Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

it's been going on in more subtle forms for a while but cults of personality u can buy stock in sure seems to be part of our future huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cdc
May 28, 2007

To you, Baldrick, the Renaissance was just something that happened to other people, wasn't it?

Lammasu posted:

So what is everyone going to get when the RNC has to have a fire sale post Trump? I'm hoping to get a good deal on some lecterns.

Imma get Reagans brain in a jar. I'll poke it with a stick and get it to say "Hey, Nancy! Quit it!"

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Lammasu posted:

So what is everyone going to get when the RNC has to have a fire sale post Trump? I'm hoping to get a good deal on some lecterns.

How much do you think the minority house whip will go for?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Murgos posted:

If a bunch of 'apes' can hold gamestop at orders of magnitude over and above the any reasonable valuation for years based on some fiction about unlimited wealth then they can do it for Truth Social. BUT, I don't think MAGA has that kind of solidarity. They will absolutely try and sell at the peak convinced that the whole world is trying to buy DJT's next super success story and the price will plummet at opening to essentially nothing.

I can't even imagine what kind of insane futures contracts the marginally knowledgeable Freep poster is working themselves up to.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
When even the inveterate gamblers are like, “lol no that game is rigged” you’ve got a problem.

Anyway, if Trump had 500 million cash or even a meme stonk that people thought would be worth billions then he wouldn’t have any problems securing a loan with it.

He’s broke and all text screaming into night, “I’m not poor, I’m rich!”

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Here’s that Wall Street bets post: https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/s/nSHcUjgZS2

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i suspect because even those idiots buy into places like failing stores and poo poo. places that provide a service or a product and have some actual brick and moater locations. truth social is just some bullshit based on "this loud rear end in a top hat posts here". i am not an Econ/stock nerd but id want to invest in something that actually provides "something" even shitholes like facebook and etc facilitate communication with others and poo poo even if its all about farming data. this is just "please buy stock so our insane boss will keep dancing:".

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 23, 2024

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

The vast majority of his fortune is under the court's control, but he's still being paid a salary that he can use as he wishes, and that salary is larger than all of us make combined (though it's still small compared to how much money he could spend before).

This is because the incentives here are a little different from what you're probably thinking. The fundamental purpose of the courts here (both the civil court and the bankruptcy court) isn't to drive the filer to destitution, it's to make sure the creditors eventually gets paid as much of the amount as possible.

Continuing to do his show and hawk his nutritional supplements brings in so much money that from the court's perspective, it's in the creditors' financial interest for him to be in a good enough state of mind to continue doing the show (at least for now, anyway). And while his accounts are under the stewardship of the court, the court's obligation to his creditors is to avoid doing anything that might unnecessarily reduce the amount of money flowing into those accounts. So while the court is busy disentangling his complex financial affairs, the court allows him enough pay to avoid completely wrecking his lifestyle, but only as long as his show keeps bringing in more than enough money to make up for the cost of that salary. Because if he collapses into a drunken pile of depression, a miserable shell of a broken man, he probably won't be able to keep bringing in as much income to those court-controlled accounts that are ultimately destined to go to the Sandy Hook plaintiffs. Though in practice, it seems like that salary isn't quite enough for his taste, given that he's started selling off his own personal property just to keep up with expenses and legal fees.

Note that all of that is just temporary stuff while his accounts are under the custodianship of the court, though. Eventually, when the bankruptcy court is done with its work and has tracked down all of his money, those arrangements will be dismantled as pretty much all of his money is turned over to the plaintiffs. And since he failed to get bankruptcy protection, most of his assets would probably be liquidated at that point too.

That assumes that the plaintiffs don't settle for less, though. If they'd rather get paid part of his wealth now, rather than waiting for the court to find all of it and hand it over to them (which could take a while, since he tried to hide quite a bit of cash in a number of different ways), then they always have the option to negotiate a deal with him in which he willingly hands over some portion of the money in exchange for putting an end to the legal efforts to claim all the rest.
This always makes me laugh. Theyre letting him continue to peddle poison to pay for the poison he peddled previously

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.
A Ponzi poison scheme

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Actual poison to pay for the mental poison

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

This always makes me laugh. Theyre letting him continue to peddle poison to pay for the poison he peddled previously

He didn't get hit for spreading conspiracy theories, he got hit for spreading conspiracy theories about Sandy Hook, specifically, in a way that harmed the Sandy Hook victims' families. As long as he shuts the gently caress up about Sandy Hook, the court doesn't care how many other conspiracy theories he spreads.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I might seriously have to buy some way out of the money puts on this poo poo.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

BUY!! 🚨

Not listed: web servers (and a million other things)

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
If you lie down with Trump, you're going to get fleeced. Like a dog.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Not that I would do so, but is there theoretically a mechanism to do something like shorting TMTG?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

Not that I would do so, but is there theoretically a mechanism to do something like shorting TMTG?

