Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it's incredibly easy unless you are a gigantic moron

You mean buying a linux computer will eventually lead me to using the Terminal? :eyepop:

Because that's what the Steam Deck is. It's a Linux computer, in a portable form-factor. Valve can throw as many layers of obfuscation on top of its Linux foundations as they care to, but eventually you're going to have to bust out a keyboard and get into the Terminal with a Steam Deck sooner or later.

Edit: It's why I haven't bought a Steam Deck myself. I deal enough in the Terminal for my dayjob. Don't want to mess with that crap in my off hours if I can avoid it. I have debated buying an ROG Ally, though. It's a Windows PC in a handheld form factor making every way of interacting with it worse than a normal PC.

Kvantum fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Tweak posted:

been out all night getting urgent care for my dog this fuckin sucks. This first place ran a bunch of tests and came back to tell me well this might be it. Then they ran a test again to make sure and changed it to, “oh maybe not!” Sitting at an animal hospital now waiting to see the real damage. Gonna burn down my pet insurance company if they deny anything

gently caress well this really sucks. rip my bayley: a good girl

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DMCrimson posted:

I don’t think it’s that lengthy or difficult of a process, and worth it for PS streaming on the deck.

https://youtu.be/Lg8kRQMWj0A?si=pti4kwhq3lGgc0Ht

I don’t have a steam deck yet but we talk about getting one a lot. With this, if I have the steam deck dock could I essentially play my PS5 in a different room on a TV instead of the deck? In the video it looked like the PS5 was also running on the TV in the background, so I assume doing this essentially runs your PS5 wherever it’s hooked up. So I guess I couldn’t stream a game on my account on a steam deck while my partner plays a game on the PS5 on the TV it’s hooked up to?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tweak posted:

gently caress. Sorry for the loss of your pup. She looks like a real sweet little potato.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tweak posted:

My condolences friend, Bayley seemed like a real Good Dog

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kvantum posted:

You mean buying a linux computer will eventually lead me to using the Terminal? :eyepop:

Because that's what the Steam Deck is. It's a Linux computer, in a portable form-factor. Valve can throw as many layers of obfuscation on top of its Linux foundations as they care to, but eventually you're going to have to bust out a keyboard and get into the Terminal with a Steam Deck sooner or later.

Edit: It's why I haven't bought a Steam Deck myself. I deal enough in the Terminal for my dayjob. Don't want to mess with that crap in my off hours if I can avoid it. I have debated buying an ROG Ally, though. It's a Windows PC in a handheld form factor making every way of interacting with it worse than a normal PC.
You literally never have to touch a terminal if all you want to do is play Steam games.

In any case, it wasn't the having to use a terminal part, it was having to get a USB-A to USB-C adapter to actually use a keyboard on the thing and I don't care enough so I stopped at that point.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I'm really sorry about your dog, Tweak. Losing a pet is so hard.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Also for what it's worth you can open a virtual keyboard on the Deck on desktop mode. I'm dumb and I was playing my PS5 on the Deck in like 15 min.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Tweak posted:

she was a good girl. rest well Bayley

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kvantum posted:

you are out of your mind if you want to buy a Windows handheld, i'm sorry but that is the truth. get the deck, you don't ever need to touch linux

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I can vouch for this. I installed like 16 different emulators and 130 games on the steam desktop mode and it was the easiest emulation I've ever done. My 7 year old self is so jealous of my modern day 7 year old son. It blew my mind as a kid when I had the nomad and could play genesis games portably.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The only terminal I’m interested in

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NienNunb posted:

The only terminal I’m interested in

Amen

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

thanks for the kind words for bayley y’all

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kvantum posted:

nah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

watched Madam Web just there. a fun picture

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

new review by pancake grump just dropped

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

qop do you put fruit on your pancakes or are you just a flapjack and nutella man

if the latter do you pick up the pancake and taco it with nutella

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

if i'm feeling fruity i'd throw on maybe some sliced strawberry or banana. that + nutella is the good stuff.
or mayhaps a bit of lemon and sugar

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

command line crier

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i want to like blueberries in pancakes but it’s hard finding a blueberry that tastes of anything

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

if i'm feeling fruity i'd throw on maybe some sliced strawberry or banana. that + nutella is the good stuff.
or mayhaps a bit of lemon and sugar

banana and nutella is def a good move

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

i want to like blueberries in pancakes but it’s hard finding a blueberry that tastes of anything

blueberry jam is good on em

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

blueberry pancakes are good. i can taste them. dont konw whats up with you

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Blueberry is subtle. Blueberry is good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

blueberry's plenty strong. if you can't taste them, give your tastebuds a rest from all the sugar and acid in your life, or go get blueberry tasting surgery as soon as possible

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Love a blueberry dessert/sweet breakfast but fresh blueberries themselves are garbage. Like munching on mealy water orbs. The Bastard’s Berry, The Goof’s Grape. Same with fresh raspberries. Love fresh strawberries. Blackberries are fine. I got some bad plums recently, no flavor. No interest in pears.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We have wild grapes and blackberries that grow around our property in the spring. It’s nice to just pluck a blackberry off and chomp on one while you’re walking the dogs.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wild blueberries kick rear end. They're like a completely different fruit from the big lovely grocery store ones.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Blueberry my toes

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Friends, we made it to Saturday yet again. What’s everyone’s weekend plans?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

play dragons dogma 2, watch basketball

gotta get my car inspected

im eating blueberry pancakes rn, they're good

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Mar 23, 2024

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

If you can believe it, it's Saturday once again.

I got up at 6, loaded three cats into carriers and now I'm waiting at the humane society to get some vaccines. After that I'm gonna put a lawnmower together.

Then when I get some me time I'm either gonna play bg3 on PS5 or dragon dogma 2 on steam and my son wants to watch wanka

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I went house viewing that was wild. Then to ikea

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ate a big breakfast. Watching Drag Race UK. Gonna snow blow then either play Spider Man 2 or watch Stopmotion and drink hot cocoa. Snow day bayyyy beeeeeee.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Its RAINING

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Euro Truck Simulator 2 and college hoops

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I'm gonna take a nap later since I've been up since 530. Then I'm gonna go drink beers with my one friend since she's moving to the other side of town and wants one last hurrah at her local bars. Might eat some wings. Or a pizza. Or both!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Alaois posted:

Its RAINING

its all rainy out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm going to go back to bed and either play Dragon's Dogma 2 or get super anxious/angry over something stupid because my emotional regulation has been a bit out of whack for the last few days.