Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

a fatguy baldspot posted:

This game sucks and I hate it. Just lost on the third mission of the level 6 it is bullshit. I’m just not good enough and the net code or something is haram and doesn’t let anyone join you after the group gets whittled down. There are too many bugs and they kill the running guys. It’s so stupid. The sickle sucks and I’m super far from the slugger which sounds right up my alley. Oh what’s that 285 medals ok. Garbage game.

turn down the difficulty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

Sokani posted:

I was stuck on level 6 for awhile, too. People who crash don't give up their slot in your server so others can't join in. You can fix it by closing out the game and starting it up again. I got past 6 when I restarted the game before the third mission so I could have a full group again.

friend was hard stuck on level 6 for like 2 days because it kept crashing or rear end in a top hat host kicking or w/e, I joined to help and did 2 of 3 missions and then the host crashed and it reset progress and we had to do all 3 missions over again

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I too, am a fan of the "pith helmet" style of that one, been using it since it dropped. Wish the "stealth" light armor actually kept the same green color scheme across its entirety to match though, instead of the tan pieces.

Griz posted:

friend was hard stuck on level 6 for like 2 days because it kept crashing or rear end in a top hat host kicking or w/e, I joined to help and did 2 of 3 missions and then the host crashed and it reset progress and we had to do all 3 missions over again
If memory serves only the last mission in the set actually counts, so the friend could sit out the first two and just select+play the easiest of the 3 for the final one to unlock 7, and so on.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Arc Hammer posted:

Anyone else getting freeze crashes during big fights? There doesn't seem to be any consistency to the crashes, audio continues as normal but the screen is frozen and I can only sign out and back into windows to fix it.

Crashes are one thing AFAIK freezes are caused by someone using an arc weapons then rolling the dice badly for one or more lobby members and freezing then due to a bug. Supposed to be fixed early next week.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/6UOoXLd.mp4

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

"The only thing peace accomplished was stagnation."

LazyMaybe posted:

post your fit

I'm a fan of the prosthetic limbs and the helmet makes the get up look like a Nod soldier from Tiberian Sun.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Kly posted:

turn down the difficulty

I don’t just want to get super chunks, I need to get super chunks, because that’s what adults do. They need things.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

a fatguy baldspot posted:

This game sucks and I hate it. Just lost on the third mission of the level 6 it is bullshit. I’m just not good enough and the net code or something is haram and doesn’t let anyone join you after the group gets whittled down. There are too many bugs and they kill the running guys. It’s so stupid. The sickle sucks and I’m super far from the slugger which sounds right up my alley. Oh what’s that 285 medals ok. Garbage game.

Wonderful meltdown helldiver

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

If you think the Sickle sucks against bugs the Slugger will not solve your problems.

e: Also the Punisher is like the first gun you unlock and it's basically the same or better than a Slugger against bugs in 80% of use cases.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I'm definitely a bigger fan of the Slugger than the Punisher but they will both allow you to do almost the same thing against most bugs, pop armored things in the face and be successful at it. Only a couple discrepancies between the two. That said I've been using the Sickle against bugs a lot recently and it's, uh, great. Way better against the new fliers than the Slugger, way better against the small hordes and you can just take the +grenade armors and some stratagems that are good for chunking away everything lighter than a charger.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Bringing a supply backpack along with any support weapon that doesn't include one of its own makes me feel so smart, like get a load of me, I planned ahead.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Look out, bugs, the Thinking Helldiver has arrived.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
lately I just like running rover+machinegun and farming all the small+medium bugs for like 400-600 kills per game

grown to like machinegun a lot more than stalwart, partially for the damage but especially for the armor pen. I'll eat the bad reload if I get to do full damage to brood commanders and headshot bile spewers.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I thought I'd be clever and shoot this shield devastator's gun off to survive but he really did just tell me "skill issue" huh
https://i.imgur.com/ATFIXUk.mp4

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Saw on all the "blue beam" talk and pictures on Reddit and thought it was a stretch. Then I had a game tonight where I called down an Exo during a mission and while I looked up at it to position myself to climb in when it landed... I watched in horror as it was zapped out of the air right above me by a loving blue beam from out of goddamn nowhere.

Felt like I just witnessed a UFO or something.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Triarii posted:

Gotta admit I'm a tad worried about their ability to get the game into a stable state, given that it's been getting worse over time and every time they attempt to fix something they just seem to leave it differently-broken.

The more patches I see the more I'm starting to get convinced Fatshark isn't a unique case with their spaghetti code and it really is this Swedish engine that's causing issues, it's just that Arrowhead doesn't have Fatshark's glacial update pace so it doesn't take 3 months to unfuck something when the Jenga tower starts to wobble.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

LazyMaybe posted:

post your fit

Light grenade armor, scout helmet and cape. They blend together nicely thanks to sharing the tan armor.

