Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

I have a stack of steel utility bowls I keep in a cabinet, and getting those out is a clear signal that the final day has arrived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Fuckt Tupp posted:

my mom has spoiled their cat with bird videos until he expects that whenever u turn on the tv

im just waiting for him to slam their flatscreen over into the wall one of these days, thats gonna be real cute lol

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CLOSE UP FOOTAGE OF BIRDS. AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, BIRD.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

remember what they took from you austin man

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

emfive posted:

god drat I'm going to Trompitoz

Trompo is the Spanish word for a top, like the kind you spin, so when Lebanese immigrants brought kebab spits to Mexico, it was decided they kinda looked like tops and should be called trompos. Somebody eventually put some marinated pork on there, which proved to be one of history's all-time good decisions

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

aw heck ya we talkin public access??

https://i.imgur.com/NF9EEa7.mp4

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
donald troogle

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Real Mean Queen posted:

Trompo is the Spanish word for a top, like the kind you spin, so when Lebanese immigrants brought kebab spits to Mexico, it was decided they kinda looked like tops and should be called trompos. Somebody eventually put some marinated pork on there, which proved to be one of history's all-time good decisions

yea it's basically shawarma right? "Tacos Al Pastor", great stuff. Well except not for me personally, but yea good pastor loving rules.

also note the 10x10 IMPACT

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I guess pork instead of lamb, cuz duhh

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
tongs!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
turp

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

WHOA

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

emfive posted:

yea it's basically shawarma right? "Tacos Al Pastor", great stuff. Well except not for me personally, but yea good pastor loving rules.

also note the 10x10 IMPACT

I don't know a lot about making shawarma, but the pastor we were doing relied really heavily on guajillos and habaneros and lime and so on, so I think it's a thing where new technology and techniques were applied to the kind of cooking people were mostly already doing. It was one of my favorite things I have ever done for money or leisure. We did not have a trompo, sadly, but you can do pretty good with a flattop

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

my dog is farting LIKE A DOG

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
My Dog, sure

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
when i take two tugs of the vape after every beer instead of one, that means im on vacation

#futureboomermemes

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I've been playing Helldivers 2 and my entire thing is dropping artillery on my own team. it's a real blast

you can drop a minefield then drop your reinforcement

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
the drink: iced green tea with citrus and vodka

the verdict: p drat good. similar to a hot apple cider with vodka for some reason but more alcohol forward

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

sinnesloeschen posted:

UH BLEE BLEE BLEE LOOK AT ME IMA SNAKE

HERE EAT THIS

the serpent was a metaphor for Adams dong

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

anybody watching movies anymore? I think they're all dead

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

donald tongs :hmmyes:

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Lpzie posted:

how have you been lately Lpzie?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lpzie posted:

Dunc 2 is a masterpiece

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Dunc 2 is a masterpiece

So's "Fateful Findings", OP.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
Late night with the devil looks great, but gently caress going to a theatre to see found footage horror

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Lpzie posted:

Barbie was good
Oppenheimer shouldn't have been best picture but I found it interesting
American Fiction was good
Dune 2 was fantastic in theatres, though I'm not sure it's the kind of thing like LOTR i will watch at home 100 more times
Looking forward to Civil War

I have seen a lot of trash this past year though as well (Napoleon+every comedy I saw all year, besides Barbie)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Oiled and Ready posted:

Barbie was good
Oppenheimer shouldn't have been best picture but I found it interesting
American Fiction was good
Dune 2 was fantastic in theatres, though I'm not sure it's the kind of thing like LOTR i will watch at home 100 more times
Looking forward to Civil War

I have seen a lot of trash this past year though as well (Napoleon+every comedy I saw all year, besides Barbie)

2023 was pretty good for movies. All the Best Picture nominees were good, except for I assume Maestro which I didn't watch but looked awful. But still that's like 9 good movies right there.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I'm watching PFC (Pillow Fight Championships)

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Lpzie posted:

im watching the elephant man right now

outside ur window lmao

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

Late night with the devil looks great, but gently caress going to a theatre to see found footage horror

it was a lot of fun

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Poor Things was great
Dune 2 was great
Saltburn was great
Zone of Interest was one of the hardest but best watches in my life, and great
Infinity Pool was good

Killers of the Flower moon was ok, typically ponderous Scorsese

Barbie was ok
No One Will Save You was ok
Super Mario was ok
Evil Dead Rise was ok

Beau is Afraid was confounding but uhhhh well you just gotta watch it I guess

Fell asleep watching Asteroid City

Leave the World Behind was God awful trash

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
i mean im actually watching the movie the elephant man on a laptop outside ur room

do u want to join me? i made popcorn!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

CaptainBeefart posted:

I'm watching PFC (Pillow Fight Championships)

well that sounds boring *click*

Raw Time

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Lpzie posted:

We're in the middle of re-watching "Reds", it's a really fantastic movie that does not get enough love, absolutely spectacular direction and cinematography

music child says I need to watch "The Parallax View" from 1974

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
honestly the zone of interest and the elephant man makes for a disturbingly related double feature

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

the argument/fight scenes in Reds are near-perfect masterpieces

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

House Party reboot 🙌

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

emfive posted:

We're in the middle of re-watching "Reds", it's a really fantastic movie that does not get enough love, absolutely spectacular direction and cinematography

music child says I need to watch "The Parallax View" from 1974

i have heard good things about both and they are on my list

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I saw Marc Ribot's Ceramic Dog and The Messthetics with James Brandon Lewis this evening. Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I saw some movie analysis thing some time ago, not a long time, some rando on youtube, but he said something that really made me think: when you're impressed by something in a movie, you should really think about it a lot, because in a well-done scene nothing is by accident. Making a movie is really hard and everybody involved is good at what they do (in a good movie). Nothing in a well-made scene is just "oh yea just stand over there, wherever". It's all done for a reason because it probably took days and days for them to get ready to do the scene.

That's why I'm having fun with Reds, the interior scenes are off-the-charts amazing.