Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

zedprime posted:

I see it as more relevant than ever as women must constantly ignore incels and end up with a nice guy with a fur suit.

Gaston is clearly a Chad, not an incel. It is the Beast, a shut-in convinced of his own ugliness despite being perfectly attractive to a decent subset of women if he would only go outside and stop screaming at them for touching his stuff, who is the incel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Devo is a no hit wonder.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Gaston is a PUA

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/transparencyboo/status/1610249409375408131?s=20

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Gaston is a gay man

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/sausagehobbit/status/1770962396179489164

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

projecthalaxy posted:

Devo is a no hit wonder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMhwddNQSWQ

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/SenatorLankford/status/1770810252864205116?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Did all three of you have to cum on the quaill?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I was 100% sure this was a pisstake going by the absolute freakshow in the left picture plus the plating of that quail thing but...

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

I had this when I got dark forces for christmas and played it for hours. I closed my eyes that night and just saw hallways moving past me like my eyes were still open. You there. Stop where you are. You're not authorized in this area. Blast'em.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

OwlFancier posted:

Did all three of you have to cum on the quaill?

they didn't have to, they just chose to

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

I had this when I got dark forces for christmas and played it for hours. I closed my eyes that night and just saw hallways moving past me like my eyes were still open. You there. Stop where you are. You're not authorized in this area. Blast'em.

Man I could hear all of those perfectly and was able to visualize those hallways as well. What a hell of a game.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Meanwhile Massachusetts RMV DGAF.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I remember getting Gran Turismo 3 and firing it up on my parents floor model and watching the intro going "thats it, graphics will never get better than this"

I also have this definitely normal phenomenon where I just randomly envision locations in my head for no reason, often video game maps. Just completely uncontrollable, nothing happens that would evoke that memory, it just pops in my head.

Today, someone at work revealed their partner doesn't have an internal monologue, and he's not the kind of person I'd have expected that of. Another said a relative cant picture anything in their head, only words and numbers. For a moment, I considered that a worse burden than my own various neuroses

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Meanwhile Massachusetts RMV DGAF.

Had real trouble parsing that back window message. I thought that Free was an adjective and Read was a verb and that this person was offering, at zero cost, to psychically determine how much of a Karen you are.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

One time I played Goldeneye with a "walk through doors" gameshark cheat for so long I was one step away from walking straight into my bedroom door after I quit

https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1771180443653525870

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

codo27 posted:

Another said a relative cant picture anything in their head, only words and numbers. For a moment, I considered that a worse burden than my own various neuroses

Yep, this is me as well. This is being called aphantasia, and ever since I realized that when some people say they can “picture something” in their head and it’s not just a metaphor, I’ve asked basically everyone I know or meet about what their visualizations are like. Turns out there’s a huge spectrum of it, and sometimes it makes perfect sense. All the people I know who draw, including non-artistic drawing like a draftsman relative, are able to conjure up full, realistically detailed objects in their head and rotate them around, seeing color and texture and a solid consistent image from any angle. I can do, uh, absolutely none of those things, and the idea that people can feels like a superpower.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

https://twitter.com/AdequateEmily/status/1503672681018843138

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Kestral posted:

Yep, this is me as well. This is being called aphantasia, and ever since I realized that when some people say they can “picture something” in their head and it’s not just a metaphor, I’ve asked basically everyone I know or meet about what their visualizations are like. Turns out there’s a huge spectrum of it, and sometimes it makes perfect sense. All the people I know who draw, including non-artistic drawing like a draftsman relative, are able to conjure up full, realistically detailed objects in their head and rotate them around, seeing color and texture and a solid consistent image from any angle. I can do, uh, absolutely none of those things, and the idea that people can feels like a superpower.

Do you also lack an internal monologue?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I can’t even imagine filtering what I’m thinking through an internal voice and i also can’t really see things in my head other than maybe kind of a general idea of some shape of things. That might be why I’m pretty much always aware that I’m dreaming when I’m dreaming.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

`Nemesis posted:

i know someone who won't eat leftovers, she gets takeout or delivery every day at work. I won't judge on the takeout every day part, my office has a cafeteria and i just buy something there for lunch daily.

Not really sure of her reason for refusing to eat leftovers, but i know it's not because of worries about appearances. i think it's more like that it's "old" and unsafe? idk, people can have weird hangups.

Counterpoint: Pot roast. Many delicious leftovers. FOR PEOPLE.

https://i.imgur.com/1BG7wud.mp4

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

PainterofCrap posted:

Counterpoint: Pot roast. Many delicious leftovers. FOR PEOPLE.

https://i.imgur.com/1BG7wud.mp4

I like your hairy beast

and your cat

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Kestral posted:

when some people say they can “picture something” in their head and it’s not just a metaphor
I think I was in my twenties when I discovered this. I had always thought it was just a colourful way of saying "think about". It always seemed like such babyish histrionics when people said an actor in a book adaptation didn't match their mental image of them, like they were just saying "that's not who I would have cast if they'd asked me". Never occurred to me that you could have any idea what a character in a novel looked like beyond remembering specific facts described in the text.

Dameius posted:

Do you also lack an internal monologue?
I still can't get my head around the idea of not having an internal monologue. I first encountered the concept when I was talking to someone online who'd been deaf their entire life and I suddenly had the thought "Wait, how do you think if you don't know what words sound like?"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I do sometimes have long sequences of thoughts that aren't really verbal, and for instance the recognition when you see a face you know but have no actual name connected to it is something similar.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Nessus posted:

I do sometimes have long sequences of thoughts that aren't really verbal, and for instance the recognition when you see a face you know but have no actual name connected to it is something similar.
Prosopagnosia is the word for (clinical as opposed to general goon} face-blindness, lethonomia is the word for name-...deafness? Specifically "name forgetfulness" since it's a River Lethe reference.

I've never had a problem remembering faces and vibes but names need some sort of connection to stick with me. "Oh, your name is James (and you look like [Finnish James]), no problem!"

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Kestral posted:

I've always been curious about this. Do your memories not play in your head like a movie or is that something different? I feel like I am on that spectrum somewhere, in that I can visualize things in my mind but really only through memory. I can't or have extreme difficult creating images in my mind or draw an original image (or draw in general); I just see or hear the words I would use.

Nessus posted:

I do sometimes have long sequences of thoughts that aren't really verbal,
This would be nice occasionally. Mine is like a constant loving narration.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Ommin posted:

This would be nice occasionally. Mine is like a constant loving narration.
Mine's great for personal enjoyment until suddenly I'm rejoining the conversation three connections ahead like I've been clicking links on wikipedia and no one knows what the gently caress I'm talking about or why

stringless has a new favorite as of 04:14 on Mar 23, 2024

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It's the only way I can win arguments. :dukedog:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Ommin posted:

I've always been curious about this. Do your memories not play in your head like a movie or is that something different?
Nope. I remember things like they're written stories narrated by me. I don't know how I experience dreams while I'm dreaming, since I'm only conscious of them when I wake up, at which point I remember them the same way as everything else - words.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Tiggum posted:

Nope. I remember things like they're written stories narrated by me. I don't know how I experience dreams while I'm dreaming, since I'm only conscious of them when I wake up, at which point I remember them the same way as everything else - words.
Fascinating. So it's your own voice in the void dictating back to you? I can relate to that somewhat. Is it a fairly constant stream of narration then?

FFT posted:

Mine's great for personal enjoyment until suddenly I'm rejoining the conversation three connections ahead like I've been clicking links on wikipedia and no one knows what the gently caress I'm talking about or why
My wife hates this. We'll be in the car and I'll start a conversation halfway in because I thought I was already talking to her but I was just "rehearsing my thoughts" or more likely pick up a forgotten conversation out of nowhere and she has no idea what I am talking about because I sometimes irrationally expect her to remember everything we've ever said.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

You can think concepts in a couple of seconds that would take all day to explain in words. How can they be monologued

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Ommin posted:

Fascinating. So it's your own voice in the void dictating back to you? I can relate to that somewhat. Is it a fairly constant stream of narration then?
No, only when I'm thinking something. Most of the time I'm not (consciously).

freeedr posted:

You can think concepts in a couple of seconds that would take all day to explain in words. How can they be monologued
In my mind, words mean exactly what I intend them to mean. Somewhere beyond my awareness, concepts get assigned to words so I always know what I'm talking about.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

freeedr posted:

I read way faster than people can read aloud, so my best analogy there is it's like remembering what was just said but on a smooth rolling basis.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Tiggum posted:

No, only when I'm thinking something. Most of the time I'm not (consciously).
This is the concept most foreign to me. There is never a moment when I am not thinking. Some sort of narration or visualization or something is constantly firing.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Ommin posted:

This is the concept most foreign to me. There is never a moment when I am not thinking. Some sort of narration or visualization or something is constantly firing.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

This meme narrates my smooth brain

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I in no way intended that as a brag of any sort, quite the contrary. I also can't fathom the other poster that said they had no internal monologue. Like I get how you may not have a constant voice in your head, but to have none at all? How does that even work?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/flavor_waves/status/1771236637663719772?s=20