date Gus

Gus is definitely one of my favorite villagers. He's just a really good guy.

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm thinking of marrying Elliot in this run. I've got a beach farm, I'm gonna grow Pomegranates, it's perfect.
Alex is more my type, and I like Sebastian's personality, and Sam is a sweetheart.... and then I end up never marrying anyone.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

PC gamepass (but not consoles) pushed 1.6 through today, if anyone's been waiting on it

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

This patch is sooooo good. Loving it on my PC, will love it even more on Switch. At this point, all I would want to see in a hypothetical 1.7:

-Gus is now marriageable
-Wizard is now marriageable
-Clint has been replaced by Hat Mouse. Hat Mouse has no strong feelings either way towards Emily.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Filox posted:

I've got my few function mods back, but I'm uncertain about all those Elle's Animals packs I like. None of them have been updated yet, so I guess I'm stuck with vanilla horse and ugly hogs.

I married in one save, chose Elliot, never did the kids thing. I'm thinking about doing it again, will probably be Elliot or Leah. They both have a grip on where they are and what they want, and go ahead and do it. The rest of them just seem like kids, or are Shane.

Elle's packs are updated! Or rereleased perhaps. I'm using them!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Is there any way to get rid of decorations you don't want? Like, can I sell the spooky boarded-up window and string o'bats from the Monster Farm to Robin? Right now I just keep a trunk of junk. Same question for clothes that drop.

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Is there any way to get rid of decorations you don't want? Like, can I sell the spooky boarded-up window and string o'bats from the Monster Farm to Robin? Right now I just keep a trunk of junk. Same question for clothes that drop.

RE: Clothes -- don't know if it's a new thing this patch, but you can place your spare shirts/hats in the dresser in your house. Blew my mind when I figured that out.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Daztek posted:

I'm surprised how few people here play with SVE. Lots of really neat poo poo and only a couple things that are cringe.

A Real Horse posted:

-Wizard is now marriageable

SVE.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 23, 2024

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zorro KingOfEngland posted:

RE: Clothes -- don't know if it's a new thing this patch, but you can place your spare shirts/hats in the dresser in your house. Blew my mind when I figured that out.

Not new. Still very cool. Rings/boots too.

Also, you can transmog boots with the sewing machine in case you like other styles better. Something I learned about the same time.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Inventory Trashcan for sure. Not sure if there's a vendor you can get a couple pennies from.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

CA should make Sandy a bachelorette.

Yeah, Sandy is cool.

Leah and Elliot are almost gender swaps of the same character and marrying either one is cool. They get a local winery millionaire to support them while they pursue their art.

If I play Stardew again I might go for an animal heavy new map. Does the blue grass make raising animals for slaughter competitive?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Zesty posted:

I'm surprised how few people here play with SVE. Lots of really neat poo poo and only a couple things that are cringe.

SVE.

if it were good, CA would incorporate it himself. alas,

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
When you drink mayo in front of an NPC they say something "Umm..." or "Why?!" in a speech bubble. Nice touch

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Radia posted:

if it were good, CA would incorporate it himself. alas,

You're mistaken.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Trout Derby is good, I'm glad they set aside two days to be like "Hey. Drop your Pickaxe at Clint's and go level up your Fishing Skill." Deluxe Bait gives you more than a level's worth of bar size, so that really helps you punch above your current level when catching the more difficult fish.

Enemies seem to drop A Lot of clothing items now. Was that a change? Is it just the having read the book that increases monster drop rate that's doing it?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zesty posted:

It adds nothing of interest to me. I still have a number of options in the base game that I haven't done yet that I can explore.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Yeah, expanded was a bit too much for me. That said I really miss how dense the forest was, along with the extra forest area. Made getting a shitload of wood really easy.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

Enemies seem to drop A Lot of clothing items now. Was that a change? Is it just the having read the book that increases monster drop rate that's doing it?

Yes. Clothing and Hats can now randomly drop from lots of random things. IE shaking trees, digging, and in your case killing enemies.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The map already takes forever to get across. I don’t need to make it even bigger.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Yeah I really like SVE for what it is but it's a *lot*. I'll probably do another SVE playthrough at some point but not right now.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
Yeah, my issue with SVE is that I don't like the way it changes all the base game maps. Ridgeside and East Scarp work better for me in that regard.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

The base stuff for Expanded is really good, I like there being other farmers, I like Claire being a character, I like that there are new scenes with old characters. I do think all the Wizard and Lance associated stuff really spirals out of control.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

HopperUK posted:

Elle's packs are updated! Or rereleased perhaps. I'm using them!

Are you using the "Cuter" packs? I'm hoping for the ones offered for Alternate Textures will get updated, as I like them better.

This bunch,
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3168
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/10039

I restarted on the standard farm and as I do in first spring, I cut all the grass to let the weeds and trees proliferate, so I can start my fiber stockpile and live on field snacks from all the dropped tree seeds. Then I just got to my first green rain. My whole farm turned into a moss heap. I got 399 moss, six of those weird green seeds and 23 of the mixed flower seeds. And four or five hundred fiber.

That was after redoing to day, because I got all caught up in moss gathering and missed checking what the villagers were up to at the saloon, so I had to do over, lol.

Filox fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

On Spring 28 and still haven’t had a green rain...