Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
I’m not an expert on either, but surely Russia and China are two dramatically different countries, and perhaps a country ravaged by colonialism and a century of atrocity and humiliation at the hands of the West and asserting itself as an alternative to the Western system might have partially different motives for opposing a resolution from genocidal Western colonial powers than Putin does?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I’m not an expert on either, but surely Russia and China are two dramatically different countries, and perhaps a country ravaged by colonialism and a century of atrocity and humiliation at the hands of the West and asserting itself as an alternative to the Western system might have partially different motives for opposing a resolution from genocidal Western colonial powers than Putin does?

I can't tell if this is ironic, but that sort of sums up Putin's aspirations for Russia's motives. Which is to say, caveat emptor when it comes to players in geopolitik who think they're big.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

China has committed many of its own colonialisms and atrocities and genocides, including ones on Muslims so I'm not sure why you are trying to paint that as a western only thing.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

socialsecurity posted:

China has committed many of its own colonialisms and atrocities and genocides, including ones on Muslims so I'm not sure why you are trying to paint that as a western only thing.
And yet, who painted that as a Western-only thing? The West did tons of horrific poo poo in China, no qualifications or whatabouts necessary, and the anti-colonial Marxist ideology of China's ruling elite is the lens through which they view geopolitics. You don't have to agree with it to understand that their worldview and strategy is grounded in a materialist perspective of the history of Western imperialism in a way that Putin definitely doesn't share. It's lazy to lump the motivations of the two countries together just because they're adversaries of the US order (as a previous poster suggested, not necessarily you).

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

And yet, who painted that as a Western-only thing? The West did tons of horrific poo poo in China, no qualifications or whatabouts necessary, and the anti-colonial Marxist ideology of China's ruling elite is the lens through which they view geopolitics. You don't have to agree with it to understand that their worldview and strategy is grounded in a materialist perspective of the history of Western imperialism in a way that Putin definitely doesn't share. It's lazy to lump the motivations of the two countries together just because they're adversaries of the US order (as a previous poster suggested, not necessarily you).

In this analysis, is it the materialist perspective of silicon manufacture that drives China's desires on Taiwan?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
And now Bibi announces land seizures in the West Bank while Blinken is *in* Israel.

quote:

Israel’s far-right finance minister, Bezalel Smotrich, announced the seizure of 10 square kilometers (3.8 square miles) of Palestinian territory in the West Bank on Friday. The move marks the single largest land seizure by the Israeli government since the 1993 Oslo accords, according to Peace Now, a settlement watchdog group.

“While there are those in Israel and the world who seek to undermine our right over the Judea and Samaria area and the country in general,” Smotrich said Friday, referring to the territory by its biblical name, “we are promoting settlement through hard work and in a strategic manner all over the country.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/03/22/israel-largest-west-bank-settlement-blinken-visit/

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Rust Martialis posted:

And now Bibi announces land seizures in the West Bank while Blinken is *in* Israel.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/03/22/israel-largest-west-bank-settlement-blinken-visit/

hahahaha they really don't give a gently caress at all

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's something that Netanyahu actually ran on, so I suspect that now that the pressure on him to resign is growing, he's going through the checklist to placate his core electorate, which he thinks should be enough to keep him in power.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
A while back, someone was speculating that Israel doesn't even need the munitions the US sends them, and wondering whether American bombs had even been dropped in Gaza, and so the US might not be able to stop the genocide anyway:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2024/03/joe-biden-israel-gaza-war-netanyahu-rafah-palestinians/ posted:

Among other weapons, the United States has sent tens of thousands of artillery shells and thousands of unguided “dumb” bombs. It is not known just how many of them have been used in Gaza, but Israelis have not hidden the fact that these weapons are essential to the war effort. “All of our missiles, the ammunition, the precision-guided bombs, all the airplanes and bombs, it’s all from the US,” retired Israeli Maj. General Itzhak Brik said in November. “The minute they turn off the tap, you can’t keep fighting. You have no capability.”

