Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
r/adultery lol

Maybe just take the bus to do some adultery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

e: dangit, this version doesn't have "chatbots" replaced with "cheating", must've forgotten to copy all layers. i don't think i can edit an attachment :argh:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 24, 2024

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

I'm pretty sure that anyone who uses the term "opsec" when talking about adultery aren't having sex with anyone.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

FurtherReading posted:

I'm pretty sure that anyone who uses the term "opsec" when talking about adultery aren't having sex with anyone.

But they sure have put a lot of time thinking about how if they had a wife how super cool it would be to cheat on her.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

this is disabled on musks car so it’s obviously fake

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Advertising is back (again) baby!

https://twitter.com/BasedTorba/status/1771692951980093936

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

lol. My chevy doesn't snitch on me

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a60175396/connected-cars-driver-data-tracking-insurance/

quote:

A large amount of driver data from internet-connected vehicles is being shared with the drivers' insurance companies, the New York Times reported this week.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Uh is that a promoted tweet

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

pillsburysoldier posted:

Uh is that a promoted tweet

According to the person that sent it to me, yes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

kazil posted:

COVID conspiracies

Scientastic posted:

Nuance is dead, the conclusion to draw from this case is not “ivermectin is an effective treatment for covid”

What happened with this one? Did the FDA have to take down posts saying not to take horse dewormer?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I would hesitate to take a tweet at it's word just because they put "breaking" in it

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

quote:

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr., in a post seen 280,000 times as of Friday afternoon, wrote on X: "Ivermectin is not an exceptional case. The FDA is biased against many low-cost, generic, and/or natural therapies with low profit potential. Could it be because half its funding comes from Big Pharma?"

"The FDA declined to respond to Kennedy's assertion, though it reiterated that it "has not changed its position that currently available clinical trial data do not demonstrate that ivermectin is effective against COVID-19. The agency has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19.""

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Heh, if ivermectin isn't effective against COVID then why do I keep insisting it is?

Checkmate, libs :smug:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Megillah Gorilla posted:

What happened with this one? Did the FDA have to take down posts saying not to take horse dewormer?

Pretty much.
https://www.newsweek.com/fda-settles-lawsuit-over-ivermectin-social-media-posts-1882562

quote:

The lawsuit, filed on June 2, 2022, was brought by doctors Mary Talley Bowden, Paul Marik and Robert Apter, each of whom claimed the FDA was interfering with their ability to practice medicine.

The case was initially dismissed on the grounds the FDA had "sovereign immunity," though a U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit reversed the lower court's decision saying that the "FDA is not a physician."

The appeals court also said that, "Even tweet-sized doses of personalized medical advice are beyond the FDA's statutory authority."

The FDA and the doctors reached a settlement dated Thursday that stipulates the FDA will retire a Consumer update titled, "Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19."

Fifth Circuit is the one completely packed with GOP partisans.

I'm guessing the settled because they don't want to risk an even stronger precedent in the Supreme Court, and fighting over some posts is pretty whatever now. Nobody is on the fence about invermectin anymore. The FDA telling them not to dose themselves with horse dewormer isn't going to help.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Which made Merck more money, securities or Ivermectin sales? And how much money did Elon Musk make/how many people did he kill using his celebrity to fluff his narrative of choice?

That's a hell of a portfolio, and a hell of a position.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 24, 2024

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

...! posted:

Heh, if ivermectin isn't effective against COVID then why do I keep insisting it is?

Checkmate, libs :smug:

And you've got a beautiful coat and mane. Never seen a happier horse. How's that for evidence?

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Waffle House posted:

Which made Merck more money, securities or Ivermectin sales? And how much money did Elon Musk make/how many people did he kill using his celebrity to fluff his narrative of choice?

That's a hell of a portfolio, and a hell of a position.

Elon Musk doesn't care, because 4/20 bro! and Crypto!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

yes

now get him to explain how inheriting millions made him the lazy dumbfuck that he is today

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Elonution of Dance

b mad at me posted:

yes

now get him to explain how inheriting millions made him the lazy dumbfuck that he is today

"Grok grok!"

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Bogus Adventure posted:

Elonution of Dance

Jesus loving Christ.

I like the gif urls.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Bogus Adventure posted:

Elonution of Dance

"Grok grok!"

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

And you've got a beautiful coat and mane. Never seen a happier horse. How's that for evidence?

