Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Cause it’s loving hilarious, loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
They were laughing, with tears in their eyes!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
a retired general came up to me and, he had tears in his eyes, he said to me sir, they're all laughing

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Couldn't they have gotten multiple, smaller bonds that add up to the full amount?

Are they just stupid or something?

Or are they embellishing the story to make it less embarrassing that they DID ask for a bunch of smaller bonds, and even the low-balled numbers got laughed out of the room because they don't have collateral for even that?

:lol:

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

lol

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
Mods please ban these terrible corrupt bondsmen who are not following forum rules and posting every time they lol.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

kuarduck posted:

Ah, yes... another fan of Maynard James Keenan's writing

I've honestly never read any of Maynard Jame's Keenan's writing, but I'll take the loss if it's already been done before.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Oh my God, they were laughing...

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

BigHead posted:

:eng101: Grifters find the states with the best Medicaid reimbursement for drug rehab, set up some cheap apartments, and bus folks to AA meetings every day. I used to go after those guys from the Medicaid compliance side of it. It's always some disgraced MD who sets it up or who partners with someone who owns the apartment complex.

24 hours lol

you hit the nail right on the head.

In Miami there are lots of treatment centers.

I honestly think it is more for the families of the addict. It makes them feel like they are dealing with a family disease even though all they have done is send away the addict in their life with the belief that he/she walks in the door of "rehab" a hopeless addict, and thirty days later walks out of "rehab" a full functioning member of the family. It speaks nothing of the deep emotional, and behavioral change necessary or that it will take a lot longer than thirty days.

Our chief exports here are orange juice and crippling depression, biggest import is boomers and addicts.

This leads to lost of people being sent here to get clean, failing, and getting stuck here.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
“An anonymous source claims they heard LOLLING and ROFLING coming from the office before shovel boy waddled out crying with a big snot dangler swinging from his nose “please d-d-don’t tell them i’m poor” he whined before falling down several flights of stairs.

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

I would pay a hefty sum to get a "lenders laughing at Eric blubbering for bonds" compilation

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Asterite34 posted:

Couldn't they have gotten multiple, smaller bonds that add up to the full amount?

Are they just stupid or something?

Or are they embellishing the story to make it less embarrassing that they DID ask for a bunch of smaller bonds, and even the low-balled numbers got laughed out of the room because they don't have collateral for even that?

:lol:
No, either there's enough collateral for the whole thing, or there's not and there's no reason to issue a smaller bond. The regulations for bonds is very restrictive and requires the best of assets because you're not charging huge premiums for it; regulators want a low risk undertaking with a concomitant low risk reward to boot. And generally real estate is not acceptable collateral because it's not easily liquidated.

It is theoretically possible I think to take out mortgages, put the proceeds into an account, then assign it to the surety company as collateral, so the risk of trying to get a valuation rests on a third company and the insured. That can be done piecemeal on that end. But everything's already hugely encumbered and lol that the judgment is for fraudulent valuations of said properties.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

kw0134 posted:

No, either there's enough collateral for the whole thing, or there's not and there's no reason to issue a smaller bond. The regulations for bonds is very restrictive and requires the best of assets because you're not charging huge premiums for it; regulators want a low risk undertaking with a concomitant low risk reward to boot. And generally real estate is not acceptable collateral because it's not easily liquidated.

It is theoretically possible I think to take out mortgages, put the proceeds into an account, then assign it to the surety company as collateral, so the risk of trying to get a valuation rests on a third company and the insured. That can be done piecemeal on that end. But everything's already hugely encumbered and lol that the judgment is for fraudulent valuations of said properties.

The AG's office pointed out numerous cases where companies have assembled smaller multiple $100m bonds to satisfy the stay requirement.

