Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Waffleman_ posted:

RollerCoaster Tycoon, one of the best games ever made don't fight me, is 25 years old today.

It truly is one of the GOATs. Happy birthday to RCT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

im so happy that, in many ways, DD2 is even more hostile than the original. but in a way that's super well considered and synthesizes a lot of stuff that's come out in the past 15 years that just executes on it a lot more coherently than DD1 did. basically the idealized form of a video game remake that rarifies what the original went for instead of diluting it like, most recent remakes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Super Mario Maker 1 has been officially cleared, in a somewhat anticlimactic way. The creator of the last uncleared level admitted that the level had been illegitimately uploaded with a TAS clear, so it was officially disqualified.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Some of the team is still trying to clear it manually, but it's not something they "have" to do for the terms of the challenge.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

Super Mario Maker 1 has been officially cleared, in a somewhat anticlimactic way. The creator of the last uncleared level admitted that the level had been illegitimately uploaded with a TAS clear, so it was officially disqualified.

This is scandalous

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Finally, Mount Everest has been summited, after a sherpa admitted he made a pile of impossible-to-climb rocks on the top and it was bulldozed away

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

homeless snail posted:

im so happy that, in many ways, DD2 is even more hostile than the original. but in a way that's super well considered and synthesizes a lot of stuff that's come out in the past 15 years that just executes on it a lot more coherently than DD1 did. basically the idealized form of a video game remake that rarifies what the original went for instead of diluting it like, most recent remakes

it understands perfectly how to make the experience of "i'm stuck in the wilderness exploring and really do not want to warp back to town because it will take a thousand years to get back here" engaging instead of frustrating

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

haveblue posted:

Finally, Mount Everest has been summited, after a sherpa admitted he made a pile of impossible-to-climb rocks on the top and it was bulldozed away

Technically, some people did complete the course themselves also using TAS, which could be seen as a legitimate clear of a level that was uploaded with TAS.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wouldn’t Mario maker always be cleared at all times, since you have to clear your level to upload it in the first place?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mario Maker doesn't count a level as being cleared until another player clears it.

The maker having to clear the level was just a way to try to avoid impossible levels being uploaded en masse.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i think the fact that the level is technically beatable means it's still gotta be cleared :colbert:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

To me the biggest surprise here is that there’s only one hacked impossible level in Mario maker

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think there were many hacked or glitched levels, but to some extent players could also glitch different things to get through them in other ways. Used to be this guy who did videos on various tricky Mario maker mechanics but not sure he's still doing em. He had a few one various glitches and patches that got rid of them but sometimes allowed sneaky new things.

It's a shame they just dump all that work on the toilet. If I ever meet Mr Nintendo I'm gonna shame him under my breath and then yell at him for deleting all my Pokemon.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Jay Rust posted:

To me the biggest surprise here is that there’s only one hacked impossible level in Mario maker

Most of the obvious ones were taken down by Nintendo and the group that was doing it had a bunch of others that they knew were impossible they excluded from the list.

This one was notable because it was by a big map designer who did one of MM1's most famous hard levels.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Overwatch 2 PVE content completely cancelled. Game to focus on PVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQeezCdF4mk

A game that truly didn't need to exist.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

jeff kaplan strangled the goose that laid the golden egg and didn't even manage to get a roast out of it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus, yeah a few years ago it felt like it was everywhere, I had a bunch of friends who loved playing it and I seemed to see stuff about it all the time... now it feels like it completely disappeared into a void and has become utterly irrelevant.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus, yeah a few years ago it felt like it was everywhere, I had a bunch of friends who loved playing it and I seemed to see stuff about it all the time... now it feels like it completely disappeared into a void and has become utterly irrelevant.

A few years being put in maintenance mode for "Overwatch 2" and a non-existent PvE mode will do that

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

this is the third time they canceled it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

third cancellation's the charm

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I can't think of very many other games that poisoned the well of their own fanbase more so than Overwatch, though I suppose Suicide Squad probably comes close.

