Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

TastyAvocado posted:

Yeah there's a resting inn up a staircase next to the drinking inn, I didn't see it at first either.
It's kind of bad that both are called Inn. Just call the second one pub or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Thumbtacks posted:

Is spear hand not a story reward from returning to Melve again?

That's how I got it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Deified Data posted:

Is there any way to access your storage in the rest town?

Check the place with the little bed icon on the map.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Presumably it's because your main pawn (or hired pawns) can get brined or otherwise lost and then you'd be out in the wilds without pawns or a camping kit.

Oh yeah, I guess that makes sense. But encumbrance is such a huge deal in this game, especially early on, that I still much prefer to keep my camping kit on my main pawn.

e: sorry for the double post

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

Is spear hand not a story reward from returning to Melve again?

You're right. Archer and the trickster needs to go that way sorry.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

Shoehead posted:

Everdread I guess you can be a guinea pig for this but I really wonder if that 10000g is going to get duplicated for everyone who took Ralsei out and killed an ogre or just the first person
it seemed like everybody got it, since each showed the mission being completed + 10k reward for 'em?

I wasn't super scrutinizing but it appears the single initial charge covered all of it, so I think it duplicates those rewards

I'm debating about putting up a portcrystal lol

fakeedit: actually you can't? the really primo stuff they must not let ya pawn-mission, no portcrystal or ferrystone (though you CAN put up the fake partcrystal and ferristone haha), no goldbugs, no sorc quest tomes, etc

BUT, it WILL let me put up an extra forager tome, so doing that for cyclops and seein' if it dupes a bunch out:

06IFOTXMRSSI

they're level 39 so if folks wanna friend me on steam for da free recruit friend code 30298569

edit: if ya do get a tome give a heads up (at least to check if it's multiplyin' heh), would be nice to know if there's a limit or it's time based or what

Everdraed fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 24, 2024

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
There's almost always a riftstone close by any camp site, so I haven't had many camping issues with losing my main pawn so far

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Tiny Chalupa posted:

You're right. Archer and the trickster needs to go that way sorry.

I can’t imagine doing the archer unlock really early, that sounds like a nightmare. I wandered my way there by accident and it was a real battle to get there. Fun though.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

sebmojo posted:

if you have a 40xx video card, this mod almost doubled my fps: https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma2/mods/39

So yesterday I didn't change anything but somehow, I went from about 40-50 FPS to 70 FPS in the wilds.

Installed this mod and I'm getting 100-120 FPS sometimes in the wilds. 60-70 FPS in Vernsworth, from like 30.

Insane jump in graphics quality from day 1.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Oh yeah, I guess that makes sense. But encumbrance is such a huge deal in this game, especially early on, that I still much prefer to keep my camping kit on my main pawn.

My reasoning has been the same as yours, but maybe it's better to keep all the other stuff on the pawns especially as combining doesn't seem to care which inventory an item is in. Having to find a rift stone just to revive the main pawn seems like it would interrupt the flow quite a bit. But I'm very early in, barely anywhere, so don't know if that's a real concern.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Play posted:

I can only really comment as a thief main but man, it's such a good class. I would say ensnare/implicate to create openings for others and deal with flying enemies, helm splitter for large enemies, and powder blast because it's cool. Then the parry one, instant kill or something like that is really good. Or formless feint although that's a special skill. Makes you unhittable while draining stamina.

The fast slash to do anime cuts and get behind enemies or slice through several or get out of a dogpile. Double jump because you can't not have a double jump. I'm getting rid of gut n run bc it's too rare to activate on many enemies, but Spin Slash is my bread n butter for bosses. Never bought ensnare because I can just spin jump em.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I made a counterfeit gold bug last night. It has a different name, but can I still use it to fulfill a pawn quest for a goldbug?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mustang posted:

So yesterday I didn't change anything but somehow, I went from about 40-50 FPS to 70 FPS in the wilds.

Installed this mod and I'm getting 100-120 FPS sometimes in the wilds. 60-70 FPS in Vernsworth, from like 30.

Insane jump in graphics quality from day 1.

Is this the thing that makes your HUD look like dog poo poo?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

v1ld posted:

So it sounds like camping gear is best carried on you, not your pawn.

No way. A camping kit pretty much puts me in very heavy. Even average is barely tolerable. Main person carries roburants and shuffles everything else away.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I thought I had heard there was an equipment load in addition to the carry load, but that doesn't seem to be the case? The inventory shuffle is kind of annoying and I'd have preferred a little more flexibility there with an equipment load.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Professor Beetus posted:

Your HUD looks like dogshit because your resolution is wrong, correct the resolution and it looks fine.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Really enjoying the game so far, just got to Bakbattal and swapped from Thief to Spearhand since I got Thief maxed out, and swapped Eggman from Fighter to Warrior since he maxed out Fighter. Think I might have him go Thief to get the strength boost and then double back to Warrior, though... not sure. Also, added Eggman to the spreadsheet. Please enjoy bringing him along! He's a big strong fella.

Here's our current outfits.

eggman's feeling the breeze.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao a dragon just landed in the capital city

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

I said come in! posted:

lmao a dragon just landed in the capital city

This is Ulrika's fault somehow

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Thumbtacks posted:

Your HUD looks like dogshit because your resolution is wrong, correct the resolution and it looks fine.