When it's listed you can just short it, or buy put options (or sell calls).

Don't do any of this if you don't know what you are doing though, shorting has infinite downside and options are a great way to make money just poof into thin air, fun though when they work out.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

cr0y posted:

When it's listed you can just short it, or buy put options (or sell calls).

Don't do any of this if you don't know what you are doing though, shorting has infinite downside and options are a great way to make money just poof into thin air, fun though when they work out.

Oh yeah no, I'm not so crazy. I'm wondering if, based on the earlier wallstreetbets and similar quotes, if ultimately the mindset of the bagholder pagoda types is such that they want to engender and profit from a similar situation. In the way that such groups are always a horrible mix of sincere belief, motivated reasoning, and wanting to find the greater fool, a trump issuance seems like a feeding trough.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Mar 23, 2024

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

cr0y posted:

BUY!! 🚨

That's gonna be covered on layer six, your application servers. Which also i'm sure includes auth servers, batch processing, file storage and a bunch of other stuff that falls under 'app'.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Did they just rip a slide straight out of network+

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Yeah that is quite network-centric view of the whole backend. I mean you have to leave stuff out or it becomes unreadable.

I started making a list of the stuff missing then gave up.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Rust Martialis posted:

Yeah that is quite network-centric view of the whole backend. I mean you have to leave stuff out or it becomes unreadable.

I started making a list of the stuff missing then gave up.

As a zoomed out logical diagram for the purposes of explaining to small children or upper management it's fine.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My website is client->Apache->Perl CGI->Database I think that's enough layers

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Cimber posted:

As a zoomed out logical diagram for the purposes of explaining to small children or upper management it's fine.

I'm pretty sure that's an insult to the cognitive abilities of small children.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Bunch of lazy jerks glossing over the physical layer, you know these cowards don't understand electrons.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

StumblyWumbly posted:

Bunch of lazy jerks glossing over the physical layer, you know these cowards don't understand electrons.

They're what plants crave.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

cr0y posted:

BUY!! 🚨

What is the icon on the left in layer 2? It looks more like a washing machine than a computer.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

How much do you think the minority house whip will go for?

After Trump destroys the GOP? What do you have in your pocket.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Left is a monitor (PC) right is mobile?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

SpelledBackwards posted:

They're what plants crave.

They have electrolates

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Donkringel posted:

What is the icon on the left in layer 2? It looks more like a washing machine than a computer.

Looks like a Mac app window on desktop/laptop.

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.
It’s a browser window. Clients are either desktop/laptop or mobile, this is all completely standard and looks copied pasted from somewhere.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1771631481091150173

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Donkringel posted:

I think it's a browser window.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkZhJJ8sPmw

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

drat that still slaps

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I thought that sounded familiar. The Yardbirds recorded a version of it as Stroll On.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adbGT8Rg9OE

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DOm_RiklE4&t=74s

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

mdemone posted:

drat that still slaps

Always fun to remember that they (and/or their contemporaries) weren't opting to play in a specific style, they were making up a new style as they went using their instruments in ways that weren't intended.

Same for Bettie Page I guess.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i suspect because even those idiots buy into places like failing stores and poo poo. places that provide a service or a product and have some actual brick and moater locations. truth social is just some bullshit based on "this loud rear end in a top hat posts here". i am not an Econ/stock nerd but id want to invest in something that actually provides "something" even shitholes like facebook and etc facilitate communication with others and poo poo even if its all about farming data. this is just "please buy stock so our insane boss will keep dancing:".

It’s worse than that, because the whole point of this merger is for Trump to cash out when the stock price hits the number. People are being told this is insider trading before they can invest! It’s a political donation without the dignity, how many people would sign up for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

cr0y posted:

BUY!! 🚨

I like how they have more servers than users