Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

It isn't often mentioned, but the Garfield universe has a few disturbing similarities to the Kevin & Kell hellworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

Slylock Fox

*Extremely Khan voice* Buried alive. Buried aliiiive.

Quality drawing of your tio, Zara. Good job.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

This got a chuckle out of me.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Larson Farms Milk

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

riderchop posted:

Compu-toon

The only reason I know this is a rerun from July 2022 is because I saw it, thought "wow, this is stupid, I should send it to the group chat-- wait, didn't they already do one like this," looked it up in the groupchat, and found the exact same comic, because back then I saw it and thought "wow this is stupid, I should send it to the group chat."

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
And now that you have me looking at it again, I'm admiring the random stuff they used as filler in the side panel.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
You know your network is strong when the woman at the automated check out station is a recipient!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Boy Nothing Caps Off A Nice Round Of Honeymoon Sex Like Going Outside And Cracking Open A Chocolate Egg Like Jesus Intended, Knowing Full Well There's A Nonzero Chance My Friends Who Are Easter Bunnies Heard Me Getting My Back Blown Out By Rhinoceros Cock Because This Place Is Supposed To Be Totally Empty For Our Honeymoon

this is a part one, apparently, and like I'm not the world's fanciest woman but she looks like if a Klanswoman went to the Olympics.

"Oh geez honey I got that curse on me. You're gonna have to gently caress other people because if I touched you, well..."

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Haifisch posted:

And now that you have me looking at it again, I'm admiring the random stuff they used as filler in the side panel.

That part actually was changed from the original, for some reason. The original side panel:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Obnoxipus posted:

That part actually was changed from the original, for some reason. The original side panel:

The Keypad Kid is Kancelled

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Esa Ahto

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake The Magician

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Ed, your salary is probably higher than the combined income of the entire ballet troupe, so you can gently caress all the way off

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Wimmin be shopping and liking stupid poo poo like ballet.

Men eat donuts and like cool poo poo like golf.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Has that squirrel considered picking itself up by the tailstraps? We don't need handouts for vermin that don't want to work.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Krazy Kat(December 15, 1918

Gasoline Alley(November 9, 1919) Timged for a bit of caution.

[b]Little Nemo](May 10, 1908)

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Since Vargo is away, here is a catch-up of this week's Breaking Cat News.

Georgia Dunn on GoComics posted:

I want to thank everyone for the support this week during BCN’s real life tiny news broadcast, straight from the scene of the funny pages. Thank you for your words of encouragement, for sharing this with people and reaching out to your newspapers, and for the enthusiasm you have shown myself and my colleagues! I still have high hopes that this can be corrected and women can be brought back into other newspapers that dropped us. And if not, I’ve read through many of your comments about a discrimination case (and had several attorneys reach out to me since the Washington Post article dropped) and I agree that may be inevitable. In addition to my own legal talks, I’ll support any action the syndicates, newspapers, NCS, or other cartoonists take to hold these companies accountable for wiping out the women cartoonists from their pages. Something will be figured out. There’s no option where Americans accept that nearly 350 newspapers host less than 2% comics credited to women in 2024. If Gannett is waiting for that to be their easy answer, that’s not it. It’s especially not it when mega-sellers like Dana Simpson were dropped, and humbly myself, Will Henry, and Steenz, all of whom also sell plenty of books and have a strong readership in schools.

…To quote Thimblefist, “It will be ok, because we will make it ok.”

Thank you for supporting Tabitha and Baba Mouse (and me) speak up this week. I was very anxious at the start of the week and so many of you were amazingly kind and supportive. Let’s hope folks heard us!! On Monday we return to our regularly scheduled programming!

From the Breaking Cat News Instagram

Georgia Dunn posted:

Yes, today’s Sunday strip is based on real life! Here’s pictures of Pucky in his kittenhood, being picked up and shown things. (In this case a fly whizzing around the old apartment, which flew by in the second photo!) He still enjoys this, especially seeing the top of the fridge, which he’ll sometimes then gently scramble to hop on. ❤️

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Seems like bit of a health hazard that you can program the conveyor cables to choke someone.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Have these two ever been shown doing something together they both enjoy?

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Pancho Jueves posted:

Hating their son?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Pancho Jueves posted:

Ed is a soulless husk who has never taken real joy in anything in his life, so no.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

quote:

I struggled with the snake/shrimp panel quite a bit – my preference (as I’ve done so far in the chapter) would be to localize with an analogous word pair in English (like “ship” and “shrimp” or something) and avoid footnotes altogether, but with the drawings there I had to stick to the original words – I tried to make it work without footnotes but eventually realized I just had to explain that “ebi” is in fact the correct pronunciation of “shrimp”.
(Those are some hell of cute animal drawings, though, I gotta say.)

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

davidspackage posted:

The Keypad Kid is Kancelled

Decided to check, the last post to the blogspot page was in 2014, and the last post to the facebook page looks to have been in 2016. There are a few likes from Charles Boyce on the Facebook posts, and a couple comments from another individual who's probably involved in the Keypad Kid Project in some capacity , and that's pretty much it.

I'm honestly surprised Boyce kept promoting it for so long.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

I'd swear we just saw this one last week.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

drat, that's a fine elephant.

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

Something i love about this era of WAR is that the kid loves Thomas the Tank Engine, my favourite thing as a little kid.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Kennel posted:

drat, that's a fine e'fun.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

Loving the Moomin crossover in the second panel there

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Pancho Jueves posted:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 8/11-13/52

Archie 12/8-10/49

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 5/5-7/77

That's as many as ten thousands. And that's terrible.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Giant Ethicist posted:

I struggled with the snake/shrimp panel quite a bit – my preference (as I’ve done so far in the chapter) would be to localize with an analogous word pair in English (like “ship” and “shrimp” or something) and avoid footnotes altogether, but with the drawings there I had to stick to the original words – I tried to make it work without footnotes but eventually realized I just had to explain that “ebi” is in fact the correct pronunciation of “shrimp”.
(Those are some hell of cute animal drawings, though, I gotta say.)

Probably the best but least feasible solution I've ever seen is Kanako's Life as An Assassin, where the translator is just the original artist, who changed the puns to ones that work in English and redrew the panels to match the new puns. Real Samuel Beckett hours.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Conan: The Blood Egg Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

Glenn’s Hyborian reality is revealed and it is every bit as grisly as you might have suspected.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

That is a fantastic panel out of context.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (November 22-24, 2005)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I can't wait for the Centenarian Organ Harvester plotline

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Wicked Gnomes

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Powered Descent posted:

I'd swear we just saw this one last week.

Yeah, we did.

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

But you can see that it has the date 2024-03-24 on it so it was supposed to run this week. Here's the one that was supposed to run last week:

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

riderchop posted:

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

I usually scroll past this comic but that was pretty funny!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise: The Wicked Gnomes

Fig. 1, Modesty Blaise in the Fairyland Magic Grotto: