Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

SpiritOfLenin posted:

His shadow was also grinning like mad while Alastor was having a breakdown during the final song, which kind of does imply its deal is more than just an expression of Alastor's powers.

"Guess who will be pulling all the strings" being sung as the shadow rose up a demonic grinning way definitely made me believe there is more going on there.

The focus wasn't Alastor himself.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

SpiritOfLenin posted:

His shadow was also grinning like mad while Alastor was having a breakdown during the final song, which kind of does imply its deal is more than just an expression of Alastor's powers.

Alastor's shadow powers also have a green hue, which is not related to the black/red of being The Radio Demon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Still funny that he has such Dr Facilier vibes complete with living shadow and Keith David is voicing someone else.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Gothmog1065 posted:

Niffy: The comedy option. While this would be hilarious, I don't think she's smart enough to get Alastor that stuck. The only acceptable option is if Niffty was taken over by God and is revealed in some crazy Deus Ex/Macguffin reveal where God just wanted to see what was going on.

Wouldn't require her to be smart, just ludicrously powerful and "fond" of Alastor when he first got to hell. At least, if I were writing it, that's the angle I'd go with. She's exactly who she appears to be in terms of personality, just ludicrously strong on top of all of that leaving Alastor at the mercy of her whims and flights of fancy. We've already seen the man's a little more tryhard about his image than he likes to let on, imagine trying to be the cool, in control, above it all wheeler and dealer he projects himself to be while also being subject to whatever bullshit some manic murder moppet had her singular giant eye set on at any given time.

As I've said before, not likely. But so good.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I have my own suspicions with who's holding Alastor's leash but we haven't been directly exposed to the character yet. Viv has confirmed the character of Roo exists in universe. I.E. The root of all evil. I strongly believe Alastor made a pact with her while he was still alive doing his serial killing. That's why when he went to hell he was already a powerhouse. However she still pulls all the strings and as a literal force of the universe he has no shot at ever defying her. Hence why he's putting all his chips in on Charlie. He needs someone of close or equal power to bail his rear end out. I also suspect she's wearing Eve like a skin suit but that's just conjecture on my part.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
When Adam and Lucifer fight in the final episode, Adam says, "You're the most hated being in all creation."

Lucifer replies, "Your first wife didn't seem to mind what I had to offer," referring to offering Lilith her freedom. Then he adds, "Or the second. Bow chicka wow wow," and does some hip thrusts.

So, did Lucifer have sex with Eve? Someone who has been very notably absent from the series.

In the final scene, Lute tells Lilith "your brat" killed Adam, so we can guess Even isn't the mother. But it all makes me wonder what the whole deal is with Eve and Lucifer and where she is now.

edit: and I just learned "Lute" is just short for "lieutenant". God Adam sucks at names.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 19, 2024

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

When Adam and Lucifer fight in the final episode, Adam says, "You're the most hated being in all creation."

Lucifer replies, "Your first wife didn't seem to mind what I had to offer," referring to offering Lilith her freedom. Then he adds, "Or the second. Bow chicka wow wow," and does some hip thrusts.

So, did Lucifer have sex with Eve? Someone who has been very notably absent from the series.

In the final scene, Lute tells Lilith "your brat" killed Adam, so we can guess Even isn't the mother. But it all makes me wonder what the whole deal is with Eve and Lucifer and where she is now.

edit: and I just learned "Lute" is just short for "lieutenant". God Adam sucks at names.

Genuinely unsure if he did tap that or he just made that up that to piss Adam off even more. His taking of her innocence just being giving her the fruit not actually having intercourse.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It’s already established that Lillith is Charlie’s mom (and there is a visual resemblance), I’m assuming he was referring to the fruit and was just trying to piss Adam off

I am curious if we’re going to meet Eve at some point however

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Flopsy posted:

I have my own suspicions with who's holding Alastor's leash but we haven't been directly exposed to the character yet. Viv has confirmed the character of Roo exists in universe. I.E. The root of all evil. I strongly believe Alastor made a pact with her while he was still alive doing his serial killing. That's why when he went to hell he was already a powerhouse. However she still pulls all the strings and as a literal force of the universe he has no shot at ever defying her. Hence why he's putting all his chips in on Charlie. He needs someone of close or equal power to bail his rear end out. I also suspect she's wearing Eve like a skin suit but that's just conjecture on my part.