Both likely owing to boneheaded mandates from up high.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Cancel Hard With A Vengeance

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the sounds of transforming robots is music to my ears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYDSkXCxvCs&hd=1

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Runa posted:

A few years being put in maintenance mode for "Overwatch 2" and a non-existent PvE mode will do that

yea to be clear they didnt update overwatch 2 at all beyond balance changes for 3 years because they were focused on overwatch 2. overwatch 2 launched with 3 new heroes, 2 new maps, and no pve mode. they spent 3 years on that. ftw.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Captain Invictus posted:

the sounds of transforming robots is music to my ears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYDSkXCxvCs&hd=1

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Speaking of Macross is coming to Disney+ sometime this year*, having been stuck in licensing hell for years
* with Harmony Gold still holding Super Dimension Fortress Macross + Do You Remember Love by the balls; because they're still trying to make a Robotech movie happen

There's also a new Macross series in the works :swoon:

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
And it's being made by Sunrise, too!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Runa posted:

This certainly didn't help but the playerbase fell off a cliff even before ow2 was announced because of really terrible mismanagement of game balance and the competitive scene too.

Just completely hosed around in all respects, despite being one of the biggest games ever made for a while when it launched.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Speaking of Macross is coming to Disney+ sometime this year*, having been stuck in licensing hell for years
* with Harmony Gold still holding Super Dimension Fortress Macross + Do You Remember Love by the balls; because they're still trying to make a Robotech movie happen

That is insane, probably the coolest thing to ever happen with Disney in eons

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Team Fortress 2 somehow remains superior

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Fajita Queen posted:

This certainly didn't help but the playerbase fell off a cliff even before ow2 was announced because of really terrible mismanagement of game balance and the competitive scene too.

Just completely hosed around in all respects, despite being one of the biggest games ever made for a while when it launched.

It was really insane how they actively made the game less fun each patch. Of course the pro leagues they balanced the entire game around don't exist anymore and nobody ever cared while they were around, except Blizzard who thought the game should be 100% balanced around their pro performance, even in casual modes.

When they cut the ability to have more than 1 of a character, the game stopped being fun and instantly had all the suffering of a MOBA.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Waffleman_ posted:

Outside of the mtx, I think it's pretty funny that I've seen at least one site post a guide on how to go into the game files and what save files to delete so you can start a new game because people are expecting to rush through the opening of the game and get to the first city so they can tell if the game will even run on their computers in time to refund, to the point that Capcom had to specifically address that they were looking into implementing a way to start a new game is funny

Warch 2024 Chat Thread: Looking into a way to start a new game

Infinitum posted:

At this point, I absolutely do not remember love.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/NoisyPixelNews/status/1771541530249228782?s=20

So now we're supposed to listen to the guy who took three years to not finish FFXV

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

the day overwatch died was when they banned stacking duplicates in casual. beginning of the end

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

the decision to force everyone over onto 2 and just wipe 1 from existence is, apparently, one of many worth billions to microsoft

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I enjoyed how they spent all this time developing a professional league then just decided "oh we are literally removing one of the positions that all you league franchises built your team composition and hiring around"

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I think this might be the year I finally work up the courage to finish a playthrough of Duskers.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cumpantry posted:

the day overwatch died was when they banned stacking duplicates in casual. beginning of the end

It was so fun when someone was like "let's all go dva" and everyone did and not long after there's 5 'nerf this' going off. Or going all Mercy and even the other team copies you because why not, it's fun and goofy and a good time for like 15 minutes who cares. If peos are breaking the stacking then just don't let em do it, nobody was breaking anything besides weirdo smurfs down in my leagues. They added some characters since then that seem like they woulda been fun at launch en masse, like hamster ball guy but Blizzard is dead now you're not even allowed to play their games.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Muscle Tracer posted:

I think this might be the year I finally work up the courage to finish a playthrough of Duskers.

Is there actually an end? I thought it was a pure roguelike in that you just kept going forever until you screwed up and got blocked

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Khanstant posted:

It was so fun when someone was like "let's all go dva" and everyone did and not long after there's 5 'nerf this' going off. Or going all Mercy and even the other team copies you because why not, it's fun and goofy and a good time for like 15 minutes who cares. If peos are breaking the stacking then just don't let em do it, nobody was breaking anything besides weirdo smurfs down in my leagues. They added some characters since then that seem like they woulda been fun at launch en masse, like hamster ball guy but Blizzard is dead now you're not even allowed to play their games.

They did in fact nerf that.

haveblue posted:

Is there actually an end? I thought it was a pure roguelike in that you just kept going forever until you screwed up and got blocked

If I recall correctly, you 'win' if you find an entire sequence of unique background logs (explaining which apocalypse occurred on your current run) generated in a run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

when I tried overwatch the only fun I had with it was the mode that switched everyone to random classes every life, or convincing everyone on the team to pick the same character in the main mode

the next week they deleted the randomizer mode and I later learned they removed the ability to have more than one of the same class on the team lmao