My resolution is correct, I haven't used the mod yet. I just remember way back down thread someone said that there was some fix that enabled dlss but it made the HUD look like dog poo poo because it wasn't properly implemented.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

Tried launching the game on Steam and am getting a "cannot reach the game server" notification repeatedly. Any workaround?

Bumping this cause I can't seem to find any info online about other people running into this. Anyone know about it?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha just noticed the PlayStation lights flash red while a pawn is dying. Sorry Leshi, I took a tram in the dark and you decided to go on foot and die alone.

That said, human male nerd voice is my favourite pawn personality so far. Such a weird prick I love it.

Edit: NVM I got so far away or plopped then out on the ground near me? Or someone dragged em up here when I was lookin

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Professor Beetus posted:

Nope. You might have a red hue to the image but once you turn on reflex it goes away.

Literally just Dragons Dogma 2 but runs a lot better.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Khanstant posted:

I made a counterfeit gold bug last night. It has a different name, but can I still use it to fulfill a pawn quest for a goldbug?

Just try it. Would be really funny if it works, it's all someone like that deserves.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mustang posted:

Nope. You might have a red hue to the image but once you turn on reflex it goes away.

Literally just Dragons Dogma 2 but runs a lot better.

sick, thank you.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

doomfunk posted:

they can, but your stash is refrigerated so just stuff em in there

The stash not decaying threw me off, since combining materials seems to be much more valuable in this game. I was just munching greenwarish, then discovered it combines with fruit for a salubrious brew. Never realized that fruit would mature because it never sat in my inventory, I always stored it, but two ripened fruits make dried fruit which combines with greenwarish for roberant which is a way bigger heal. Same with fish for roe roberant and harspuds for harspud roberant.

Related, getting mad at the logistician pawn I hired; they grab all the fruit and greenwarish and make brews before the fruit ripens!

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

If you have a 40xx card, the mod just unlocks functionality already in the game's to do DLSS 3 frame interpolation. HUD should be fine - "should" because I haven't tried it. But there are reports of crashes on some systems being why Capcom disabled it in the first place.

That mod can also be used with other mods to enable frame interpolation on 20xx/30xx cards with AMDs FSR3 as well. The HUD supposedly goes to a blurry mess if you do this. I tried this briefly, had crashes and immediately backed out.

I've gone back to DLSS 2 on my 3070 Ti laptop, which gets a pretty solid 60 fps in the wilderness anyways.

One easy observation: High setting nearby shadows with DLSS show flicker. Setting shadow quality to Max removes that flicker but chew up way too much fps to be worth it.

Shadow flicker problems go away with FSR3, even on High. In general FSR3 seemed way less blurry than DLSS 2 even on a NVidia 30xx card.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

At what point can I split vocations? In the city the guy offers 2 new ones but I remember a lot more in the first game.

Just wanna do my archer/knives combo from the first game.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
lol I love how unscripted things feel in this game. My oxcart was interrupted by this giant bugbear with 3 health bars, and then that was interrupted by a giant gryphon with 6 health bars. poo poo was crazy

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
any1 know what this means?

it was som1 that went w/ my pawn
i cant see his steam profile, his chars profile or his pawns profile

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I don’t know if this will have story consequences down the road or if it’ll actually do anything but when I was in the castle the queen was just like in her chamber talking to me so I killed her maybe? Unclear if she’s dead. Got arrested and put in jail and then no one cared, so we’ll see what happens. Probably shouldn’t have done that.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Seeing all this talk of stuff in/around Melve makes me want to go back and just live in those woods for a while. I did the brothers quest and cleared out some saurians but didn’t find any hut or anything like that so apparently I’m missing stuff! But this is DD, missing stuff ain’t exactly hard. :v:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

I don’t know if this will have story consequences down the road or if it’ll actually do anything but when I was in the castle the queen was just like in her chamber talking to me so I killed her maybe? Unclear if she’s dead. Got arrested and put in jail and then no one cared, so we’ll see what happens. Probably shouldn’t have done that.

Lmao that owns. Worst case scenario you could revive her with a wake stone in the cemetery. Supposedly any dead NPCs will get dragged there in a couple days?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The racist village chief.

fed the brine after he evicted the beastren. Hope that doesn't have consequences later. Don't tell me if it does.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

whoa, Everdraed gave my pawn a really nice weapon. thanks! Wonder Woman is fighting way above her level now:

up to level 13 and zooming along! Pawn ID X3AZ5KDK96GB on steam

gonna go cull some monsters for main questline after lunch

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Infinity Gaia posted:

Presumably it's because your main pawn (or hired pawns) can get brined or otherwise lost and then you'd be out in the wilds without pawns or a camping kit.

you could also use the advanced technique of having one ferrystone on your player character and let your pawn carry the camping gear anyways

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
gently caress I finally figured out that bum storyteller quest after stubbornly smashing my head against it since day 1. You bet your rear end I ratted him out, gently caress this guy.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Considering getting this on PS5 because of the server connection issue I've posted about. What's the consensus on game stability between Steam/PS5, better or worse?

Rascar
May 3, 2005
DICK
It looks like all the pawns I encounter only have their moniker showing but not their real name. Does anyone know how I can turn that off and have it show the actual name of the pawns? I looked around the options menu, but couldn't find anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rascar posted:

It looks like all the pawns I encounter only have their moniker showing but not their real name. Does anyone know how I can turn that off and have it show the actual name of the pawns? I looked around the options menu, but couldn't find anything.

it's the parental controls option, a pawn's moniker is basically the "please don't let my kid see someone named Arse Eater out in the wild" alternative