I like this, it would explain what the evil was that found Earth due to Lucifers and Liliths actions. It could easily explain Alastors shadow as well and what it is. Poor Eve, whatever happened with her at this point it’s not likely to be a happy story. Being with Adam set her up for future misery, unless she’s an eternal optimist and happy go lucky type that will let nothing phase her. Kinda want that to be the case for her and she's perfectly fine doing whatever she is doing.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Did Lucifer and Eve do the tango? Was it a threesome with Lilith? Who knows! Time will tell I'm sure on that. Never saw anyone speculate that Charlie was anyone but Liliths daughter. I have questioned if she
might be a possible Razzle and Dazzle like creation herself....I mean....10,000 years to conceive a kid?

The nature of Lucifer and Lilith likely proved to be a strong issue to creating one, but 10,000 is quite the time needed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Last Call posted:

I suggested the Nifty possibility a while ago as well, mainly like you I find the thought to be hilarious and it would be a hell of a reveal if that turned out the stupid goofball character in fact was anything but.

Lilith? It sure sounded like it could go that way when the seven years thing popped up didn’t it. After the reveal she’s in Heaven odds are she’s actually hiding. My guess is something came and scared the hell out of her, or her straight out of hell. Alastor on the other hand got faced with death or a leash. They might not even know one another, simply both caught up in a similar event or situation.

Considering Alastor only ever swore at two angelic beings, that being Lucifer and Adam, his soul holder might be from Heaven. It explains his contempt and hatred of them and why he even wanted to fight Adam. Then again it might be his shadow that is always with him. It certainly seems alive.

I discount Lucifer due to the fact he’s been largely a depressed shut in who only ever had his family to keep him going and once he lost that he sunk in a deep hole. The man has power, ain’t no doubt about that. He’s also a total goofball. What goes on in Hell is almost beneath him, they are the worse of the worse and he really doesn’t care about them. If he really wanted to do anything he could simply, do it. Order any number of powerful beings in hell from Overlords, Goetia family or other Sins to you name it to do his bidding or else. The only reason he hasn't is because that's not quite who he is, Charlie takes after him. A gentle heart. It takes someone really pushing them to make them lash back ie: Threatening either family member and trying to kill them.

The show has played Alastor up huge and the fans obviously bought into it, but in the great scheme of things, Alastor is still very much middle of the road when compared to the rest of the powers and authority of hell. He's more of a office manager if you had to compare him to any real thing in life. Alastors attitude torwards Lucifer is what annoyed Luci with the guy. He's likely not use to getting treated that way and let's face it, if not for Alastor helping Charlie, Lucifer probably would have put him in his place there and then if pushed much further. Likely with as much effort as you lifting a pen.

yeah. lucifer is the dude who has everything but its mostly because he was the largest lad that made/colonized hell. lillith is the one that made it into a place that at one point was probably decentish, luci just kinda sits in his room making ducks while the sins and the various levels of arisocracy run things.
i think its either lilith OR eve running alastor but i do think lilith and al have some kind of history.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

i wouldnt be shocked. I feel like adam blamed her for everything going to poo poo and maybe her and eve had a thing. also the whole serpent thing

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Say are we not suppose to get a new Heullva Boss episode this month?

Considering it's half over I'm guessing at any time now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Last Call posted:

Say are we not suppose to get a new Heullva Boss episode this month?

Considering it's half over I'm guessing at any time now.

probably next month. i remember "leaks" or something hinted april. espcially since merch drop will probably be around then.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
My response to that:

Moxxie is in this picture

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Saw this on reddit and it made me chuckle

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Saw this on reddit and it made me chuckle

*shakes fist at the heavens* Millenials.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Ngl I forgot that Tinder swipe right mean accept and swipe left reject.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Alastor knows what a podcast is, I'm pretty sure he can pick things up by context.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
He's a wendigo

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Alastor likely would enjoy podcast since it's basically Radio repackaged.

Now he did insult Vox as having a video podcast but that's likely due to it being TV and it being Vox.

The popular theory these days is that Vox likes Alastor, it's why he's so obssessed with him. Someone said there's a picture with him standing next to Alastor only with him cut out but didn't see it myself.

Might be more crazy fan shipping.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
While the canonicity of early social media comments remains sketchy with this franchise, Viv once said that Lucifer and Lilith are 'absolutely in love', which suggests she's still a somewhat heroic figure. If she's behind Alastor, it may be that the danger isn't in her hidden agenda, but in the chance that he'll break free of it.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

The Last Call posted:

The popular theory these days is that Vox likes Alastor, it's why he's so obssessed with him. Someone said there's a picture with him standing next to Alastor only with him cut out but didn't see it myself.

He does give Nemesis vibes.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
God I love Kate Beaton so much.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Thank you everyone that told me to keep trucking after not feeling it after 3 episodes. This series is fantastic and exactly what I wanted and I am so excited for season 2. I am now gonna go watch Helluva Boss again to scratch the itch.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Alastor knows what a podcast is, I'm pretty sure he can pick things up by context.

Alastor has an intense superiority complex and insists on being the person in control of every social interaction he has, no poo poo he knows what a podcast is he probably has one himself.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
He's also a confirmed momma's boy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kermit The Grog posted:

Thank you everyone that told me to keep trucking after not feeling it after 3 episodes. This series is fantastic and exactly what I wanted and I am so excited for season 2. I am now gonna go watch Helluva Boss again to scratch the itch.

So, what especially scratched your itch?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kermit The Grog posted:

And the latter should start releasing episodes again in another month or two so you won't even have to wait that long for new content

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

So, what especially scratched your itch?

I mean the songs, especially Angel Dust's, in episode 4 really helped. The first 3 episodes felt too simple and straight forward, like it was any other cartoon. It was lacking the zest I get from Helluva Boss, that messy emotional drama of characters dealing with their feelings in a messy hosed up world.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's that intricate character stuff that really hooked me about HB. There's just this intense flow and counterflow of complicated human emotions going on throughout the whole thing, like one wave after another on the beach crisscrossing in an eddy. I did a bunch of posts earlier in the thread as I waded my way through them. I don't want to say Hazbin is a lesser show or anything, but it's definitely different—more about lore and mystery and overarching plot, whereas HB is building these characters and investing us in them more than in the world they inhabit. And that's a bit more to my taste personally.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
That's not an unpopular opinion to share.

Many feel the same.

The rushed nature of Hazbin made Helluva Boss slow building of characters and story stand out.

I'd even suggest it retroactively made it better as fans went back and re evaluated it based on it’s own merits and not a mere spin off.

It feels like a lot more story than what Hazbin actually gave us.

Or to pull an Ozzie, it had a lot more girth to it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pyrotoad posted:

He does give Nemesis vibes.

I'm pretty sure this kind of relationship is very common in Hell, especially among Overlords. Like heck, the whole vibe that Pentius spent so much time fighting Cherri Bomb because he just wanted her attention and can't spit it out.

And I bet in a way it's mutual. Alastor absolutely comes off as the type who loves having seething, passionate enemies, it's practically as good as worship. This is the dude who literally antagonizes Lucifer himself.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm pretty sure this kind of relationship is very common in Hell, especially among Overlords. Like heck, the whole vibe that Pentius spent so much time fighting Cherri Bomb because he just wanted her attention and can't spit it out.

And I bet in a way it's mutual. Alastor absolutely comes off as the type who loves having seething, passionate enemies, it's practically as good as worship. This is the dude who literally antagonizes Lucifer himself.

I diagree.

Most Overlords couldn't give a single poo poo about the other and would over throw one other if not outright kill someone if they could. More power and territory! It’s the name of the game. That's what counts. They're not doing it because they're school boys and girls with crushes wanting the others love. They loathe and hate one another more often than not. They rise and fall at each others hands. There's a reason Zestiel is the oldest and the others are not. They replaced older over lords. They certainly didn't do it thinking tee hee will they luv me now.

Cherri didn't give a poo poo about Sir Pentious at all originally. She warmed up to him, but as we saw she kinda does things in her own way. She's a spur of the moment type of girl. Bang him? Sure, why not. Relationship with him? Probably not.

As for Pentious he was all about getting power and showing how great he was! Getting power and respect. He gave those he fought respect, at some point he definitely did come to like Cherri. The when, is unknown. He likely got caught up in the mouse and cat game he played with her. But he was hardly doing what he was doing because he wanted her attention. Again, it was about power and respect. To be like the Vee's.

TLDR:
Not everyone wants to gently caress one another.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
kismesis

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/HELLAVERSE/status/1771269356254621708
https://twitter.com/HELLAVERSE/status/1771271406627570163
yeah new stuff coming monday

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm scared by how much I like these shows.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lammasu posted:

I'm scared by how much I like these shows.

i think its because its different. its not directly nostalgia bating anything though it does pull isnperation from ALOT of places and while not perfect it tends to be mostly interesting and fun. plus lots of good fan art. To bad about the drama but thats all fan now.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think its because its different. its not directly nostalgia bating anything though it does pull isnperation from ALOT of places and while not perfect it tends to be mostly interesting and fun. plus lots of good fan art. To bad about the drama but thats all fan now.

I'm actually scared about ending up at a cosplay orgy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lammasu posted:

I'm actually scared about ending up at a cosplay orgy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9M-neip0dU This.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

You never heard of the Undertale con orgy? Know what the worst part is? The only one you recognize is Sans. Everyone else is an OC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lammasu posted:

You never heard of the Undertale con orgy? Know what the worst part is? The only one you recognize is Sans. Everyone else is an OC.

Nope, i have heard of final fantasy house and such.