I assume Trump could get five different bonds each secured with a golf course individually and post them collectively based upon the AG's surreply. That don't have to get a single half a billy bond. They can, though, as the surreply also pointed out numerous cases with singular bonds more than double what Trump owes.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

A few quick points:

1. Trump is already overdue on his bond payment to stop the asset seizure. That deadline was yesterday.
2. All of the preliminary work to seize Trump assets in New York was done last week and it looks like it was pushed through fast since there was no need to hurry on any of it.
3. I think the only thing left to do is notify the court that they're sending the sheriff over to take stuff. That can be done the moment the court opens at 8:00am eastern and the second the paperwork is submitted, they can chain the doors on Trump properties.
4. The courts being closed on the weekend essentially gave Trump an extension and if he posts his bond first thing in the morning tomorrow then the whole thing stops. Even if they lock the door on Trump Tower tomorrow morning first thing, Trump has a little bit of time where he could file and say, "I posted the bond, don't let them sell my stuff!" and then it's back to business as usual.

If Trump had any chance of stopping the seizure, I think he'd be bragging about it right now. Instead he's freaking the gently caress out. Even more than usual. And James doesn't need to rush to seize everything, but the filings last week makes it seem like she's doing just that. Maybe as a way to head off any shenanigans on Trump's part or maybe because Trump works very hard at pissing everyone off and now she has a chance to kick him a few times in the nuts. I thought they might be holding off slightly since there's the logistics problems of seizing and selling so many things, but it looks like this is going full steam ahead. If she does seize things next week, the property would be auctioned off the following Wednesday so we are in for some top shelf lols.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Because they loving hate you and your hosed up family dude for justifiable and also prig reasons. And I agree. Lol

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
I had a really annoying dream that I was back in high-school and had all this homework due tomarrow and I didn't have any of it done and then I woke up in a panic but quickly calmed down and realized thank God I don't owe the state half a big one tomarrow and it's Sunday so I cracked a beer.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Somehow Trump found common ground between bankers and human beings.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

:shrug:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Mr. Nice! posted:

The AG's office pointed out numerous cases where companies have assembled smaller multiple $100m bonds to satisfy the stay requirement.

I assume Trump could get five different bonds each secured with a golf course individually and post them collectively based upon the AG's surreply. That don't have to get a single half a billy bond. They can, though, as the surreply also pointed out numerous cases with singular bonds more than double what Trump owes.
Ah, I see. And the surreply specifically says that a letter of credit, which is effectively a mortgage, can convert the illiquid asset into one liquid enough for a surety company. But of course the surreply is also "bitch, you lied about your properties, so the fact no one wants to touch your lovely stuff is further proof the judgment was in fact correct."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

isnt the "paper"(or whatever proprietary textile) money is made of decently heavy and that amount of cash if real would be heavy? also worth a lot just to use for a photo op.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1771908635888668999?s=20 Lol

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Riding that lie train right until the fiery derailment

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"hello gentlemen, i require a small loan"
"and what will you put up for collateral?"
"this property worth two billion dollars"
"and what was the crime?"
"over valuing my properties"
:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

isnt the "paper"(or whatever proprietary textile) money is made of decently heavy and that amount of cash if real would be heavy?

As somebody who used to work with that amount of physical cash, yes.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Just sit right back
and you'll hear a tale
a tale of a fateful grift
It started on a moving stair
In a shiny city
His son was a mighty coking man
The Trumper large and vain
Our nation lost it way that day
For 12 years of hell
12 years of hell

The apocolypse started kicking off
Decorum did get tossed
If not for the grifting of the fearless crew
The cash cow would be tossed
The cash cow would be tossed

The trail brough forth a string of LOLs
The Trumper goes to jail*
With Giuliani
And Don Junior too
The fail son (in law)
And his wife
His chief of staff
The pasta guy and Cheese Bro
Here in a tiny assed cell.

