Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Neon Noodle posted:

Same but Last Temptation of Christ

Same but Life of Brian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Nenonen posted:

Same but Life of Brian

Same but Kingdom of Heaven (Director's Cut)

E: Mistook this for the streaming thread. To contribute, It's always been astounding to me how a movie like Last Temptation can give Christ's humanity so much focus (and be ridiculed for doing so), and how it contrasts to a nominally more traditional film like The Greatest Story Ever Told where Max Von Sydow for all his talent is playing a version of Jesus that has seemingly read the bible. Dafoe's Jesus is at odds with his fate and the expectations of a Messiah, and there's a lot more to learn from Last Temptation about someone wrestling with self sacrifice than any of the more "faithful" retellings. That David Bowie and Harry Dean Stanton show up is also a bonus.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 21, 2024

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
n/m

Panfilo fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 21, 2024

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Panfilo posted:

Catturd, the right wing sycophant had apparently accidentally run over his dog and basically admitted this on Twitter for some reason :psyduck:. This is a guy who lives on a ranch and describes himself as an animal lover. I wonder if that's what really happened or his doggo died from more damning circumstances?

A lot of people post incessantly and live their entire lives online, so that even when circumstances that are better not discussed that just posting it would put them in a bad light, they just post it anyway. I know some people like this.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
The thing to know about Lady Ballers is that they originally intended for it to be a transphobic "documentary" where they interviewed transwomen who only "went trans" specifically to participate in and dominate women's sports. They ended up pivoting to making it a terrible fictional "comedy" because they couldn't find any examples of that actually happening.

Surprise, their nightmare scenario that they put a lot of time and effort into warning people about only exists in their heads and not in reality!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
what do you mean catturd lives in a ranch? isnt he a FLman living in some apartment?

he used his real name for his social media company and people did some backtracing, and then later when Catshit barked about gas stoves, people posted his place didnt have gas.

poop device
Mar 6, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Ayudo posted:

E: Mistook this for the streaming thread. To contribute, It's always been astounding to me how a movie like Last Temptation can give Christ's humanity so much focus (and be ridiculed for doing so), and how it contrasts to a nominally more traditional film like The Greatest Story Ever Told where Max Von Sydow for all his talent is playing a version of Jesus that has seemingly read the bible. Dafoe's Jesus is at odds with his fate and the expectations of a Messiah, and there's a lot more to learn from Last Temptation about someone wrestling with self sacrifice than any of the more "faithful" retellings. That David Bowie and Harry Dean Stanton show up is also a bonus.

Same but Kingdom Hearts (I & II)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Every time I see more of G. Gordon Liddy's stuff I continue to be amazed.

Like why does this exist??

https://twitter.com/superloafcat/status/1770953712439119944?s=20

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Ayudo posted:

Same but Dead Man Walking.

Devils Avocado
Mar 25, 2009
Silence is really good, and pretty interesting juxtaposition with the villainous Portuguese jesuits of Shogun. Like, no wonder they turned into a oppressed underground community.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Interesting concept of civic duty you got there, Massie
https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1770769079629987883?t=k5MebKiq10vRfx9ADFo_uA&s=19

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Speaking of Kyle, cross posting from the shad thread

Kyle Rittenhouse Flees Stage After Face-Off With Booing Protesters

https://news.yahoo.com/kyle-rittenhouse-flees-stage-face-150052450.html

quote:

Video from the event showed several protesters in black T-shirts in attendance. One of them stood up and questioned Rittenhouse about Charlie Kirk, the far-right conservative activist whose youth organization, Turning Point U.S.A., sponsored Rittenhouse’s appearance.

When the protester alleged that Kirk has “said a lot of racist things,” Rittenhouse immediately grew defensive.

“Like what? What racist things has Charlie Kirk said?” he fired back from the podium. “We’re gonna have a bit of a dialogue of what racist things Charlie Kirk said.”

The protester was unfazed.

“He says that we shouldn't celebrate Juneteenth, we shouldn’t celebrate Martin Luther King Day—we should be working those days. He called Ketanji Brown Jackson an affirmative action hire, he said all this nonsense about George Floyd, and he said he’d be scared if a Black pilot was on a plane. Does that not seem racist?”

“I don’t know anything about that,” Rittenhouse said, prompting jeers from the room.

“After all the things I just told you, would you consider that hate speech?” the protester asked.

“I’m not gonna comment on that,” Rittenhouse answered, as the room once again erupted in boos. Rittenhouse waited on stage for a beat, but stormed off after he was approached by one of the event’s organizers. He did not look back or make any other comments as he left the stage.

The boos turned to cheers as he walked off.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1770780277238849981

RWM gonna be full of apologists today lamenting how sad it is that poor Kyle is being picked on and denied his free speech.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

BiggerBoat posted:

RWM gonna be full of apologists today lamenting how sad it is that poor Kyle is being picked on and denied his free speech.

So much for the "tolerant" left!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

BiggerBoat posted:

Speaking of Kyle, cross posting from the shad thread

Kyle Rittenhouse Flees Stage After Face-Off With Booing Protesters

https://news.yahoo.com/kyle-rittenhouse-flees-stage-face-150052450.html

https://twitter.com/i/status/1770780277238849981

Kyle said "They gave me twenty minutes and I spoke for twenty minutes!" as a cope to him abruptly yanking his dog and leaving.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Guess he isn't as brave without a gun

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
LOL, never stop mad Mike, never stop.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1771150423337898360

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Seven Force posted:

He wasn't brave even with the gun.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
The guy Will is quoting here is a cofounder of the Daily Wire, so a reliable source
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1771169915304558881
Took them long enough to fire her.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I guess I'm out of the loop on that one. Why would anti-Semitism bother anyone at The Daily Wire? 30 seconds looking around at their fellow travelers of the right wing makes that a strange claim if they're to be believed.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

bird food bathtub posted:

I guess I'm out of the loop on that one. Why would anti-Semitism bother anyone at The Daily Wire? 30 seconds looking around at their fellow travelers of the right wing makes that a strange claim if they're to be believed.

She probably said something while everyone else was "out of character" and they realized she wasn't just trying to grift rubes

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 22, 2024

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Twenty years from now clips of this man are going to be used in anti-drug PSAs

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The pivot begins

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1771228032839176574?s=20

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Gosh darn the liberal media!!!

selec
Sep 6, 2003

bird food bathtub posted:

It’s because she said there’s a genocide going on in Gaza lol

...!
Oct 5, 2003

selec posted:

It’s because she said there’s a genocide going on in Gaza lol

Yep, this is it. They and their intended audience have been growing increasingly angry at her over it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The Islamic Shock posted:

Twenty years from now clips of this man are going to be used in anti-drug PSAs

Twenty Years from now he will still be claiming he has proof that every election since has been fixed.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

OgNar posted:

LOL, never stop mad Mike, never stop.

Does Lindell have any money left? Maybe he's looking to lose anything he has left and become judgement proof, so he can just spend all day and night on the streets yelling wild conspiracy theories.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 22, 2024

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

McGlockenshire posted:

The guy Will is quoting here is a cofounder of the Daily Wire, so a reliable source

I don't like because of watching Some More News I know now who Jeremy Boreing is.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Does Lindell have any money left? Maybe he's looking to lose anything he has left and become judgement proof, so he can just spend all day and night on the streets yelling wild conspiracy theories.
I'm not sure. I have heard that he has had money troubles, but I don't think at this point they are enough to shut him up, at least.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

happyhippy posted:

Twenty Years from now he will still be claiming he has proof that every election since has been fixed.

I have a hard time believing he won't relapse and OD by that point. But yes, while alive he's never, ever going to shut up about this.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Seven Force posted:

If I were those students, I'd worry about my safety around him. Wonder if those students shouldn't have been armed given his violent tendencies.

Ooohhh...MORE new evidence. FOr real this time. Jesus Christ.

Hannity voices an ad for this clown saying - not even kidding - that Lindell "has made it his mission in life to ensure that every American receives a good night's sleep." So what's all this about election fraud?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Hihohe posted:

Absolutely right.

One of my favorite movies of all time is The Prince of Egypt,
it is a movie about a religion not for a religion
It's mostly this, but I think a huge problem is how whiny it is.

Like you you can probably find a lot of people who have mixed or negative opinions about transgender women in women's sports, that doesn't mean they care about it so much that they want to watch an entire movie about it. It's not something that resonates with peoples' experiences, except for the imagined experiences of people drenched in conservative media.

There's also just a sort of emotional incompatibility that's really hard to describe. How do you make a comedy when your goal is to make your audience mad?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1771169915304558881
Took them long enough to fire her.

https://x.com/marionumber4/status/1771225430730641560?s=46&t=v69FFc9gmilk6I-vYnAGzw

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Didn't she marry into actual British aristocracy? House of Lords style?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

happyhippy posted:

Cute that you think his heart is going to last that long

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

But according to Ben Shapiro's DOCTOR WIFE that's normal???

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1771171955120476170?t=8uycYCV3VcyYZNldA8r_DQ&s=19

I feel like idiots like Tim said the same thing when Tucker Carlson left Fox News and when O'Keefe left Veritas. It's always people standing up for what they believe in, never people being so insufferable they got pushed out of their own goddamn echo chamber.

Of course this doesn't work the other way around- Don Lemon left CNN because he was a dum dum, not because Mainstream Media couldn't handle him Keeping It Real.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I subject myself to about 5 or 10 minutes daily of my local WGOP radio stations and Brian Kilmeade is weird. He's part of the mechanism, for sure, but seems to be the only one not programmed by the Conservabot 3000 software they use because he deviates from the company line on issues like aid to Ukraine, stopping Putin at all costs, and typically supporting the minority speaker, among other things that stand out.

Normally, all of these shows are remarkably consistent in tone, messaging, and exactly what they're outraged about on a daily basis.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Conservatives have a confusing relationship with Israel it seems :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Panfilo posted:

Conservatives have a confusing relationship with Israel it seems :psyduck:

Anti-arab racism vs antisemitism, it's always a dice roll as to which one wins out!