Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
They have made one player character action rpgs before. They might have the money and the ambition to do their own Fallout/Mass Effect now. Up close it would be easier to look at all of your sexy, smoochable companions that sold the previous game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/1771042750563012717
:negative:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Oh boy I just can't wait for Cooking Mama K... never mind that actually sounds fun.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
How long do I have to wait until I see Astarion's portrait badly cut out and slapped into a hello neighbor bootleg on the android play store

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love this game

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I assume that latter line was delivered with sarcasm

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

EorayMel posted:

Reminder that Starbreeze, producers of one of the hottest and wettest of turds of 2023, PAYDAY 3, is also currently making a D&D game codenamed Project Baxter.
Wow that PD3 active users chart is loving dire.

tbf I already noped out when I saw Simon Viklund wasn't involved

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Shumagorath posted:

Only game I've ever seen reach "Overwhelmingly Negative" review status on Steam.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Shumagorath posted:

That's the quality guarantee with games as a service, online own-lee.

/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I mean did anyone expect Larian to own the characters? They can just make new great characters. They'll probably hire the actors who made them so great again.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It's so funny that WOTC put out a Magic D&D Tie-in set with cards for all the BG3 characters but did it a year before the game came out when it was still in early access so completely missed out on the hype bump when the game came out and was a huge hit.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Entropic posted:

It's so funny that WOTC put out a Magic D&D Tie-in set with cards for all the BG3 characters but did it a year before the game came out when it was still in early access so completely missed out on the hype bump when the game came out and was a huge hit.

Was it possible there were delays one way or another? Not that WotC hasn't made bad decisions. As I remember, the Karlach card spiked in price after the game came out.

Playing the game now makes me appreciate the cards, even though I think a lot of them missed their mark. And now I want a Lae'zel deck.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

LifeLynx posted:

Was it possible there were delays one way or another? Not that WotC hasn't made bad decisions. As I remember, the Karlach card spiked in price after the game came out.

Pretty certain there were delays due to COVID, etc. on the timeline, and these were supposed to release a lot closer together, yeah.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I cleared out the Fireworks place in the city and when I walked out the front doors there were 20 Flaming Fist literally lined up down the street waiting for me.

Hooray for more XP!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Astarion will always be weird to me, just on the basis that my man looks like, talks like, acts like a vampire, admits he’s a vampire in his character select intro, was advertised as a vampire, gets all vampirish when vampiry-things come up in the early parts of act 1, and still, the PC can’t ever ask “hey are you a vampire”, they always gotta wait for astarion to reveal his vampireness to them

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

No, it’s possible to get Astarion to admit he’s a vampire to you before the bite scene, for which one of the responses is “well yes, obviously”

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That line only makes sense if you’re roleplaying as a very incurious character who picked up on the subtle clues pointing to astarion’s condition but didn’t want to investigate further

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Just as an aside - whoever the voice actor was, they made the toll collector my favourite NPC in the game

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
So many of the little roles are amazing.

“Makin’ me soup” and “Alexahnder” just repeat in my head sometimes.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

What the heck is this pose

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

No, it’s possible to get Astarion to admit he’s a vampire to you before the bite scene, for which one of the responses is “well yes, obviously”

It's my favorite way for the reveal to go down

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mzbundifund posted:

naruto run mid-pole mantling

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mzbundifund posted:

her Background card is Athleticism, she jumped from a higher point on to that narrow pole/column

that set was very fun to draft, if you modded the usual draft rules and made everyone draft one hero and one background, adhering to those color combinations (iirc Tavern Brawler was insane in there as well)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It would seem that contrary to assumption, Swen wasn't directly calling out WOTC/Hasbro as their reasons for not continuing with DLC + BG4. I'd wager there's probably a lot of staff fatigue prompting them to move in a new direction, since Larian has been working on the game for 8 years at this point.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

exquisite tea posted:

It would seem that contrary to assumption, Swen wasn't directly calling out WOTC/Hasbro as their reasons for not continuing with DLC + BG4. I'd wager there's probably a lot of staff fatigue prompting them to move in a new direction, since Larian has been working on the game for 8 years at this point.

I mean, what is the CEO gonna say? "Oh, those jerks were horrible.." He's been nothing, if not gregarious.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

exquisite tea posted:

This was my assumption, honestly. Larian isn't an MMO studio, ready and willing to work on the same game for 20+ years and still keep going. "Okay, we've spent the last 8 years working on ONE. GAME. God I can't wait to do LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE."