The president has broad authority to restrict weapons transfers under US law. Brian Finucane, a senior adviser at the International Crisis Group, worked for nearly a decade as a State Department attorney. He said the process by which Biden could stop more weapons from being sent to Israel is simple. “He tells the State Department, ‘Nope. Pause these transfers. We’re not doing this anymore.'”

I think this puts that mystery to rest, in case anyone was still in doubt: The US could end this genocide if they wanted. The genocide continues because the US wants it to, and more specifically, because Biden can't be bothered to make a phone call.

Esran fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Mar 23, 2024

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Esran posted:

A while back, someone was speculating that Israel doesn't even need the munitions the US sends them, and wondering whether American bombs had even been dropped in Gaza, and so the US might not be able to stop the genocide anyway:

I think this puts that mystery to rest, in case anyone was still in doubt: The US could end this genocide if they wanted. The genocide continues because the US wants it to, and more specifically, because Biden can't be bothered to make a phone call.

This was already covered and is old news. That quote is from November.

Also, the genocide has been ongoing for nearly the entire existence of Israel, which is well before Biden was a politician. No need to pretend like Biden is the sole reason it hasn’t stopped

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Kalit posted:

Also, the genocide has been ongoing for nearly the entire existence of Israel, which is well before Biden was a politician. No need to pretend like Biden is the sole reason it hasn’t stopped

In the land of Dungeons and Debates, the usage of the term "sole" has consequences, does it not? What is it that you are arguing here?

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

Rappaport posted:

In the land of Dungeons and Debates, the usage of the term "sole" has consequences, does it not? What is it that you are arguing here?

Did you not read the post I was responding to? It’s literally what was being claimed….

Esran posted:

The genocide continues because the US wants it to, and more specifically, because Biden can't be bothered to make a phone call.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Rust Martialis posted:

Biden and Schumer just gave big overtures to the two state solution, and this is a huge slap in the face to just expressed US wishes.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

Kalit posted:

This was already covered and is old news. That quote is from November.

Your tone reads like you disagree with me, but the statements you're making support what I'm saying, so that's a bit weird.

To me it reads like you're saying that it is old news that Israel depends on the US for the equipment and munitions they're using to perform the genocide, and so we should have known better than to question whether the US can end the genocide, or whether US weapons are involved in performing the genocide. That's true, but I wanted to mention it because people were asking these questions in this thread not too long ago, so clearly some of us didn't get the message. Old news is relevant if people don't remember it or didn't catch it the first time.

And your other point seems to be that the genocide predates the Biden administration. That has nothing to do with whether Biden could end the genocide now, all that says is that support for genocide was endemic in the US political establishment even before Biden was president. I never claimed Biden was solely responsible for the genocide happening in the first place, I'm claiming that the genocide continues today because Biden doesn't want to give the order to stop weapons transfers to Israel, which he could do unilaterally.

I agree with both of the things you seem to be saying by the way. This isn't just Biden's fault, the US political system as a whole is culpable. But Biden is currently the president and has the power to stop the genocide, so talking about how previous presidents were also monsters and also held that power didn't seem relevant to me. It's a good point that we should remember that though.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Kalit posted:

Did you not read the post I was responding to? It’s literally what was being claimed….

You just quoted something that does not say what you claim it says, impressive for one sentence.

That quote says the "genocide continues" because of Biden.
It makes no claim about how it started, how long it has been going, or who else could have stopped it before now. It also doesn't say that Biden is the "sole" reason.

I don't even fully agree with that claim but your twisting of that sentence to form something you can argue against is ridiculous.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

socialsecurity posted:

I’m glad the thread could be back to “what about China” while stringent is still banned and mods have refused to clarify why exactly he was even banned.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Rappaport posted:

In this analysis, is it the materialist perspective of silicon manufacture that drives China's desires on Taiwan?
FFS how is this relevant to anything? If you have a point, would you just come out and say it? Things like this make this thread suck

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Yawgmoft posted:

Biden and Schumer just gave big overtures to the two state solution, and this is a huge slap in the face to just expressed US wishes.

We can expect US response to this slap to be the foreign policy version of "Mmngh. Harder, daddy."

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Kalit posted:

You: "sole reason"
Rappaport: "sole reason? What? This phrase has specific meaning"
You: "here's my proof: [nothing that says sole reason]"

The Sean fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 23, 2024

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

FFS how is this relevant to anything? If you have a point, would you just come out and say it? Things like this make this thread suck

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

You don't have to agree with it to understand that their worldview and strategy is grounded in a materialist perspective of the history of Western imperialism in a way that Putin definitely doesn't share.

In the context of Vladimir Putin's genocidal war on Ukraine, which has been interpreted to various degrees between "dumb" and "listening to supposed pan-Slavic influencers (derogatory but about the influencer part)", it remains opaque to me how China's materialist perspective would be a contrast to the actions of Putin or Israel in their war schemes. Which is why I asked for clarification on this point, is there some major material scheme of China's part on Taiwan that eludes me? I am, as a dim westerner, only aware of Taiwan's heavy role in the semiconductor market.

Kalit posted:

I am quoting this in order to avoid the Dungeons and Debates rule captcha about not responding to arguments presented, and would like to thank the Academy for the esteemed fellows who responded on my behalf better than I could.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Esran posted:

Your tone reads like you disagree with me, but the statements you're making support what I'm saying, so that's a bit weird.

To me it reads like you're saying that it is old news that Israel depends on the US for the equipment and munitions they're using to perform the genocide, and so we should have known better than to question whether the US can end the genocide, or whether US weapons are involved in performing the genocide. That's true, but I wanted to mention it because people were asking these questions in this thread not too long ago, so clearly some of us didn't get the message. Old news is relevant if people don't remember it or didn't catch it the first time.

And your other point seems to be that the genocide predates the Biden administration. That has nothing to do with whether Biden could end the genocide now, all that says is that support for genocide was endemic in the US political establishment even before Biden was president. I never claimed Biden was solely responsible for the genocide happening in the first place, I'm claiming that the genocide continues today because Biden doesn't want to give the order to stop weapons transfers to Israel, which he could do unilaterally.

I agree with both of the things you seem to be saying by the way. This isn't just Biden's fault, the US political system as a whole is culpable. But Biden is currently the president and has the power to stop the genocide, so talking about how previous presidents were also monsters and also held that power didn't seem relevant to me. It's a good point that we should remember that though.

My point is, even if Biden stopped weapon sales, Israel would continue the genocide.

Let’s pretend that the quote from Maj. General Itzhak Brik was accurate (which I doubt). Israel has been committing genocide for a long time without needing to resort to bombs. They already control Palestine’s borders and what gets in. Israel also produces a lot of arms/ammo for their military.

How would the lack of bombs prevent them from continuing what they’ve been doing for decades?

Fidelitious posted:

You just quoted something that does not say what you claim it says, impressive for one sentence.

That quote says the "genocide continues" because of Biden.
It makes no claim about how it started, how long it has been going, or who else could have stopped it before now. It also doesn't say that Biden is the "sole" reason.

I don't even fully agree with that claim but your twisting of that sentence to form something you can argue against is ridiculous.

The Sean posted:

You: "sole reason"
Rappaport: "sole reason? What? This phrase has specific meaning"
You: "here's my proof: [nothing that says sole reason]"

What’a the difference between saying “Biden can single handedly stop this” (which is what was insinuated) and “Biden can solely stop this”? If you think there’s a difference, I will amend my post to say single handedly :rolleyes:

Kalit fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 23, 2024

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Kalit posted:

What’a the difference between saying “Biden can single handedly stop this” (which is what was insinuated) and “Biden can solely stop this”? If you think there’s a difference, I will amend my post to say single handedly :rolleyes:

No, I'm not going to let you slip out of the argument.

Again, you said "sole" and your presented evidence didn't say "sole" (or any synonymous language since you see to try to be squirming out of "sole" but are still pretending it holds up in different words).

Zero overlap from what you claimed and what you presented.

I also find it convenient that you ignored the word "and" in what you quoted and cherry-picked one portion of what the other poster was saying. You misrepresented it and that's what I and others are saying.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 23, 2024

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

Unless you can justify your belief that Brik is wrong, I don't see why we should care about your doubts? I would trust him to know better than you, and I think so would most people. Is it that you think he's being misquoted? Do you have any evidence that this is the case?

Your concern seems to be that without US support, Israel would have to stop the current "hot war" and go back to the slower genocide they were doing before, and that this means they would still be doing a genocide. I'm happy to cede ground to this. If that's your position, then fine, I'll amend my claim to instead say "Biden can stop the current fast version of the genocide, and is choosing not to". Whether Biden could unilaterally end the entire genocidal project, including the occupation and blockades is a different matter, and wasn't really what I was getting at.

On the "sole reason" thing, you are missing the point. The claim was "Biden could stop the genocide". Stating that the genocide is older than Biden's presidency isn't any kind of counterargument, it's a complete non-sequitor.

Edit:

Also free Stringent already.

Esran fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 23, 2024

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Esran posted:

Unless you can justify your belief that Brik is wrong, I don't see why we should care about your doubts? I would trust him to know better than you, and I think so would most people. Is it that you think he's being misquoted? Do you have any evidence that this is the case?

Your concern seems to be that without US support, Israel would have to stop the current "hot war" and go back to the slower genocide they were doing before, and that this means they would still be doing a genocide. I'm happy to cede ground to this. If that's your position, then fine, I'll amend my claim to instead say "Biden can stop the current fast version of the genocide, and is choosing not to". Whether Biden could unilaterally end the entire genocidal project, including the occupation and blockades is a different matter, and wasn't really what I was getting at.

On the "sole reason" thing, you are missing the point. The claim was "Biden could stop the genocide". Stating that the genocide is older than Biden's presidency isn't any kind of counterargument, it's a complete non-sequitor.

Edit:

Also free Stringent already.

There we go. Yes, Biden should stop selling weapons to Israel and could prevent additional casualties on the ongoing genocide. I, of course, completely agree with that. But that won’t even come close to stopping the genocide.

As far as Brik’s statement, I don’t really feel like retreading this ground, as that was just a side note. If you’re genuinely curious about my stance, you can find it in my post history ITT.

And one last clarifying comment, I had brought up decades of genocide to help provide evidence that Israel can commit genocide just fine without Biden’s bombs.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
https://twitter.com/prem_thakker/status/1771562821425275249

There is no real argument to be made against Palestinians bringing their grievances to the international community, beyond a slavish devotion to Israel, and a strong belief that they are both committing war crimes & that those war crimes are good. I won't be surprised if Biden signs it.

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/23/politics/biden-government-funding-bill-congress/index.html

Biden already signed this bill. It was the government funding bill.

Edit: He may have signed it in between you and me posting. Or at least right about when you were making your original post.

gurragadon fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 23, 2024

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Rappaport posted:

In the context of Vladimir Putin's genocidal war on Ukraine, which has been interpreted to various degrees between "dumb" and "listening to supposed pan-Slavic influencers (derogatory but about the influencer part)", it remains opaque to me how China's materialist perspective would be a contrast to the actions of Putin or Israel in their war schemes. Which is why I asked for clarification on this point, is there some major material scheme of China's part on Taiwan that eludes me? I am, as a dim westerner, only aware of Taiwan's heavy role in the semiconductor market.
OK, this makes sense, I think we're just using "materialist" differently. I'm using it to refer to a class-based perspective on history (historical materialism) that orients the geopolitical worldview of Marxist ideology, which the Chinese leadership by all accounts is quite sincere about, and I think you're using it to refer to specific geopolitical interests in a great-power game (at least the way that game is typically understood in the West, including Russia). My point is that these are entirely different ideologies and worldviews, and folks lumping "China and Russia" into some kind of singular anti-US interest group is lazy and perpetuates an ignorance of a world that is much more complex than that.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I'll try to tie it back to Israel/Palestine

Taiwan donates NT$15.9 million to Israel

www.taiwannews.com.tw - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 posted:

## Foreign ministry says funds for medical teams, not military

Haim Bibas, the head of the Federation of Local Authorities Israel, shakes hands with Ya-ping Lee (李雅萍), the head of Taiwan's mission in Israel, i...

