Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

CheetoVonTito posted:

Honestly kinda bummed Hamas didn’t put their Ghoul sniper rifles to use here

https://x.com/bonsaisky/status/1771571592281170416?s=46

No it's good that they're videotaping themselves like this it will make finding them and having revenge much much easier, this doesnt do anything other than paint a target on them. if they think this is like some sort of way to hurt others morale they're wrong, the only thing they're doing is personalizing the hatred against every one of
them. the videos they're shooting will only serve to take them to jail or the grave. Like that french zionist, there are millions of algerians who will probably find him if he ever goes home and drag him to jail or drag him literally.

Before, hating israelis even here in saudi and the gulf was sort of an abstraction because there wasnt enough exposure to them, but now that these videos are out pretty much the entirety of saudi social media that isnt controlled directly by MBS is out for blood and revenge against israelis, a genuine radicalization against them that I havent seen since the second intifada, and these videos are only going to make sure it happens.

The pushback has gotten so hard, the other day the Emirati government tried to detain around 80 emiratis for experessing death to israel and all that, they used the typical excuse like 'they're muslim brotherhood', but people pushed back so hard they had to let them go, this is in the castle of arab zionism, the UAE, so all israel is doing is really making sure it's personal between them and everyone else.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 20:40 on Mar 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Aldanmarki posted:

The drone footage aired by Al-Jazeera 2 days ago of an attack on 4 Palestinian civilians matches 100% with footage the IOF released on February 19th.

The IOF FLIR camera footage is for some reason sped up by 10%. Once recalibrated, you'll see how they line up perfectly.

Previous footage was released in FLIR form to cover up that they weren't armed, which is obvious from the color footage.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
when the blowback occurs, and it will, it will be just

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Some news:-

----

To the surpise of no one, Israel has completely torpedoed any possible hostage deal by listing impossible demands and Hamas correctly diagnoses this as them stalling for time to enact their starvation campaign

‎Issued to Al Jazeera reveals the Israeli response to the prisoner exchange deal‎
‎Sources for Al Jazeera about the Israeli response to the prisoner deal:‎

‎The Israeli response offered the restricted return of two thousand displaced people daily to the northern Gaza Strip two weeks after the start of implementation.‎
‎The Israeli response provided detailed points regarding the prisoner exchange and the conditions for the cessation of operations.‎
‎The Israeli response maintained the framework of the agreement in three stages.‎
‎Israel stipulated the release of 40 living Israeli prisoners of all categories in the first phase.‎
‎Israel's response to the mediators rejects the cessation of the war, the withdrawal of its forces and the unconditional return of displaced persons.‎
‎Israel's response included the right to deport prisoners of life sentences released under the deal out of Palestine.‎
‎In exchange for the release of prisoners recaptured from the Shalit deal, Israel demanded the release of soldiers Golden and Aaron.‎
‎Israel rejected Hamas' request to release 30 life sentences for each female soldier and offered only 5 to be identified.‎

‎Hamas criticizes Israeli conditions, considers them obstructing the agreement‎
‎A leading Hamas source told Al Jazeera that Israel's position, conveyed by Qatari and Egyptian mediators, was very negative and aimed at obstructing the agreement.‎
‎Hamas leader: Positions are very far apart in the negotiations with Israel‎
‎AFP reported, citing a Hamas leader, that positions are "very far apart" in the ongoing prisoner negotiations through mediators in Doha, accusing Israel of deliberately "disrupting and blowing them up".‎

‎The official, who preferred not to be named, said: "The positions in the negotiations between Hamas and the resistance factions and the occupation are very far apart because the enemy understood the flexibility shown by the movement. - as weakness." He mentioned in particular Israel's rejection of a ceasefire, the return of displaced persons, and the unfettered entry of aid.‎

=================

Hamas and the resistance are currently fighting battles agains the Israelis that are surrounding al-shifa hospital, they have targeted 3 tanks and 1 APC and are firing on them with mortars

‎Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades:‎

‎We targeted a Zionist troop carrier with an Al-Yassin 105 shell south of the Shifa compound in Gaza City.‎
‎We targeted 3 Zionist tanks and killed and wounded a number of Israeli soldiers south of Al-Shifa complex.‎

=================

Arabs living in the 48 borders (Arab 'citizens' of israel) have started mobilizing and protesting in support of Gaza

‎Demonstration in the 48 territories in support of Gaza‎
‎The 48 lands witnessed a mass demonstration in the town of Majd al-Krum in the Upper Galilee in support of Gaza and demanding an end to the Israeli aggression on the Strip.‎