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I think Swen said something that they would have been done with it in 4 years without covid. So honestly yeah I would be sick of it too.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

grack posted:

I cleared out the Fireworks place in the city and when I walked out the front doors there were 20 Flaming Fist literally lined up down the street waiting for me.

Hooray for more XP!

Somehow that quest is still a hot mess after 6 patches and 22 hotfixes. Last time for me the guy in Rivington gave me the password but the guy in the store wouldn’t let me use it. Just didn’t have the option at all. So I did my best Batman RP and flew in via the upstairs window to start murdering people. I even threw a couple of them back OUT the window into the street. The cops did not care about any of this lol.

Honestly it was more fun and easier than doing it the normal way.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

SlothBear posted:

Always be sure she has a haste potion for this just to make clear who is in charge.

She threw a loving jar of spiders at me I didn’t even know she had.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Docjowles posted:

Somehow that quest is still a hot mess after 6 patches and 22 hotfixes. Last time for me the guy in Rivington gave me the password but the guy in the store wouldn’t let me use it. Just didn’t have the option at all. So I did my best Batman RP and flew in via the upstairs window to start murdering people. I even threw a couple of them back OUT the window into the street. The cops did not care about any of this lol.

Honestly it was more fun and easier than doing it the normal way.

the fact you give the guy a password to go up a floor then can't go any further without killing everyone including the guy you just gave the password to really makes it feel there were supposed to be alternative ways of resolving that quest that were just never implemented

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

The next time I do the fireworks quest I'm not dealing with any of the bullshit, I'm just going to pop a smokepowder arrow in through the open window and watch the whole place go kaboom.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nuclear Tourist posted:

The next time I do the fireworks quest I'm not dealing with any of the bullshit, I'm just going to pop a smokepowder arrow in through the open window and watch the whole place go kaboom.

I ended up aggroing like everyone in the town somehow with a top floor cloudkill. There's some wonkiness with the aggro tables on that one.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
Speaking of weird aggro tables, I didn't pull the entirety of Wyrm's Rock this time when I murdered Gortash, so that was nice. I had 3 games stalled in act 3 at once because that fight would crash once everyone was running around on the 2nd floor while I was still fighting people on the 1st floor.

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
What would be a good fighty Cleric build? I'm thinking of doing another playthrough as a gith cleric so I can swing the special gith greatswords but I'm not sure how to build the character. I want at least one level of cleric for RP reasons but beyond that to be as killy in melee as possible. The two most obvious builds to me are Cleric1/Fighter11 or Cleric 6/Fighter6. The first is just a fighter who gives up one feat for a few cantrips and two level one spells, not ideal but still pretty killy. The latter build feels more optimized in that I can actually cast some good cleric spells like spirit guardians and still be fairly dangerous in melee but it will take the first 2/3ds of the game to actually be fully operational.

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

Jay Rust posted:

Astarion will always be weird to me, just on the basis that my man looks like, talks like, acts like a vampire, admits he’s a vampire in his character select intro, was advertised as a vampire, gets all vampirish when vampiry-things come up in the early parts of act 1, and still, the PC can’t ever ask “hey are you a vampire”, they always gotta wait for astarion to reveal his vampireness to them

This is true, but he also walks around in the sun which is the least vampire thing any one can possibly do.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

This is true, but he also walks around in the sun which is the least vampire thing any one can possibly do.

I never played early access but I’ve heard he originally took damage crossing streams which lmao sounds both annoying and hilarious

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I had astarion confess he was a vampire and then still do the omg you’re a vampire scene that night. That was a few patches back but still kinda funny.

Bum the Sad posted:

She threw a loving jar of spiders at me I didn’t even know she had.

She’s just the greatest.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

We were accused of getting that Emperor achievement by Orpheus. But I checked and no one has it and I recorded my perspective where he threatened to enthrall me because this seemed like a plot event. Camp Events mod gave me a heads up.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Jay Rust posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Black Noise posted:

We were accused of getting that Emperor achievement by Orpheus. But I checked and no one has it and I recorded my perspective where he threatened to enthrall me because this seemed like a plot event. Camp Events mod gave me a heads up.

Sounds like one of your friends needs to come clean about wanting the illithussy.