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — Taiwan’s representative office in Tel Aviv has donated NT$15.9 million (US$500,000) to local government agencies in Israel.

The Federation of Local Authorities in Israel posted a message of thanks to the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Tel Aviv for the donation on Thursday (March 14). Taiwan’s representative office replied with a post that said it was glad a partnership had begun, and that it looked forward to more exchanges soon.

Taiwan’s foreign ministry told Taiwan News the donation would be used to sponsor medical emergency response patrol teams in 12 Israeli cities. The ministry said the teams will be staffed by volunteers, and organized by the federation to whom the money was given.

The ministry said the items donated include communications and medical supplies, and that the funds will not be used to support military operations in Gaza. The foreign ministry also said it hopes Israel and Palestinian authorities will continue to pursue a ceasefire in line with previous efforts.

The donation comes as Israel faces the weakening of typically rock-solid support from the U.S. over the ongoing military campaign in Gaza that has left more than 30,000 Palestinians dead. Children are estimated to account for more than 40% of those killed.

Multiple protests have occurred in Taiwan calling for a ceasefire in Gaza, and accusing the Israeli government of committing genocide against Palestinians. Despite the protests, Taiwan's support for Israel has remained strong since the surprise Hamas attack that killed more than 1,100 Israelis and foreign nationals last October.

Israel has denied genocidal intent against Palestinians in the United Nations International Court of Justice (ICJ). In defense of genocide claims brought by South Africa, Israel argued that the war in Gaza is one of defense, and is against the Palestinian military group Hamas, not the Palestinian people.

When ruling on the case in late January, the ICJ called on Israel and its military “to take all measures within its power” to prevent acts of genocide. It stopped short of calling for the ceasefire that was requested by South Africa's legal team.
(Why are they doing this, what's the deal??)

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

Kalit posted:

There we go. Yes, Biden should stop selling weapons to Israel and could prevent additional casualties on the ongoing genocide. I, of course, completely agree with that. But that won’t even come close to stopping the genocide.

As far as Brik’s statement, I don’t really feel like retreading this ground, as that was just a side note. If you’re genuinely curious about my stance, you can find it in my post history ITT.

And one last clarifying comment, I had brought up decades of genocide to help provide evidence that Israel can commit genocide just fine without Biden’s bombs.

Biden ending weapons transfers probably won't stop the entire colonialist genocide project that's been going on for decades, but it would stop the current "hot war", is the point. He can do that unilaterally and is choosing not to.

I don't particularly feel like having homework assigned to figure out how you would support your doubts about Brik, so I'll just assume you withdraw that point.

No one has said that Israel can't commit a slow genocide without US bombs (without US political and military cover however I think it becomes a lot more debatable). But it seems very likely Israel wouldn't be able to do the fast genocide/direct massacres they've been doing since October, which is what Brik was saying.

Also so we don't forget: Even if none of this were true and Israel could do everything solo, it would not absolve Biden of responsibility for actively funding and arming a genocidal state, and not letting up at all as the corpses pile up. This is his genocide just as much as it is Netanyahu's.

Neurolimal posted:

https://twitter.com/prem_thakker/status/1771562821425275249

There is no real argument to be made against Palestinians bringing their grievances to the international community, beyond a slavish devotion to Israel, and a strong belief that they are both committing war crimes & that those war crimes are good. I won't be surprised if Biden signs it.

The bill also drops funding for the UN Commission of Inquiry against Israel.

Kagrenak
Sep 8, 2010

So glad that Congress is so dysfunctional that we basically pass only one kind of bill that either passes or the government shuts down. Neatly avoids having to be out there visibly defending and debating heinous poo poo like this.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I’m glad the thread could be back to “what about China” while stringent is still banned and mods have refused to clarify why exactly he was even banned.

Weird how you are quoting me and not the people who brought China into the discussion in the first place, again.

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

The only reason to bring up China or Russia is to point out how the American ability to dictate what is an atrocity has been completely obliterated. No one can listen to years of accusations that any Russian attacks on Ukrainians infrastructure meant an impending obliteration of the Ukrainian people, only to have the US shrug and continue sending weapons to an Israel who blew up every hospital in the Gaza Strip without realizing that the west is completely empty of principle. Accusations of genocide coming from any nation that’s spent the last six months carrying water for the IDF are all null and void. This is even more valid when the target of said accusation happens to fall outside the “western rules based global order”.

