Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Oops spent 8k on a "ferristone" that is just a useless rock from the forgery guy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Yea it took far too long copying over slider values, but Dafoe and Mikkelsen on a daring adventure of might and magic really elevating an already-great game

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

do timed quests not start the timer until you accept them? The tutorial description kinda implies this is the case but I don't know if I should count on it.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Does resting in a house count as an inn for 'restart from last inn' purposes?

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Well we'll see what happens first - the new PC I just ordered arrives or some patches smooth out the performance. Hoping that the game will justify my finally upgrading my 2015 rig, bc I fkn loved dd1. I was hanging out for this and thought maaaaybe I could squeak by below the minimum but given how CPU heavy it is the issues some are having I figured well, it is finally time. It'll be a couple of weeks so by then I expect all your pawns will be at level like 999 but maybe when some of you are on your sixth ng+ there'll still be a couple level 1 pawns floating around.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmfao for the second time in a two-game series they've set it up so you can easily accidentally roll your beloved as a little girl

the first game had Symone, Fournival's daughter that had her own little quest-line and a special reward for getting her affinity high or maxed during it

this time you have Daphne, who has her own delivery questline as well, so you'll be talking and questing and giving her stuff a lot. She'll be a lot of people's first and potentially only maxed affinity (if they don't interact with the system otherwise, since you get like 95% there from her questline.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Hey, you know how heavy attacks have special animations for downed foes?

The Archer just stomps the living poo poo out of things. Rib cracking kicks and jumping stomps right where it hurts. (everywhere)

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Added my thief to the pawn list, since they're so rare. Is the oawn AI better about using their moves this time around? I remember the rogue equivalent rarely did any of the melee tricks in dd1, so I wound up usually only giving my pawn a bow and bow skills. This time around I've been focusing on the buffs like setting their blades on fire and reduced aggro firsr before cool moves, just in case.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Horace Kinch posted:

Mage vs Sorcerer: Mages get to keep their utility spells. Sorcerers are KILL KILL KILL.

Does this mean a Mage is effectively required if you don't want to just use a ton of healing items?

I notice some pawns are "Chirugeons" but I don't know what that entails.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Asking again since I think it got lost in the thread, is anyone getting a crash report when they exit the game for no apparent reason? Happens 100% of the time.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Does this mean a Mage is effectively required if you don't want to just use a ton of healing items?

I notice some pawns are "Chirugeons" but I don't know what that entails.

yeah pretty much. at least the normal heal this time is a basic ability and doesn't take up any slots

chirugeons pawns will use healing items on other pawns/you. So it's still healing item-heavy, but you don't have to micromanage as much, just give your chirugeon pawn a bunch of the basic healing draughts and debuff removals and hopefully the fact that you'll be murdering faster will make up for it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah pretty much. at least the normal heal this time is a basic ability and doesn't take up any slots

chirugeons pawns will use healing items on other pawns/you. So it's still healing item-heavy, but you don't have to micromanage as much, just give your chirugeon pawn a bunch of the basic healing draughts and debuff removals

That's kind of a shame and seems to leave Sorcerors in a weird spot, since you'd need a party of half casters to use one.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

he's mine. I found him

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Coolness Averted posted:

Added my thief to the pawn list, since they're so rare. Is the oawn AI better about using their moves this time around? I remember the rogue equivalent rarely did any of the melee tricks in dd1, so I wound up usually only giving my pawn a bow and bow skills. This time around I've been focusing on the buffs like setting their blades on fire and reduced aggro firsr before cool moves, just in case.

The combat ai for pawns seems decent for me, but during traversal coming down from high places they will occasionally just fall to their deaths which is both funny and annoying

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Khanstant posted:

Edit: anyone do this follow beggar quest? I can't follow a man who stay still all day.

he starts moving in the afternoon i believe

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Well the game is making the youtube rounds now. It's all pissing on microtransactions.

I'll be honest, I didn't even know the game had microtransactions till I read the thread here mentioning the complaints. They're completely unobtrusive. Its weird to find the game fun amidst so much indiscriminate rage about it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I purchased Dragon's Dogma 2 and I have installed Dragon's Dogma 2 and I have been playing Dragon's Dogma 2.

We killed a pack of goblins with extreme efficiency and brutality, and afterwards as I walk by my pawn to go loot one of them, me and her do a truly 80s action movie-tier high five. This game rules lmao

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Shard posted:

he's mine. I found him

that fuckin guy...

I carried his rear end all the way to the entrance and realized I can't climb out while carrying him so I carried his rear end all the way to the other end which of course a dead end. That is when I figured out if you put him down he just follows as normal and he can climb just fine

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

big nipples big life posted:

that fuckin guy...

I carried his rear end all the way to the entrance and realized I can't climb out while carrying him so I carried his rear end all the way to the other end which of course a dead end. That is when I figured out if you put him down he just follows as normal and he can climb just fine

He's a faker!

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
How does one like... live in this setting? There's something trying to kill me every fifty feet. How do you conduct trade trade or just fuckin exist lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Phlegmish posted:

Can I safely sell these jewels like Jasper and Tiger Eye, or do they have some kind of use?

I'd like to know the answer to this too. I didn't hesitate to sell mine because I needed money for sweet gear but definitely curious about this.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Drakenel posted:

Well the game is making the youtube rounds now. It's all pissing on microtransactions.

I'll be honest, I didn't even know the game had microtransactions till I read the thread here mentioning the complaints. They're completely unobtrusive. Its weird to find the game fun amidst so much indiscriminate rage about it.

Ask yourself, what's the most clickbait topic I can make about a new video game for the youtubes. Profits come from engagement, so we just have to accept the click bait bs of all social media platforms.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Where do I find Sebastian (blond noble boy) on the quest that tells you to head toward Melve? I've looked in the "search here" area on the map and in the town proper and can't find him anywhere, even tried waiting until nighttime to see if that was the trigger. Nothing has said he's dead or anything.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Khanstant posted:

Big round orange head and belly and skill arms and legs, mage, calm. I think I'm 35 or 36 on the spreadsheet, but my steam name is GeorgeRRMartinLutherBurgerKingJr.

I e been using the same 2 goon pawns and they're starting to comment on it haha. Tbh I'd feel weirdly rude dismissing one of them if only bc it's a steam friend, but I'm already thief so I don't need another.

Oh I think that's yours then because we're already steam friends. A good garfield.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

deep dish peat moss posted:

It makes a lot more sense in the context of just how world-altering some things can be: there are things that can happen that dramatically alter the state of the world and the one-save no-restarting system is meant to force you into facing the ramifications of them.

One example is the Dragonblight curse which will eventually make the cursed pawn transform into a dragon the next time you rest at an inn, and when you wake up literally the entire town is dead. Every single person, including questgivers afaik

Lol holy poo poo

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Junkenstein posted:

Does resting in a house count as an inn for 'restart from last inn' purposes?
Yes just tested it

Capcom shouldn't have put that option on the main menu even though there's a warning/confirmation prompt. There are too many careless people who will just button through it

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I found a cave and went in! Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Both of my wakestones and 90% of my max health later, we killed a troll and his wife(?). I think it's time to find a camping spot now, though.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

Hey, you know how heavy attacks have special animations for downed foes?

The Archer just stomps the living poo poo out of things. Rib cracking kicks and jumping stomps right where it hurts. (everywhere)

It's also great on bigger enemies. It does seem to snap them out of their weakened state afterwards but I'm exchange does a biiig chink of damage, more than just spamming little attacks. Sometimes you do want to draw it out though since you can regen stamina while attacking with basic hits.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Son of a bitch, I had an official pawn leading me to a quest and he leapt across a broken bridge, which looked a little too far to reliably make. Before I could turn back, my main pawn jumped and fell to her death in the river below <:mad:>

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Warrior is so much more fun in this game than the original. Abilities are actually useful! Really enjoying the charge that impales enemies and lets you run off with them. Against groups of smaller mobs I open by skewering the most dangerous one and taking him to a cliff. The charged attack where you do a precise upward stab is also super nice against big monsters. Tackle is cool, timing element on the light attacks is cool, class is cool.

Worst part of the game so far (aside from the lackluster performance) is that pawns don't repeat the same 5 stupid-rear end lines every 10 seconds.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Ooh it looks like some old skills have turned into always-on core skills? We might actually end up with even more skills than we had in the first game.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Babe Magnet posted:

lmfao for the second time in a two-game series they've set it up so you can easily accidentally roll your beloved as a little girl

the first game had Symone, Fournival's daughter that had her own little quest-line and a special reward for getting her affinity high or maxed during it

this time you have Daphne, who has her own delivery questline as well, so you'll be talking and questing and giving her stuff a lot. She'll be a lot of people's first and potentially only maxed affinity (if they don't interact with the system otherwise, since you get like 95% there from her questline.

Wow, that's, uh, wow. Hoping that gets patched out at some point.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sum Gai posted:

Wow, that's, uh, wow. Hoping that gets patched out at some point.

judging by the first game: probably not

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
It really does feel like they just remade the first game, refusing to include the quality of life tweaks and modes they added with Dark Arisen. It's kind of hilarious.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
yea it rules

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Yay just had my pawn catch me from a fatal drop for the first time. It was kind of funny because I rotated in mid air so that I would be falling at the correct angle for the animation.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
drat the sorcerer's blizzard spell and the golden oldie skull splitter can wreck almost anything.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TheMostFrench posted:

Yay just had my pawn catch me from a fatal drop for the first time. It was kind of funny because I rotated in mid air so that I would be falling at the correct angle for the animation.

it really adds to the dradog experience that they're smart enough to catch you from fatal falls and levitate up the side of otherwise impassable cliffs to solve puzzles but there's a, say, 35% chance that they will immediately choose the brine the moment you get within five feet of a shoreline

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
What the gently caress is up with the brine BTW. Did they ever explain it in dd1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

they didn't want to put swimming in the game