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
holy poo poo haha I did not realize this is running that stupid loving autodesk engine that went eol in 2018

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Hwurmp posted:

update: if your stratagem inputs are also set to something other than your movement keys, this should let you sprint while stratting

Unless you have a third hand you'll be giving up aiming while stratting.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

LazyMaybe posted:

post your fit

I went with the Brotherhood of NOD fit for a while:

But now thanks to the new warbond I've moved onto the 'Totally not a Tau Fire Warrior honest' fit:

But other than that, any mostly-black armor with the Steel Trooper helmet with the scouter can't go wrong.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

LazyMaybe posted:

post your fit

The helmet (and more rarely cape) sometimes change, but it's always something that complements the color scheme of the light armor that provides bonus stim packs and stim efficiency.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Frag grenades keep finding new ways to let me down when I give them a chance.

After I got used to being able to lazily toss a default explosive grenade at illegal broadcast tower computers? Three wasted frag grenades later, I am back to having to do the 100% frequency minigame as the cost of bringing a flamethrower while my strats are on cooldown :sigh:

Not exactly the worst thing in the world, but the fact it is even a thing is just.... why?

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

thotsky posted:

Unless you have a third hand you'll be giving up aiming while stratting.

I have a 12 button razer mouse and bound them to 7, 8, 9, and 11. Helps with doing those things you mentioned

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

Icedude posted:

But now thanks to the new warbond I've moved onto the 'Totally not a Tau Fire Warrior honest' fit:

This is exactly what I've been running with lately, the extra grenades are a fantastic perk on bug missions for giving me more flexibility to seal bug holes and pop spewers quick and easy with impact grenades.

Whenever I'm running something where grenade use isn't as big of a deal, I run the padded light armor for the extra armor rating instead with the fortified helmet because all the blacks and tans match together really well and I like the look of the solid faceplate.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDVfekQWnsU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Orbital Airburst has developed a magical ability to kill me with shrapnel. I'll be nowhere near it and a ricochet off of a Bile Spewer's armored forehead will decapitate my recruit a good 20 meters away.

I still love it as a calldown though.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Droxis posted:

I'm a fan of the prosthetic limbs and the helmet makes the get up look like a Nod soldier from Tiberian Sun.

That helmet’s a passable NCR ranger, too

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I hope they do something with those volcanoes in the background. Like, maybe a giant lava bug crawls out of it and it is a raid boss, or you have to blow up the volcano, or something.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Reiley posted:

Democracy's enemies hate this one weird trick.

Sometimes I bring just a supply pack and no support weapon and kill everything with never-ending scorcher fire. If I get into trouble I have 12 flashbangs.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Reiley posted:

Frankly I find the idea of a Helldiver that thinks offensive.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Crows Turn Off posted:

I hope they do something with those volcanoes in the background. Like, maybe a giant lava bug crawls out of it and it is a raid boss, or you have to blow up the volcano, or something.

Into the Breach: Helldiver Edition? Gotta defend and arm the Renfield Bombs as they arm before extracting safely on the Pelican at the last instant dying valiantly fending bug claws and automaton graspers away from the control panel?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Arc Thrower definitely causes soft freezes, at least on PS5. Was playing a solo game with it, because I don’t play by the rules. Got through the whole mission, collected loads of stuff, 10 minutes left and I fire it - and the game freezes. Can close the game so it’s not a console lockup (had those too in this game), but naturally all progress lost.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

I'm trying to look like a total wanker by unlocking the end page Skull Admiral armour set with the pips and stuff.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Reiley posted:

Bringing a supply backpack along with any support weapon that doesn't include one of its own makes me feel so smart, like get a load of me, I planned ahead.

* Fires "I'm a thinking helldiver" in Morse code with the grenade launcher. With each shot, a group of enemies rag dolls in the distance.

It really is in the top tier of backpacks, though, especially when paired with GL or either machine gun: you can just spam the #3 for days. It works real well with the medic armor, since you get stims whenever you pull from the backpack, too.

Teammates like it when you refill them right before calling another pack, too.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Yeah supply pack is clutch. It doesnt feel flashy but its incredibly helpful

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

I've never used it but I know what I'm trying when I play tonight, that sounds v good.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Its exceptional. 360+ kills average on 7+

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Dandywalken posted:

Its exceptional. 360+ kills average on 7+

Average laser dog moment, no primary gun required

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Once the ammo only 6x backpack drops I'mma grab that and a heavy machine gun and relive my bad company 2 days so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Musluk posted:

Once the ammo only 6x backpack drops I'mma grab that and a heavy machine gun and relive my bad company 2 days so hard

Hope it pairs well with the new HMG