Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Danger Diabolik posted:

Got to infinite for the first time with Kazar Hatebears. Last turn Luke Cage out of nowhere is a cube making machine.

But... he doesn't do anything in this deck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

uXs posted:

But... he doesn't do anything in this deck?

There’s a decent amount of Hazmat running around, and locations like Necrosha and Negative Zone screw zoo harder than most other decks. I don’t know if that’s enough to make Luke optimal, but there are reasons to run him.

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

Devo posted:

There’s a decent amount of Hazmat running around, and locations like Necrosha and Negative Zone screw zoo harder than most other decks. I don’t know if that’s enough to make Luke optimal, but there are reasons to run him.

Yeah,this. I put him in when Fisk Tower was the hot location and he was so good I left him in. I usually didn't have room to play every card anyway so in games where he wasn't good I just played other stuff.

It's also Bast insurance for Shanna lol.

Danger Diabolik fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 22, 2024

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

2 games in a row I get Sokovia, and 2 games in a row it hits Hela :argh:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Finally saw an opponent use Cannonball now that the weekend missions have started.

He won me the game :laugh:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Another reward track freebie deal: https://pay-va.nvsgames.com/Topup/262304/us-en

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/thejollyrogerba/status/1771265978371817565

Apparently people have been scammed out of hundreds of dollars for fake codes for the Captain America variants/card backs.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

They really need to take Hela behind the shed and shoot her. Just completely unfun. It was annoying to have 50% of matches in infinite be Thanos, but at least you can tech your deck to beat that one.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Devo posted:

They really need to take Hela behind the shed and shoot her. Just completely unfun. It was annoying to have 50% of matches in infinite be Thanos, but at least you can tech your deck to beat that one.

Hmm, does it make you feel better to know SD thinks it’s fine within its metrics ? Because it is not among the “strongest decks” it is fine :)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Red posted:

https://twitter.com/thejollyrogerba/status/1771265978371817565

Apparently people have been scammed out of hundreds of dollars for fake codes for the Captain America variants/card backs.

https://twitter.com/_tavocr/status/1771140657102676415

"Wait, we could have SOLD these?!"

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Sandwolf posted:

Hmm, does it make you feel better to know SD thinks it’s fine within its metrics ? Because it is not among the “strongest decks” it is fine :)

It's funny because I would honestly rather go back to a 10% Galactus meta, and that deck was weaker than either Thanos or Hela

e: actually after typing out and reading that sentence back to myself, it becomes clear that I should just play Galactus

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
hela is tough bc when it goes off it's almost unbeatable but every other time you just don't draw hela or discard her immediately, and I could believe that in the long run the deck whiffs more than it wins. doesn't make being on the other side of a hela win any more fun though

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Oh yeah, I've played it before and you're lucky to go off 50% of the time. But when 7 or 8 out of every 10 matches are against that deck, it starts going off a whole lot.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think the thing is Hela is totally uninteractive unless you nail the Cosmo on last turn which, isn’t realistic. So yes, when playing maybe it only goes off 50%, but if you’re on ladder and keep hitting that person hitting that 50% poo poo feels awful because there is literally nothing you can do.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

i dont even play move decks but kitty miles morales was too adorable not to get, though i had peach momoko gwen too and that was tempting

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Devo posted:

e: actually after typing out and reading that sentence back to myself, it becomes clear that I should just play Galactus
:hai:

It's like everyone forgot about him and thinks you're just trying to setup a panther to zola. So many open lanes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hela would probably work better as something like "Revive 3 random discarded cards" or "create 4 powered zombies equal to how many cards were discarded"
I play Hela a lot because it wins a lot, but it's not very fun

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Actually would love if Hela’s resurrected cards didn’t also get to pull off a bunch of on reveals

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Ran into an interesting variation on Zola shenanigans a little bit ago. The curve was Magik -> Wong -> Beta Ray Bill -> Zola.

Unfortunately for them I flooded their Limbo on 6. :v:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

If you've ever thought about buying a premium mystery variant with 'high probability' of certain album cards, someone submitted a ticket after only getting 1 such card after buying 14 variants.

Tech response:

quote:

We've looked into it, and the variants you've opened from PMV seem to be within the normal range. For more details, feel free to check out the related info we've shared on our official website. Thanks a bunch for your support!

... what the gently caress.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Red posted:

If you've ever thought about buying a premium mystery variant with 'high probability' of certain album cards, someone submitted a ticket after only getting 1 such card after buying 14 variants.

Tech response:

... what the gently caress.

this is what the published rates are:

quote:

This Featured Mystery Variant contains all eligible unowned Rare and Super-rare variants, excluding Pixel variants. It also includes the currently-featured variants at a higher rate.

Every 12 Featured Mystery Variants opened reward the following (not in this order):

6 Rare Variants
3 Super-rare Variants
3 Featured Variants

Additionally:

If there are no eligible Featured Variants to reward, any Featured Variant pull instead awards an eligible, unowned Rare or Super-Rare Variant.
If there are no eligible Rare Variants to reward, any rare pull instead awards an eligible, unowned Rare Avatar.
If there are no eligible Super-rare Variants to reward, any Super-rare pull instead awards an eligible, unowned Super-rare Avatar.
If there are no eligible Avatars to award, any Avatar pull instead rewards 310 Boosters.

if the ticket they submitted is accurate then either these rates are wrong or the person is misreporting only getting 1 out of 14

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
What does “featured variant” mean? Just like if there’s a shop takeover or new card or whatever? I don’t see anything that indicates guaranteed album cards. I’m guessing it’s just projection by that person.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

flatluigi posted:

if the ticket they submitted is accurate then either these rates are wrong or the person is misreporting only getting 1 out of 14
I think the counter doesn't reset between features so you could hit a 1 out of 14 inside the two sets of 12.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

DeepDickPizza posted:

What does “featured variant” mean? Just like if there’s a shop takeover or new card or whatever? I don’t see anything that indicates guaranteed album cards. I’m guessing it’s just projection by that person.

sometimes the premium variant in the shop has an icon on it that specifically marks it as having a higher chance of rolling a card in a particular album

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DeepDickPizza posted:

Sometimes the mystery variant will have something featured, usually a takeover or when a new album is out, but sometimes randomly.
It'll have the little icon

Red
Apr 15, 2003

flatluigi posted:

Even 3 in 12 kind of sucks if they advertise it as 'featured'. Then again, I didn't think people were buying this poo poo by the dozen.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Huh? Never noticed that. Shows how much I care about the silly Premium Mystery Variant, I guess.

dipple posted:

I think the counter doesn't reset between features so you could hit a 1 out of 14 inside the two sets of 12.

It’s probably this, then. I remember when people were confused by this on the collectors reserve track.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

dipple posted:

Theoretically, the longest you could go without a featured variant is 18 pulls:

[ F F F 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 F F F ]

Though you'd have to be pretty unlucky.

E: They really need to drop the prices by 8x

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Sandwolf posted:

I think the thing is Hela is totally uninteractive unless you nail the Cosmo on last turn which, isn’t realistic. So yes, when playing maybe it only goes off 50%, but if you’re on ladder and keep hitting that person hitting that 50% poo poo feels awful because there is literally nothing you can do.
lockdown stuff does OK against hela

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

flatluigi posted:

They’re just begging for someone to buy 24 to call their bluff

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Lmao I just saw the Groot emote in a game. Someone did buy it!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It's just a much shittier bundle than the Okoye/Nakia bundle, which gives you the same currency plus two variants for the same price.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

victorious posted:

Lmao I just saw the Groot emote in a game. Someone did buy it!

It's a nice one but the price was just too high.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
My Twitch rewards variant was Hipp Multiple Man. Decent enough, not that I ever really play a move or even Phoenix deck.

My Season Pass premium variant reward is a kick rear end Angel card...who will see even less play because I've never played Angel after my first week:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Oh man, that has to be in the running for best variant for worst card

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I pulled Pixel Quinjet for my Twitch drop. Woof.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

DeepDickPizza posted:

I pulled Pixel Quinjet for my Twitch drop. Woof.
Mine was Dan Hipp Howard which is about the same level of terrible

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Pixel Helicarrier from Twitch which is actually not a bad variant and I think I'll use it if I ever put Helicarrier in a deck.

Midnight Suns Human Torch from the season pass, which is very cool.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I thought I had seen every blocked/stopped card ability from Professor X, but I was wrong.

Add "Phoenix Force will not Revive a card" to the list!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I thought I had seen every blocked/stopped card ability from Professor X, but I was wrong.

Add "Phoenix Force will not Revive a card" to the list!

Will Hulk Buster merge with a card?