Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

Tried launching the game on Steam and am getting a "cannot reach the game server" notification repeatedly. Any workaround?

Ok I found a workaround for anyone else who runs into this. Click "Next" which takes you to a debug webpage, copy the code to your clipboard and then paste it back in the bug report window that pops up. After you submit the bug report the game will launch.

I feel like I had this same issue with another Steam game recently where it would not launch until I sent the bug report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Can you only cook 1 meat at a camp?

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Vintersorg posted:

Can you only cook 1 meat at a camp?

Yeah because it just gives you a buff, and so far they all do the same but more, so stacking them would be meaningless.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Vermain posted:

it's the parental controls option, a pawn's moniker is basically the "please don't let my kid see someone named Arse Eater out in the wild" alternative

There's no parental controls option in the settings in this game though :confused:

I've also seen pawns names randomly switch to their monikers, and then revert back to their player given names after using a riftstone.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Why are so many pawns named SphinxFather and SphinxMother? There's like ten of each in the monthly ranking list

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Volte posted:

Why are so many pawns named SphinxFather and SphinxMother? There's like ten of each in the monthly ranking list

It was a funny oversight left-in moniker when the character creator & storage first launched and was hotfixed out less than a day later, but regardless, people got a bunch of them hard locked in early before it could get patched out.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Not sure if this was a scripted event but there was a cyclops rampaging in the city when I came back from questing.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

lets hang out posted:

There's no parental controls option in the settings in this game though :confused:

I was wondering the same thing because I wanted to check to make sure. I didn't find an option mentioned anywhere either. The only thing I can think of is that I think the game asks you for your age at first start up.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Wow photo mode sucks loving rear end.

"No, of course we shouldn't add the ability to center the camera on anything but exactly the player character's head. Why would anybody want to be able to frame things in a photo mode?"

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 24, 2024

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
So I had to google the quest for the masquerade; Went through the secret door, but the big doors are closed because the masquerade had ended. Will there be a new masquerade or am I borked?

Also, I redid my duo into something more, uh game of thronesy.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hel posted:

Yeah because it just gives you a buff, and so far they all do the same but more, so stacking them would be meaningless.

Ooooh - I thought it made a consumable lol

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
What are the best ways to make money early game? I've been consistently strapped for cash buying/upgrading equipment and I just finished the Nameless Village which sells lots of expensive Thief gear.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Popete posted:

Considering getting this on PS5 because of the server connection issue I've posted about. What's the consensus on game stability between Steam/PS5, better or worse?

If you have a 4000 series RTX card and an otherwise beefy computer, it runs great after fiddling with some settings. Plus using the mod mentioned recently. I've never had any crashes or bugs.

Definitely way better performance than you'd get on PS5.

With an RTX 4070, 32gb RAM and an i7 8700k I'm getting anywhere from 80-120 FPS in wilderness areas at mostly max settings and raytracing on. Looks amazing, but FPS does drop quite a bit in towns.

Wilderness FPS seems to mostly depend on how close you are to a town. Once you get away from them I'm mostly in the 100+ FPS range.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
PEMH0UD52627 is my Pawn's ID. Her name is Lavinia and she's currently a Warrior. She thirsts for monster blood, please use her. She's currently leven 32 or 33. Something like that. Maxed Fighter, pretty high Warrior.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Playing on PS5 seems pretty smooth to be honest.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
5800X3D CPU with a 3080 GPU. Latest drivers. 1080p. DLSS off, dynamic res ON, most everything else on high.

Performance has been absolutely fine, usually at or above 60 fps, with some small hitches in the city that do not matter to me at all, and almost don't even register unless I'm looking for them.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Imaginary Friend posted:

So I had to google the quest for the masquerade; Went through the secret door, but the big doors are closed because the masquerade had ended. Will there be a new masquerade or am I borked?

There’s more, it’s almost every night I think? Go find a bench and keep dozing off until it’s night again and go see

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Imaginary Friend posted:

That old dude is a dead ringer for Kethric Thorm lol.

There's a masquerade almost every night, you can tell by speaking to the guard in front. If he says there isn't one then go down to the bench and doze off until it's the next night.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Everdraed posted:

it seemed like everybody got it, since each showed the mission being completed + 10k reward for 'em?

I wasn't super scrutinizing but it appears the single initial charge covered all of it, so I think it duplicates those rewards

I'm debating about putting up a portcrystal lol

fakeedit: actually you can't? the really primo stuff they must not let ya pawn-mission, no portcrystal or ferrystone (though you CAN put up the fake partcrystal and ferristone haha), no goldbugs, no sorc quest tomes, etc

BUT, it WILL let me put up an extra forager tome, so doing that for cyclops and seein' if it dupes a bunch out:

06IFOTXMRSSI

they're level 39 so if folks wanna friend me on steam for da free recruit friend code 30298569

edit: if ya do get a tome give a heads up (at least to check if it's multiplyin' heh), would be nice to know if there's a limit or it's time based or what

I've actually made a bunch of money hiring free pawns with high rewards for quests, I think that might be the secret to making a heap of RC this time

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

TastyAvocado posted:

Yeah there's a resting inn up a staircase next to the drinking inn, I didn't see it at first either.

gently caress I searched all over, thanks lol

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Is there a point to "multiclassing" vocations? Like ahould i get max rank mage? Or can I just go the whole game as sorcerer and it's fine.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

RubberLuffy posted:

PEMH0UD52627 is my Pawn's ID. Her name is Lavinia and she's currently a Warrior. She thirsts for monster blood, please use her. She's currently leven 32 or 33. Something like that. Maxed Fighter, pretty high Warrior.

Put her on the sheet if you want:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CPUxGkeK6FHGsSe1igMFOsSc-81RxfUxVHRDqr-KyE4/edit#gid=0

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

SHISHKABOB posted:

Is there a point to "multiclassing" vocations? Like ahould i get max rank mage? Or can I just go the whole game as sorcerer and it's fine.

Look at the augments each class can learn on the vocation change screen and decide what if any of them you'd like on your pawn - you can equip augments learned as one class onto any other class.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Deified Data posted:

Look at the augments each class can learn on the vocation change screen and decide what if any of them you'd like on your pawn - you can equip augments learned as one class onto any other class.

Oo that's useful.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Woof, the power jump going from Their to Mystic Spearmen was intense. Losing double jump does not feel okay and I swear the whole class moves slower even if I empty inventory.

I'm also broke as hell in beast city, couldn't rest at the inn because it's 9999, I thought maybe the innkeeper was racist like the racists who kept beating me up and killing me on low HP in a 3 v 1. So I sold a bunch a stuff to scrape together enough to buy a beast mask and the innkeeper had the same price, he was just nicer to me. Had to go find a campsite out of town that had NPCs to kill the enemies bc everyone is too low HP to do it themselves lol. Finally rested and now I'm out here fighting with level 1 mystic spearman skills and it feels so rough lol. Plus have no mage.

I'm still gonna try multiple vocations but it seems to me it'll be hard to beat the thief main + mage pawn combo. Doesn't help I'm broke as a joke and can't upgrade or buy better gear.

My fault for coming here to see an art show dozens of story quests early.

I still have not seen the art show bc the racists keep killing me, I'll try again now that I've got a few pups of mystic spearman.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lmao, Donavan says (minor early sidequest) the caravan reached its destination safe and sound. Not true! It was completely destroyed by that Gryphon! I then ran half the way to Melvw before encountering a different oxcart which I took the rest of the way. This makes me think the Gryphon maybe wasn't a scripted part of that side quest.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Deified Data posted:

gently caress I finally figured out that bum storyteller quest after stubbornly smashing my head against it since day 1. You bet your rear end I ratted him out, gently caress this guy.

oh buddy

:smith:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

SHISHKABOB posted:

generally speaking I think people eventually figure out the one class they REALLY like and mostly play that, but like someone said you can equip augments from any class so it's good to max out as many as you can. There's also NG+ so you can always wait and do it then, or do whatever you want.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

lmao, Donavan says (minor early sidequest) the caravan reached its destination safe and sound. Not true! It was completely destroyed by that Gryphon! I then ran half the way to Melvw before encountering a different oxcart which I took the rest of the way. This makes me think the Gryphon maybe wasn't a scripted part of that side quest.

My caravan was destroyed by a gryphon and I reloaded and it was destroyed again but we killed the gryphon. I just kept walking and hopped on another caravan without paying and it was destroyed by something else.

In any case, when you get there he is happy nothing was destroyed.

The oxcart business is tough, if one out of every ten carts makes it to the destination they call it perfect safety record. Kind of how a tic tac can claim to be sugar free despite being made of sugar.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Thumbtacks posted:

generally speaking I think people eventually figure out the one class they REALLY like and mostly play that, but like someone said you can equip augments from any class so it's good to max out as many as you can. There's also NG+ so you can always wait and do it then, or do whatever you want.

I think I hosed up playing archer first because I unlocked the darth maul class and I did not like doing melee at all, so I am now back to being an archer after 4 or so levels in mystic spear.

e: does anyone know if ring effects can stack? I got a ring that makes stuff take more damage from my arrows the closer I am to them, and then I found one in a chest as well.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh yeah, this is Darth maul lol. Well, it's no Thief but I'm warming to it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dinistrydd has to be the best bow that can be found in the northern half. Roight? It was a good idea to come to the elven village.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

This puzzle person asked me to answer how many puzzles I successfully completed previously. I did 5 but failed 1, making the answer 4. Game decided that was incorrect. I savescummed and tried 5. incorrect. I savescummed repeatedly and tried every possibly answer. Only 7 worked, which was objectively wrong. Itsuno...

Vargs fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 24, 2024

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Thumbtacks posted:

Knowing myself I will probably switch every 10 levels or so with some long streaks in between for my favourite classes.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

sebmojo posted:

if you have a 40xx video card, this mod almost doubled my fps: https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma2/mods/39

I have a 40-series and chain crash with this fix, just a head's up that it's not yet perfect for everyone.

Edit: Apparently I missed a driver update recently. Updating, setting a max frame rate and enabling vsync seems to have done the trick.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 24, 2024

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Maelstrom and Meteor are hilariously OP holy poo poo. Level 33 with an archstaff you can buy from the Elf village and you can easily kill pretty much any large monster in one or two casts.

Sorcerer is ridiculous.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is there any points of no return before the very end of the main quest? Just wondering if I should do this coronation quest since it's asking me to finish everything else before doing it and I've done the other available main quests.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

I don’t know if this will have story consequences down the road or if it’ll actually do anything but when I was in the castle the queen was just like in her chamber talking to me so I killed her maybe? Unclear if she’s dead. Got arrested and put in jail and then no one cared, so we’ll see what happens. Probably shouldn’t have done that.

Please update us if this has any hilarious consequences because I really hope it does

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

What did I miss out on lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
Goons, i need your honest take on this game.

I have a lot of issue with it being $70 USD so ill be holding off until its on discount but is it actually fun? I've watched reviews from the likes of IGN to Gamespot to online personas that seem to say it's a "hands down GOTY contender" but any stream or video I pull up seems...incredibly dull.

Now, I am a fan of the first, and had the original on my 360 and even got the Dark Arisen on my steam, so I know what to expect but still.. I just can't justify the cost for a game that seems so...mirthless? I'm sure everyone else in here is going to say its great but what about it is captivating you to pick up and play?