:smug:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Elviscat posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

I like the gif urls.

Yeah, I was searching for "Elon Musk Dumb" gifs and stumbled onto the cheezburger site that had these lined up.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Elonution of Dance

He's a hell of a marketing intern, I'll give him that.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Bogus Adventure posted:

Elonution of Dance
"Grok grok!"

Its more cringe if you watch the video.
There is no music.
THERE.IS.NO.MUSIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0sJJU3FaOQ

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

happyhippy posted:

Its more cringe if you watch the video.
There is no music.
THERE.IS.NO.MUSIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0sJJU3FaOQ

woof

That lacks the quiet dignity of the Windows 95 dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAkuJXGldrM

Or even the Crazy Frog Dance kids

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
musk should personally bring the internet to sentinel island

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I learned how to dance from Elon

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Non Compos Mentis posted:

musk should personally bring the internet to sentinel island

But those natives kill anyone who...

Oh

Yes, this is a job for Elon

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Klyith posted:

I'm guessing the settled because they don't want to risk an even stronger precedent in the Supreme Court, and fighting over some posts is pretty whatever now. Nobody is on the fence about invermectin anymore. The FDA telling them not to dose themselves with horse dewormer isn't going to help.

If I were the FDA I'd want them to kill themselves with ivermectin at this point. I also want them to not being the FDA.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Yes: the ruling is that while the FDA can give generalised advice on the approval of drugs, it cannot interfere in doctors’ ability to prescribe off label.

Lots of drugs are approved for use in humans for one use (as ivermectin is) and prescribed by doctors for another, based on published literature that suggests efficacy. Rather than get the drug approved again, the FDA (and lots of other drug agencies) allows this because it relies on a general competence of medical training and avoids delays and extra costs.

The courts ruled that by posting things like “you are not a horse”, the FDA did overstep it’s role, but there is nothing in the ruling that says that Ivermectin is an effective treatment for Covid, and the FDA still doesn’t recommend its use to treat anything other than parasites and some skin conditions.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

It’s always irritated me that he’s wearing a long sleeved collared shirt under a t-shirt. Who does that?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Scientastic posted:

It’s always irritated me that he’s wearing a long sleeved collared shirt under a t-shirt. Who does that?

A man with something to hide (moobs).

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Scientastic posted:

Yes: the ruling is that while the FDA can give generalised advice on the approval of drugs, it cannot interfere in doctors’ ability to prescribe off label.

Lots of drugs are approved for use in humans for one use (as ivermectin is) and prescribed by doctors for another, based on published literature that suggests efficacy. Rather than get the drug approved again, the FDA (and lots of other drug agencies) allows this because it relies on a general competence of medical training and avoids delays and extra costs.

The courts ruled that by posting things like “you are not a horse”, the FDA did overstep it’s role, but there is nothing in the ruling that says that Ivermectin is an effective treatment for Covid, and the FDA still doesn’t recommend its use to treat anything other than parasites and some skin conditions.

I actually found a journal on NATURE DOT COM that touts it:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41429-021-00491-6/figures/1

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

Scientastic posted:

The courts ruled that by posting things like “you are not a horse”, the FDA did overstep it’s role

Am I a horse or not ??

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Waffle House posted:

That’s not a touting article.

It’s a review of possible mechanisms.

It’s like some folks writing about exactly how they think that the handgun might kill the cancer cells. Pressure, heat, lead poisoning, breaking the petri dish and spilling its contents, gases blowing the liquid away, and so on.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Mar 24, 2024

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Waffle House posted:

No you didn’t. This article is a summary of in vitro studies that suggest ivermectin might do something, and a proposed mechanism by which it might be acting if it is doing anything at all. They conclude the paper by saying that their review and proposed mechanism is based on the in vitro findings, and that efficacy would need to be shown in proper human tests. These tests were done, ivermectin does not do anything, there is no mechanism of action.

Saying that the article “touts” ivermectin is to fundamentally misunderstand what the paper is actually saying.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Avirosb posted:

Mars has royalty which is not woke but scantily clad female leaders which is...sorta woke...???

Nah, they loooove Earthmen with swords. Bring your katana and you'll be swimming in hot alien ladies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

rowkey bilbao posted:

Am I a horse or not ??

Look the courts never going to call you a horse to your face. It's just gonna tell imply it a whole lot in front of your freinds and families.

The courts pretty lovely like that.