‎Participants held banners demanding an end to the aggression on the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, and the immediate entry of humanitarian aid into the Gaza Strip.‎

‎The participants chanted several slogans against the war on Gaza, including "O Gaza, do not shake all of you dignity and pride," "Gaza Hashem does not kneel to the tank and cannon," and "Withdraw your army, O occupier, there is no white colonizer."‎

‎Sheikh Raed Salah said that this demonstration condemning the war on Gaza in Majd al-Krum is an extension of a local and international movement to be a cry to stop the war in Gaza.‎

=================

One of the hostages died from lack of food and medicine

‎Qassam announces the death of an Israeli prisoner‎
‎Abu Obeida, spokesman for the Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades:‎

‎We announce the death of the Zionist prisoner "Begev Boukhataf" (34 years old) as a result of lack of medicine and food.‎
‎We had previously warned that enemy prisoners were suffering from the same conditions as our people: hunger, deprivation and lack of food.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...%A7%D8%B7%D9%82

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

some breaking news regarding the negotiations

==========

Urgent | An American official told Al Jazeera: Blinken pressured Netanyahu regarding a formula for the return of Gaza residents to the north to advance the Doha negotiations.

Urgent | An American official told Al Jazeera: Blinken confirmed that any military operation in Rafah during the negotiations will have consequences for Washington’s support

Urgent | An American official told Al Jazeera: Blinken visited Israel after Washington’s position on a military Rafah operation shifted from implementation options to permanent prevention

Urgent | An American official told Al Jazeera: Blinken and Biden’s disagreement over rafah operation was decisive for Blinken, who sees it as undermining the negotiations and America’s interests.

Urgent | An American official told Al Jazeera: Blinken provided guarantees to Netanyahu to support his post-war strategy and push for normalization if he showed flexibility

Urgent | An American official told Al Jazeera: The CIA director traveled to Doha after assurances from Blinken that netanyahu would expand the powers of the Israeli negotiating delegation to come to actual agreements

Urgent | An American official told Al Jazeera: The powers include discussing arrangements for withdrawal from an area linking the north of the Strip to its south

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
Israel announces largest West Bank land seizure since 1993 during Blinken visit
-Washington Post

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/abierkhatib/status/1771625444007182820?s=20

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Al-Saqr posted:

No it's good that they're videotaping themselves like this it will make finding them and having revenge much much easier, this doesnt do anything other than paint a target on them. if they think this is like some sort of way to hurt others morale they're wrong, the only thing they're doing is personalizing the hatred against every one of
them. the videos they're shooting will only serve to take them to jail or the grave. Like that french zionist, there are millions of algerians who will probably find him if he ever goes home and drag him to jail or drag him literally.

Before, hating israelis even here in saudi and the gulf was sort of an abstraction because there wasnt enough exposure to them, but now that these videos are out pretty much the entirety of saudi social media that isnt controlled directly by MBS is out for blood and revenge against israelis, a genuine radicalization against them that I havent seen since the second intifada, and these videos are only going to make sure it happens.

The pushback has gotten so hard, the other day the Emirati government tried to detain around 80 emiratis for experessing death to israel and all that, they used the typical excuse like 'they're muslim brotherhood', but people pushed back so hard they had to let them go, this is in the castle of arab zionism, the UAE, so all israel is doing is really making sure it's personal between them and everyone else.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

WoodrowSkillson posted:

she may be a lib but she is palestinian. i do not think she supports israel.

She supports Joe Biden

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Regardless of how she feels personally she's still actively propping up genocide Joe and the rest of congress which makes her an Israel supporter

FormaldehydeSon has issued a correction as of 22:10 on Mar 23, 2024

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Rashida Tlaib is displaying images of starving children in Congress to an empty room, calling for a permanent ceasefire.

She should hire one of those projection trucks & display it on the outside of the Capitol so they all have to see it on their way in the building.