More than willing to accept that any given nation is performing genocide, but the evidence is going to have to be sourced from a nation that hasn’t spent half a year funding and protecting a genocide itself.

It was boy-who-cried-wolf before (saddam is hitler, Assad is hitler, bin Laden is hitler, gaddafi is Hitler, Putin is Hitler) but now it’s like if the boy who cried wolf also owned and operated a poorly secured leopard farm. Like who gives a poo poo what the west has to say at this point

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Kalit posted:

How morally culpable do you believe Biden is for the current round of slaughter which has killed over 30,000, and do you believe he should face consequences for this culpability, if any, under international law?

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Yes, it would be great to get some clarification here.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

As a Muslim it’s so disgusting to see that being used as a ban reason while people can freely hasbara post and do real genocide denialism on Palestine, insanely islamaphobic act during Ramadan of all months too

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Eyewitnesses report hell on earth conditions at Al-Shifa hospital

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...%8a%d8%b1%d8%a9

quote:

The Palestinian Jamila Al-Hassi, who was besieged in the vicinity of the Al-Shifa Complex, told Al Jazeera that the occupation forces forced 65 families to leave the vicinity of the complex, after burning the building in which they were holed up. Al-Hassi added that the besieged people have been appealing to the Red Cross for 6 days to provide water for children and the sick, or to intervene to evacuate them without any harm. Feasibility.

She continued, "The occupation forces killed and burned entire families, and also raped and killed women."

In turn, journalist Jihad Abu Shanab, in the vicinity of the Shifa complex, told Al Jazeera that dozens of families have been trapped without water or food for 6 days in homes and neighborhoods near the Shifa complex, and are being exposed to gunfire and violent air and artillery bombardment. They have been calling for several days for the Red Cross and international organizations to intervene to save them.

Abu Shanab indicated that some citizens who were able to leave told him that there were dozens of martyrs and injured in the streets, and that the occupation forces demolished 8 houses on top of their resident.

A child, one of the survivors of the executions carried out by the Israeli occupation forces after their release from the Shifa Medical Complex in Gaza City, said that all those who were with him were killed by occupation snipers, despite being told that they were safe, after the occupation forces arrested them for several hours.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

skipmyseashells posted:

As a Muslim it’s so disgusting to see that being used as a ban reason while people can freely hasbara post and do real genocide denialism on Palestine, insanely islamaphobic act during Ramadan of all months too

Who has done genocide denialism about Palestine recently ITT? There's a couple posters who have done this in the past, of course. But I feel like there hasn't been any this month, at least that I've seen (unless I'm mis-remembering).

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016

Kalit posted:

Who has done genocide denialism about Palestine recently ITT? There's a couple posters who have done this in the past, of course. But I feel like there hasn't been any this month, at least that I've seen (unless I'm mis-remembering).

One could argue that stating "Israel is definately commiting a genocide" while at the same time arguing tooth and nail that all actors involved in perpetuating the genocide are not responsible or accountable is a form of genocide denialism.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

National Parks posted:

One could argue that stating "Israel is definately commiting a genocide" while at the same time arguing tooth and nail that all actors involved in perpetuating the genocide are not responsible or accountable is a form of genocide denialism.

Who has stated that Israel is not responsible for a genocide that they are committing :confused:

Unless by "all actors", you mean "all other actors". Which, to me, doesn't make sense on how that's genocide denialism. Since it's acknowledging that the primary actor, Israel, is committing a genocide.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016

Kalit posted:

Who has stated that Israel is not responsible for a genocide that they are committing :confused:

Unless by "all actors", you mean "all other actors". Which, to me, doesn't make sense on how that's genocide denialism. Since it's acknowledging that the primary actor, Israel, is committing a genocide.

I did indeed say actors of which the US and the Biden administration are.

See you constantly running defense for the administration every single time anyone brings up their culpability, as you have been arguing on this very page.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)