Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Does this mean a Mage is effectively required if you don't want to just use a ton of healing items?

I notice some pawns are "Chirugeons" but I don't know what that entails.

You know how in certain Capcom games (Marvel vs Capcom, Monster Hunter, etc.) if you take damage you only regenerate a portion of it back over time? Same thing. Mages can heal you, but they can't heal you heal you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

lets hang out posted:

they didn't want to put swimming in the game

I am a little disappointed they kept the brine since it rules out sea monsters, which are a classic element of Greek myth.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

So I can just hire a friend's pawn for free even though they're 10 levels above me? Weird choice but ok

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Anyone know what quests are like "hard progress kill all your uncompleted sidequests" in this one. Early questsNot sure if doing the last monster culling quest or if doing any of the 'talk to Brant in the tavern' quests will lock me out of the others.

Mostly avoiding spoilers and just doing poo poo as I find it, but I kinda hated just blocking out loads of quest cause I did the wrong main quest in the first one.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Do pawns update their level / equipment / skills on the network when you visit a rift stone, or only when you pay to stay at an inn? I wanna say I remember rift stones working in DD1 but I'm not sure if that works here too.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Thundarr posted:

Do pawns update their level / equipment / skills on the network when you visit a rift stone, or only when you pay to stay at an inn? I wanna say I remember rift stones working in DD1 but I'm not sure if that works here too.

Main pawn levels with you, hired pawns only update after releasing them back into the rift and resummoning them if there any updates for that pawn.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

GruntyThrst posted:

So I can just hire a friend's pawn for free even though they're 10 levels above me? Weird choice but ok

in the first game having pawns way above your level reduced the amount of exp you got by a lot. didn't really matter too much but it did happen

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

lets hang out posted:

in the first game having pawns way above your level reduced the amount of exp you got by a lot. didn't really matter too much but it did happen

The XP penalty was -1% per level above yours capped at -25% per pawn and inversely an underleveled pawn would give a 1% bonus also capped at 25% so you could have an overleveled pawn and underleveled on to even it out.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
Sorry if this was already answered but I can't find this online because Google is convinced I'm not using correct search terms. Keeps insisting I mean DD1 or monster respawn.

Do chests respawn with randomized loot like in DD1?

I've already seen cool monster respawn, and difficulty changes, and collectables respawn. But chests haven't come back yet and I'm really sad about that. I loved finding random stuff in dungeons - gave me a reason to go back to places.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Main pawn levels with you, hired pawns only update after releasing them back into the rift and resummoning them if there any updates for that pawn.

No I mean when does the network update your main pawn's information for when other people hire them. I don't think it continuously syncs, does it?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Thundarr posted:

No I mean when does the network update your main pawn's information for when other people hire them. I don't think it continuously syncs, does it?

When you sleep at an inn.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I haven't had anyone hire my pawn according to when I've slept at an inn but he pointed out a chest with dialogue implying it was found from being hired by another player. does the game simulate your pawn being hired or does their knowledge update from other players more often than when you personally rest?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

A Sometimes Food posted:

Anyone know what quests are like "hard progress kill all your uncompleted sidequests" in this one. Early questsNot sure if doing the last monster culling quest or if doing any of the 'talk to Brant in the tavern' quests will lock me out of the others.

Mostly avoiding spoilers and just doing poo poo as I find it, but I kinda hated just blocking out loads of quest cause I did the wrong main quest in the first one.

So far I've run into one quest from him that gives a very clear "things will change" warning if you start it, but you don't have to start it until you want to.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

lets hang out posted:

they didn't want to put swimming in the game

And yet I am convinced if I can just bomb jumped into the waterfall just right Ill not die but find a world of treasure and wonder.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I'm interested in doing the magick archer class, but until I unlock that, should I start as a mage, sorcerer, or archer? Is there even a difference?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Neeksy posted:

I'm interested in doing the magick archer class, but until I unlock that, should I start as a mage, sorcerer, or archer? Is there even a difference?

At this time we don’t believe leveling as one class effects the stats of subsequent classes. It seems to just change fully over when it comes to base classes.

This may not be correct since there hasn’t been enough time for thorough experimentation, but it’s the general consensus right now.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
God this game is so addicting. The performance is nowhere near what it should be, but I just don't seem to care at this point. It's playable. I want to keep playing it

Game good

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Where do you find the pawn id after creating them? Want to add mine to the sheet but can't find it.

