Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

PawParole posted:

Life isn’t a marvel movie so there aren’t good guys or bad guys.

I dunno, I feel like if, in my state, angry mobs were lynching mailmen while screaming “Hispanics to Tijuana, Blacks to the grave,” I’d be comfortable enough considering them bad guys to join hands with any organized force that was serious about crushing them, even if that force was under the command of Gavin Newsom.

Pomeroy has issued a correction as of 17:17 on Mar 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Israel bad IMO

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

thank you

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Zodium posted:

good post

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

The Unnamed One posted:

Israel bad IMO

been saying this

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Israel Is a Strategic Liability for the United States

The special relationship does not benefit Washington and is endangering U.S. interests across the globe.

By Jon Hoffman, a foreign-policy analyst at the Cato Institute.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Zodium posted:

good post

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The Unnamed One posted:

Israel bad IMO

controversial reddit post

speng31b
May 8, 2010

The Unnamed One posted:

Israel bad IMO

Zodium posted:

good post

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Some soldiers were attacked by a sniper near Ramallah. One was killed, and several officers were wounded

https://twitter.com/ynetalerts/status/1771579561299300564?t=5SNivmwgxfZqwFM479AXAQ&s=19

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
https://x.com/prem_thakker/status/1771562821425275249?s=46

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

DTA DTI

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al-Saqr posted:

no people are not pro-isis and alqaeda and they are mostly with the protestors and stuff, theres wide recognition that the protests got hijacked bigtime by the west and its cronies but theres also recognition that assad enabled that hijacking by starting the war in the forst six months leading to the mass radicalization.

its a tough situation, a friend of mine was one of the people who was an anarchist and early on was organizing protests and local councils, he got picked up early by assad, tortured brutally and died in assads dungeons, so many many people made the choice they would rather take up arms or flee or allow themselves to be hijacked by foreign interests.

so people like me, who witnessed that brutality, are sympathetic for the big number of people who were protesting early like my friend, then when assad started his mass murder campaign at that point it became about pure hatred and revenge. you can even read my post history where im a frothing at the mouth bloodthirsty crazy person at the time because i was driven by a grief and anger and just purely out for revenge, also since egypt got hijacked by Sisi the thought that assad too would stay on was driving people crazy. people wanted a win, any win against fascism and sadly thay didnt come. people immediately recognized ISIS as a tool and a cudgel arab fascism would use against any internal opposition.

and the syrian opposition whatever 'official' position exister, sadly discredited themselves bigtime, whether its by its complete slavery to foreign interests, its stupid factionalism, and other things, they too share a blame.

and people in general are extremely bitter that arab governments allowed assad to do what he did then rewarded him with normalization afterwards, then it became crystal clear that theyre all in the same boat together in this.

so to me, arab inaction in the face of gaza is a complete not surprise, they let america rape iraq, they let everyone rape syria, so its no surprise theyre letting israel do what its doing, because theyre on the same side.

always interested in your perspective as a "guy on the ground" in events that we can only examine through the lens of distant geostrategic interests, thnx for sharing

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Al-Saqr posted:

no people are not pro-isis and alqaeda and they are mostly with the protestors and stuff, theres wide recognition that the protests got hijacked bigtime by the west and its cronies but theres also recognition that assad enabled that hijacking by starting the war in the forst six months leading to the mass radicalization.

its a tough situation, a friend of mine was one of the people who was an anarchist and early on was organizing protests and local councils, he got picked up early by assad, tortured brutally and died in assads dungeons, so many many people made the choice they would rather take up arms or flee or allow themselves to be hijacked by foreign interests.

so people like me, who witnessed that brutality, are sympathetic for the big number of people who were protesting early like my friend, then when assad started his mass murder campaign at that point it became about pure hatred and revenge. you can even read my post history where im a frothing at the mouth bloodthirsty crazy person at the time because i was driven by a grief and anger and just purely out for revenge, also since egypt got hijacked by Sisi the thought that assad too would stay on was driving people crazy. people wanted a win, any win against fascism and sadly thay didnt come. people immediately recognized ISIS as a tool and a cudgel arab fascism would use against any internal opposition.

and the syrian opposition whatever 'official' position exister, sadly discredited themselves bigtime, whether its by its complete slavery to foreign interests, its stupid factionalism, and other things, they too share a blame.

and people in general are extremely bitter that arab governments allowed assad to do what he did then rewarded him with normalization afterwards, then it became crystal clear that theyre all in the same boat together in this.

so to me, arab inaction in the face of gaza is a complete not surprise, they let america rape iraq, they let everyone rape syria, so its no surprise theyre letting israel do what its doing, because theyre on the same side.

Accomplices , it’s maddening and frustrating
Good post as usual

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

DTI and DTA, but I'm not terribly surprised. There was no universe where this government funding wasn't going to be a massive giveaway to the Nazi state.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

🔻

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Good afternoon. Israel is proudly posting about blowing up teenagers trying to get home and dropping lovely propaganda pamphlets in Gaza instead of ending their illegal war against a civilian population. gently caress them and gently caress Housefather three times

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I want to street fighter guile kick her head into space

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Anybody who wants to use Palestine to relitigate the Syrian Civil War isn't a serious person. Writing off Quds Network because you hate the rebels in Idlib is little more than petty grudge bearing.

