Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
That reads like a 12 year old wrote that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I wonder if he writes those emails himself

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Frank Frank posted:

I wonder if he writes those emails himself

ChatGPTrump

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

quote:

They want President Trump to ROT & DIE in a cold jail cell.

:pray:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

RADICAL LEFT DEMOCRATS SAY THAT YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT STINKS!!!

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Unfortunate time to ask “are you better off than four years ago?”

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I wonder who came up with the "Are you better off than 4 years ago?" angle. Trump or one of his people.

Obviously they are just mouthing the phrase used in previous elections without understanding what it means, but I just wonder who's pushing this line.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

if you reply to those texts will someone see it

i feel weird keeping goatse on my roll but

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

redshirt posted:

I wonder who came up with the "Are you better off than 4 years ago?" angle. Trump or one of his people.

Obviously they are just mouthing the phrase used in previous elections without understanding what it means, but I just wonder who's pushing this line.

I think this was first used when Reagan ran against Carter.

Like most things trumply it is stolen

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

priznat posted:

I think this was first used when Reagan ran against Carter.

Yeah it's a historical line. But it's just been coming up and now Trump is using it in his mad tweets. Someone's pushing it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

redshirt posted:

Yeah it's a historical line. But it's just been coming up and now Trump is using it in his mad tweets. Someone's pushing it.

They probably have all sorts of focus group testing to determine what polls well.. until the money finally runs out lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

redshirt posted:

It's probably straight from Trump's mushbrains.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Durf posted:

Is ‘ancient DNA’ the reason his eyes are 2 mm apart and he looks like a caveman.

Same genes as large Marge.

That facial structure is what many scholars call "The Gorilla Mask"

It goes along with "The Gorilla Mindset" which is just a stupid self help book that weird mike wrote.

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

:lol: This is pathetic. Yes, it will turn out the Trump cultists, but this kind of poo poo isn’t going to create a single new Trump voter.

I get tons of these texts now (meant for Mary from NH who used my # for something). At some point aren’t they just irritating even for the cultists? Like if the LDF or the DNC texted me 20 times a week, I’d get burned out quickly. I guess I’m just not a true patriot though.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've donated many election cycles and have tried my best to avoid spam, and it's worked until about 6 months or so ago where clearly my phone number got sold and I started getting a lot of political texts. 90% Dems but oddly some Trump ones too.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

redshirt posted:

I've donated many election cycles and have tried my best to avoid spam, and it's worked until about 6 months or so ago where clearly my phone number got sold and I started getting a lot of political texts. 90% Dems but oddly some Trump ones too.

Bernie sold me up the river lol

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LOL

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I donated through ActBlue at some point and they tend to send a lot of emails.

Its amazing that they all want to give you this crazy sense of urgency.

Yes I live here. I understand this place sucks and its going to get worse if republicans are elected. Thanks for the reminder though.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Wisconsin US Senate candidate hoping to get Republican nomination to run against Tammy Baldwin

quote:

Multimillionaire banker and Wisconsin U.S. Senate candidate Eric Hovde has made health care, namely his beef with Obamacare, one of four central issues on his campaign website. The Republican challenger to Democrat Tammy Baldwin, who also unsuccessfully ran in 2012, has long opposed the Affordable Care Act. Video shows that Hovde proposed enacting an especially cruel health-care measure: Charging higher premiums for people living with obesity and reducing the amount of care they receive.

“You become obese, your health care is going to cost more,” Hovde told public affairs channel WisconsinEye. “It’s a personal choice,” he said, “but there should be consequences to those personal choices. Fine, you want to do that, you become obese, your health care is going to cost more. Or, the quality—or not the quality, but the amount of health care may go down, because you may not have the money to afford it.”

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Wisconsin has a 34% obesity rate. Good luck with that policy.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it's only blue haired libs who are fat

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

kazil posted:

It's probably straight from Trump's mushbrains.

yeah, the reason Trump likes the “were you better off four years ago” line is because HE actually is the one person who was better off four years ago

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
"people living with obesity"

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

ManBoyChef posted:

I donated through ActBlue at some point and they tend to send a lot of emails.

Its amazing that they all want to give you this crazy sense of urgency.

Yes I live here. I understand this place sucks and its going to get worse if republicans are elected. Thanks for the reminder though.

Yup. In February I set up a monthly $25 donation to the Biden campaign and literally the same day they sent an email with the subject line something like, “We could really use $25 RIGHT NOW!!!” And I was like, “well, gently caress you!”

I wish they were smart enough to shut off the emails to people who JUST DONATED to that campaign. Like, I don’t even care about all the Bob Casey and Tammy Baldwin emails, just make it so I don’t hear from the loving Biden campaign for just ONE WEEK after I kick them some money. :jerkbag:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

deoju posted:

Wisconsin has a 34% obesity rate. Good luck with that policy.

Wisconsin and Mississippi used to be the two fattest states. Then, over the past few decades, every other state caught up to them. :shepface:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I route all the emails to a junk account so they make no difference to me. But texting me? No bueno.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Blotto_Otter posted:

yeah, the reason Trump likes the “were you better off four years ago” line is because HE actually is the one person who was better off four years ago

the beauty of MAGA: every yesterday was better for Trump!

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Really funny that there is an answer for: What was the best day of Trump's Life?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

redshirt posted:

I route all the emails to a junk account so they make no difference to me. But texting me? No bueno.

Agreed. I send "STOP" to all those texts. Email is for crap, texts are for when people actually need to reach me.

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich
Good times in the Senate last night
https://twitter.com/LisaDNews/status/1771374016382808181

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The worst thing in the world for them is "everybody has access to the same services and is entitled to the same benefits, no matter what"

Like that is just THE END OF THE WORLD

Not like, as some might say the whole reason for trying to have a country founded on enlightened next-level principles in the first place

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

loving :lmao:

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

LOL, holy crap

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I would relish telling Tom Cotton he's a piece of poo poo

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yup. In February I set up a monthly $25 donation to the Biden campaign and literally the same day they sent an email with the subject line something like, “We could really use $25 RIGHT NOW!!!” And I was like, “well, gently caress you!”

I wish they were smart enough to shut off the emails to people who JUST DONATED to that campaign. Like, I don’t even care about all the Bob Casey and Tammy Baldwin emails, just make it so I don’t hear from the loving Biden campaign for just ONE WEEK after I kick them some money. :jerkbag:

I kind of wonder how many people are turned off of sporadic / onetime donations for this exact reason. It's like feeding the seagulls. Ignore them, they eventually go away, or maintain a low level "got a cracker for me? no? ok cool, gobbless" and move on, but you give them one cracker, one time, and they're up your rear end 24/7 for the rest of your life "GIMME A CRACKER MOTHERFUCKER I KNOW YOU GOT ONE IN THERE WHY DO YOU HATE THE SEAGULLS YOU CHEAP PIECE OF poo poo" it's like...dude my $25 one time donation is not loving worth a lifetime of daily political spam, sorry

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

That is one reason why I would never donate to a political campaign even if I was 1000% aligned with them.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Republicans politician

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

MrQwerty posted:

I would relish telling Tom Cotton he's a piece of poo poo

Do you remember the Tom Cotton Op Ed about using the military against protestors during the BLM protests?

I just always think to myself that it must be really difficult not to blow up at these people sometimes especially when they are being completely bad faith all the time having to work with them in congress.

ManBoyChef fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 23, 2024

zone
Dec 6, 2016

based

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol: