Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tighclops posted:

I misread this and assumed for a minute that there was going to be a voyager beer

Do not trust any voyager beer. It would make you sick and not drunk or something, Neelix would be the one to make it remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tuvix IPA- It will transport you to a new world of flavor

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Doctors Hologram Ale

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Is that a light beer?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Leola Root Beer - it tastes like poo poo. Better than Barq's

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Brawnfire posted:

Is that a light beer?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol waka waka!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Captain Proton's Super Juicy Hazy

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Take the cheese beer to sickbay.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Flotter Lager

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Imagine the weed they could grow

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Akoocheemoya Gold

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Harry Kim on the 3rd shift supervising huge grows....

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I want that electronic device that Chakotay has that creates a spiritual experience and spirit vision. I wish they'd have explored that more but uh.. not really .

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

redshirt posted:

Imagine the weed they could grow

When you cough, it tastes like bloodwine

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Wine would be a nice addition, usually it's just blood

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

Wine would be a nice addition, usually it's just blood

lol you should see the hologram about that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What the gently caress is bloodwine suppose to be made of. Like is it actual blood that is mixed with wine, but then they talk about aging the bloodwine. Humans can drink it perfectly fine and it doesn't kill them.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Hollismason posted:

What the gently caress is bloodwine suppose to be made of. Like is it actual blood that is mixed with wine, but then they talk about aging the bloodwine. Humans can drink it perfectly fine and it doesn't kill them.

So a bit of googling and it seems that it should be possible to ferment blood into an alcohol, but you'd probably need to add an anti coagulant so it doesn't clot. Also while blood does have some sugar in it, you'd probably have to add some more. Also it would be super salty and taste metallic.

Maybe out of an animal like a hummingbird which can have extremely high blood sugar level directly after feeding (also Mexican cave fish for some reason).

So in summary just stick with rum.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

I want that electronic device that Chakotay has that creates a spiritual experience and spirit vision. I wish they'd have explored that more but uh.. not really .

Putting your hand on a little pad with some blinking LEDs to get high would be really convenient

Mind you if I had one of those things right now, I'd probably duct tape it to my hand and end up like garak

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I thought it was so rude when Sisko and that Admiral didn't at least have a ceremonial drink with Martok in the ruins of Cardassia. Like they all swore on years before!

I get why they didn't for wishy washy Federation reasons, but god drat Martok is your BRO! And you leave him hanging like that? I just can't accept it.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Hollismason posted:

It's never explained in the canon as far as I know. It's supposedly about twice as strong as human spirits which makes me questions whether you can even call it wine, and therefore the accuracy of the name in general. It might be allegorical. If it was named for the color you might expect it to be pink.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The humans standing in a pile of their dead enemies and refusing to drink to the slaughter despite their victory was one of the nice reminders in DS9 that it was still Star Trek and these people were still trying to be better than we are

I also liked that martok just shook his head and muttered to himself about humans not understanding before taking a giant swig from the bottle

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

thotsky posted:

It's never explained in the canon as far as I know. It's supposedly about twice as strong as human spirits which makes me questions whether you can even call it wine, and therefore the accuracy of the name in general. It might be allegorical. If it was named for the color you might expect it to be pink.

Pictured: Klingon bloodwine

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I feel like Sisko should have drank the bloodwine on Cardassia.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tighclops posted:

The humans standing in a pile of their dead enemies and refusing to drink to the slaughter despite their victory was one of the nice reminders in DS9 that it was still Star Trek and these people were still trying to be better than we are

I also liked that martok just shook his head and muttered to himself about humans not understanding before taking a giant swig from the bottle

Yes, there's that angle of course. There's also being diplomatic.

There's also just being bros.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

Yes, that's there angle of course. There's also being diplomatic.

There's also just being bros.

Lmao you don't get it

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I just feel like Sisko would have kept his word about drinking bloodwine on Cardassia. Like he'd probably say " I don't like it" but he'd still drink.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

I thought it was so rude when Sisko and that Admiral didn't at least have a ceremonial drink with Martok in the ruins of Cardassia. Like they all swore on years before!

I get why they didn't for wishy washy Federation reasons, but god drat Martok is your BRO! And you leave him hanging like that? I just can't accept it.

I like that moment because it shows how different Federation and Klingon culture is in these moments. Martok is a Warhawk, and it's through victories like this that he keeps the empire safe.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hollismason posted:

I just feel like Sisko would have kept his word about drinking bloodwine on Cardassia. Like he'd probably say " I don't like it" but he'd still drink.

Yes, this exactly.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tighclops posted:

Lmao you don't get it

There's also living up to a vow you made with a man whose culture takes these things incredibly seriously, and you knew that when you took the vow.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I can totally get not wanting to take a celebratory drink on a massive pile of civilian corpses

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I like that moment because it shows how different Federation and Klingon culture is in these moments. Martok is a Warhawk, and it's through victories like this that he keeps the empire safe.

Yeah that's the message, and I get that wormy Admiral delivering it. But Sisko man. THE Sisko...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
As far as character episodes go Datas episodes are mostly all bangers. I'm rewatching and skipped ahead because I knew Datas Day was coming up. Just a really good episode.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I relate to the Data episodes because they explain human behaviour in easy-to-grasp terms.

Episode idea: a crewmember takes a bet that they can make Data into the most popular one on the ship. I call it "My Fair Data".

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

but data’s already the second most popular guy on the ship

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Computer, erase Mr Data's secondary memory encode module....

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Bloodwine is probably made by fermenting the crazy rear end blood of some crazy rear end space monster. It’s not considered “legitimate” Bloodwine unless the guy who brews it hunted down and slayed the beast himself. Trying to farm the space monster instead of hunting it is considered to be without honor, and trying to pass off such illegitimate Bloodwine to guests will result in several vendettas.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

galagazombie posted:

Bloodwine is probably made by fermenting the crazy rear end blood of some crazy rear end space monster. It’s not considered “legitimate” Bloodwine unless the guy who brews it hunted down and slayed the beast himself. Trying to farm the space monster instead of hunting it is considered to be without honor, and trying to pass off such illegitimate Bloodwine to guests will result in several vendettas.

Yeah, yeah what ever, tastes exactly the same as drinking it straight from the replicator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

TrashMammal posted:

probably not much different than disneyland, tbh. the “happiest” place on cardassia. small galaxy ride basically the same, all filled with smiling dancing bajorans and whatnot

Complete with their own movie studio.

Pocahontas but she's Bajoran.