(when they get back from their half-month vacation, that is)

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Regardless of how she feels personally she's still actively propping up genocide Joe and the rest of congress which makes her an Israel supporter

She promotes right-wing union bureaucrats like Shawn Fain while he whoops and hollers for Joe Biden and makes weapons for Israel.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol this thread spending several pages rediscovering "gish galloping" whereas bassem just throws it out there causally, we should just invite him to the forum to help move things along

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I've been looking at english-language Israeli social media, and I'm damned if those aren't among the worst people on earth.
Just so smug, superior, obnoxious and rude.
Everyone who disagrees with them is stupid, ignorant, childish and entirely influenced by tiktok.
It's like the world's simplest bingo card, they hit every one of those few talking points in every post.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

imagine how much worse they'll be when the state of israel is smashed and scattered to the winds

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

The Voice of Labor posted:

imagine how much worse they'll be when the state of israel is smashed and scattered to the winds

They'll be like Cuban exiles but far worse

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The new Israel will be Zionist lost cause assholes occupying McDonald's until 10:30 for senior breakfast deals.

Destroyenator
Dec 27, 2004

Don't ask me lady, I live in beer

is anyone keeping that list of doctors who signed the letter asking them to bomb that particular hospital?
one would hope no medical board in a civilised country would let them transfer their registration

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Destroyenator posted:

is anyone keeping that list of doctors who signed the letter asking them to bomb that particular hospital?
one would hope no medical board in a civilised country would let them transfer their registration

I’ve got bad news about the global liberal order and their stance on employing fascist doctors who did crimes against humanity

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Destroyenator posted:

ive checked this at the end of last year, no one is currently actively registered in the EU, USA i'm not sure how to check if there is a central registration body you can search for

for whats its worth they all seemed very much established full time in israel, its a bit of an open secret that israeli doctors are some of the worst medical professionals you can get so you generally only find them as jobbing locums

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i dont know one way or another if she is pro israel or isnt, but are you seriously saying there's no such thing as a palestinian collaborator?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

ex post facho posted:

when the blowback occurs, and it will, it will be just

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ill be too happy celebrating with the Palestinians to care.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

Israel Is a Strategic Liability for the United States

The special relationship does not benefit Washington and is endangering U.S. interests across the globe.

By Jon Hoffman, a foreign-policy analyst at the Cato Institute.

wow it completely undermines US interests and yet all our politicians who are suspected of being pedophiles insist they'll never abandon it. weird

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the devil set up a new special hell for genocide deniers. it encompasses north america and western europe

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Pomeroy posted:

I dunno, I feel like if, in my state, angry mobs were lynching mailmen while screaming “Hispanics to Tijuana, Blacks to the grave,” I’d be comfortable enough considering them bad guys to join hands with any organized force that was serious about crushing them, even if that force was under the command of Gavin Newsom.

Gavin Newsom is the American Eduard Limonov

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

the devil set up a new special hell for genocide deniers. it encompasses north america and western europe

yeeep.

even a lot of my lib/ostensibly leftist acquaintances i'd expect to be some quanta better on this poo poo are on some "well harumph of course we should demand better it's very bad, monstrous even, brutal, inhuman... but to call it 'genocide' well i just don't know..."

not for nothing these are the people who have argued themselves backward into denialism to avoid cognitive dissonance because they've already used a level of "lesser evil" utilitarianism that sounds like waze directions to omelas to pledge their vote to the guy supplying the bombs

Owlbear Camus has issued a correction as of 01:21 on Mar 24, 2024

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Canasta_Nasty posted:

There's recurring confusion in the thread about this, but as some posters have already said, the Arab bourgeois regimes have hated Palestinians for 50+ years and actively collaborated in Zionist oppression. This article gives a brief overview: https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2024/03/17/lqki-m17.html

I think there's a mainstream position that the decision to not send the airforce was part of a power struggle, but there is basically zero evidence for it. It seems to me the simplest explanation is that it was an effort to preserve the Syrian airforce. The Israeli air force had been regularly clowning on Egypt's, which was much larger than Syria's, as part of the War of Attrition.

wikipedia posted:

According to U.S. intelligence estimates, Egypt lost 109 aircraft, most in air-to-air combat, while only 16 Israeli aircraft were lost, most to anti-aircraft artillery or SAMs. It took a salvo of 6 to 10 SA-2 Egyptian anti-aircraft missiles to obtain a better than fifty percent chance of a hit.

But if America's Lawrence of Arabia says it was because Hafez al Assad hated Palestinians who am I to argue with the brain genius who said in 2019 that America's position in Afghanistan was completely tenable and not at all like Vietnam?

Incidentally this is a hilariously extreme example of the Trot to Neocon pipeline, a nominally communist organization just publishing this sort of naked American propaganda.

Al-Saqr posted:

no people are not pro-isis and alqaeda

It's not so much that people are pro ISIS it's that the head of the Free Syrian Army is an ex ISIS guy, supporting them is effectively the same thing.

