Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

hmmmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

sharkmafia posted:

i'm mainly taking unsubstantive shots here because frankly as annoyed as i am about it, monathin is mostly right

not about me being scum or my cases not being genuine, but about me not really giving a poo poo and dropping a vote then peacing out. i have been loving useless this game

if people decide to kill me for that i understand i guess. you probably shouldn't if you want to win though

okay
##vote shwinn

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

could also vote opop. i dont really give a frack rn. just execute all the low post counts (NOT ME) until scum flips.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

im pretty neutral on shwinn but he does have the third most posts in the game

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

also hmm on reflection i dont think monathin is scum anymore

too much effort and conviction. not impossible but i think its less likely ##unvote

i guess the vote didn't matter, yeah

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

buy glizzys now free promotion FREE WEED SODA EWITH EVERY GLIZZY PURCHASEd

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Would appreciate it if Schwinne do one soul read at Opop right now

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Well only 120 new posts in this one, that's slightly less terrifying than the other game. ##vote Opop because it feels like he's trying too hard to pair himself with Zoya and talk about how incredibly town she is.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Zoya posted:

buy glizzys now free promotion FREE WEED SODA EWITH EVERY GLIZZY PURCHASEd

How do I buy the glizzy thing?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

sharkmafia posted:

so what this case boils down to is 'shark is scummy because he changed his mind about opop'

i did do that, yes. it's because I feel that opop is posting like lazy town rather than scum for the reasons described, and 'being suspicious of opop because he was doing nice to me' was always a fairly weak case anyway

"I had a fairly weak case on him so I decided it was better to discard it."

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

sharkmafia posted:

also hmm on reflection i dont think monathin is scum anymore

too much effort and conviction. not impossible but i think its less likely ##unvote

i guess the vote didn't matter, yeah

lol

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Tired Moritz posted:

From my experience, when two people are spewing words at each other, high chance that both of them are town

I rather vote oppo or Schwinne

Humalong voice: "When someone's main contribution in an argument is saying 'town slapfight', they're usually scum."

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
what are your thoughts on shark vs mona?

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

wologar posted:

Humalong voice: "When someone's main contribution in an argument is saying 'town slapfight', they're usually scum."

:hmmyes:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm a watcher but no useful results. N1 nobody visited Gulag, N2 nobody visited wolo

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

##vote op

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i think shark would be trying harder to contrive a case right now if he was scum

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i'm not really feeling a mona vote anymore

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Tired Moritz posted:

what are your thoughts on shark vs mona?

Shark seems scummy. Mona doesn't.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Voting the claimed watcher with claimed targets, which makes it easy to refute. I don't think so, bud.

##vote shwinn

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

sharkmafia posted:

frankly i'm getting mighty tired of people making poo poo up about how i play scum, entirely because they've never seen me play scum

I don't give a poo poo whether someone could potentially case me because I was on the vote for a town or whatever. it doesn't matter. I place my votes exactly where I want to place them.

"I don't give a poo poo if people can case me on my vote, which is why I get really pissed off on people do it"

P

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Also thank you shark for telling us explicitly how you would or would not play scum. That is definitely good and worthwhile information in a social deception game

##vote shark, scum loves to act like scum behavior is definite and set in stone. "Why would I do XYZ if I were scum It doesn't make logical sense" okay maybe this is a liar game and you are lying

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

wologar posted:

Voting the claimed watcher with claimed targets, which makes it easy to refute. I don't think so, bud.

##vote shwinn

roles are not related to alignment in this game afaik

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

SporkChan posted:

PlasticAutomaton - Relief Pitcher - Scum Sluggers Team has been killed in the night!

You are the Relief Pitcher! Called in when the opening pitcher gets too tired to continue, you have a lot of time on your hands. One per night you may target another player with ##Track. You will track them and see any player that they visit during that same night.

You are a member of the Scum Sluggers Team. You win when your team has unassailable control of the vote.

like what, we should have let plastic live because he was a tracker? be serious, wolo

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

shwinnebego posted:

Also which is more believable, town watcher revealing themselves when they have no usable information, or scum watcher revealing they are watcher to save their skin

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Tea Party Crasher posted:

"I don't give a poo poo if people can case me on my vote, which is why I get really pissed off on people do it"

P

correct, yes. are you suggesting there is a contradiction there? there really isn't

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

You know what we can deal with shark tomorrow. Their posting is weird but we can gauge things from opop's flip ##vote otterpop

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

vote opop for a better tomorrow

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

sharkmafia posted:

correct, yes. are you suggesting there is a contradiction there? there really isn't

lol yes I am. You say you don't care yet You are posting extremely reactively and trying to sway our opinion of you based on yourowen self evaluation of how you would play as scum

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

The more nuanced way to explain that would be 'when placing my votes, i do not consider how doing so will look'

this is totally independent of getting annoyed when people case me, which is something i do mostly when/because i'm not in a very good mood

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

shwinnebego posted:

shwinnebego posted:

like what, we should have let plastic live because he was a tracker? be serious, wolo

A shwinn that reads the game can't be a town shwinn.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

You know what we can deal with shark tomorrow. Their posting is weird but we can gauge things from opop's flip ##vote otterpop

What would Opop's flip tell you about shark?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

lol yes I am. You say you don't care yet You are posting extremely reactively and trying to sway our opinion of you based on yourowen self evaluation of how you would play as scum

Your own* I really should proofread these speech to text posts

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

well, frankly, you didn't fully understand my point then. 'i don't care' is not a blanket statement that applies to any action i could possibly take. Obviously I care about the game or I wouldn't post at all (although admittedly this game is a poor showing)

i don't consider how my votes will look when i make them. either they look good or they look bad, but speculating about it is a waste of time

when votes are placed on me i sometimes react. this is an entirely different behavior.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

wologar posted:

Shark is throwing a lot of support behind opop as a way to throw shade at monathin, and both the support/shade are not all that substantial. I think it's weird for shark to go to bat for a low count poster Who is just barely not lurking, So I get the feeling that they are scumbuds and shark is just doing a bad job trying to protect his teammate

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

sharkmafia posted:

i don't consider how my votes will look when i make them. either they look good or they look bad, but speculating about it is a waste of time

This game is all about voting, of course your votes and support for others is going to get scrutinized dude. You keep implying that we should only accept what you think matters in your posting, and if we were to take that advice we would be incredibly stupid players.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

This game is all about voting, of course your votes and support for others is going to get scrutinized dude. You keep implying that we should only accept what you think matters in your posting, and if we were to take that advice we would be incredibly stupid players.

I think you're just flat out mis-interpretating what shark is saying. He's not saying no one should scrutinize him.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

anyway

i still think opop feels like a bad vote/an easy target, so i'd rather not vote them

to forestall the obvious question- no, i don't yet know who else we should vote for. monathin seemed like a decent idea until they made a big ol post about it. rip opop if he dies before i think of something

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

wologar posted:

It would tell me that this is a scum post and a very, very silly question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

sharkmafia posted:

anyway

i still think opop feels like a bad vote/an easy target, so i'd rather not vote them

to forestall the obvious question- no, i don't yet know who else we should vote for. monathin seemed like a decent idea until they made a big ol post about it. rip opop if he dies before i think of something

whaddya think of wolo