Edit I'm just dumb it's under status >pawn

Hel fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Mar 23, 2024

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i like when a games actually good but people think it's bad

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

This game kicks rear end and I'm taking a million screenshots.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I was following a hired pawn who claimed she knew a shortcut. She jumped off a cliff to her death below, which was loving hilarious. Then the other two followed her while I wasn't paying attention. Turns out there was a hay bale type of situation down below that... two of them just missed while jumping?

I unlocked two maestro thief skills as well. One will just auto-dodge everything for you (at the cost of stamina) so you're effectively immortal while you have it on, which is... an interesting choice, lol. (I guess the drawback is less stamina to spam other moves, which means less damage.) Helm splitter is as great as always at taking down the big guys.

That said not all is well in arisen-land. I was doing the gaol quest in Vermund. Well, the guards were ignoring me up until they weren't and I got jailed. I broke out by just walking out the back but now a good portion of the guards in the city will attack me on sight (but not all of them, which is also confusing). I tried doing the masquerade quest with the proper clothes on and everyone inside mega aggro'd during the opening cutscene lol. I'm hoping if I just stay away from town for a bit it'll reset but if it doesn't I have no clue who to talk to to like, bribe my way out of being public enemy #1.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

I didn't realize this was releasing today and went to the steam page and its "mixed", so of course I went and looked up actual reviews and looked at this thread and ended up buying it.

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014
For those doing the early quest Claw Them Into Shape. There's a small point of no return : when you get back to the beginning and Beren challenges you to a duel, you can actually lose and there's no way to restart it. The quest will automatically continues. You need to go back to your last tavern save if you wish to try again. I would guess those two states brings different consequences/rewards?

Also, did anyone try (also early quest) : to poison by accident the river next to Melve?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
just changed from a level 20 mage to a warrior, can't wait to get my butt smashed

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So for anyone who wants to get both Sorcerer ultimate spells (Maelstrom and Meteor) be warned they're mutually exclusive unless you forge some stuff and give the forges to the correct questgiver.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tricky posted:

So far I've run into one quest from him that gives a very clear "things will change" warning if you start it, but you don't have to start it until you want to.

Cheers.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Google Butt posted:

Haha I told my friend I was playing and he was like "isn't that a bad game full of micro transactions?" and we soon wound up back at redditors are stupid.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Is there a spreadsheet of goon pawns? I didn't see one in the OP.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Neo_Crimson posted:

Is there a spreadsheet of goon pawns? I didn't see one in the OP.

second post! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CPUxGkeK6FHGsSe1igMFOsSc-81RxfUxVHRDqr-KyE4/edit#gid=0

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Khanstant posted:

Haha I guess someone did a quest with my Garfield bc as soon as I rested and updated him he was like "follow me" and I almost thought he was bugged but I kept following and following and he lead me right to a quest I forgot I had and he knew some stuff about the area it seemed. Cool!
I used Garfield! He ruled!

Then he got killed by a Chimera. RIP.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
my pawns fuckin love ladders so much

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Came out of a cave at the top of the water way to see an Cyclops and Ogre fighting each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cf_tl44jnY

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 23, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CJacobs posted:

my pawns fuckin love ladders so much

All pawns do, it’s their number 1 hobby.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lamare posted:

For those doing the early quest Claw Them Into Shape.

Man, walking all the way back for that quest was such a clusterfuck. There was a griffon north of the city that attacked me and while my party was running from it we ran into a troll. Then an ox cart caravan just wandered into the middle of everything. Absolute chaos

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
It took me way way way too loving long but I finally finished creating my Arisen and Pawn

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

The pawn AI rules, just had one pawn throw a dead one at me while I was resurrecting a third so that both of them got up at the same time.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Clocks posted:

I was following a hired pawn who claimed she knew a shortcut. She jumped off a cliff to her death below, which was loving hilarious. Then the other two followed her while I wasn't paying attention. Turns out there was a hay bale type of situation down below that... two of them just missed while jumping?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deZ4NbIcTww

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I just noticed when the logo popped up in the opening and in the title screen it just says Dragon's Dogma without any 2/II :tinfoil: Expecting some crazy rear end plot fuckery please deliver Capcom

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is the best open world RPG ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Malaria posted:

BoltThrower-_- is my PSN!(gotta have the" -_-" in there fyi)

Pawn is a tiny mage named Gothgirl.

I sent a request but it didn't let me attach a message to let you know it was me

PSN ID: Glitchtastic

Any goon can add me. Let's share pawns!