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

hadji murad posted:

Basically to the extent they could co-opt or use them for their own ends.

they’ve had no actual outside support from any government. a rule of thumb is that any government upping the Palestinians is lying.

Yeah, the "best" the monarchies and dictatorships will do for the Palestinians is support them the way the US "supports" Ukraine, i.e. try to eke out a strategic advantage for themselves by grinding their proxy's bones into dust

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

CheetoVonTito posted:

I won’t post the link even though there’s no gore and it’s blacked out.

“ Today, Israeli helicopters dropped a box filled with anti-Hamas propaganda newspapers over the Al-Mawasi area, home to hundreds of thousands of displaced Gazans. The heavy box struck 22-year-old Palestinian Mohammed Saleem, instantly killing him.”

Being killed by a box of paper saying you deserved it is such a grim way to go

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

The Unnamed One posted:

Israel bad IMO

Sancho Banana posted:

Some soldiers were attacked by a sniper near Ramallah. One was killed, and several officers were wounded

https://twitter.com/ynetalerts/status/1771579561299300564?t=5SNivmwgxfZqwFM479AXAQ&s=19

Bismillah.

skooma512 has issued a correction as of 19:07 on Mar 23, 2024

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 13 hours!)

Honestly kinda bummed Hamas didn’t put their Ghoul sniper rifles to use here

https://x.com/bonsaisky/status/1771571592281170416?s=46

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

They managed to make Brazilian music sound off-beat

Top Gun Reference
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug
just heard the phrase "hamasnik" for the first time today

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?
I swear to god I wish all the disgusting iof clips made nonstop headlines in the US, so many people are so loving passively dumb
I keep hoping someone would just run a projector screen of what’s happening over the side of buildings and on billboards

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Rashida Tlaib is displaying images of starving children in Congress to an empty room, calling for a permanent ceasefire.

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Crazypoops posted:

I want to street fighter guile kick her head into space

Guile from street fighter voice
ZION DOOM

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

CheetoVonTito posted:

tapping the "come and see" sign until it falls off

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010
https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...%8a%d8%b1%d8%a9

quote:

Al Jazeera has received horrific testimonies of people trapped in the Shifa Medical Complex and surrounding homes in Gaza City, while the World Health Organization (WHO) has called for an immediate end to the inhumane siege imposed by the Israeli occupying forces on Shifa Hospital.

For the sixth consecutive day, the Israeli occupation army continues to storm Al-Shifa Hospital, which housed more than 7,000 patients and displaced people, and carries out widespread arrests among the displaced, and bombards the houses surrounding the hospital, leaving dozens of dead and wounded.

The Palestinian Jamila Al-Hissi, who is besieged in the vicinity of Al-Shifa complex, told Al-Jazeera that the occupation forces forced 65 families to leave the vicinity of the complex, after burning the building in which they were holed up, adding that the besieged have been appealing to the Red Cross for 6 days to provide water for children and patients, or intervene to evacuate them to no avail.

"The occupation forces killed and burned entire families, and raped and killed women."

In turn, journalist Jihad Abu Shanab said in the vicinity of the Shifa complex to Al Jazeera that dozens of families have been trapped without water or food for six days in homes and neighborhoods near the Shifa complex, and are being subjected to gunfire and heavy aerial and artillery shelling, and have been appealing for several days to the Red Cross and international organizations to intervene to save them.

Abu Shanab pointed out that some citizens who managed to leave told him that the martyrs and injured dozens were in the streets, and that the occupation forces demolished 8 houses on the heads of their inhabitants.

He stressed that this invasion is more difficult than the first invasion of Al-Shifa Complex, and the bloody heat is very large, stressing that the occupation forces deal with everyone inside Al-Shifa Medical Complex or the surrounding houses as terrorists who must be eliminated.

A child, a survivor of the executions carried out by the Israeli occupying forces after their release from Al-Shifa Medical Complex in Gaza City, said that all those who were with him were killed by the occupation snipers, despite being informed that they were safe, after being detained by the occupying forces for several hours.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

CheetoVonTito posted:

What's with the gopro poo poo? They're standing in a small circle because they're useless at football, you can just film that on your phone and it doesn't look like you're on a space station.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

hmhb fan posted:

What's with the gopro poo poo? They're standing in a small circle because they're useless at football, you can just film that on your phone and it doesn't look like you're on a space station.

nazis have hosed up aesthetics, op

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Everyone in Congress is a Nazi except Rashida Tlaib

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

CheetoVonTito posted:

Wishing everyone in that video a very merry red triangle

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Unnamed One posted:

Israel bad IMO

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

VoicesCanBe posted:

Everyone in Congress is a Nazi except Rashida Tlaib

The system self-legitimizes by having her there. Even money she's one too.

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024
Schindler’s list but with Schindler teaming up with the avengers to herd journalists through the underground railroad to escape a sentient bulldozer that their own employer financed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

thotsky posted:

The system self-legitimizes by having her there. Even money she's one too.

she may be a lib but she is palestinian. i do not think she supports israel.