*Definitely rooting here, but call it prophecy if you like.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

PhazonLink posted:

isnt the "paper"(or whatever proprietary textile) money is made of decently heavy and that amount of cash if real would be heavy? also worth a lot just to use for a photo op.
That volume taken up by even trade paperback books would be pretty heavy, paper in general is a pretty hefty material. There's also no reason whatsoever (given the vintage of the photo) to use anything but $1 bills underneath the higher value bill that faces the camera, so that stunt can be a lot cheaper than you think.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

One of them, Maria, one of them got done laughing and wrote a check for me and then held it up high so I had to jump for it. I had to jump for it Maria. Once I finally had it, they wrote it out for 500M farts and signed it void, and then they were laughing again, Maria.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

Remind me what happens to every other lender with stake in the seized properties? Say NYAG seizes a gold course and Trump Tower, and sells them each for $250m, and pockets that. What happens to Deutsche Bank and everyone else owed money with those properties as the collateral? They're all screwed?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

But Trump said under oath that he has 400M liquid. He would never lie right?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I dunno anything about bonding, but is it possible to divide it amongst these 30 companies?

so each is only on the hook for ~$17M? I figured if this was possible they'd have explored it and gotten more laughs.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
or just have newpaper cut to fit under. there's one episode of burn notice where they got a drug boat and big blocks of cash, and Bruce Campbell says with all this money and they cant put it in something with a drat handle.

also some light search enginging, a "brick" of cash should be about 2 pounds

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

gottem

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Random Stranger posted:

A few quick points:

1. Trump is already overdue on his bond payment to stop the asset seizure. That deadline was yesterday.

Court deadlines that land on weekends are automatically extended to the following business day.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Asterite34 posted:

Yeah, and that's just because they rebooted Night Court, never mind the other stuff

Excuse me, it's a sequel to the original Night Court, not a reboot :colbert:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Almost Smart posted:

I can counsel these people too, and I’ll give them much better advice (and for free!):

Stop watching Fox News.

I can guarantee you will be far happier and more well-adjusted afterwards. You might even be able to salvage your relationship with your estranged children and grandchildren.

Seriously, if such a service existed that involved actual reputable counselors that were helping actual patients stop freaking out about the stupid border, that would be the first thing they would suggest.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BigHead posted:

Remind me what happens to every other lender with stake in the seized properties? Say NYAG seizes a gold course and Trump Tower, and sells them each for $250m, and pockets that. What happens to Deutsche Bank and everyone else owed money with those properties as the collateral? They're all screwed?

Last I read, in NY mortgage holder is first priority followed court judgments and then every other creditor.

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Random Stranger posted:

A few quick points:

2. All of the preliminary work to seize Trump assets in New York was done last week and it looks like it was pushed through fast since there was no need to hurry on any of it.
3. I think the only thing left to do is notify the court that they're sending the sheriff over to take stuff. That can be done the moment the court opens at 8:00am eastern and the second the paperwork is submitted, they can chain the doors on Trump properties.
4. The courts being closed on the weekend essentially gave Trump an extension and if he posts his bond first thing in the morning tomorrow then the whole thing stops. Even if they lock the door on Trump Tower tomorrow morning first thing, Trump has a little bit of time where he could file and say, "I posted the bond, don't let them sell my stuff!" and then it's back to business as usual.

If Trump had any chance of stopping the seizure, I think he'd be bragging about it right now. Instead he's freaking the gently caress out. Even more than usual. And James doesn't need to rush to seize everything, but the filings last week makes it seem like she's doing just that. Maybe as a way to head off any shenanigans on Trump's part or maybe because Trump works very hard at pissing everyone off and now she has a chance to kick him a few times in the nuts. I thought they might be holding off slightly since there's the logistics problems of seizing and selling so many things, but it looks like this is going full steam ahead. If she does seize things next week, the property would be auctioned off the following Wednesday so we are in for some top shelf lols.

i would auction everything 9:01 Monday morning starting bids $1

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:gary::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Well great. Now I’m laughing too. Look at what you’ve done, Eric.