As far as the successive Assad regimes go, Syria is the most consistent anti Israel state, so for me it is a matter of

Al-Saqr posted:

give me the biggest piece of poo poo on the planet whos pro palestine over any weak kneed piece of poo poo lib 'good person' gently caress right off george Bashar is a grifter brutal dictator but pieces of poo poo like him is what we need right now,

Like without Syria it is unclear to me that Hezbollah would have been able to defeat Israel in 2006. You can criticize their policies but at the end of the day they have been on the receiving end of a poo poo ton of assaults by the empire and they are still standing so they are doing something right. By the time the protests in Syria had kicked off NATO was in Libya off the back of similar Arab Spring stuff, it's not like America using these protests as a wedge could only happen because of Assad's reaction, it was effectively a given.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Spergin Morlock posted:

wow it completely undermines US interests and yet all our politicians who are suspected of being pedophiles insist they'll never abandon it. weird

Even if you buy this generally and I'm not sure I do, my hot take is that Israel is a knife pointed at the Suez canal and the threat of Arab nationalism or similar using it as a weapon.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Everybody wants to overlook that because Hamas is linked to the Muslim Brotherhood they sided with the rebels in Syria, and those sympathies are still present. It is absolutely not worth caring about.

I think it is easy to give uncritical support to Hamas while also caring about their history like this and their support for the Saudis in Yemen (at least according to that Sabireen wikipedia article someone posted).
You can be critical of a group without purity testing it. In conclusion Hamas is like Stalin.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Best Friends posted:

I’ve got bad news about the global liberal order and their stance on employing fascist doctors who did crimes against humanity

lol, very true.

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024

Jel Shaker posted:

lol this thread spending several pages rediscovering "gish galloping" whereas bassem just throws it out there causally, we should just invite him to the forum to help move things along

Can we actually do that?

I find his communication style and manner of deconstructing arguments inspiring. He is a very reassuring presence I’d like to see more of

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Weka posted:

Even if you buy this generally and I'm not sure I do, my hot take is that Israel is a knife pointed at the Suez canal and the threat of Arab nationalism or similar using it as a weapon.

I hope this is exactly why the US has been supporting them, and I also truly hope that recent actions by AnsarAllah have the US reconsidering how useful Israel actually is

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

you joke but we can make it happen. trump 2024

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

OctaMurk posted:

Israel Is a Strategic Liability for the United States

The special relationship does not benefit Washington and is endangering U.S. interests across the globe.

By Jon Hoffman, a foreign-policy analyst at the Cato Institute.

lol some people were arguing that very thing in this thread.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Weka posted:

I think it is easy to give uncritical support to Hamas while also caring about their history like this and their support for the Saudis in Yemen (at least according to that Sabireen wikipedia article someone posted).
You can be critical of a group without purity testing it. In conclusion Hamas is like Stalin.

Nobody is saying that Hamas is above criticism, but if you're (rhetorical) using sectarian conflict to nurse grudges against any member of the Resistance Axis then you're not really a serious person and don't really understand the stakes of the war.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Very disappointed that calling people unserious has spread to such a poster as Pener. You're right though

Spergin Morlock posted:

I hope this is exactly why the US has been supporting them, and I also truly hope that recent actions by AnsarAllah have the US reconsidering how useful Israel actually is

Oh they seem to have forgotten why everything is the way it is,.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
something like 30% of the US believes Israel needs to exist for the end times to come about, and will use their political and economic influence to support Israel to the bitter end.

doesn’t mean things cannot change, but politicians want to get and stay elected so it’s not going to be an easy separation.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Weka posted:

Very disappointed that calling people unserious has spread to such a poster as Pener. You're right though

There's way too much goofy bullshit going around for me not to say it.

Hamelekim posted:

something like 30% of the US believes Israel needs to exist for the end times to come about, and will use their political and economic influence to support Israel to the bitter end.

doesn’t mean things cannot change, but politicians want to get and stay elected so it’s not going to be an easy separation.

Israel's economy is in the toilet now, and most of those people are too self-absorbed to support sending ARE TAX MONEY to fight Israel's war.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Hamelekim posted:

I believe in those same End Times stories (which come more from trash like Left Behind than the actual Bible), it's a plot point that "all the world stands against Israel" so which of us is really trying to fulfill prophecy and bring Jesus back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Did Rabbi Shmuley invent reverse antisemitism?

https://twitter.com/RabbiShmuley/status/1771721907399762220?s=20

They're completely losing it. Zionism is coming apart at the seams.